LEAKE & WATTS Employee Reviews in United States

Interesting unique experience
Child Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Yonkers, NYJune 7, 2016
To get your feet wet great start. If you looking to better yourself good start as well the agency can teach you about being on time. It's sad how gossip carries but the great work you do or etc don't go but so far. Do your work and go home is the kind of attitude you need to have. Trust no one as you will be the only one to have your best interest regardless of how much great work you do!
Pros
Not supportive depending on job location
Cons
Diverse racism
great place to work
Rehabilitation Assistant (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYApril 4, 2016
A typical day at work was helping the consumers with their everyday lifestyle. Helping reach daily goals gave out medication took to Medical Appoinments.
Dont waste your time!
Youth Counselor (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYFebruary 28, 2016
This company makes their own rules. They can terminate you without any right up and HR does not ask directors or supervisors there reason. When you try to complain they dont do anything to support you. Medical sucks 2,000 dollar deductible
Pros
Coworkers help you make it each day
Cons
This company makes its own rules. no union no support
Community Direct Support Professional
Direct Support Professional (DSP) (Current Employee) –  Yonkers, NYJanuary 31, 2016
This job have been quite an experience for me. Its rewarding to help and support individuals with developmental disabilities.
Pros
Compensation, ability to make own schedule co-workers, tons of down time so it is not fast paced and epic holiday party
Cons
They let go of the best and keep the worst
youth worker (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYJanuary 4, 2016
In my years of working social service I have never seen an agency that because of their miguided paranoia lets go of their best employees who really connect with the youth, and holds onto the staff that have absolutely no idea how to relate to the youth that this agency serves.Also, if you go above and beyond for a resident, it is never recognized.
Pros
Lovely campus
Cons
Agency not in tune with the realities of what the residents experience
Save yourself now and just run
youth counselor (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYDecember 26, 2015
This agency has absolutely no idea how to treat their workers. You're overworked and underappreciated. You're expected to go above and beyond your call of duty, put your entire life on the back burner, but you're treated like dirt by both the residents and administration. The money.... I mean the residents are most important to the administration than the workers and their well being and safety. You're often understaffed, overworked, exhausted, and burnt out. The overall morale is low and its a dreary place to work...
Pros
Somewhat decent coworkers
Cons
Low morale, no room for advancement, poor management, no support for staff, obvious staff favoritism...
Fun and active
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYOctober 27, 2015
Working for Leake and Watts was a pretty interesting. The children are amazing and fun. I learned that working with these students you have to have patience and understanding for what they go through on a daily basis.
Direct Care Professional
Dsp (Former Employee) –  YonkersOctober 16, 2015
Very useless company...have no compassionate or respect the time you invest into the company. They treat staff like you worthless . They don't care about the impact you made on an individual life or u always go above and beyond for the company....the company had a lot of fixing up 2 do.....I regret wasting my time and energy n this company
Pros
Cons
Poor management skills some managers r very unprofessional and liars
Productive, Educational, Amazing place to work.
Para Proffessional (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYSeptember 17, 2015
Very productive company, helps expand education studies, people are great, supervisors are amazing great place to work.
Family and Foster care
Intern (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYSeptember 9, 2015
A typical day at this job requires me to monitor family visits between children and their birth parents. I also conduct home visit with the children and their foster parents.
Pretty Good Work environment
Case Planner (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJuly 23, 2014
I have worked in here for the past year and i have learned a lot about myself personally and professionally.
wok
Medical Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 7, 2014
A workday was considered helping individual prepare for everyday life
Pros
skills
benefits
Administrative
Human Resource Specialist (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYJuly 6, 2014
I enjoyed learning from this point of view. I learned a great deal of information regarding Human Resources and found it very valuable.
A nice place to begin career as Teachers aid
Teachers Assistant (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYMay 15, 2014
Well kept environment. Friendly staff. Good health benefits, a joy working the kids.
I dont understand
Direct Care (Former Employee) –  YonkersMarch 19, 2014
If you want to feel like a nobody. Be treated like a slave.
No room for growth
Horrible benefits
They put you and the consumer in danger. Staff training needs to be handled better
no diversity among staff its either White or Jamaican
Payroll always messed up the checks
Pros
nothing
Cons
nothing
Rewarding to help other
Residence Manager (Current Employee) –  Yonkers, NYNovember 15, 2013
Overall a typical day at Leake & Watts could be unpredictable based on the needs of the individual served. I have learned to be patient and quick with problem resolution to serve the individuals. Leake & Watts has offered me many opportunties for advancement upon me finishing my degree. the hardest part of this job is balancing life and work due to being on call 24 hours or having to perform other duties unexpectantly. The most enjoyable part of this line of work is seeing your contributions and growth within the people you serve.
Pros
working with people and making a difference in their lives
Cons
benefits are not great
Dealing with Mental Retardation and Developemental Disabilities was very touching and nurturing.
Residential Habilitation Counselor (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYOctober 8, 2013
Working with this population you have to have lots of patience and get to no the consumers needs and wants.
Moral is low and feel a divison is in the air
Cafeteria Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYOctober 9, 2012
Being productive.
Work hard and adhere to angency policy.
Displayed more interested in generating revenue from the in-take of students than staff moral and well being.
Worked hard and exhibited genuine concern for the children we serviced while maintaining professionlism.
Not being recongized for your hard work or supported by administration when you need them to be there surounding crisis situations.
Giving back to the students we service and knowing your appreciated by them.
Pros
being off with paid holidays.
Cons
no incentives for advancement and limited pay increses.