LeagueApps is seeking a talented and experienced Software Engineer to join our team.
"Let's Change the Way We Play Sports"
LeagueApps is a digital sports media and technology company that powers local recreational sports. LeagueApps's mission is to make sports easier and more enjoyable to play. Our league management software platform powers local sports organizations.
We're a small, fun team. You'll have a blast working alongside some incredibly talented and passionate people. The right candidate will receive a very competitive salary, full benefits, and equity.
Here is the scouting report. Tell us if you’re the right person for the postion.
The LeagueApps Senior Software Engineer will play an integral role on the development team in building, deploying and operating new products and services. This position will work closely with the Director of Engineering on critical projects in LeagueApps Mobile, Social Integration and Core Platform.
We're looking for highly skilled full-stack developer, who is also a disciplined self-starter capable of working in a fast paced, agile team environment. You must be exceedingly confident in your work and have a passion for designing and building quality software.
- Work with Product Managers to understand and reach clarity on product requirements.
- Create technical designs and architectures for major product features.
- Define test cases for automated testing system, and assist in testing process.
- Provide troubleshooting and operational support to production features.
- Be a self-started, results-driven team player and thrive in a small fast-paced environment.
- Likes, Needs, to Win.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent in work experience.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills, good team player & motivator.
- 2+ years of professional software engineering experience.
- Expertise with Java development, preferably using Hibernate, Spring, Struts 2 and JSP.
- Proficient in relational database modeling & SQL.
- Familiarity with design and implementation of REST APIs.
- Familiarity with Sencha Touch mobile development (strongly preferred).
- Familiarity with PhoneGap development (preferred).
- Thorough understanding of current web and mobile technologies and current trends.
- Solid understanding of mobile web development, frameworks and best practices.
- Adequately versed in best practices of UI / UX design, and can work with UI/UX lead.
- Experienced with agile software development methodologies, such as SCRUM.
- Technology enthusiast – What blogs do you read? What gadgets do you have?
- Sports enthusiast, preferred – What sports are you playing now?
- Clear Eyes, Full Heart.
Analytical, organized, quantitative, detail-oriented, strong written skills, strong oral communication skills, creativity, entrepreneurial minded, innovative thinker, creative problem solver, self-starter
- Online Social Networking Profiles
- Work Sample (e.g., sample code, example web app) (Strongly Preferred)
- Salary Expectations (Base + Bonus + Equity)
- LeagueApps: http://leagueapps.com
- Sportsvite: http://sportsvite.com
- Twitter: @leagueapps
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/LeagueApps / http://www.facebook.com/PlaySportsvite