Le Cordon Bleu

Le Cordon Bleu United States Employee Reviews

A brief overview
CHEF INSTRUCTOR (Current Employee), Saint Peters, MOApril 10, 2015
I enjoy my position as chef instrcutor very much. My co-workers and students are the joy of my day. The work culture is very supportive but the benefits could be improved.
I love being an alum of this school
San Sai Cooking Competition - Judge (Former Employee), Los AngelesApril 6, 2015
Wither on line or on campus this school empowered me and equipped me to be the best chef possible.
I was given real life valuable knowledge to succeed in the culinary world.
Productive workplace
Business Operations Manager (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZMarch 10, 2015
Great campus location with very friendly and inviting individuals. Campus management was great to work with and there is always something new to learn. The ability to meet people from different walks of life provides the opportunity to see things in a new light.
Fun work place
Line Cook and Cashier (Former Employee), Tucker, GADecember 27, 2014
I was to prep food and cook full course 5 star meals for the restaurant. I also learned how to properly butcher meat and brine it also.
LCB Review
Reception/Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee), MassachusettsDecember 6, 2014
Pros: free food, great students, great people to work with
Cons: odd enviroment, unstable, lack of leadership, not competitive pay, lack of options to grow and learn skills, lack of communication, too much corporate bureaucracy beyond site level
The company is a good company to work for. I learned a lot as it was my first "real" job. Though I did learn a lot, there was not much room to grow personally and professionally.

I had taken learning new skills in to my own hands by freelancing and doing independent activities to facilitate the learning of the skills that were not being offered or were not available to learn.

The best part in my opinion is helping the students and listening to them. That is what kept me going even during the dark times.
Fun Workplace
Career Services front desk assistant (Former Employee), Orlando, FLNovember 4, 2014
Learned many desk/office skills that developed my knowledge. Had fun working and interacting with both students and faculty. Also developed good communication skills while working as a career service assistant.
Misleading Objectives, Micro Management by Poor Leaders.
Management Team Member (Former Employee), MiamiSeptember 19, 2014
Pros: a lesson in the importance of researching your career choices thoroughly.
Cons: a lot of incentives have been compromised to cut cost, management is misleading, shady and condescending.
The culture of the business has changed radically many times over the last few years, Key Positions that made positive contributions were eliminated or consolidated. There is no comprehensive evaluative process to establish the qualifications of individuals in certain management positions, this has created a biased and tense work environment and a rapid decline in morale.
The fact that the corporation is bleeding revenue has also greatly impacted the quality of education being provided and also the quality of instructors being hired.
Good way of getting alittle extra money
Catering Manager (Former Employee), Jamaica, NYAugust 15, 2014
Pros: free lunch, valueable experience
Cons: long hours. not enough pay. no benefits.
Working at the Cordon Bleu was taught me to appreciate my own money and taught me how to save money along the way. But unfortunately this working environment was risky because of the area in which it was located and the time most festivities ended.
great environment
Enrollment Counselor (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZJune 16, 2014
Pros: the students and staff treated very well
great company to work for! fun, fast paced, industry leader.
Fun peacefull place great to culinary art program
Front desk/ Student worker (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAMay 31, 2014
Helping students expand there future, answering phones and handling monthly projects.pretty laid back i enjoyed working and going to school at the same time
Great working atmosphere
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee), Atlanta, GaMarch 25, 2014
Pros: smaller class sizes, professional staff, great students
Cons: working monday - friday challenging for nighttime instructors with day jobs
Friendly staff, great students. User- friendly grade book and decent class sizes. Easy to talk to administrators.
NOT APPLICABLE
FINANCIAL AID ADVISOR (Former Employee), Hoffman Estates, ILFebruary 19, 2014
PART OF CAREER EDUCATION CORPORATION. DIRECTION FROM MANAGEMENT IS NOT CLEAR.
Demo/lecture one day. Student production the next.
Student (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAJanuary 30, 2014
Demo/lecture one day. Student production the next.
More class time I felt was need to learn more in depth.
More student production/practice.
Good learning with class and working with class.
Enjoyed leanring new things.
Admissions Representative
Admissions Representative (Current Employee), Dallas, TexasJanuary 21, 2014
• Made a minimum of 200 outbound calls to connect with perspective students to create value in setting an appointment to tour the campus.
• Set appointments with prospective student to tour the campus, including researching bus routes and providing directions.
• Advised students about the benefits of obtaining credentials though attending higher education as well as different career paths available within hospitality and restaurant industry.
• Assisted with inquiries about local GED programs, adult literacy programs and information about low income assistance with childcare, Dart Para-transit, Select Services.
• Interviewing prospective students to qualify for admissions into a variety of programs.
• Finalize admissions paperwork preformed recordkeeping, and handled sensitive material.
• Developed a pipeline of potential students though personally developed leads.
Productive and very knowledgeable
Chef Student (Former Employee), Dallas, TXDecember 16, 2013
Pros: can do homework
I like the set of how things are done, Things are in order and if you have a question anyone is here to answer it for you.
Admissions Representative Review
Admissions Representative (Former Employee), Austin, TXNovember 9, 2013
Pros: food - people
Cons: management - corporate
Want to work at a call center?? Le Cordon Bleu Austin has become just that. Corporate entities has sunken their claws into what was a great school and working enviornment. The school still has a great program and the BEST instructors but working in their admissions was not fun.

Management: They don't listen to their people nor do they care what you have to say. This has made all their good people leave. Marching orders come down from 3000K miles away so just sit in your cube, make a 150 calls and the corporate hawks will rejoice as the student population dwindles. Direct management is nice and care. They just don't listen. Completely disfuctional hiring process and promotion criteria has put people in positions they don't deserve and it's left the school wondering where it's good people went.

Most enjoyable: The students. Beautiful campus. The instructors are phenominal. They care and they love what they do.

Hours: 9-6 and 11-8: every other saturday
Admissions B
Admissions Dept. Admissions Representative Hybrid (Former Employee), Pasadena, CASeptember 24, 2013
Pros: helping people make decisions in life
Cons: poor management, unethical company
Being a part of education that is sustainable in the food industry and the amount of history Le Cordon Bleu carries with Julia Childs being a great mentor was the drive that kept me going. The management changed four times in four years including VP's as the morale was always low however I focused on the student population and maintained a high level of quality and counseling services for the student. I believe the corporation has lost over 8 colleges and huge layoffs that continue today.
N/A
FINANCIAL AID ADVISOR (Former Employee), Hoffman Estates, ILAugust 18, 2013
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Although I was a direct hire, I was laid off rather soon. I did not work there long enough to make an object assessment.
Day in the life of a Commis
Commis (Current Employee), Sacramento, CAAugust 6, 2013
The Sacramento campus of Le Cordon Bleu offers small classes and large classes. Although the large classes are not as popular, you still receive the 1:1 time with your instructor Chef.
Excellent Culinary and Hospitality Enviroment
Campus Director of Admissions (Current Employee), Scottsdale AZJune 30, 2013
Excellent Culinary and Hospitality Enviroment
Not secure due to being part of the for profit higher education industry
Excellent Campus Leadership but poor corporate leadership

About Le Cordon Bleu

With more than 110 years of teaching experience, Le Cordon Bleu provides the ultimate training in cuisine, pastry, management – Read more

Le Cordon Bleu Salaries