Le Pain Quotidien

Le Pain Quotidien Employee Reviews

Ups & Downs
Server (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 29, 2015
Being a server was the best part of working there. If you do decide to get a job here, do not let them convince you into becoming a service manager (which they will try to do). YOU WILL REGRET IT.
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Manhattan, NYJuly 15, 2015
Pros: Great place to learn, grow and gain more experience. An amazing place to gain experience and up lift oneself
Cons: Great place to learn, grow and gain more experience. An amazing place to gain experience and up lift oneself
An amazing place to learn, grow and gain more experience. An amazing place to gain experience and is a great place to work. There is great customer service and everything needed for a great customer attraction
Quality product, multicultural staff and amazing revenue.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 7, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short breaks and schedule.
I used to arrive very early to open the store. I learn so much about responsibility, due that I handle the store keys. When, I was schedule for closing I used to come in before noon. I report in the daily – more... basis to my General Manager and in a weekly basis to my District Manager. Due to the expansion of the chain my co-workers wasn't always the same, which require adapt to new co-workers fairly often. The hardest part of the job was to deal with multicultural conflicts in the staff. The most enjoyable part of the job was to get those conflicts fix. – less
Great Productive and Fun environment
Food Server, Barista, Ringer (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 3, 2015
Pros: great discounts on foods, great server tips, great flexibility
Cons: short breaks
I enjoyed working here! It was a fun busy environment!
Working here at Le Pain Ive attained great customer service in the fast paced food industry. The Coworkers were always friendly and helpful, the baristas and servers as well.
Hectic workplace with confusing management.
Server (Current Employee), New York, NYJune 15, 2015
Working here is stressful because roles are not clearly defined and management is never on the same page. Communication has been a big issue here and I don't see it changing because of the egos involved. Too many long term decisions are made on the fly.
Fun place with ping pong table and breakfast in the workplace.
Payroll Clerk (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 13, 2015
Pros: free breakfast, snacks and coffee
Cons: No sick paid, benefits for intern or temp employees.
Daily responsible the bi-weekly and weekly payroll. Have learned the Time Information Management System, and MICROS RES which are human resource software. The management is excellent. The co-workers are fun and hard working.
Fun fast paced work place
Barista (Former Employee), Washington, DCMay 13, 2015
Greet all customers
Answer phones and take specific breakfast and lunch orders.
Informed customers of daily specials
Collect payments from customers.
Prepared checks that itemized and totaled meal costs and sales taxes.
Restock all supplies behind counter.
good company
Server (Former Employee), downtownMay 12, 2015
Learned about food from different countries and how it's applied to the American Culture. Typical day required preparations before opening and making sure everything was in order to have a successful day. – more... The hardest part of the job were the days that customers were few. Being a server, you only earn money when there are customers. The most enjoyable part of the job was the management. They were very understanding and willing to help in many situations. – less
Good, Organic Place to Work
Manager (Former Employee), New York New YorkMay 10, 2015
Good concept, still in the beginning corporate stages. Food is good, customers are interesting, but they do have a lot of good concepts.
Good for young people...
Kitchen Porter/Stock (Former Employee), Newport Beach, CAMay 3, 2015
The Servers and Management prevail...all others barely make it.

Not sure about the inner-workings of the company, as the communication seemed to be lacking overall.

Fun job for young students!
What I learned at Le Pain Quotidien
Assistant General Manager (Current Employee), New York, NYApril 29, 2015
Pros: Generous management meal policy
Cons: Long hours, facilities issues.
I've acquired many skills at Le Pain qotidein including problem solving for utility purposes which has helped me identify ways to troubleshoot before putting in a service order which can cause a company alot of money to repair,it has help me to make better decisions that effect the stores daily operations.
Productive and fun establshment with great food and beverages
Barista (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 21, 2015
Pros: Family like establishment, excellent food.
Cons: Short breaks.
A typical day at Le Pain Quotidien, consisted of myself, another barista, and from time to time a manager would open up the store at 6:00am and wait for the delivery truck to deliver us our fresh baked – more... pastries and breads to serve to the customers throughout the day and night. Myself and my fellow barista would put the breads and pastries on different plates and platters and put the baked goods in display cases and the different breads in the bread holders. We both would double check to make sure the coffee and tea machines were cleaned and ready to go, and we both restock and refill the specialty drink batches in the pitchers to be used throughout the day. The store opens at 7:00am and myself and the other barista would sell different pastries and take the customers orders for their food and make their drinks (coffee, tea and cold beverages) according to their liking.
What I learned at Le Pain Quotidien is, how to multitask and perform several different tasks at one time but in a timely and orderly manner. I learned how to make different types of beverages that range from hot to cold drinks according to the customers needs, wants and likes and how to work in the kitchen and help prepare the different menu items that wwe serve on a daily basis.
As far as management, every manager has their own personal managing style which ranged from strict to not so strict, but collectively all of the managers were awesome and have taught me alot about myself and the ins and outs of the company.
My co-workers were great individuals and we became sort of like a family dynamic and we helped one another out tremendously when the store got too busy or when one of us needed our shift covered by one another. Every one of my co-workers was and still is very hardworking, reliable, dependable and a team player.
The hardest part of the job was, when myself and the other barista's, had to take anywhere from ten to twenty orders at a time, and trying to remember exactly what order belongs to who. Also, getting the orders out in a timely fashion, but the most enjoyable part of the job was, working with individuals who are just as hardworking as I am and the fact that we were all able to come together and get the job done effectively and properly. – less
loving the people you work with.
Barista (Former Employee), Phila, PAApril 18, 2015
I loved that coming to work wasn't draining the coworkers and I were so close that it seem like a closed knit family environment
People oriented
General Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 17, 2015
Pros: Great vacation plan.
Cons: Not enough support from Corporate.
Developed 5 hourly employees into management positions.
Guest satisfaction number one goal. Profit before rent 43.5%
Labor 12.3% Lowest FOH turnover in the company.
Fun experience and love from employees and customers
Barista/ Retailer (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAMarch 20, 2015
Greet all customers
Answer phones and take specific breakfast and lunch orders.
Informed customers of daily specials
Collect payments from customers.
Prepared checks that itemized and totaled meal costs and sales taxes.
Restock all supplies behind counter.
Productive and fun place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 19, 2015
Le Pain Quotidien provided me the steps to grown in the hospitality management career, they were like family to me with their simplicity.
Great product, bad company policies and view of work
Manager (Former Employee), New YorkMarch 11, 2015
Pros: free food, two weeks vacation
Cons: hours, benefits
On a typical day you work 10 hours shifts to usually turn into 14 hours shifts. You will serve a product you love and actually care about, but how the operations side works is very disorganized and takes – more... days to get anything done. If someone above you has a higher title then you and they don't like you, you might as well start looking for a new job. Over the past few moths people have been given "Assistant Director" title, then within two months the Directors where fired and replaced by people making much less, but who also don't understand who the company is. – less
Awful place to work. Manager played favorites
Barista (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 25, 2015
Cons: unfair management
The only thing I learned from this job was how to make a latte/cappuccino.

Other than that, the management was horrible. They would pick favorites and constantly write you up for things you didnt do, – more... or they had no proof of, just so they could have something in the discipline book. This happened to many employees. Things would be "mysteriously lost" and when you come back for them 5 minutes later, it wouldn't be there, because they'd throw it away. Why? They didn't care about their employees.

One of the service managers talked badly behind my back to my coworkers, who turned around and told me exactly what she said. "Don't talk to her because we're going to fire her soon." Which was completely false. She claimed I never did my job right, but the servers that worked with me thought I was a good barista and knew what I was doing.

Maybe its just the Flatiron location, because I also guest worked at the union square location and it was lovely. – less
Room for growth
Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: a'lot of room for growth
Cons: standing on your feet for 12/14 hour a day. wear comfy shoes.
I started out as a cashier/barista, in six months i made it to Manager. The pay was really well, and I learned a'lot of my management skills here.
very productive to work for this company
Manager of the kitchen (Current Employee), washington, DCJanuary 28, 2015
there is no typical day as a manager in this company because everyday brings it lots of surprise and fun
Headquarters