Leanin'Tree Employee Reviews

Sometimes free food on the last day of the month. Health, dental, vision, 401K and PTO
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COOctober 6, 2017
Loved my customers and the sales team as well as the product. The balance between family life and work is not good. It is a typical sales job, and stressful when you don't make goal as base pay doesn't pay the bills. I know management thinks they are helping with mandatory "brown bag" training sessions during lunch, but for the most part, it is the same thing you hear over and over and doesn't help or motivate. The people who make goal are the handful of reps who have been there for years and are set up to where they are given sale dollars based on their average when they use their PTO days. So, it benefits them to take PTO when they are not on target to make goal for that particular month, and then they make goal and get paid out. This is basically the only way one can make goal 10 months out of the year. The other reps don't have that opportunity. Therefore, it doesn't matter how much PTO one has because it can't be used. If not working, not making sales and personal and/or team goal won't be met. What is the point of having PTO, if you can't use it?
Pros
Sales Team. All work together and encourage one another. Benefits
Cons
Long hours and poor training, low base pay, family/work balance poor. You work VERY hard for little compensation.
Best job ever
PRODUCTION TOUR DIRECTOR/GUIDE (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COAugust 21, 2017
I absolutely loved working at Leanin' Tree. I relocated out of State which is the only reason I left. It is an interesting place to work and the environment is fun. The owners are great people and I really enjoyed my time there.
Pros
Great values
Do not recommend.
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COMarch 12, 2017
Greeting cards are having a difficult time competing with new technology and Leanin Tree has a tendency to hire more temps then full time permanent employees. Depending on what department you work in it feels like slave labor to meet their goals. The temp employees are treated quite poorly but what full time permanent employees they have get decent benefits but no pay raises.
August 15, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to work at Leanin'Tree to help with our seasonal needs.

To clarify, we do have more regular full-time employees than temporary associates. During our Christmas season, we are in need of some additional assistance, whereby temporary associates do help us out.

To correct the unfounded perceptions: our employees do receive an annual merit review, we do have an excellent benefit package, and our sales continue to be strong.

We wish you the best!

Just plain super people; a delight to go into work
Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COMay 23, 2016
Wonderful people, period. A company with works with professionalism and a moral compass.
My supervisor was attentive and focused and a help, not a hindrance.
The atmosphere was pleasant, not toxic.
August 15, 2017

We are so happy to hear you had a wonderful experience at Leanin'Tree. Thank you for sharing!

We work hard to maintain a professional environment. We wish you the best!

Fun paced selling environment
ACCOUNT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COMay 18, 2016
Faced paced call center selling greeting cards. Team selling environment was fun and causal. Hardest part of this position was so many phone calls. Most enjoyable part was the team environment.
August 15, 2017

Thank you for seeing and experiencing all the hard work that goes into maintaining a fun and productive sales environment. We wish you the best!

Very slow, relaxed environment with tours.
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COFebruary 29, 2016
Twice daily tours ran through the place before and after lunch breaks. So you can constantly be looked at while you're trying to do your job. Talking is very much discouraged, and you would get in trouble easily. I worked as a temp there two different terms and the turnover rate was almost nonexistent. About 1 in every 30 temps gets a permanent position. The employees seemed abrasive to the temps which causes a large rotation of the temp force. The work gets really slow. Most times I've ever been sent home because they just didn't have enough work, and this was the "busiest" season of the year.
Pros
Relaxed environment
Cons
Talking is VERY discouraged, and the location is pretty remote, the work was super slow
August 15, 2017

Thank you for taking time to share your thoughts about your experience during your temporary assignments and we are sorry to hear that your entire experience wasn't positive. We are glad that you enjoyed the relaxed environment. We wish you the best!

A wonderful company with a rich history involved in making people smile
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Boulder, COJune 14, 2014
A typical day involves contacting existing customers to obtain orders of greeting cards and small gifts. It is a company with a rich history and tradition with an extensive museum of Western Art. The hardest part of the job is motivating customers to take the time for a part of their business that is not a priority. The enjoyable part is building and maintaining relationships that become virtual friends.

The drawback is that upper management does not accept the fact that greeting cards are no longer a growth industryu
Pros
Working with good people.
Cons
Working 9+ hours a day and some Saturdays
Typical day job
Order Processor (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COApril 15, 2014
Nothing to special, temp hire agencies dangle permanent hires in front of temps consistently. Hire agency itself had terrible on site supervisor, rarely was even on-site!
Pros
I got hired on with a friend of mine
Cons
definately
Great atmosphere
Returns (Current Employee) –  Boulder, COMarch 19, 2014
The idea of the Returns Department is to receive returned product back (from the post office, UPS, and FedEx), double check the customers work, give credit when applicable, then place items back into inventory (if applicable). Upon coming in and getting things sorted and ready, I review what I have in front of me and prioritize what needs to be done first before moving on to the other orders. Once everything is done for the day I am able to place things back into inventory so the items can be sold and no money is lost to the company.
I am always learning something new everyday, whether it be a better way of double checking a customers work, or better ways to drive the fork lift through the warehouse.
My co-workers and I got along well, and shared a few good laughs, while being able to work together as a team, to ensure that the job was done right the first time. Management worked side by side with us, helping things run smoothly and breaks were being taken.
The hardest part of the job is avoiding getting the glitter that is on the product not in your eyes, seeing as it sometimes poofs into a small cloud.
I enjoy the people the most that I work with on a daily basis. They are bright people with great personality's!
Pros
product is funny, co-workers are great people, management is great support, great hours
Cons
doesn't pay well
Incredible Turnover, Oblivious Management
National Account Manager (Former Employee) –  boulder, coJanuary 28, 2014
The greeting card industry as a whole is trending downward. This particular company produces designs that are very hokey and old fashioned. Their customer base is 'mom and pop' stores, which are going out of business at a rapid pace. Management seems incapable or unwilling to face the reality that their business model is failing.
Was a fun place people were great to work with
Assembly line worker (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COMarch 23, 2013
I learned alot i liked the cross training i receiced. Made my time enjoyable and time flew by.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Leanin'Tree. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7