Lea Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews in United States

Poor leadership, poor employee relations, benefits don't meet the needs
Lead Registrar (Former Employee) –  Hobbs, NMSeptember 15, 2015
most of the people in leadership postilions are not good leaders. The Human resources department is a bad joke with no punchline, Upper management maintains a level of ignorance towards the needs of the employees that is both profound and scary .
Fast paced with good staff.
Assistant Director of Food And Nutrition (Former Employee) –  Hobbs, NMJuly 31, 2015
Fast paced kitchen, serving 3 tasty, diet-appropriate meals per day to patients in hospital. Breakfast and lunch available to staff and visitors in cafeteria. My responsibilities were to oversee staff, assuring kitchen was clean and safe and that the food was safe and tasty. I ordered food and supplies, prepared invoices for payment, prepared daily statistical reports. We prepared catered meals for both on site and off site meetings for physician and staff meetings, as well as parties.
Pros
Dietary staff was provided 1 free meal per day.
Cons
Sometimes, many extra hours were required with no compensation.
good team work and fun to work in OR
OR-RN (Current Employee) –  Hobbs, NMJune 5, 2015
circulate in specialty areas of General, Orthopedics,Ophthalmology, Urologic,Plastic and Reconstructive, Oncology, Podiatry, Pediatric, Laser, Gynecologic and Obstetric surgery. Additional medical specialties include Endoscopy, Bronchoscopy and pain management.
A very good place to work and gain experience.
Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Hobbs, NMMay 29, 2015
Busy OR where co workers are very helpful and the management very supportive.
A very involving job, high levels of attention to detail and resourcefulness required.
Behind the scenes involvement in management of patients well being.
Good compensation.
Floor Tech (Former Employee) –  Hobbs, NMSeptember 7, 2015
I am very thankful to this company. Good benefits. Really friendly and nice people to work with. Will recommend for people looking for work.
work
Human Resources Admin. Asst (Former Employee) –  Hobbs, NMJuly 27, 2015
worked with the HR administrator, did general paperwork for all new hire employees, doctors, and nurses. did new hire orientation. I did enjoy this job
great mental health team.
rn (Current Employee) –  Hobbs, NMJanuary 6, 2015
awesome staff and psychiatrist. cohesive team. psychiatrist whom values team input with a wealth of experience and knowledge. core values are excellent. patient treatment was superior. excellent success rate of patient discharge. enjoyed working with a caring team. good support from peers and feed back.
Certified Nurse Aid (Former Employee) –  Hobbs, NMDecember 28, 2013
It was 12 hour shifts. It was definitely a learning experience since it exposed me to the nursing field while I was a Nursing student. Coworkers were very supportive and helped me learn multiple skills and understand concepts and knowledge I was learning in school. The hardest part was when I first started working I had to assist the nursing with wound care it was hard to withstand the site. It got easier the more I was exposed to it.
Pros
supportive staff
Cons
short lunch break
Very caring Staff and Administration
Admitting Clerk- Outpatient Services (Current Employee) –  Hobbs, NMAugust 1, 2013
I opened and closed the Outpatient services dept at the hospital/admit all in coming patient for surgery/insurance verification/data entry/patient charts/copays.
Report on spreadsheet all discounts offered and deductibles, along with reporting all incoming patients
Pros
discount on cafiteria/bonus based on imcoming payments
Cons
doctors leaving/losing hours/and mininal pay
productive work place
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Hobbs, NMFebruary 8, 2015
I really enjoyed working for Lea Regional Medical Center, because the pay was good and the hours were great. My co-workers were very helpful.
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Hobbs, NMJune 11, 2014
Most of my accounting and management skills were learned at this job. We worked as a team. Had monthly deadlines that we always were able to meet.
Friendly WorkPlace
Cashier/Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hobbs NMMarch 12, 2012
Fun, Good Place for Benifits, Easy to work with.Always someone there to Help you. Great Work place
Pros
heathcare
Helping provide the the disabled and handicap.
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Hobbs, NMJuly 31, 2013
I am pleased with helping the disabled and handicap with everyday needs.
Productive and enjoyable place to work
Cook, Food and Nutrition Services (Current Employee) –  Hobbs, NMAugust 4, 2013
My work days were at most times very enjoyable. I am that type of employee that always smiles and loves to make people laugh. When it came down to working, I always gave 100%. When I clock in , I would look at the menu to see what I am going to be cooking today. I get the vegetable out and pan them out for tray line. Then I would start with the soup and get all my ingredients on a cart and start the cooking process. If I ever needed any help some of my co-workers would ask if I need anything. I return the favor when they are in need of help. The hardest part I would have to say is making sure I make a little extra food for tray line just for new patients that might come in. Also the count always changes so I have to make sure I have enough food for tray line. I really enjoy cooking and putting all my knowledge and skills to the test. I always have a positive attitude when it comes to working. I do my best and if I need to improve in areas. I enjoying going to work everyday. I always try to turn a negative into a positive. I never say no to coming in and working for someone who called off.
Pros
free lunches, great benefits, enjoyable play to work
Cons
short breaks, coworkers calling off
Friendly Environment
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hobbs, NMApril 7, 2014
Wish I can go back to Hobbs, NM to work for this hospital its a good company .
I loved this company.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hobbs, NMApril 26, 2013
very fast pace and friendly environment, loved with the doctors and patients
This job pays the bills.
Cook (Current Employee) –  Hobbs nmAugust 25, 2014
I have learned extensive people skills while at lea regional.

4.2