LEAR Employee Reviews

Hated it
Shipping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Marlette, MINovember 8, 2016
I will never work for a corporation like this again. No balance whatso ever. Over worked and didn't pay Will never ever work there again. I don't even want to talk about it.
Producti2
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Duncan, SCNovember 4, 2016
It is a very productive work place but the employees are not treated well. I do like the environment but there is little respect givin yo employees. Not enough time given to do important thing for your self.
cool, laidback work enviornment
utility worker (Former Employee) –  Portage, INOctober 29, 2016
o i worked through a temp agency so my hours varied and checks were never consistant, but overall it was a cool work place. everyone worked together as a team to get the job done andtaught you diffrent things to get more experience.
Pros
easy work
Cons
not enough hours
productive
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Duncan, SCOctober 19, 2016
Overall healthy work environment; shift hours always available. Plenty to learn: plenty of associates to learn from.
Repetittive and labor intensive
Line Worker (Current Employee) –  Portage, INSeptember 22, 2016
you work 12 hour shifts 4 days a week. my days starts at 6am and ends at 6pm. there are 3 different shifts to work on so it all depends on which shift you get. this job is very repetitive and you do the same job everyday so you are really limited to learn outside of your job. the management is pretty decent. doing the same job all day long every minute of the hour. the coworkers are the best part. you meet some really cool people and they work as a team
Pros
good benifits
Cons
no opportunity to move up in the business
Great Job
Quality Inspector (Current Employee) –  Duncan, SCAugust 30, 2016
The job itself is great and decent pay however the management could use some improving. I feel like they pick and choose favorites for easier job stations and not people that are more experienced veterans.
Unload Trucks Assembly Line
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Duncan, SCJuly 21, 2016
Lear was ok I wasn't hired on so I wasn't getting the pay that everyone else was at the company. Just be ready to work hard. Only thing i disliked was working 12 hours all the time.
Great variety of tasks in an interesting environment
Sr. Designer (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MI HQJuly 18, 2016
Work with Sr. Engineers, participate in technology development, R & D, lots of people sharing knowledge and best practices.
Pros
Exposure to and participation in a variety of projects in an R & D environment
Cons
No weekly design group meetings, contract designers are somewhat out of the loop.
Great company to work for.
Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Duncan, SCJuly 6, 2016
Everyone within the facility are friendly and willing to help each other when in need. We all looked after each other when someone was in need.
Nice place to excel
Production Assembly (Current Employee) –  Portage, INMay 7, 2016
Lear is a nice place to work. Besides a couple of manager's that have given me a few problems it is a good place of business to excel in.
Pros
Benefits, Pay
Cons
Short breaks, hard labor in some areas where machines need fixed.
fun pepole go work place
internal control clerk (Former Employee) –  Ckark st Mendon , MIApril 19, 2016
I worked 4 years on different lines. 2years as ICC {internal control clerk} loading and unloading trucks. 2 years as injection molder taking parts out of the press and trimming them. over all a good place to work
Great company
Quality Control Inspector (BFS FOV) (Former Employee) –  south koreaApril 6, 2016
They were bought by AECOM. Lear was a good company to work for. They always had a large amount of contracts. Pay was always first for them.
The type of work has a demanding schedule.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Kenansville, NCApril 5, 2016
The company as a whole is a good place to work but the management was poor and I felt as if they really didn't care about the concerns of the employees. My co-workers were not team players to make the production. The hardest part of my job was the lead, and the demand of the hours to work.
Pros
Pay was good
Cons
Worked every other weekend
productive but poor management
Press Operator/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Taylor, MIMarch 30, 2016
the days are boring and lazy. I have learned shipping and receiving and a refreshers course on driving a forklift. and for me the hardest part of my job is getting presses that are not busy I prefer the presses that are very busy. The thing i enjoy the most is when someone in a different department shows something that i never done before
Pros
experience in auto department
Cons
low wages
Plant enviornment
IT Specialist I (Current Employee) –  Vance, ALMarch 21, 2016
This company is a manufacturing plant. As a salary employee it is expected of you to work long days and some weekends. Managements favorite phrase seems to be "If you don't like it find yourself another job." From what I have been told this is a typical environment for a manufacturing plant. This is my first experience working in a plant and I do not care for it.
good work place
process tech lead (Current Employee) –  Dayton, TNFebruary 24, 2016
good work place always improving and everyone there is like family. a lot of team work. growing fast. try to keep a clean work force. standard 5s and improving.
Satisfied with pay rate and work enviornment
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Hammond, INFebruary 20, 2016
I was satisfied with my pay rate. there were plenty of oppurtunities for overtime which is something I was also satisfied with. I feel as if there are some communication issues from management all the way down. Overall it is a pretty good company to work for.
Wish it was still open!
General Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Lordstown, OHJanuary 27, 2016
A very good job and enjoyed the people I worked with and wish the plant had stayed open because I would be there to this day!
Pros
Pay
Cons
plant closing
Good benefits
Front line Supervisor/Shipping Supervisor/Buyer (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 11, 2016
Lear is a large company with good benefits, many hours, a lot of weekends. High overturn rate, but a lot of good people with high seniority.
Excellent organization for goal oriented individuals, Provided liberal benifits -
Sales and Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCNovember 6, 2015
A typical day was spent meeting with customers as well as support and direction of product development.

Management was concise with goals and business direction. Continually searching for leaders to grow the enterprise.

I enjoyed most all of my co-workers and found satisfaction in training them.

The most difficult part of my job was launching our textile division in China and Japan. This was a multi year project.

The most enjoyable part of my tenure was building relationships at multiple levels with prospective customers and vendors throughout NA and Asia..
Pros
Having the opportunity to launch many products that lead to customer satisfaction.
Cons
Offsite operation facilities.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LEAR. Our community is ready to answer.