Lea Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

Worked there for 15 years. Corp is all about hte money.
US/ANESTHESIA TECH//OR SCHEDULER (Former Employee) –  Hobbs, NMJuly 6, 2017
Company does not really care about their employees. All about the money. The money fall about the patient needs. Alot of good employees do work there. Your realyy not recongnized for your dedication or service, very stressful place to work.
Pros
Paid the bills/had fair benefits
Cons
Don't feel that they really care fot heir employees.
Not an ideal place to work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Hobbs, NMMay 30, 2017
Constantly short staffed, pulling people from one floor to another leaving others short staffed. The pay was ok, but the way they treat their CNA's is not fair. If the census is low you will not get your hours!
Pros
cafeteria
Cons
pt to nurse ratio
Somewhat ok
Risk Management Analyst (Former Employee) –  Hobbs, NMMay 12, 2017
At times It was great. I loved my boss and my other partners. we worked very well together. Had alot of fun but worked very hard.
At times the atmosphere was very strressful but then it would be ok to be there.
Facility does not run efficiently to ensure patient or employee safety.
ER Registrar Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Hobbs, NMApril 5, 2017
The ER Department did not have a security glass at one time which made it very difficult to feel safe at work especially when you were scheduled alone on overnight shift.
benefits
Cons
poor management
Management lacked knowledge
Insurance Verifier/Admitting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Hobbs, NMMarch 18, 2017
This place was great to work with until the business office was forced to close and we were left with an inexperienced "manager" who thought "tough" was the best way to teach.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Lacking experience from manager, not a leader at all
Good Job
Cashier, cook (Former Employee) –  Hobbs, NMOctober 2, 2016
Good Job, Fun workplace, Easy to get Along with the Co-Workers. Stable work environment. It Was a Great Job to Have. I enjoyed cooking for this Job, Fun To Learn the Different Serving Types and Diets.
Lea regional
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Hobbs, NMSeptember 16, 2015
Not a place you can go to retire. They lay people off all the time. Sketchy managment. They don't seem to care a whole lot about thier emloyees.
Poor leadership, poor employee relations, benefits don't meet the needs
Lead Registrar (Former Employee) –  Hobbs, NMSeptember 15, 2015
most of the people in leadership postilions are not good leaders. The Human resources department is a bad joke with no punchline, Upper management maintains a level of ignorance towards the needs of the employees that is both profound and scary .
Good compensation.
Floor Tech (Former Employee) –  Hobbs, NMSeptember 7, 2015
I am very thankful to this company. Good benefits. Really friendly and nice people to work with. Will recommend for people looking for work.
Fast paced with good staff.
Assistant Director of Food And Nutrition (Former Employee) –  Hobbs, NMJuly 31, 2015
Fast paced kitchen, serving 3 tasty, diet-appropriate meals per day to patients in hospital. Breakfast and lunch available to staff and visitors in cafeteria. My responsibilities were to oversee staff, assuring kitchen was clean and safe and that the food was safe and tasty. I ordered food and supplies, prepared invoices for payment, prepared daily statistical reports. We prepared catered meals for both on site and off site meetings for physician and staff meetings, as well as parties.
Pros
Dietary staff was provided 1 free meal per day.
Cons
Sometimes, many extra hours were required with no compensation.
work
Human Resources Admin. Asst (Former Employee) –  Hobbs, NMJuly 27, 2015
worked with the HR administrator, did general paperwork for all new hire employees, doctors, and nurses. did new hire orientation. I did enjoy this job
good team work and fun to work in OR
OR-RN (Current Employee) –  Hobbs, NMJune 5, 2015
circulate in specialty areas of General, Orthopedics,Ophthalmology, Urologic,Plastic and Reconstructive, Oncology, Podiatry, Pediatric, Laser, Gynecologic and Obstetric surgery. Additional medical specialties include Endoscopy, Bronchoscopy and pain management.
A very good place to work and gain experience.
Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Hobbs, NMMay 29, 2015
Busy OR where co workers are very helpful and the management very supportive.
A very involving job, high levels of attention to detail and resourcefulness required.
Behind the scenes involvement in management of patients well being.
productive work place
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Hobbs, NMFebruary 8, 2015
I really enjoyed working for Lea Regional Medical Center, because the pay was good and the hours were great. My co-workers were very helpful.
great mental health team.
rn (Current Employee) –  Hobbs, NMJanuary 6, 2015
awesome staff and psychiatrist. cohesive team. psychiatrist whom values team input with a wealth of experience and knowledge. core values are excellent. patient treatment was superior. excellent success rate of patient discharge. enjoyed working with a caring team. good support from peers and feed back.
This job pays the bills.
Cook (Current Employee) –  Hobbs nmAugust 25, 2014
I have learned extensive people skills while at lea regional.
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Hobbs, NMJune 11, 2014
Most of my accounting and management skills were learned at this job. We worked as a team. Had monthly deadlines that we always were able to meet.
Friendly Environment
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hobbs, NMApril 7, 2014
Wish I can go back to Hobbs, NM to work for this hospital its a good company .
Certified Nurse Aid (Former Employee) –  Hobbs, NMDecember 28, 2013
It was 12 hour shifts. It was definitely a learning experience since it exposed me to the nursing field while I was a Nursing student. Coworkers were very supportive and helped me learn multiple skills and understand concepts and knowledge I was learning in school. The hardest part was when I first started working I had to assist the nursing with wound care it was hard to withstand the site. It got easier the more I was exposed to it.
Pros
Supportive staff
Cons
Short lunch break
Productive and enjoyable place to work
Cook, Food and Nutrition Services (Current Employee) –  Hobbs, NMAugust 4, 2013
My work days were at most times very enjoyable. I am that type of employee that always smiles and loves to make people laugh. When it came down to working, I always gave 100%. When I clock in , I would look at the menu to see what I am going to be cooking today. I get the vegetable out and pan them out for tray line. Then I would start with the soup and get all my ingredients on a cart and start the cooking process. If I ever needed any help some of my co-workers would ask if I need anything. I return the favor when they are in need of help. The hardest part I would have to say is making sure I make a little extra food for tray line just for new patients that might come in. Also the count always changes so I have to make sure I have enough food for tray line. I really enjoy cooking and putting all my knowledge and skills to the test. I always have a positive attitude when it comes to working. I do my best and if I need to improve in areas. I enjoying going to work everyday. I always try to turn a negative into a positive. I never say no to coming in and working for someone who called off.
Pros
Free Lunches, great Benefits, enjoyable play to work
Cons
Short breaks, coworkers calling off

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lea Regional Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Lea Regional Medical Center Reviews by Location