LEAP Employee Reviews

Overall, i would say it was an experience worth count
headquartered in New Delhi as a trainer (Current Employee) –  Yamuna Nagar, HaryanaJune 19, 2016
It's really fun to be a part of LEAP.I started my journey with Leap in 2014 and never expected it would benefit me so well.I have learnt and experienced a lot which is quite difficult to express through words.The management belongs to diverse group with global exposure too.Continuous motivation, recognition and collaboration help us perform better everyday.
Pros
Flat organization, flexible, facility of work at home, free lunches and dinners
Cons
Start up
Leadership Education and Athletic Program
Senior Counselor (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTSeptember 22, 2016
LEAP being a non-profit organization time spend working here is rewarding. Working among co-counselors to empower and inspired youth daily. This can become stressful especially if the well being or safety of anyone is at risk , how ever we were train on how to make the best desion in time of distress. Among this i enjoying giving back to the community the most
Independent learning
Senior Counselor (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTAugust 4, 2016
A typical work day depends on time of the year it is, where its during the summer or academic year . The management is maintain by the counselors and the site coordinator. The hardest part of the job is working with stubborn kids. But the most enjoyable part is watching the kids learn and grow.
Pros
Working with kids and people my age
Cons
Events unorganized
Rewarding career working with students, good benefits
Summer School Teacher (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAJuly 26, 2016
A typical day at work would include arriving at work in timely manner.
Being prepared to teach the lessons on lesson plan.
Performing additional duties, as required.
Collaborating with colleagues, parents, students, supervisors continuously.
The hardest part of the job on some days was discipline.
The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing deep down inside I had reached most students to help them become responsible, productive adults.
Pros
Good working hours.
Cons
Few breaks.
Leap
Supervisor-Hasan Monereau (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 5, 2017
put together and organizing professional events with atlanta falcons dealing with the fans and interacting with falcons players
Pros
being at the game
Cons
no cons
productive and lively school setting.
Boys Varsity Baasketball Coach (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYSeptember 6, 2016
Great team dynamic
Proper Communication
great co wokers

Job is not difficult it is a pretty calm setting, friendly environment to be in although the school setting is small and space is limited it is a very good environment to be in.
Pros
Great communication
Cons
limited space
I had fun with children during the summer program.
Lit (leader in training) (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTJune 14, 2016
I usually went to work, and ate breakfast with the children. I then helped them with learning skills, and then had fun activities for us to do throughout the day. We ate lunch then went home. We had so much fun. I learned that I need patience in every task that I do. I learned that everyone has to communicate clearly for things to run smoothly. Everyone was kind, which made the day run so much smoothly.
Pros
Making everyone smile, and interacting with everyone on a daily basis.
Cons
The Summer heat
Greatly enjoyed interacting with our clients.
Director of Events (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJApril 13, 2016
It was a very challenging position that brought me much joy. Despite being hired for Mon-Fri 9am-5pm, I worked 7 days a week and probably close to 60 hours most weeks.

The management was lacking, but from what I understand, it is much improved due to a change in command.

I traveled often and enjoyed being able to help our Licesnsees with their needs at our events and on a day-to-day basis.
Pros
travel
Cons
management, pay
Leap was almost like a family of some sort
Junior Counselor (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTApril 26, 2016
I loved working at Leap not only because of my co-workers but because of the kids. There was no better feeling than seeing them be able to see them learning and understanding new things that they couldn't before.
Excellent place to work with high school and middle school students.
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 1, 2016
LEAP is a great company and allows flexibility within scheduling to meet both the needs of the clients as well as the tutors.
Productive and fun workplace
Junior Counselor (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTMay 3, 2016
I enjoy the family atmosphere, its a very fun workplace from dealing with the children to being around my coworkers and superiors.
Great Experience
Peer Mentor/Tutor (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNApril 12, 2016
LEAP was a great experience for me and my degree. I was able to help incoming freshmen be successful in the program. The hardest part was scheduling. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the freshmen succeed.
typical day
Junior Counselor (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTJanuary 8, 2016
typical day at leap will be the children getting out of school, coming to another school to get their homework done and learn life skills. Such as swimming, camping, participating/volunteering in free activities to help the community. Last but not least we taught them how to be leaders, be athletes, have enthusiasm and be participants.
Pros
happy parents and kids
Cons
when kids leave
you always have to be on point and listen
Supervisor/Tutor (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYNovember 4, 2015
A typical day at work would be us supervisors coming in before the rest of the workers having a meeting getting everything in order the other workers to come in. I give everyone there stations where there supposed to be pick our kids up and get to work. I love my coworkers we work well together and we get our work done even if we have to stay late. The most enjoyable thing about this job was seeing my student move up to the next grade and some even graduated
Pros
being around my student
Cons
there was none
Productive but alot of work
Senior Counselor (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTFebruary 25, 2015
This summer camp comes with alot of patience and focus. A couselor usually has about 15 students ages 6-8, 9-10 or 11-12. We have to read to them, teach them new lessons, give them writing assignments, and make sure they read. There are also fun activities that we take them on and that are provided to them through the company such as swimming or dance class. The Site Coordinators are people who are well organized and keep their team of counselors together. The hardest part is dealing with uncoopertive students and trying to teach children who take longer to learn. the most enjoyable part is knowing that you have made a difference in these childrens lives and made an everlasting inpression.
Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTNovember 4, 2015
Great place for first time research associates, i learned a lot and also was able to work and teach others a lot about my own personal experiences.
Very Active and Productive Workplace
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 4, 2012
The employees at Leap where great to work with. The daily agenda is never really know till you get on site. Management was unbelievable, very humble people. I found the hardest job on site was multi-tasking with multiple jobs every hour. I enjoyed the experience very much as for the other facilitys located in the same building.
Cons
on the 8th floor
Great Place
Youth Counselor (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTFebruary 15, 2015
It was fun. nice co workers, great management,everyday was something different. it was also a pleasure to spend my summer there working with those kids.
Proactive advocate for people with disabilities
Volunteer, Advocate (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OhioSeptember 15, 2014
People with disabilities have been overlooked and discriminated on, not only in employment, but in education, housing, and other community affairs and activities. I am here to aid and protect the rights of all people who deserve to have a fair chance in living independently and becoming whole, in society.
Answer phones, help individuals recieve heat assistance through state
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMarch 4, 2013
Always interacting with people. Management was great and co-workers .

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LEAP. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5