Lear Corporation Employee Reviews

Great place to work.
Manufacturing Associate (Former Employee) –  Duncan, SCJanuary 16, 2017
Recommended to anyone Like who Loves Hard work. Grate Hours, incLuding OVERTIME. Etc... So if ever in South Carolina stop by.
Pros
The pay
Terrible place to work
Utility Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Alma, MIJanuary 15, 2017
The management of that stinking place is horrible. they don't care about family matters or care for anything but making people work over time. They are not fair to employees with anything.
Pros
Paycheck
Cons
No cares for people
Had hot luches avalible, no gates on breaks
Press Operator/Die Setter (Former Employee) –  Morristown, TNJanuary 11, 2017
A very greasy hot place to work for, not enough air circulation in the factory, very dirty and very long hrs and had paid luches and good food in the cafeteria good people and decent hrs
Pros
Gave us Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners
Cons
The breaks were short but fair
Fun place to work at
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJanuary 5, 2017
I worked there in the assembly line as a machine loader loading armrest for pick up trucks and head rests as well . My goal there was to make sure all my numbers are met as needed and also keep the place clean . I wish I had enough seniority there because the company moved to another location they laid us of and kept people with 5 years and more so our jobs got cut short
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Short breaks very good healthcare
Laid back work environment.
Forklift Operator/Sequencing (Former Employee) –  Northwood, OHDecember 22, 2016
Comfortable work environment with assembly of headliners for Jeep/Chrysler. Safety and quality production procedures was considered very important. Long hours at times.
Productive and Innovative
Certified Tutor (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIDecember 14, 2016
Truly inspiring and flexible when it comes to not only match the needs and wants of their employees for the sake of the students, but it also benefitted those who weren't in the program.
Pros
Communication skills.
unhealthy personal enviornment
absentee replacement operator (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXDecember 12, 2016
this company hires through the workforce commission... employees do not all have the highest standards of life or repect for others.. Union is a joke with union reps being lazy and uneducated just voted in by friends and people wanting protection for doing wrong..
Pros
pay, benefits
Cons
repetitive job hard on body
Lear Corp.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Walker, MIDecember 11, 2016
They closed down & moved the plant to Mexico. The company filed for bankruptcy about 1yr later! I didn't agree with how they just pulled the rug from right under our noises.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Closed down
Fantastic place of employment.
Repair Technician (Former Employee) –  Janesville, WINovember 29, 2016
Work with people in all different parts of plant. very family oriented place to work. Very good benefit package. Supplied all tools for each task at hand.
Miss it every day
Production Worker/Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Zanesville, OHNovember 28, 2016
Excellent co workers. Get to learn lots of different jobs and run different machinery. Worked on fast paces production lines.
Good Pay and benefits. Belonged to a union.
Pros
great co workers
Cons
It closed
Summer Fridays
Payroll Analyst (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MINovember 22, 2016
Was a good place to work. Just hated the commute. They tried to low-ball me when offering a supervisor position.

Great group of people to work with. Manager sit in the same are as the staff which is weird.
Pros
cafeteria on site
Cons
pay
End of an era
Plant Engineering Manager (Former Employee) –  Newark, DENovember 15, 2016
As the automotive manufacturing plants have dwindled in this area, so too has the pool of talented employees drained as well. Chief among the drain source is our dearest Lear Corporation. As a former employee, I marveled at the commitment of the company and the dedicated employees that supplied a quality product, on time, and with the highest quality. However, the unending commitment came with a price - your personal unwavering commitment as well. Although very challenging and rewarding, the constant support needed for the task extracted your energy, time, and any remaining semblance of family life. I really miss my co-workers and the strides we made.
Pros
Continuous Improvement
Cons
A lost industry
Poorly managed with little regard for associates
Materials Specialist/ General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Northwood, OHOctober 6, 2016
A very poorly managed company which resulted in the closing of the plant in which I was employed. Very little regard for the associates working there.
Pros
Cons
No gratitude or any regard whatsoever for their employees
Worked with a Great Boss
Traffic Controller / Materials Handler (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXSeptember 6, 2016
Typical day was pulling orders from the racks in the warehouse everything was per pallet and easy to gather. We used scanners and did not have to leave the seat of the forklift
We worked at night so there was no management around
The co-workers were very helpful to learn the job quickly
The bonding we had and all the joking around with each other
Pros
Working at night with a great group of people
Cons
Pay was low / there was no overtime
productive fun company
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Vance, ALAugust 15, 2016
good company to work for friendly people a lot of hard work ,you on production line you many chances to advance in the company the pay could be better for the job
Pros
fun people
Cons
not many hours
Quality Leader
Quality Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIJune 7, 2016
Good place to work for and the people are hard worker to completed their job to complete the customer tasks Everyone work very hard.
Fast Paced and Productive Environment
Acoustics Operator (Former Employee) –  Huron, OHApril 8, 2016
Fun place to work - lots of different personality types working together to complete a common goal. Great pay and benefits.
Pros
Compensation and benefits
Cons
Continual departmental layoff
protoype experience
prototype assembler (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIMarch 16, 2016
I really enjoyed working on new products where learning the best way to build quality seats with the employees perspective.
Being a part of how the assembly process would be used in a production environment was very rewarding
n/a
Quality Engineer (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 3, 2016
I am choosing not to review this company in this format at this time. I would be glad to answer any questions that you might have over the phone or in person.
Productive and Fun place
Packaging Intern (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIMarch 1, 2016
Everyone is extremely friendly and gets their work done. Did not ever mind going to work. Management was top notch. During baseball season there is a Tigers Suite and everyone at Lear wants to help the city of Detroit. Thats why i enjoyed it so much.
Pros
Great Campus
Cons
Not flexible hours.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lear Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.