Le Cordon Bleu Employee Reviews in United States

Great Environment
Lead Instructor (Current Employee) –  Tucker, GAApril 20, 2016
I absolutely love working at Le Cordon Bleu! You have the opportunity to work around students who are fulfilling their dreams, and Chefs who love showing them how to do it. The people are always smiling and the leadership team is incredibly supportive.
Pros
Eating All Day, Wonderful Staff and Faculty, Fun Environment
Cons
School Closing Forever in 2017
Great caring staff
Financial Aid Representative (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAMarch 31, 2016
The work environment here was great, the staff really cared about the student's needs. The students had great opportunities for growth and were challenged to do their best.
Pros
free parking
Cons
late nights, weekends.
high school Admissions (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 4, 2016
Inform potential students about the program and what we had to offer. Give tours and layout of what will be done and what needs to be done.
Pros
Fun working environment
Cons
School is closing
Lcb
Chef instructor (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WADecember 31, 2015
Good place to work, love the other chefs, love the students, the equipment needs some updating I suppose. Overall a good job and school.
High School Specialist/Chef Presenter (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 29, 2015
Very professional environment. I really have enjoyed working for Le Cordon Bleu Miami, unfortunately the company have decided to teach out
Productive work place with great benefits
Admissions Representative / High School Specialist (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 22, 2015
Most enjoyable part of the job: changing lives and great benefits. Management created well structured, positive work environment.
Culinary Instructor
Culinary Instructor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 27, 2015
Working at LCB has its basic ups and down. Although I don't agree with the Parent Company's desire for profitability, I love my coworkers and the students that attend there. To not only teach my students the basic skills necessary for being a chef, but also to inspire them for greatness and to help extract their passion from them to see what they are truly capable of. That is something that is priceless to me.
wonderul
Prep-cook (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORNovember 9, 2015
this is a great place to be all the time. i loved being here. it was great. I loved it so much. all the people loved it so much.so much love
nice school
Student (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 2, 2015
school was nice chefs were awalys willing to help teach people around you grew into a family and a great place to start culinary life
Great Place
Senior Admissions International Specialist (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 27, 2015
I enjoyed my time at Le Cordon Bleu. I truly enjoy helping students achieve their goals. I had the privilege of working with international and local students.
Pros
Great Company
Cons
Schedule is not great
Culinary Education
Chef Instructor (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 12, 2015
Delivering Culinary Skills.
Long days but great weekends.
Great co-workers.
Satisfaction of teaching students how to cook as a profession is very satisfying.
Current Student
Student (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 7, 2015
Le Cordon Bleu is top of the line accredited school to further your education within the culinary field. Very friendly supportive staff that assist you with completing your culinary needs to the best of their and your ability.
One of the most rewarding experiences of my career.
Lead Culinary Instructor (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORAugust 10, 2015
The culinary team worked together for about a year intensively for the Frankfort Culinary Olympic food show. I learned a great deal about the culinary arts as applied to show food, thanks to the great management crew and a fantastic and talented group of members.
The overall personnel were relentless in their hard work.
The hardest part of the endeavor was many sleepless nights preparing for all of the food shows.
I loved creating all of the artistic pieces for the show.
Executive Admissions Representative
Enrollment Representative (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJuly 15, 2015
The Executive Admissions Representative is more experienced than the Sr. Admissions Rep and interfaces with prospective students in support of their decision to attend/select a school and communicates the philosophy and features of the school, serving as an advocate for prospective students. An Executive Admissions Representative has acquired a superior level of the knowledge, skills and abilities necessary to achieve a higher level of continued success in the Admissions function. As such, an Executive Admissions Representative is expected to achieve and maintain a high level of quantitative and qualitative results as set for an Executive Admissions Representative in an accurate, professional, and compliant/ethical manner using school-approved admission processes and procedures.
Pros
Assisting people with achieving their goals.
Cons
Micromanaged with no sense of care of culture.
Great culture great coworkers -
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  ChicagoJuly 14, 2015
Great pace how to manage people school level good, outstanding. Is supervising people.Is the people and the environment overall
like being a student here
Student Chef (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 15, 2015
I am the president of the Iron Toque at this school. I take care of all the students hours for volunteering . I work closely with the chefs to achieves their learning by volunteering for the classes to the public.
Absolutely Horrible
Can't say for fear of Blackballing. (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, But this story is everywhere.May 11, 2015
This is coming from the inside. This is a school for profit. Very little of your money goes back into your education. Remember there are share holders that must make a profit on their investment or they don't invest and sell off their stock. In 2003 this stock was at about 60 dollars a share, now look at it. It is barely about 4 dollars a share. They have been through more campus presidents and Corporate CEO's than you can imagine because they can't get the formula right to teach people how to cook. Why can the Culinary Institute of America do it and graduate a better chef? This school says they are the best in the country, they are the biggest, yes, but only because they need to make more money for investors. They are nothing more than car salesmen and they might just as well be selling Yugo's. Don't waste your money or your time. By the way, look up CECO's news. They want to divest Le Cordon Bleu anyway. Maybe the next owner will get it right.
I worked there for years and it did nothing but get worse and cheaper every year. The 2 senior managers are tools. They tell you what you want to hear just to keep your money. The instructors were actually told once, that they failed too many students and this was unacceptable, so in order to keep from getting fired they just passed them. This did nothing but give the school it's money and the public stupid cooks. They used to have full time real Chefs for instructors and now all they hire are part time graduates that have no experience in the field. Don't get me wrong, the older chefs are great, the newer ones are there because
  more... they can't find a job in the real world.Who wants to be taught by a 21 year old uncertified cook that can't answer the basic question "Define cooking".
The hardest part of the job is they expect you to work on your own time with no compensation. It used to be a good 8 hour day. Now it is more like ten because you have no time for grades or lesson plans. They don't even give you time for bathroom breaks. They tell you to just call one of them to break you but they never have the time or they write you up because you can't manage your time well enough.
Pros
Anymore there are no pro's to this position, I wish the Culinary Institute of America would buy it so that it could be run right.
A brief overview
CHEF INSTRUCTOR (Current Employee) –  Saint Peters, MOApril 10, 2015
I enjoy my position as chef instrcutor very much. My co-workers and students are the joy of my day. The work culture is very supportive but the benefits could be improved.
I love being an alum of this school
San Sai Cooking Competition - Judge (Former Employee) –  Los AngelesApril 6, 2015
Wither on line or on campus this school empowered me and equipped me to be the best chef possible.
I was given real life valuable knowledge to succeed in the culinary world.
Productive workplace
Business Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMarch 10, 2015
Great campus location with very friendly and inviting individuals. Campus management was great to work with and there is always something new to learn. The ability to meet people from different walks of life provides the opportunity to see things in a new light.