LeafFilter North, Inc. Employee Reviews

Only good thing here were the friends I made
Outbound Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Hudson, OHJuly 28, 2017
The manager is a real jerk. He didn't care about his employees. He picks favorites and isn't afraid to say so. The only thing good about this company honestly were the people I sat around. We had fun as a team and I do miss that. Then the company started moving seats trust me it sucked. The bonus they offer are junk. The manager wrongfully terminated me and wasn't really afraid to admit it. Not only do I not recommend working for their company I don't recommend their products either. If that's how they treat their employees imagine how they treat their customers. Half the inbound calls were complaints anyways. The worst part was how you had to call the same place over and over instead of switching everyone up on calling.
Pros
Friends
Cons
Pretty much everything
The best sales job out there
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJune 13, 2017
First of all this is a 1099 sales position so they do not offer benefits but what they do offer is the opportunity to make a lot of money. Going in, I was a little skeptical about the amount of money they said I could make but after being there a couple of weeks I saw first-hand that it was not only possible but it was happening weekly. My largest paycheck was $3800. I had to leave the position for medical reasons but I do plan to rejoin them as soon as I am cleared to return.

In my experience, the "sales people" of the world would not do well here. This company lives and dies by closing. If you are a closer, you will absolutely love this job and you will be compensated more than fairly.
Pros
work mostly from home, great commission structure, training
Cons
learning curve, driving
Worst Company I've ever worked for.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMay 3, 2017
Total pyramid scheme. They lure you in with high dollar checks, but neglect to tell you how one-sided the pay plan is. The absolute worst company I've worked for from top to bottom. They have no HR or insurance even available.They give no gas allowance. They give no training or training pay. They employ shady sales managers who steal from own employees every chance they can. Stay away from this company at all cost
Pros
Cons
No gas allowance. No insurance. No Management.
Fun and fast growing company - Best place I've ever worked
Current Employee (Current Employee) –  Hudson, OHFebruary 16, 2017
I have worked at LeafFilter for six years now and I still get excited to come to work every day.

The growth rate of this company is incredible, we are constantly opening new locations and with that comes creating new roles, and new opportunities for advancement!

Everyone here is super upbeat and friendly. It's such a positive work environment, everyone is eager to help. Not to mention the facility is BEAUTIFUL. It was newly renovated this year, very modern.
Pros
upbeat culture, wear jeans every day, beautiful building, room for advancement
Cons
I really can't think of any at this time!
Honestly, Leaf Filter is a pretty great place to work!
Manager (Current Employee) –  Hudson, OHFebruary 13, 2017
I'm somewhat new to the company, but so far everyone seems great!

The company is located is a beautiful small town (Hudson Ohio) about half way between Cleveland and Akron Ohio. The commute is perfect for me since I live one town over.

The actual buildings are fantastic! The offices, cubicles, restrooms and kitchen areas are all VERY nice and must have been recently renovated.

The senior leadership team has grown the company at an amazing rate and they are constantly winning awards for the products and the way they treat their employees.

Now, my favorite part of Leaf Filter...The Culture! Everyone wears jeans daily, but they really have a work hard/play hard mentality. If you aren't up for the "work hard" part, then this may not be the place for you!
Pros
Great benefits, growing company, good pay, FUN culture and much ..
Cons
High expectations for performance. Daily rankings of the sales, marketing offices, (if your aren't good at your job, it's probably hard to see the rankings every day)
Terrible Company to work For
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Long Island, NYJanuary 31, 2017
Don't ever apply to this company there are terrible and have no concept of much things cost. Terrible management. If you want to make money in your life this is defiantly NOT the company to work for. All they are interested in is lining their pockets with the profits and give none to the guys actually doing the work. Run away from this company while you can!!!
Pros
Cons
Terrible company to work for
Great stepping stone
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  OhioJanuary 17, 2017
Great way to get your feet wet in the world of call centers. No cold calling all leads are either generated at home shows or online. If you stay busy and do your best management will leave you alone. Just don't dilly dally or be rude then no one will like you ANYWHERE you work.
Pros
Free lunches a lot, cash bonus, cheap insurance
Cons
Not enough breaks
Great Company with Growth Opportunity!
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Ohio & IndianaOctober 28, 2016
LeafFilter is a great company that truly values its employees! They offer great pay, flexible schedules and a great work environment. I have seen many people start off as part time marketers and get promoted to management rapidly. If you are looking for a fun work environment that pays well you have found the place!
Do not get lured into this company
Digital Marketing (Former Employee) –  Hudson, OHSeptember 12, 2016
This company will try to lure you into a position with an above-average salary. My advice is to keep looking elsewhere.

The company does not operate with normal business standards. Decisions are made on the fly and on impulse, leaving there zero room for job security. I have seen the company employ seasoned professionals that had the best interest of LeafFilter in mind and be let go in a matter of less than one month. The culture is also infested with racism and trash talking. It's truly an unprofessional work environment.

Management is very oblivious to industry standards when it comes to most aspects of marketing. That being said, they do not know how to hire or employ talent, so there is no room for career growth. The majority of the marketing team are not qualified for their positions. They also practice black-hat marketing techniques.

They're also very opposed to change. This plays into the fact that there is no job security. If you're hired into the company and you try something new or make suggestions, there will surely be conflict.
Pros
Casual dress, above-average salaries
Cons
Unprofessional work environment, no career growth, no job security, unqualified employees, no 401K matching, close-minded and argumentative coworkers, dishonest marketing practices
hmmmmm
appt setter (Former Employee) –  Hudson, OHApril 3, 2016
good job great benefits weekly pay was probably the best part about it all. only problem is that their racist and actually isn't afraid to admit it. im sure it will get them in a lot of trouble in the near future. no blacks or foreigns were in sight in this facility. that's what made the situation so horrible. you've been warned
Pros
weekly pay
Cons
racism
Excellent, Growing Company!
Digital Associate (Current Employee) –  Hudson, OHJanuary 14, 2016
LeafFilter is always expanding and dominating the gutter guard industry. The headquarters in Hudson, OH are beautiful and the culture is very casual and laid back. There is a lot of opportunity for professional growth and advancement and I am so thankful to work with such an energetic, hardworking group of individuals on a daily basis.
Pros
opportunity for growth, good pay and 100% medical, dental and vision insurance paid by the company
Cons
set hours, no flex time
great experience
Regional Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIOctober 17, 2015
Opened up alot of doors for me. The corporate staff was always helpful. I worked as a regional marketing manager. This company has it figured out when it comes to the elimination of animosity between sales and marketing, hands down the best! I left because I started a similar business. Always great training meetings and always positive!
Pros
freedom
Cons
not alot of advancement from event manager