Le Bonheur Children's Hospital Employee Reviews

Great Job
Ryan White Part D Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 6, 2017
This position was amazing. There is a collaboration between St. Jude, Le Bonheur, and Regional One. It some of the most gratifying work I ever done. My only problem was there was not room for me to grow.
Benefits
Cons
Lack of Growth
Great Company
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 18, 2016
Great place to work. There are always events rewarding the accomplishments of the hospital. The patient to staff is poor, however. Med surg floors hold 24 beds. Duties of the nursing assistant include: charting intake and output, heights/weights, rounding, bed changes, floor stocking,and the basic ADLs. On night shift, there will usually be only one CNA on the floor and one unit coordinator. Night shift workers are expected to perform dual roles as well. Some nights you may work as a nursing assistant, some nights you may be a sitter, and some nights you may be a unit coordinator. The staff for the most part is friendly and easy to get along with, but there are a few bad apples. The management experience is different on each unit. From my personal experience, there has been a lot of unfulfilled promises on hiring new CNAs to help out. Also, I was under the impression that they would work with my school schedule since they "promote" education advancement. I asked to go down to part time (due to a Mon-Fri daytime class) and was told that she (my director) doesn't hire part-time. This was very disappointing news, especially since I've been there 2 years. Im now forced to resign.
Pros
great benefits, good pay, self-scheduling
Cons
short staffed, won't work with school schedule
Amazing hospital
Child Life Specialist Intern (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 13, 2016
Typical day at LeBonheur is dynamic and ever changing. I learned much each day from staff and patients, there is always something new to discover. The management in the Child Life Department was phenomenal. Co-workers throughout the department and entire hospital were positive, fun and enjoyable to work alongside. Advancement from intern to a full time position is difficult. As a parent who had their child admitted to this hospital after having worked there, I can say nothing other than that the staff and facility were outstanding for my son while he was an inpatient.
Team Player
Nursing Administrative (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 4, 2016
You must be a team player to work here. Have a positive attitude and pleasing personality. Be patient and a great listener is required in a hospital environment.
Pros
Benefits, great people to work with, It's all about the children seeing the heal and their smiles.
I love it
Internship Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 19, 2016
I love the environment and if I was license/certification i will be most there with the others. The coworkers was patience and confident and I learn so much from the hospital setting than the retail setting
Great company with great culture
Pedi-Flite Critical Care Flight Paramedic (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 9, 2016
LeBonheur is a place where people can truly make a difference in the world. If our children are our future, LeBonheur is insuring that the future is bright!
Neonatal Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 17, 2016
Lebonheur is a remarkable place to work. The environment is one that foster and provides the greatest quality of care and services for its customers. The opportunity to be included in providing these services and caring for the customers is the most enjoyable part of my job.
Saving the Children
Executive Administrative/Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 4, 2014
I think that Le Bonheur is a great to work because it has a mission to saving the lives of our children. That was motiviation for me to take on the positon at Le Bonheur.

The benefits are execellent and the staff was great with great levels of morale. I found it as a good job.
Pros
Great people to encounter
Cons
Salaries were a little low
clinic nurses are not appreciated by management
former employee (Former Employee) –  memphis, tnApril 14, 2014
Eventhough the clinics are affiliated with Lebonheur Hospital they shouldn't be because they give the hospital a bad name. The work is not hard and the hours are great for a working Mom or wife who can no longer handle hospital 12 hour shifts. The kids are great and the environment is clean. Management is weak, they are not a good voice for their workers and do not provide opportunity for advancement. They also do not appreciate their workers. They teach correct values, but don't represent them the way they should. The clinic managers, Kim Lewis and Martha Thomas, should be sent to a management class.
Pros
weekdays no nights, holidays or weekends
Cons
clinic management, no overtime
Pediatric RN
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 26, 2016
I have worked here for many years. It is a great environment, particularly for a new graduate RN. Great orientation program and lots of educational opportunities.
Respiratory therapists beware!
RRT (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 16, 2012
LeBonheur Children's Hospital is the greatest place to work and serve our young people in the mid-south. This hospital goes above and beyond for their patients and their families, and for me, this has been the best place I have ever worked, until the witch showed her true colors. If you are a respiratory therapist, do not apply here. There is no job security. The current respiratory director is a liar and backstabber. She likes to feel like she has power and tries to intimidate her staff. Those who do not submit to her get fired for any reason she can think of. She receives horrible reviews from her peers every year and yet remains on staff, even though she evidently suffers from signs of alzheimers. Turn over is incredible in the respiratory dept., and upper management will hopefully realize that she gives LeBonheur a bad name for allied health workers. Once the current respiratory director is gone, LeBonheur will once again be a wonderful place for RTs to work.
Pros
truly cares for children, loving staff, fun environment
Cons
respiratory director makes it a horrible place for rt's
Wonderful place to work
Unit Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 25, 2015
Everything may be fast paced, but the mission is to take care of the children and their families. I love how everything is do "kid" friendly in here. Everyone works well together, it's like being apart of a big family. Parents can trust their child is in great hands coming here. The professionalism is at a all time high here. There is plenty of room to grow and move up. This hospital encourages furthering education. It's just great all around here.
Cons
Short Breaks
Le Bonheur
Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 2, 2016
Le Bonheur is an amazing place to work. It has a scenery like no other and an amazing work family. Anyone we be honored to work there.
Work Place Politics
Executive (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 20, 2012
My position comes with a lot of politics and that makes each day a challenge. Most days are really good because of the multitude of knowledge that surrounds you. I work closely with Neurologist and I prepare protocols for various different types of studies. Therefore, I really enjoy the work that I do; because it helps children. My co-workers have been very distant, I have been here one year and I can not tell you that it is easy working in a department with moral issues, such as this one, but I have managed. The hardest part of my job is dealing with the office politics. What I enjoy most is writing the studies and working with UT IRB to get them approved for research.
Pros
open office, lots of lunches by vendors, and education is phenominal.
Cons
there are none.
Exciting and Productive
Processing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 24, 2015
I enjoy the hospital and team members. I worked here before and returned!
Pros
Great Peoples
Cons
Having to see sick children
Love the Children's Hospital
Ortho Coor. (Former Employee) –  ACCMarch 1, 2012
Caring place for Children
I enjoy the hospital and team members. I worked here before and returned!
Management remains "TASK ORIENTED" ..Nurses today are technologically savvy critical thinkers who coordinate care across a broad spectrum of healthcare. To be successful, they must be well-educated, well-trained, and able to lead patient care.
Pros
great coworkers and teams
Cons
management remains "task oriented"
Satisifying job with great interaction with patients and families
Utility Aide (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TnAugust 11, 2013
Ordered medical supplies for the unit, ordered formula and food items for the patients. Stocked patient care areas with linen and gowns. Stocked nurses stations with items needed throughout the day. Transported patients for tests. Sat for receptionist daily for lunch and breaks or if there was a call in: answered multi line phone, utilized Intego paging system and tubed specimens to lab department.
Pros
Worked on the same unit as my sister
Cons
Seeing very ill children daily knowing some would not improve
Unit Secretary/Utility Aide (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 20, 2015
It was my first job after graduating from a Medical Assistant, Everyone was so nice and loved their job. I worked a 12 hour shift and it was my very first night job. I really enjoyed working as a part of the Team!
Great environment for children and families
ECMO/CRRT/Apheresis Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Memphis, Tn.September 3, 2013
I have learned a great deal throughout my career journey at Le Bonheur, and have acquired skills that have significantly contributed to my growth as both a nurse, and as a leader.
Hard work for a very good cause, the care of children.
Retail Manager (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 13, 2012
Taking Inventory,cleanliness of kitchen and kitcken staff,making promotion,cash counting,interviewing.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Le Bonheur Children's Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2