Learning Care Group Employee Reviews

Corporate Office Employee
Full time employee (Current Employee) –  Novi, MIFebruary 7, 2017
Benefits are standard, however, vacation time is prehistoric.
Upper management is very visible and approachable.
Internal promotions are generally available.
Middle Managers seem to be open to suggestions.
Productive and fun workplace
Assistant Teacher (Current Employee) –  Crofton, MDFebruary 2, 2017
I enjoy working for LCG, the staff and Admin are great people to work with and for. It is hard work, because you are responsible for the health and safety of the children, but it is worth it everyday. The parents are wonderful and are very active in their children's learning throughout the day. The management is amazing. They always try to work with you when you need time off to take care of personal things. They will work with you to find a schedule that works for both you and the company.
Pros
good pay, exciting atmosphere, wonderful staff
Cons
long hours, short breaks sometimes, can be mentally tiring
Minimum wage but high expectations.
Teachers Assistance (Former Employee) –  Fairview, ORJanuary 25, 2017
Only part time, snow or ice they expect you to show up, dress code, so many hours of training, middle of the day schedule so you can't have another part time job. All for minimum wage but yet they charge an arm and a leg for daycare?! Having to clock out for lunch and breaks, no real good perks besides discount for your own child daycare if there is availability, and poor break room/storage.
Job insecurity.
former Interim Director/ Education Manager (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 22, 2017
collaborative staff. Job insecurity.
My certification was used to open a closed section of one of the branches and then I was dropped without consideration. The promise to give me a job after the term of service was not met. I was demoted from an Educational manager to a classroom teacher.
Pros
great setting
Cons
One could be taken advantage of.
The only pro is the children
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 11, 2017
Working for this company (La Petite), I learned very quickly that you are not valued as an employee. The job expectation exceeded the job requirements, I didn't feel appreciated, management believed in favoritism, and the list goes on. I'm the type of person to go above and beyond when I work any kind of job. I spent 2 years working there, hoping things would change. I even had a few sit downs with my manager about the con's, but nothing changed. Not to mention, the pay is extremely LOW! The low paycheck was just an additional slap in the face every other week. What kept me there was the children and the relationships I formed with them, but I had to move on. Quiting was the best decision I made and I would not recommend anyone to work for this company.
Pros
Children
Cons
Low Pay, Poor Management, Stressful, No Rewards
Great people lacking enough employees
La Petitie Academy- 4K teacher (Former Employee) –  Waukesha, WIJanuary 10, 2017
Great people to work with but to take off any work day was extremely difficult due to lack of employees and scheduling issues.
Nice place to work
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJanuary 5, 2017
A typical day at work was fun with the kids I learned about how to interact with all different kinds of kids. Management was a little undesirable but my co-workers were amazing. The hardest part of the job was getting the management to recognize the teachers accomplishments. I enjoyed my time with kids the most.
Pros
fun co-workers and exciting lesson plans
Cons
management at times.
Teaching is awesome
Preschool Teacher/Team lead/Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Margate, FLJanuary 3, 2017
I loved being a teacher with this company not because of the actual company but because of the kids! I got to be a kid every day and teach, you cant beat that. I miss being a teacher so much , however I would not work for this company. I would like to work for a privately owned school even though there would be less chance of growth within the company.
Lead Teacher (at 2 different locations)
Teacher (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaDecember 18, 2016
I worked for Childtime and a center that was converting to a Children's Courtyard. I worked with a great co-teacher. At Childtime I ran into an issue and tried to talk with the director, she basically said I was the only one who felt that way (I was the only one who would say anything). I felt I was not listened to, not communicated with and felt like I was being punished. I gave 2 weeks notice and they released me within 2 days. The GM got me transferred to the Children's courtyard. I was mocked (made fun of because I had pneumonia and lost my voice - management talked like I did in front of parents) , degraded, felt left out, no communication, no supplies, etc. I would call to get reports signed and no one ever came. I've had my gallbladder removed so I can't wait as long to use the bathroom. I called for a bathroom break after I waited 20 minutes, she said give me a couple minutes. Over 35 minutes later she came (she was drying dishes in the kitchen with another person). A co-worker came in to give me a lunch break and let me go 5 minutes before she showed up. By then I was sick/nauseous and miserable.

I tried to get my f/t benefits (I was p/t for like 3 months, then f/t for 10) by this time I would have had to work 2 more months to get health insurance and 6 more months to get ANY PTO time. So I was basically penalized because I was p/t. To work a year and a half under these conditions to get benefits?!?! No wonder they can't keep good help.

They never came to check on us. I felt like there was no time for me to talk to them. It could have all been
  more... handled better.  less
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
benefits, poor management
A great company doing great things.
Assistant Montessori Teacher (Current Employee) –  Corinth, TXNovember 29, 2016
Learning Care Group has multiple types of schools and daycares. I worked in two different types of daycares under the company. One was poorly managed and transferred me without asking. The other has been an amazing experience with wonderful co-workers. Management has been easy going and friendly. My schedule has been consistent. I go in to work, sign in, wake children up from nap, feed them snack and then monitor them on the playground and inside the classroom until there parents pick them up. I do diaper changes and potty training as well. My co-workers have become my friends and I have gotten to know all the families of the children. The hardest part of the job would be handling up to 11 toddlers by myself especially when the weather doesn't permit us to go outside. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to know the personalities of all the children and connecting with their families.
Pros
always learning something new, consistent hours, great management, etc.
Cons
it's a hard job but very rewarding.

Want to know more about Learning Care Group?

Ask a question
Learning Care Group facilities don't follow licensing policies and discriminate against those with disabilities who can perform job essentials
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Midlothian, VANovember 23, 2016
It is a very poor work environment to try to work in. I followed the rules obeyed all directions given to me by the lead teacher and I still got screwed over. The directors are a joke because they have their "favorites" and they can get away with anything even if it endangers a small infant or child. I was framed a lot for things that I did not do by a lying coworker who has no class. She had to lie about me to get ahead in her job, but not due to her own talent or hard work. It is a toxic work environment due to the unprofessionalism that is basically in every day care by the Learning Care Group. I really cared for the children and infants and I loved being around them, but the gossip and the favoritism ruined the work experience for me. Before you consider working for this company, please read these reviews because it is very true. I was appalled by being called a name by a coworker who has no business calling anyone names in an infant room. What are you teaching these kids? By calling names to another employee, that is a real positive role model for a teacher to display isn't it? I caught a coworker shopping for Black Friday items on the company IPAD during work hours. I couldn't even enter my work that I was doing due to her shopping on the IPAD. Constant telephone use during company hours in the classroom. Parents please put your children elsewhere!! I am speaking the truth, as well as others.
Pros
Being surrounded by such wonderful infants, children, and parents!
Cons
Unprofessional coworkers, no bathroom breaks, pay is very poor
Lead toddler teacher for Tutor Time
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Vestal, NYNovember 19, 2016
I loved working with the children and planning the daily curriculum, but did not enjoy the terrible disorganization exhibited by the management, lack of communication, low pay, and high expectations. You are expected to write curriculum, fill out many forms daily, complete documentation of learning boards and much more all while caring for children 24/7. You never receive a 10 minute break, and may work over 6 hours straight without a lunch. Management does not care about staff or the children, only about making money. Even getting a bathroom break was a struggle most of the time. Overall you are not paid well for all the work you do daily, the only main benefit is the joy of working with the children and teaching them new things.
Pros
Working with children, freedom to implement different lesson plans, pleasant co-workers
Cons
Management who is disorganized and exhibits terrible communication to employees, low pay, lack of breaks and time to get paperwork done
RUN! Run while you can!
Teacher (Former Employee) –  MissouriOctober 21, 2016
I started out super excited to work here but the negative attitude was apparent. Management is ineffective, unreliable and just generally unhelpful. They're also disrespectful. Teachers lacked supplies and never had clearly defined job boundaries. Lead/Teacher/Assistant all became basically the same. Pay was decent for the area but it wasn't worth it for the stuff you put up with. Essentially, run while you can. The teachers did their best to keep the place clean and well run but it's still awful.
Pros
The kids are great
Cons
Unclean, miserable environment, negative, lack of management
My black hole
Assistant teacher (Current Employee) –  Liverpool, NYOctober 13, 2016
I've worked at Childtime for almost a year and I wish I read a review before I started. I quit my third day and wish I stayed gone. The teachers go against policy and at first when you go to your director she acts like she cares at first but you realize they don't. They will talk bad about you even if you think they don't. Almost a year and I've been a floater, assistant and lead teacher without a degree but still make minimum wage. I had to go to court for them and a woman threatened me at work but I couldn't get a personal day after. I mean most of the kids are treated well but the teachers are not. I do not recommend working here to anyone!
Pros
They wont fire you
Cons
Its a black hole you dont want to get stuck in.
Horrible company and management
Teacher (Former Employee) –  La Petite Academy Las VegasOctober 3, 2016
Get a new human resources department. Scott Temple and Rob Caringi and horrible. They dont resolve issues or return calls, they ignore you. La Petite Academy directors Debra Martinez and Mary Malandrino are the worst. These people should not be in charge of children. Plus the pay is horrible, benefits suck, and the curriculum for children is so bad. Your child will see no benefits going here. DO NOT GO NEAR LEARNING CARE GROUP OR LA PETITE ACADEMY. YOUR CHILD WILL SUFFER LONG TERM RAMIFICATIONS BY GOING THERE. FIND BETTER, they are out there. Your kids will thank you!
Pros
Nice to you initially (its a front)
Cons
Horrible pay, horrible management
Fun workplace and very good management
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Edison, NJAugust 26, 2016
As an assistant teacher I really enjoy my day at tutor time. Management is awesome , I love all my supervisors and co workers. I got hired at a very nice rate, based on my experience in childcare throughout the years. I've only been here for a little over a year, but overall a great place with wonderful children!
Pros
Working with children, great management, good start off rate and benefits.
Cons
I have yet to see my raise 😏
Don't bother filling out an application
floater (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHAugust 25, 2016
This place is one of the worst places you can work. The directors think that they are God's gift to the world. They only give hours to those who they like, and if you kiss up to them you can spend the majority of your time chit chatting in their office. They always tend to overschedule, and if you are not one of the ones that kiss up to them, they will send you to another center, or better yet tell you to go home as soon as you punch in. There is very little opportunity for advancement, and the pay sucks. Totally a waste of time.
Pros
Cons
Scheduling, managment, and not being allow to tell parents about their horrible kids
Don't do it!!
Lead Teacher (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaMay 13, 2016
Everyone is nice to you at first then the claws come out. Lots of favoritism with some employees. While other employees work hard for their stuff and don't get rewarded, others don't do anything and are the best. Lack of professionalism. Benefits are a JOKE. Raises are NON existent. If you can go else where go before you get sucked in into the black hole!
Pros
Working with children
Cons
Benefits, raises, management
An applicant goes in without knowing what they enlisted in- blindfolded
Lead Bilingual Pre-K Teacher (Former Employee) –  Pflugerville, TXFebruary 25, 2016
At first, everyone is nice, everything goes your way. Once management and co-workers learn that you earn way more than they and know more than they do, the person gets stuck. No chance of advancement and demotion takes place. Harassment begins and person is forced to quit and or set up for failure.
The most enjoyable part of the job is working with the children. their innocence is refreshing and their eagerness to learn is rewarding.
Pros
Learned all about Childcare System and enjoyed while working in it.
Cons
Be cautious and alert of giving personal information too soon too quick.
Love the Reggio Environment
Associate Director (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 15, 2015
Typical day at work is supervising a staff of 15+. Making sure breaks & lunches are adhered to. Supporting the Center Director and staff with daily tasks. Following up on parents concerns and questions.
Pros
Warm envirnment
Cons
Not enough hours in the day...

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Learning Care Group. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5