Learn It Family of Companies Employee Reviews

Good
Healthcare Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 4, 2017
Everyone up to upper management was always very pleasant and helpful when needed. Made for a fun and enjoyable work environment. My co-workers were always fun to work with.
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
No job security
Behavior Interventionist (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LADecember 29, 2016
They make you jump through hops to get the job. Promise you the moon and stars then once out of training you realize you will be making poverty wages because you will be working 12 hours a week. Then there's what they call "shadowing" where you earn $9 an hour. There is way too much driving, a lot of which is in New Orleans. Then there's the favoritism. One day you're in & unbeknowst to you, the next day you're out.
Pros
Plenty of down time in between clients if that's your thing
Cons
Pay, lack of hours, favoritism, extended driving, large gaps in between clients
Very Unprofessional and Disorganized
Title 1 Teacher (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLDecember 20, 2016
Learn It Family of Companies is not a pleasant place to work. The company does not offer full time employment. In addition, the curriculum is very difficult for students to comprehend and understand. The staff neglects to provide teachers with the proper guidance to become effective educators.
Collaborative Culture where people are developed
VICE PRESIDENT OF PARTNERSHIPS (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 16, 2016
Wonderful company to work for. Lot of focus on developing human capital there. Family focused. Good people doing great things for children with special needs and their families.
tutoring students with ipads
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 20, 2016
Very rewarding working with students in 3rd and 5th grades. Worked with another teacher in a classroom set up for tutoring students in reading. I had to go get the students from their classrooms and return them to their classrooms.
Pros
working with computers
Cons
discipline problems
Challenging yet room for advancement; Rewarding
Educational Tutor (Former Employee) –  North Little Rock, AROctober 5, 2016
A typical day in the office is compiling reports, and data entry, but the field work is where the adventure is; you have to Love people in order to work in an environment where you will meet a diversity of individuals. Some day are more challenging than others, but the work pays off. It is very rewarding to see families put back together, and it is also rewarding to see children find a home that will protect them from danger. This job has great benefits, and you get flex time; time off with pay, and not have to worry about making up for lost days. Co-workers look out for each other, and seek to encourage each other when the going gets tough.
Pros
Great Benefits; Room for advancement.
Cons
Travel
Excellently run and managed tutoring company
Online Tutor (Former Employee) –  OnlineAugust 5, 2016
Learn It was a highly admirable employer. The typical day began after school hours, depending on the student's location. The online classroom was easily used and manipulated to adapt lessons to fit students' needs.
The managers were professional and polite. On the rare occasion when either technical difficulty or a miscommunication hindered my ability to begin a class on time, the administration and technical support were present to help remedy the situation.
Pros
Flexible schedule and adaptable curriculum
Cons
Part-time
Urban Agriculture
Summer Intern, LGE (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 17, 2016
The rest of the Interns and I got to learn how to grow our own food, and become farmers in a sense. Really amazing people, lots of good memories.
Pros
Learn how to grow your own food, Free food.
Cons
A lot of work in the Sun
productive
Program Aide/Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYSeptember 24, 2015
More laid back work place. Assist the teachers with helping junior high children try to excel in their reading and math skills. i love to teach so it was great seeing them progress. A typical is making sure they eat lunch and get to their classes on time whether its reading first or math and taking attendance going over their work and making corrections.
I enjoyed working for this company
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 30, 2014
-Organized and proctored TOELF exams for students at a TOEFL test center.
-Programmed each computer to match the individual profiles of each test taker. Prepared the workstations for exams and assisted students registering for future exams.
-Performed administrative tasks and paperwork.
-Repaired minor glitches with computers in times of technical failures including both hardware and software malfunctions with test stations.

Want to know more about Learn It Family of Companies?

Ask a question
Learn It Systems
Site Director and Lead Teacher (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIJune 29, 2014
Learn It Systems is an educational supplemental company that offers charter schools and public schools districts programs such as special education services, Before and After school care, tutoring both one on one as well as on line. I was the pilot program site director for the Before and After school program where I learned how to hire and train my staff. I worked with students in the Buena Vista (Saginaw Michigan) the program was centered on the student’s homework and then a science or social study based curriculum. With the success of this program I then was able to travel to Illinois, Ohio, and Texas to start other such programs. In the past year I was the site director and lead teacher for the preschool program located in Flint at the Genesee STEM Academy. The management had the confidence in me and the work I was producing to support my ideas and growth as a professional. The best part of any of my position were the students and the parents. I enjoyed working with them. The hardest part was saying good bye to the students when the division was closed.
Great company providing instruction to at risk students.
On-Line Tutor (Former Employee) –  Home OfficeJanuary 25, 2014
I enjoyed tutoring with Learn It, but they discontinued the on-line program in May 2013.
productive fun
Program Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 28, 2013
interacting with different children from different culture .building relationships with teachers and principals. making a difference in every child when it come to tutoring .
family atmosphere
Accounts Receivable and Payroll Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 27, 2013
company allowed employees to utilize skill set and provided ability to improve and take on other responsibilities. Worked independently and management provided support.
productive and fun workplace for the kids
Teacher's Aide (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 23, 2013
i learned how to communicate and work with middle school kids.
my co-workers were funny and friendly but was serious about their work.
the hardest part of the job was getting the kids to quiet down.
the management was good.
Learn iT provides excellent Technical computer training.
Corporate Account Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CANovember 7, 2012
My job was to sell Technical computer training. This was a hunter position and I was very successful with Learn iT.
funny
tutor (Former Employee) –  Capitol Heights, MDSeptember 4, 2012
my frist day was good learn how to talk topeoplknow goode in personbenches
Pros
take us to dinner