Learn It Systems Employee Reviews

Terrible Experience
Site Director (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 12, 2013
Site directors had to continually lie to parents/school staff saying site would be licensed within a month when in reality in the 5 months I was there staff was not fingerprinted, had any licensing required training, paperwork needed was before starting was not completed until 4 months into the program.
Management finall admitted to having no knowledge of licensing
Designated area was not safe for children
Sire Director had to leave students unsupervised to answer the door.
Restrooms designated for the program were kept locked
Games provided were mostly on the preschool level
Management showed no concern for the needs of the staff
Benefits would cost half of pay
Pros
None I can think of. Lie a good story but no follow through
Cons
Split shift putting almost 70 miles per day on my car, one pay check a month went to fill my tank, the other for activities needed to plan what I considered a beneficial program
Has many perks....but is it enough!?!?!?!
Intervention Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHDecember 4, 2014
A very good self starter position, at times lack structure and communication from administration. overall a good starting point for new grads.

company reimbursements
professional development stipend
Health, dental, and vision insurance

Salary is negotiable
Young company growing quickly with reinvention
Manager (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 19, 2015
Learn It Systems has a lot of growth potential in many roles. The company has purchased several new companies to foster rapid growth. Overall the management team is younger so work life balance is easier to obtain than some organizations. Workload can be heavy at times with certain the positions. Often working well over 40 hours per week. Benefit and PTO package are adequate. Very friendly and professional upper management. Pay scale seems fair.
Great Organization - Very Professional
Online SES Teacher (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 8, 2013
I am starting my 2nd year with Learn It Systems teaching online.

Great organization, very professional.
They utilized quality materials for their students.

They allow teachers flexibility in working hours, as well as advancement.

They give quality service to their students and expect high quality teaching from their teachers.

This company is assisting with decreasing the digital divide that exists in our society today between children who have access to techology and those who do not.
Pros
great service to at-risk students, advancement opportunities
Enjoyable work environment
Corporate (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 8, 2012
Learn It is a great place to really take charge and put your own stamp on the projects you work on. The employees at Learn It are all caring, easy to work with people who are passionate about improving education opportunities for today's students.
Pros
room for advancement, respectful management
Cons
small kitchen
Good part time job
Program Aide (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 9, 2012
Typical day as a program aide was to be at the school assigned, and helping the students and parent's with any questions. We make sure as program aides that the students are in the right classes, and attendance are signed in and out with the right times the come in and when they are dismissed. We also help teachers get their students the right work books that are needed and exam booklets. I make phone calls to parent's when the student is absent and make sure the parents know. We also make phone calls concerning the program end date and any information they need. The reason why i was sign to this particular school is because of parents not being able to understand english, i was able to speak in chinese.
Pros
being able to help assist
Great fun with the kids
Head Tutor (Former Employee) –  Evans, COMarch 24, 2014
It was a temporary position and work hours never lasted more than 3 hours long. We walked the elementary students down to a local complex and taught them there after setting up the tables for the day. We gave them snacks - provided by the Learn It staff, who were also on site and helped walk the students over. We let the students take breaks and play, especially a lot more at the end of the 12 week period, after they completed their tests.

The hardest part of the job is discipline and for myself, as Head Tutor, getting everyone to keep up on their student's tests scores because occasionally I couldn't scan and e-mail certain student's scores because the regular tutors forgot.

The most enjoyable part was working with the kids.
Productive and fun workplace.
Program aid (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 18, 2013
A typical day at work for me was looking over children before and after program as well as making sure all paper work was completed. Working for learn it iv learned so much from how to improve working as a team to interacting with the children and building a friendship with them. My coworkers were great we always worked together and were always one step ahead with our work. The hardest part of my job would be the ending of program when there would be children waiting hours for their parents and seeing the terrified look on their little faces. I must say the most enjoyable part of the job was hanging and interacting with the children.
Pros
free lunch, wonderful staff
Cons
no breack
Learn It Systems' The One
tutor (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAOctober 8, 2012
It was very rewarding working with the foster children. I learned a different approach working with K-6 students. Management was extremely cooperative. I really did not have any co-workers. There was no hardest part of the job for me. Making a difference in the lives of the children was the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
the encouragement of children in the learning process.
Cons
there were no cons.
Great if you dont have a degree
Site Director (Current Employee) –  cleveland ohDecember 28, 2013
The people are fun but that is it. There is no job security what so ever so. one week you go to work next week you might be out of a job.
Pros
great pay
Cons
short hours, no job security
It was a exciting place to work.
Title 1 Teacher (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIAugust 5, 2015
Enjoyed small group settings in math and reading , direct instruction,technology enhancement lessons, individualized lessons, parental involvement and a supportive team work environments.
Pros
Small group settings, which made it easier to create individualized lessons
Cons
Challenging behaviors .
Children
Program Aide (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYSeptember 9, 2014
Working with the children was awesome. I had 3 to 4 students a day and they would tell me a typical day with there friends and teacher. Sometimes they would get mad and wouldn't want to do there work. But i would speak and let them tell me what was bothering them pulling them to the side and having the student talking made them feel better. The students would get happy when they would get the answer right. If one of my co workers students didn't come in they would help me.
Pros
Working with children
Cons
No healthcare
Do NOT work for this company.
Lead Instructor/ Director's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILNovember 6, 2012
I was an assistant/lead instructor with Learn It Systems and they are so beyond unorganized, it's not even funny. It took 4 weeks to see my first paycheck and I was abruptly fired for the most ridiculous reason.
Cons
pffff... where do i begin?
Great folks to work for
TEACHER (Former Employee) –  Arizona State HospitalAugust 6, 2014
Management was not involved much. Co-worker was great. Day consisteeof providing education to mentally ill patients.
Pros
great hours
Cons
lost our contract
Management Problem
SITE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHNovember 14, 2013
Needs more of a divisional structure in management. Shutdown some programs because of low enrollment.
Great if you want to learn business
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Clifton, NJApril 30, 2012
Learn It was a very good company if you wanted to learn how to run you own business. It was a field job, so I really enjoyed meeting new people. Other than that I only have negative things to say.
Pros
great teaching environment
Cons
a lot
A rewarding job
Tutor and Mentor (Former Employee) –  Orange CountyMarch 22, 2015
I was surrounded by robust kids who wanted to learn. They were fun to be around and inspire. I had enjoyed myself.. This is job I wouldn't mind coming back to.
Great Company
Market Team Member (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 20, 2014
It was an ok place to work just not the best organization. Supervisor didn't have the best communication skills, but I would love to go back. To bad it was a seasonal positon
At home comfort
ONLINE INSTRUCTOR (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 6, 2014
Gained work at home experience and IT experience. The company offered a variety in pay which depended on student attendance.
Very productive work environment.
Customer Service Representative and Tutor (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 23, 2013
I enjoyed working with underprivileged children and providing them with tools to overcome adversity.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Learn It Systems. Our community is ready to answer.