Learning Care Group Employee Reviews

Great Place to work
Center Director (Current Employee) –  ILLINOISSeptember 24, 2015
Fun place to work. There is a lot of room for advancement with the company. The hours are very long and the pay could be better.
Teacher
Teacher/Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Whiteland, InJuly 16, 2015
I enjoyed working with this company and learning new things. This company and the people that I worked with has helped me to become a stronger employee.
Pros
Great Management
Cons
Negativity
unpredictable work days, variety in age groups, learning experiences, friendly co-workers
Tutor Time (Current Employee) –  East Dundee, ILJune 29, 2015
As an assistant teacher, each day is different. There is the opportunity of working with every age group ranging from 6 weeks old to 12 years old. There are challenges that vary in difficulty but can always be managed. I have learned how to multitask more efficiently, worked on communicating with parents on a daily basis, and worked on projects with the children to update their growth and learning. My co-workers are friendly and very welcoming to anyone who enters the classroom, they are always willing to offer a hand when help is needed. What I enjoy about my job is developing relationships with the children and watching them grow, witnessing how you've helped them advance.
Pros
creating educational activities, field trips, weekends and holidays are off
Cons
can be very stressful, always on your feet
Pleasant families and children
Assistant Director/Teacher (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MIJune 2, 2015
Lack of support by administration contributed to very high turn over in families. Teachers lacked enthusiasm in teaching. Teachers lacked training in the field of early childhood.
Pros
families
Cons
lazy management and staff/turn over rate high
No structure
Kindergarten Teacher (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CAMay 15, 2015
No structure in this company such a waste of time, they hired people around me that were unprofessional and lazy. I was one of the few people who was structured and hard working.
Great potential, poor management
Administrative Coordinator/Manager (Former Employee) –  Novi, MIApril 17, 2015
A typical day at work would consist of interactions with the field, which believes they do not have to adhere to corporate policy. There is no adherence or accountability to policy.

I learned that I love project management, which I later enrolled into a program to receive my certification as a project manager. I also learned that I have great leadership and team collaborative skills to build trust and morale.

My co-workers were very accepting, however, there is abuse of positions and favoritism within departments, which made it an uncomfortable environment if there were disagreements.

The hardest part of the job was interacting with management. There is no mid level management. If a manager does not possess the skills to understand their team and develop areas that they may find a weakness than they have full control to treat, dismiss, and display their weakness to others. It was a very debilitating environment.

The most enjoyable part of the position was hearing the joy in my co-workers voice when I could assist and provide real change to the program.
Pros
Family oriented at time, independence to learn one's self at times.
Cons
No adherence or accountability. Management can be unethical and show favoritism.
Unorganized and unprofessional workplace
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, VaMarch 12, 2015
Childtime is one of the worst childcare facilities I have ever worked for. There is no consistent schedule and management lacks communication skills as well as professional skills. Management is more focused on keeping their friends happy and lying to the district manager. Even though the kids are adorable and the families are very supportive the center is full of drama and stress. If you are a good teacher who work hard and do your job correctly you will be treated unfairly and you will be faced with a ton of negativity. So you will waste time and energy working for this center.
Pros
supportive families and adorable kids
Cons
drama filled, unfair treatment, lack of communication and lack of professionalism
Do your self a favor and apply ANYWHERE ELSE
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 10, 2015
Worked for tutor time for about a year and a half. Horrible management horrible district management and just a horrible company as a whole. All they care about is enrolling families, even if they don't have the staff for it. So teachers are left over ratio on a daily basis. Makes me sick and reminds me of a puppy mill. They don't care about the well being of the children and don't care if your in the hospital, if they need you to come in from over enrolling, they expect you to be there and will pretty much force you to go in, even with a fever and a Dr. Note. Management will approve time off way in advance and than before your vacation they will try to make u come in, although it was approved. They will talk bad about you to other staff members and treat you like a slave. They expect you to stay as long as they need you even two hours pass your 8 and wont even ask you if its okay. And once you run into overtime they will make you take a two hour lunch everyday if they have to just so you don't get those extra hours. Their RUDE, INCONCIDERATE, IGNORANT AND SELFISH. I even tried talking to the district manager and she completly blew me off and did nothing. Theres no help and no one to turn to if you have an issue. I stayed so long because I loved the children and felt like I was making a difference I even got promoted to try and make a difference myself but it got SO MUCH WORSE...I had enough and had to quit. I will NEVER work for any LCG company EVER again and I will make sure to let people know NOT to enroll their children there as I would NEVER leave my child at any of their  more... centers.  less
Pros
working with children
Cons
pay, benefits, management, hours, upper management, not being in ratio, rude to all staff, drama, no support
A spacey building with many teachers ready to teach young children.
Early Childhood Teacher (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 27, 2015
I love going into work in the morning looking at my children giving me that big smile.I learned children learn best when they are happy so we have to make them happy.I worked very well with management they try their best to get the job done and make everyone happy, my co-workers worked very hard as well and they are good team player.The best part of my job is to make the children and parents happy also make sure the children are learning something everyday.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
health care
Rewarding Work
TEACHER (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILNovember 7, 2014
A typical day would include feeding the children breakfast and lunch, creating lesson plans, guiding the children through positive and educational play, reading stories, carrying out lesson plans, etc. The hardest part of the job was caring for some kids who you knew didn't have the best home life, circumstances, etc and trying not to care too much because there was nothing you could really do about that. The most enjoyable part was interacting with the kids, watching them grow and learn and feeling like they went home that day knowing a little more about themselves and the world around them.
Pros
kids are cute, teaching, helping
Cons
salary
Wonderful working team in place.
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Algonquin, ILOctober 28, 2014
Wonderful and caring co workers.
Management was very professional.
Loved working with the kids!
Preschool Instructor (Former Employee) –  McHenry, ILSeptember 16, 2014
-Learning Care Group is a wonderful place to work in childcare, it provides a safe and constructive environment for children to grow and learn.
-The amenities are top notch from the classroom to the playground
-The food was satisfactory, though there were times when although the food did meet DCFS standards, many of the children were still hungry due to small portions
-Pay was average for the location and the type of job, however for a location that desires people with a college degree, it really does not pay enough to support the bills that follow (this seems to be more of an industry problem rather than something specific to this company)
-Management was very problematic here, although this might simply be the location I worked at, the director was not objective at all, allowing individuals who did not do their job well to continue to do so even when parents were complaining. However she felt that it was appropriate to bully other associates or terminate their employment as soon as possible due to personal inconveniences or clashes rather than the quality of the teacher
-Your experience with this company will be very much dependent on where you work as you are working closely with many other people and if you find that you do not get a long with these people it makes the position much more difficult, no matter how top notch the amenities and children are.
Pros
wonderful kids, wonderful ameneties, working closely with others
Cons
poor compensation, poor management, working closely with others
VERY PRODUCTIVE
TEACHER, CLERICAL (Former Employee) –  GROOSE POINTSeptember 11, 2014
I LEARNED A LOT ABOUT OFFICE AND CLERICAL WORK. I ENJOYED DOING ACCOUNTING AND PAY ROLL.
a typical day at work
Lead teacher/Team lead (Current Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIJuly 25, 2014
A typical day at work for me is exciting because I am always busy. during the school year I transport the children to and from school, My day to day activities vary, at times I cook in the kitchen, I answer the phones at the front desk and other times I am in a class room setting. During the summer I run the camp program. I believe that I have great co-workers, being there for nine years you are able to learn so much about individuals, The hardest part of my job is balancing my time between work and home. if there is work that I didn't have an opportunity to finish while at work I bring it home. The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to spend time with the families.
Great place to work with job security, mobility and good pay
Director (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJJuly 11, 2014
I really enjoyed my time with Learning Care Group. I was well-trained for the position and offered a lot of support from my direct supervisor and from the corporate office.

Its a great place for people who value quality and work well by following high standards for education.
Great employees Benefits
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 1, 2014
The Learning Care Group offers great benefits to employees but does not offer good compensation.
Pros
good benefits
Learning Care Group / IT Assist
Facilities Coordinator / IT Assist (Current Employee) –  Novi, MIApril 10, 2014
My typical day is filled with contacting schools nationwide and working with a staff member to connect their laptop remotely so I can connect it to their wireless network.
Pros
learning a new skill
Cons
very time consuming process
Excellent Company
Assistant In Management/Pre-K Teacher (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMarch 13, 2014
Excellent Family Orientated Company who cares for the management and the staff, it reflected in the school and across the board at all of the schools.
Pros
meeting new families rather by tours, or enrollment.
Productive with great work / life balance.
HRIS Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 7, 2014
Superb management, which made the work place enjoyable. Learning how to be a great team player.
One of the worst companies I ever worked for
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Washington stateDecember 2, 2013
I honestly would stay away from this company. Worked for them for a while and have no respect! I have not only done my job which was lead teacher for prek but was also doing all this paperwork like billing, tours, etc for my so called director. Oh i forgot to mention i make breakfast in the morning (with no food handlers Id). I was paid a little over minimum wage but worked my butt off. They can't hire a director let alone keep that director. They hire people who think the job is super easy and don't care about anything but the money. Management sucks..they only care about themselves. Our district manager is out every other week going on cruises and vacations. I have never met someone who was so cold and didn't seem to care about the company. Like I said before stay away from this company unless you like to get paid nothing but work your butt off. I'm so glad I'm leaving this company and starting with a company that actually cares about the employees!
Pros
the kids and other employees
Cons
director, district manager, and everything else about this company