LEAP Employee Reviews

Senior Kid Counselor (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTNovember 20, 2017
Leap was my very first job as a high school student, they work around your hours if needed. I recommend this job to anyone who is a student. At leap SCHOOL is always the first priority
Great Co-Workers, Poor Management
Curriculum Development Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 13, 2017
The consultants at Leap are all fantastic. Learned a lot working there. It is an ongoing consultant position however with no pay increases, no benefits, no job security. In several years- not even one paid day off. For someone who wants a pt job- this can be fun. For someone who wants a career- this is not an option as the management does not care about their workers at all.
LEAP is a great place to work!
Various Positions (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 21, 2017
LEAP is an excellent place to work. The opportunity to work 1:1 with students is refreshing and fun! The staff and management are great! I really enjoy my work!
loved the people I worked with
full time, part time and as an advocate while away (Former Employee) –  Farmington, ME 04938September 19, 2017
I loved the people I worked with, we had fun, we assisted them in meeting their needs, working in the community to reduce barriers and to ensure quality of life for each person we worked with.
Pros
great place to work
low pay no benefits for the teachers
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CAAugust 31, 2017
they will cut your hours and make you work with little to no supplies for your class. class are small.. have to share toys with other classes along with art supplies
Productive and fun work place
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Inglewood, CAAugust 15, 2017
Great after school program.Many programs offerd like cooking,chess,music,and dance class.Field trips.Game day.They also have tutoring.we did fundraiers.Food truck day.
Pros
Free snacks and supper.
Cons
Short breaks
Great programs but there is a disconnect between management and other employees
Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 15, 2017
LEAP has a lot of good programs but there is a disconnect in the office between management and other employees. It would be better if everyone worked together.
Gossipy environment but enjoyable with working for clients.
DIRECT CARE STAFF (Former Employee) –  Potsdam, NYAugust 14, 2017
I worked overnight shift cleaning the house for clients. Patient support checking in on them and prepared breakfast for clients. Management was nice to work for. The culture was gossipy. Left things during day for night workers. The hardest part of my job was trying not to listen to gossip. The most enjoyable was being with the clients and working for them.
Pros
Helping clients.
Cons
Too much gossip and alot of backbiting.
Daunting and stressful
Junior Counselor (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTAugust 3, 2017
I worked with kids in the development with literacy the job is stressful I was getting paid minimal wage for amouts of work I was doing I was also getting treated unfairly by people and dindt like it so I left in hopes I can find something better
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Flexible job for artists
Art & Theater Teacher (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 20, 2017
When I worked for LEAP in the early 00's, it was a great place for artists to get work based on their talents and willingness to work with the city's underserved children.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Seasonal work, zero benefits
It was fun and a good learning process
Speaker (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 17, 2017
The learning process in leap was a good experience for me i got to learn about team work and leadership.also shows us as teenagers how to be able to get along and solve situations at work.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks
young staff
Development Officer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 10, 2017
I got a lot of early experience out of college but the compensation was pretty low. They keep the overhead down by hiring just out of college talent, which can be a good thing when managing a tight budget at a non-profit, but meant people didn't stay very long.
It has it moment
CRMA/DSP (Current Employee) –  Farmington Falls, MEJune 24, 2017
Some Days are better then others. You need to keep and an eye on who your friends really are, People like to point fingers are one another. Great shifts
great place to work
summer worker (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CT 06511June 15, 2017
quick paced mentoring kids nice place all you do is go around helping and teaching kids about how fun summer is all the things you can do ect nice management i learned how to be patient with kids
Productive and fun work place with kids
Junior Counselor (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTJune 6, 2017
Leap is a place for young teenagers to get out into the community and enjoy the nice summer days. In leap, we of course educate the children during the first part of the day, and then we take them out into the community for some fun. Some of the things we do are take them swimming, to an art class, or we even have a free day where we can take them to a park or something of their choice. The kids love to come during the day and we even extended our program throughout the years, so now they stay until 4. The pay is good and you have lots of fun as a counselor.
Pros
free lunch, kids stay until 4, paid for trips etc
Cons
no breaks, out in the sun for a couple hours
Best Place
Junior Counselor (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTMay 30, 2017
My first job was here and I must say they taught me so many things that I will never forget. The friendships and bonds that get created here is amazing.
Pros
Meet Great people and network
Productive fun and Life Changing
Junior Counselor (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTMay 26, 2017
LEAP is a great organization that helps provide a safe space for the youth of New Haven to learn, be active, and find mentors that can help inspire them to succeed in life and value education as well as extra curricular. A typical day at LEAP summer program starts in the class room where students a taught a specific curriculum based on their age and then ends with fun extracurricular activities through out The City of New Haven.
Pros
Working with kids, and young people your age
Cons
No breaks requires patients
CRMA/DSP (Current Employee) –  Farmington, MEApril 5, 2017
This was an ok job but I felt as if you had to be heartless to stay for a long period of time. A lot goes on behind curtains that unveils itself after awhile and can eat away at you emotionally.
Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMarch 31, 2017
Fast paced and intense work environment. Challenging and engaging. Great staff and management, flexible hours and great benefits. Educational opportunities and community involvement.
Supervisor-Hasan Monereau (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 5, 2017
put together and organizing professional events with atlanta falcons dealing with the fans and interacting with falcons players
Pros
being at the game
Cons
no cons