Le Cordon Bleu Employee Reviews

Executive Admissions Representative
Enrollment Representative (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZJuly 15, 2015
Pros: Assisting people with achieving their goals.
Cons: Micromanaged with no sense of care of culture.
The Executive Admissions Representative is more experienced than the Sr. Admissions Rep and interfaces with prospective students in support of their decision to attend/select a school and communicates – more... the philosophy and features of the school, serving as an advocate for prospective students. An Executive Admissions Representative has acquired a superior level of the knowledge, skills and abilities necessary to achieve a higher level of continued success in the Admissions function. As such, an Executive Admissions Representative is expected to achieve and maintain a high level of quantitative and qualitative results as set for an Executive Admissions Representative in an accurate, professional, and compliant/ethical manner using school-approved admission processes and procedures. – less
Great culture great coworkers -
Operations Manager (Former Employee), ChicagoJuly 14, 2015
Great pace how to manage people school level good, outstanding. Is supervising people.Is the people and the environment overall
like being a student here
Student Chef (Current Employee), Boston, MAMay 15, 2015
I am the president of the Iron Toque at this school. I take care of all the students hours for volunteering . I work closely with the chefs to achieves their learning by volunteering for the classes to the public.
Absolutely Horrible
Can't say for fear of Blackballing. (Former Employee), Las Vegas, But this story is everywhere.May 11, 2015
Pros: Anymore there are no pro's to this position, I wish the Culinary Institute of America would buy it so that it could be run right.
Cons: Everything
This is coming from the inside. This is a school for profit. Very little of your money goes back into your education. Remember there are share holders that must make a profit on their investment or they – more... don't invest and sell off their stock. In 2003 this stock was at about 60 dollars a share, now look at it. It is barely about 4 dollars a share. They have been through more campus presidents and Corporate CEO's than you can imagine because they can't get the formula right to teach people how to cook. Why can the Culinary Institute of America do it and graduate a better chef? This school says they are the best in the country, they are the biggest, yes, but only because they need to make more money for investors. They are nothing more than car salesmen and they might just as well be selling Yugo's. Don't waste your money or your time. By the way, look up CECO's news. They want to divest Le Cordon Bleu anyway. Maybe the next owner will get it right.
I worked there for years and it did nothing but get worse and cheaper every year. The 2 senior managers are tools. They tell you what you want to hear just to keep your money. The instructors were actually told once, that they failed too many students and this was unacceptable, so in order to keep from getting fired they just passed them. This did nothing but give the school it's money and the public stupid cooks. They used to have full time real Chefs for instructors and now all they hire are part time graduates that have no experience in the field. Don't get me wrong, the older chefs are great, the newer ones are there because they can't find a job in the real world.Who wants to be taught by a 21 year old uncertified cook that can't answer the basic question "Define cooking".
The hardest part of the job is they expect you to work on your own time with no compensation. It used to be a good 8 hour day. Now it is more like ten because you have no time for grades or lesson plans. They don't even give you time for bathroom breaks. They tell you to just call one of them to break you but they never have the time or they write you up because you can't manage your time well enough. – less
Federal Work Study Worker (Former Employee), Pasadena, CAApril 21, 2015
I was never bored at work. Always productive. Never a moment where there was no work to be done. Everybody at work were generous and kind.
A brief overview
CHEF INSTRUCTOR (Current Employee), Saint Peters, MOApril 10, 2015
I enjoy my position as chef instrcutor very much. My co-workers and students are the joy of my day. The work culture is very supportive but the benefits could be improved.
I love being an alum of this school
San Sai Cooking Competition - Judge (Former Employee), Los AngelesApril 6, 2015
Wither on line or on campus this school empowered me and equipped me to be the best chef possible.
I was given real life valuable knowledge to succeed in the culinary world.
Productive workplace
Business Operations Manager (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZMarch 10, 2015
Great campus location with very friendly and inviting individuals. Campus management was great to work with and there is always something new to learn. The ability to meet people from different walks of life provides the opportunity to see things in a new light.
Fun work place
Line Cook and Cashier (Former Employee), Tucker, GADecember 27, 2014
I was to prep food and cook full course 5 star meals for the restaurant. I also learned how to properly butcher meat and brine it also.
LCB Review
Reception/Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee), MassachusettsDecember 6, 2014
Pros: free food, great students, great people to work with
Cons: odd enviroment, unstable, lack of leadership, not competitive pay, lack of options to grow and learn skills, lack of communication, too much corporate bureaucracy beyond site level
The company is a good company to work for. I learned a lot as it was my first "real" job. Though I did learn a lot, there was not much room to grow personally and professionally.

I had taken learning – more... new skills in to my own hands by freelancing and doing independent activities to facilitate the learning of the skills that were not being offered or were not available to learn.

The best part in my opinion is helping the students and listening to them. That is what kept me going even during the dark times. – less
Fun Workplace
Career Services front desk assistant (Former Employee), Orlando, FLNovember 4, 2014
Learned many desk/office skills that developed my knowledge. Had fun working and interacting with both students and faculty. Also developed good communication skills while working as a career service assistant.
Misleading Objectives, Micro Management by Poor Leaders.
Management Team Member (Former Employee), MiamiSeptember 19, 2014
Pros: a lesson in the importance of researching your career choices thoroughly.
Cons: a lot of incentives have been compromised to cut cost, management is misleading, shady and condescending.
The culture of the business has changed radically many times over the last few years, Key Positions that made positive contributions were eliminated or consolidated. There is no comprehensive evaluative – more... process to establish the qualifications of individuals in certain management positions, this has created a biased and tense work environment and a rapid decline in morale.
The fact that the corporation is bleeding revenue has also greatly impacted the quality of education being provided and also the quality of instructors being hired. – less
Good way of getting alittle extra money
Catering Manager (Former Employee), Jamaica, NYAugust 15, 2014
Pros: free lunch, valueable experience
Cons: long hours. not enough pay. no benefits.
Working at the Cordon Bleu was taught me to appreciate my own money and taught me how to save money along the way. But unfortunately this working environment was risky because of the area in which it was located and the time most festivities ended.
great environment
Enrollment Counselor (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZJune 16, 2014
Pros: the students and staff treated very well
great company to work for! fun, fast paced, industry leader.
Fun peacefull place great to culinary art program
Front desk/ Student worker (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAMay 31, 2014
Helping students expand there future, answering phones and handling monthly projects.pretty laid back i enjoyed working and going to school at the same time
Great working atmosphere
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee), Atlanta, GaMarch 25, 2014
Pros: smaller class sizes, professional staff, great students
Cons: working monday - friday challenging for nighttime instructors with day jobs
Friendly staff, great students. User- friendly grade book and decent class sizes. Easy to talk to administrators.
NOT APPLICABLE
FINANCIAL AID ADVISOR (Former Employee), Hoffman Estates, ILFebruary 19, 2014
PART OF CAREER EDUCATION CORPORATION. DIRECTION FROM MANAGEMENT IS NOT CLEAR.
Demo/lecture one day. Student production the next.
Student (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAJanuary 30, 2014
Demo/lecture one day. Student production the next.
More class time I felt was need to learn more in depth.
More student production/practice.
Good learning with class and working with class.
Enjoyed leanring new things.
Admissions Representative
Admissions Representative (Current Employee), Dallas, TexasJanuary 21, 2014
• Made a minimum of 200 outbound calls to connect with perspective students to create value in setting an appointment to tour the campus.
• Set appointments with prospective student to tour the campus, – more... including researching bus routes and providing directions.
• Advised students about the benefits of obtaining credentials though attending higher education as well as different career paths available within hospitality and restaurant industry.
• Assisted with inquiries about local GED programs, adult literacy programs and information about low income assistance with childcare, Dart Para-transit, Select Services.
• Interviewing prospective students to qualify for admissions into a variety of programs.
• Finalize admissions paperwork preformed recordkeeping, and handled sensitive material.
• Developed a pipeline of potential students though personally developed leads. – less
Productive and very knowledgeable
Chef Student (Former Employee), Dallas, TXDecember 16, 2013
Pros: can do homework
I like the set of how things are done, Things are in order and if you have a question anyone is here to answer it for you.
Headquarters