LEAR

LEAR United States Employee Reviews

Productive and fun work place sometime
C-Line Oven Machine Operator/Okkie Clip (Former Employee), Montgomery, ALFebruary 4, 2015
A typical day include constant standing and lifting.You also learn allot about the automotive industry.As if on any job you have those that are just unkind and unfair to fellow co-workers.
get glue all over your closes
grinder/machine operator (Former Employee), Morristown, TNDecember 31, 2014
Pros: messy job
Cons: not enough money
put glue on fence so it will stay together. stack on pallot make sure it stays together
Lear
Assembler & Grinder (Former Employee), Morristown, TNNovember 4, 2014
Pros: i
Cons: lay offs
Good place to work, nice people. I do something different every day. I learn how to pull scrap and set up machines. I also cleaned shop and keeped floors clean.
Factory Work
Material Handler (Former Employee), Hope Hull, ALJune 12, 2014
Pros: raises every four months
Cons: sore body
You will workm long hours on most days. There is a lot of labor work but you will learn new things everyday. You see a lot of new people daily. The hardest part of the job is the materailand the standing. The pay is good.
Was a decent job for what I needed at the time
Production Associate (Former Employee), Duncan, SCMay 17, 2014
Pros: pay check every week
Cons: long hours, not knowing if you were going to have a day off.
Average day at LEAR consisted of joining in a group with the team leader about prior problems the last shift had the night before then going to our selected jobs and working on our selected jobs for two and half hours. We had a 45 minute lunch break and two 12 minute breaks in between. The job itself wasn't hard, but the hard part was trying to balance school at the same time.
Productive and fast pace environment.
Production Supervisor / Acting Superintendent (Current Employee), Rochester, Michigan.April 18, 2014
Pros: like my boss and the people i supervise
Cons: pay is very little and not increasing.
Fast pace and very stressful environment with little to no opportunity for advancement. Pay doesn't reflect the position and has been little to no raises for a few years due to what they say is no funds.
working by yourself
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Edinburgh, INJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: good health benifients
Cons: working all the time almost every weekend and 16 hr. days 5 days a week
I would make door panels for the explorer.I learned how to put and door panel on a door frame of the explorer and how it looks if it got messed up.Management and coworkers really left you alone unless you were getting trained or they were taking your spot so you can leave or go somewhere else in the plant. moving the racks that was taller then i was that was the hardest thing for me to do.
an ok workplace
Forklift operator (Former Employee), Hammond, INJanuary 19, 2014
Pros: the overtime and driving a forklift
Cons: blamed for other workers mistakes
I liked working there but their was too much favoritism and I got blamed for other co workers mistakes. I never received any type of benefits even being their 3 years.
Productive work place
Machine Operator (Former Employee), 3 mile road grand rapids MiNovember 21, 2013
Pros: money was great
Cons: lonng hours
Working on the line, with car parts
Factory work is a steady pace job
mean management
Co-workers were excellent
enjoying music while working
Very good company.
Team Member (Former Employee), Mason, MIJuly 11, 2013
Pros: great people, benifits and pay.
Cons: they are subject to the contracts that grant them the ability to create jobs.
Lear was one of the best companies I have ever worked for, they care about both product and the people that work for them. Of the jobs I have had in my life I woke up everyday ready to go to work.
Being productive
Operator in Injection Molding division (Former Employee), Greencastle, INJune 9, 2013
Pros: n/a
Cons: working in areas with know cool air or ventilation
A typical day LEAR/IAC consisted of.
Being on time.
Checking parts for defects.
Keeping track of paperwork.
Leaving the area cleaned and organized for the next shift.
great place, but they sold
Press Operator (Former Employee), Edinburgh, INFebruary 5, 2013
Cons: they sold
loved my job at lear, easy work, and great pay. I assemble gm doors and operated a a press mold.
Good place for people with family and in mature age
Product Engineer (Former Employee), Naco, HondurasJanuary 18, 2013
Pros: good benefis, ideal for people close to the families, and mature people
Cons: not adecuate for people who does not like the work inside a plant or a building the whole day
It is work inside of a plant. A very good place to learn to work with people and develop standars and management
Positive work environment.
PCB Designer (Former Employee), Southfield, MIJanuary 6, 2013
Enjoyed working with Engineering Staff and Management.
Positive work atmosphere, would like to have the opportunity to work
with their engineering team for the Hybrid-Electric Group.
It was a fast pace environment.
Inspector (Former Employee), Hammond, INNovember 28, 2012
Cons: new
A typical day at work was fast pace and hard work. I learned how to inspect different types of car parts. The co-workers was very friendly and helpful to me as a new person at work. The hardest part of my job was having to stand on my feet allday. Also having to learn what all to look for on a part. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning new skills and meeting new people.
Nice Factory Work
Operations Technician (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MIOctober 9, 2012
Pros: good benifits
Cons: nice friendly enviornment and good benifits
Steady work until the factory closed in 2009 and wish I was still employed there
Awesome Job
Production Assembly (Former Employee), Berne, INOctober 3, 2012
I really liked working in this field. It was fun and fast paced which kept me busy. The people were nice and the management knew how to run a factory. If I didnt have to move, I would still be there.
Inspiring and Learning workplace
Failure Analysis Engineer (Current Employee), P07July 11, 2012
Lear Corporation here in Cebu is the first Manufacturing Plant in the Philippines producing CAR controls for different CAR Manufacturing such as IPDM(Integrated Power Distribution Module)for Nissan, (ETACS)Electronics and timing alarm System for Mitsubishi,(SJB)Smart Junction Box for MAZDA,(BCM)Body Control Module for Ford T6 and Engine Junction Box for EJB Frames.For our job ,we are always rendering Overtime due to limitted heads and Multi-tasking activity. Management is quite OK and the personnel are very friendly.
Management overview how materials management was viewed
Assistant Materials Manager (Former Employee), Janesville, WIMay 10, 2012
Cons: management
Lear Seating is a company that will kill your career. They do not support the management staff at all. No training. Company lets the union run the plant. Company does not address issues it avoids them at all cost. No team work. It is a fight every day. Company fires managers in wholesale lot. Materials Managers are fired for the operation issues of the floor they have no control over that effect inventory. You can not have all material manager no good one after the other.
muy bueno
Period de trabajo (Former Employee), produccion de controles,control electrico etc..August 18, 2014
muuy bueno en experiencia , emprendimiento y capasitacion laboral

LEAR Salaries