Le Bonheur Children's Hospital Employee Reviews

This is a good place to work if you love children
Patient Account Representative/PBX Operator (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 8, 2017
Working every day was a joy, I enjoy the patients and co-worker was a good group of people. Didn't like you could easily get attached to the children. I like all the activity that went on.
This was a wonderful place to work.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 9, 2017
This hospital is a wonderful place to work that values nurses and provides a culture of continued growth. They offer flexible self scheduling that supports a positive work-life balance.
Productive Entry Level Position
Community Asthma Educator (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 17, 2017
Department is productive and flexible. Great benefits and ongoing PTO accruement. Great hospital to work for. Tuition reimbursement is a huge plus. Easy to transfer within the system.
Love Le Bonheur
Research Assistant Intern in Neurology Clinic (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 15, 2017
Le Bonheur is a wonderful place full of intelligent and compassionate people. Management is good. I would recommend working there to anyone interested in health care.
what I learned
Intern (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 21, 2017
I learned how to operate many machines and how to prepare solutions. I also learned how to split cells. I mainly cleaned glassware, refill pipette tips boxes and a lot of clerical work. I had projects to complete also.
Great Job
Ryan White Part D Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 6, 2017
This position was amazing. There is a collaboration between St. Jude, Le Bonheur, and Regional One. It some of the most gratifying work I ever done. My only problem was there was not room for me to grow.
Benefits
Cons
Lack of Growth
Magnet work environment
Director of Patient Care Services (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 31, 2016
Everyone is truly there for the patients and their families. Great teamwork. The CEO is phenomenal. Great staff and physicians
Pros
CEO's vision
Cons
Most leaders stay for a long time so not many opportunities for advancement
I love it
Internship Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 19, 2016
I love the environment and if I was license/certification i will be most there with the others. The coworkers was patience and confident and I learn so much from the hospital setting than the retail setting
Great company with great culture
Pedi-Flite Critical Care Flight Paramedic (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 9, 2016
LeBonheur is a place where people can truly make a difference in the world. If our children are our future, LeBonheur is insuring that the future is bright!
Amazing hospital
Child Life Specialist Intern (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 13, 2016
Typical day at LeBonheur is dynamic and ever changing. I learned much each day from staff and patients, there is always something new to discover. The management in the Child Life Department was phenomenal. Co-workers throughout the department and entire hospital were positive, fun and enjoyable to work alongside. Advancement from intern to a full time position is difficult. As a parent who had their child admitted to this hospital after having worked there, I can say nothing other than that the staff and facility were outstanding for my son while he was an inpatient.
Great Company
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 18, 2016
Great place to work. There are always events rewarding the accomplishments of the hospital. The patient to staff is poor, however. Med surg floors hold 24 beds. Duties of the nursing assistant include: charting intake and output, heights/weights, rounding, bed changes, floor stocking,and the basic ADLs. On night shift, there will usually be only one CNA on the floor and one unit coordinator. Night shift workers are expected to perform dual roles as well. Some nights you may work as a nursing assistant, some nights you may be a sitter, and some nights you may be a unit coordinator. The staff for the most part is friendly and easy to get along with, but there are a few bad apples. The management experience is different on each unit. From my personal experience, there has been a lot of unfulfilled promises on hiring new CNAs to help out. Also, I was under the impression that they would work with my school schedule since they "promote" education advancement. I asked to go down to part time (due to a Mon-Fri daytime class) and was told that she (my director) doesn't hire part-time. This was very disappointing news, especially since I've been there 2 years. Im now forced to resign.
Pros
great benefits, good pay, self-scheduling
Cons
short staffed, won't work with school schedule
Neonatal Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 17, 2016
Lebonheur is a remarkable place to work. The environment is one that foster and provides the greatest quality of care and services for its customers. The opportunity to be included in providing these services and caring for the customers is the most enjoyable part of my job.
Team Player
Nursing Administrative (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 4, 2016
You must be a team player to work here. Have a positive attitude and pleasing personality. Be patient and a great listener is required in a hospital environment.
Pros
Benefits, great people to work with, It's all about the children seeing the heal and their smiles.
Pediatric RN
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 26, 2016
I have worked here for many years. It is a great environment, particularly for a new graduate RN. Great orientation program and lots of educational opportunities.
Le Bonheur
Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 2, 2016
Le Bonheur is an amazing place to work. It has a scenery like no other and an amazing work family. Anyone we be honored to work there.
Wonderful place to work
Unit Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 25, 2015
Everything may be fast paced, but the mission is to take care of the children and their families. I love how everything is do "kid" friendly in here. Everyone works well together, it's like being apart of a big family. Parents can trust their child is in great hands coming here. The professionalism is at a all time high here. There is plenty of room to grow and move up. This hospital encourages furthering education. It's just great all around here.
Cons
Short Breaks
Unit Secretary/Utility Aide (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 20, 2015
It was my first job after graduating from a Medical Assistant, Everyone was so nice and loved their job. I worked a 12 hour shift and it was my very first night job. I really enjoyed working as a part of the Team!
Exciting and Productive
Processing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 24, 2015
I enjoy the hospital and team members. I worked here before and returned!
Management remains "TASK ORIENTED" ..Nurses today are technologically savvy critical thinkers who coordinate care across a broad spectrum of healthcare. To be successful, they must be well-educated, well-trained, and able to lead patient care
Pros
Great Peoples
Cons
Having to see sick children
ensuring the safety and security of all patients, staff, visitors and property.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 20, 2014
I love doing work for LeBonheur. I love my job and my fellow officers I work with.
Pros
security week
Saving the Children
Executive Administrative/Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 4, 2014
I think that Le Bonheur is a great to work because it has a mission to saving the lives of our children. That was motiviation for me to take on the positon at Le Bonheur.

The benefits are execellent and the staff was great with great levels of morale. I found it as a good job.
Pros
Great people to encounter
Cons
Salaries were a little low