Le Meridien Employee Reviews

Beautiful Culture
Executive Sous Chef (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 6, 2017
The hotel was struggling when I was brought on board. The new chef was in way over his head. The F&B director was leaving and the crew was losing interest quickly.

A few small tweaks changed all of that.
Great Team, easy to get stuck
F&B (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 18, 2017
The associates make the experience. While it is hard to fault anyone else, the opportunities for upward mobility, while they seem promising, are very limited.
Pros
Co workers
Cons
Easy to get complacent, mangement not always given jobs based on merit
good place to start
Guest Services (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJuly 22, 2017
Stressfull a lot of time because this is a busy hotel but you can learn a lot from here. Starwood takes care their employees very good, you will receive a lot of training course, complimentary meals and discount when booking other hotel under the company.
Great place to work with amazing team!
Guest Services Agent (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 30, 2017
Great place to work ~ only considering new position due to relocation.
Management team is the best I've ever worked for ~ very fair and encouraging.
Pros
Great location and clientle
Cons
Lack of reasonable parking near hotel
Fun place
Fine dining waiter, cocktail server and bartender (Current Employee) –  Rosslyn, VAJune 23, 2017
great place to work company offer medical, dental, eye and 401 also reimburse education. We do a lot for the community for ex. Friday is jeans day which cost 5 dollars and the money goes to local charity.
Review
Executive Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 22, 2017
A typical day started with review of pass on logs and e-mails to help map out the day. Preparation of Room attendant assignment followed by pre-shift discussions with other departments. the first 2 hours at work was followed by a 15 minute stand up with the GM for a quick round table with each department to map out the day.
Good company
Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 2, 2017
Worked there for 5 years an very good company to work for.love my.employees.i would go back but i dont like working on Sunday anymore .workd 20 yrs on Sunday was just trying to.find me a job with no working Sunday
Not the best place to be
Guest Services (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 25, 2017
I have been at the Le Meridien since 2012. I have friends there. it is relaxed. but my problem is that it is non union and there are always protesters there, and we also do not get annual raises, and the food they serve us is of poor quality.
Pros
Easy job
Cons
low pay
High expectations
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 21, 2017
Of course, a five star hotel will have high expectations in order for the guests to have a good experience. But there are things that were "brand standards" which were unchangeable and often what the guest complained most about.
Very rewarding
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Dania Beach, FLMay 8, 2017
I enjoyed the process of building a Branded Hotel. There were many learning opportunities and actions that I had not done previously. For example bidding out steal, curtain wall glass, etc.
Fun place
Reservation Agent (Former Employee) –  Al KhobarApril 24, 2017
It was nice to work there, it was my first job, i had a great time with the staff and my manager supported me very well and he was very kind, i enjoyed working there.
Pros
3 meals free, apartment
The associates were friendly.
HR Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMarch 16, 2017
The office where I worked was difficult due to the manager. It was stressful and a negative work environment at times. I was not always given the proper tools needed to do my duties.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Parking, Hotel management did not acknowledge department issues
Smooth Service
Concierge Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 13, 2017
Lemeridien was eventually bought out by Westin(Starwood), much more into precise details with guests and employees. Slower paced yet equally demanding
productive, night club
Executive Assistant/Office Manager,SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  ASSISTANT EX. HOUSE KEEPER/ LAUNDRYmanagerMarch 13, 2017
My happy days at is when my guest are satisfy and a repeat business, I learn about making people fill very happy. I achieve in managing people and myself. My hardest part is that when I didn't up my target and staff working under me didn't meet up the set goals.
Pros
Birth day celebration, free lunch
Cons
Vacations
Love my job
Guest Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 15, 2017
I love working here full time. I love my hours and I enjoy my staff. I love the expectations of me and I do my very best to fulfill them. I love the work experience and how everybody is eager to help.
Corporate Sales Manager
Corporate Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 9, 2017
This was an ideal job. I utilized all of my developed sales skills as well as completed a Corporate sales training course, to enhance existing skills. A great company to work for.
Pros
Corporate Sales
Nothing good to said.
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 28, 2016
Nothing good about it. They don't care about you.All they care about is the job getting done. I don't have anything good to said about this company. The pay is the only reason why as anyone would either try.But the best advice is you don't have patience.Dont waste your time applying.
under staffed
Guest Service Agent/Front Desk (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MADecember 9, 2016
Working as a front desk agent I enjoy meeting people from all around the world. But the hotel is under staffed and management do not know how to manage. Employers do not seem to be the priority to them.
Pros
free lunch
Not a bad place to work
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILSeptember 6, 2016
I enjoyed working here. I liked the people, both employees, and most guests.

It allowed me to help answer questions, and to solve problems, something I enjoy doing.

The hardest part is keeping your mind working during down times, it was an overnight job, so most nights there were plenty of downtime
Cons
Felt management was not behind the employees
Bad management; no job security; fired without cause at 90 days
Server/Waiter (Former Employee) –  FloridaJuly 28, 2016
Worked as ding room server. Some shifts not one guest came in ! Hotel on tight budget. Managers are over-worked and mad at the world. At-will employment. 90percent annual turnover. People get fired on the spot. Benefits are lousy. Look elsewhere for work !
Pros
Very good-looking classy hotel.
Cons
Pay, benefits and everything else