LeClairRyan, an organization committed to excellence in client service, is looking for enthusiastic, committed professionals to join our Firm. Presently, we are recruiting a Legal Assistant "Legal Secretary" to provide support in our Richmond, Virginia – Riverfront Plaza office location.
- Primary duties include heavy document preparation/revision, scheduling, time entry, dictation, file maintenance and preparation for trial.
- Performs secretarial duties utilizing legal terminology, procedures, and documents.
- Prepares legal papers and correspondence, such as summonses, complaints, motions, and subpoenas.
- May also assist with legal research.
- Provides support to multiple attorneys depending on coverage on an as needed basis.
- Must be willing to travel within the Richmond metro area as needed and the ability to work effectively in a fast-paced and high pressured environment.
- Successful candidate will have strong work ethic and flexibility to meet the demands of the position.
High school graduate; college degree preferred
3+ years of experience required.
Successful candidates will demonstrate initiative and follow-through while managing multiple, competing deadlines, excellent communication skills.
Must have a team player attitude all times with a flexible “can do” attitude and positive approach to work.
Must have strong Microsoft Office skills.
To be considered for this position, you must apply directly to our careers page at (copy and paste this link into your web browser):
- The position will be listed as “Legal Assistant (Richmond, VA).”
- Check the box in the top right corner – “click here to apply for this position.”
- Click the “Apply Now” button at the bottom to start the application.
LeClairRyan is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace.