Learning Tree International

Learning Tree International Employee Reviews

Good job
Logistics Manager (Former Employee), Reston, VAJuly 27, 2015
Pros: Good pay
Cons: none
Routine workdays. steady hour and pay. good benefits and retirement options. stock sharing. 9 to 5 job. Good management. Motivated workforce.
Excellent employees in my department.
IT Branch Technician (Current Employee), New York, NYApril 20, 2015
Pros: Medical, 401k, paid time off.
Cons: Some project being deployed before completion.
I worked with great hard working IT people. The Product Development department is excellent at providing assistance to the technicians.

A typical work day involved preparing for the next weeks classes, procuring correct course loads, deploying theses course loads and post deployment configurations. Answer to all support issues in live classes as well as close Tier 2 tickets downgraded to the branch level.

I learned a lot here being that it's an IT training School for Professionals. Python, Active Directory and some System Admin work are some of the tools I picked up here as well as an ability to solve problems and prioritize work in order to meet deadlines.

The hardest part of the job was sometimes we did have missing or conflicting information with regards to the loading of classes. I quickly learned who to contact in order to get the latest info depending on the issue.

I truly enjoyed being in charge of the New York Ed Center and the self reliance it empowered me with. I have gained very valuble experience on this job.
Weird, old fashioned work culture.
Project Coordinator (Current Employee), Reston, VAFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: able to telecommute on rare occasions. pizza parties.
Cons: micromanaging. bad work culture.
The people seem super genuine at first. It's fake. Those that have been there for the longest time hate when young professionals offer more modern and efficient ways to change things. They are stuck in their ways and management has their hand in too many futile things causing a lack of vision and seeing the big picture.
It was a great place to work
OPERATIONS COMPUTER LAB SUPERVISOR (Former Employee), Reston, VAFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: good pay and ok benefits
Cons: could be let go at any time for any reason.
Learning Tree was a fantastic place to work until 2012.
Following the management change there was no longer any concern regarding moral, treatment of the employees, or honestly in running the business. I've never seen a sign telling employees the CEO was taking a nap before.
Layoffs and random firings became the norm. The new employee tests made it difficult to hire anyone with a solid skill set.
The one redeeming factor was the people, outside of the upper management everyone was more or less great.
Fun workplace with many rotating pieces
Inside Sales Account Manager (Former Employee), Reston, VANovember 11, 2014
It is a great place to work with good management in place. The amount of cold calling per day is unsustainable with their clientele.
Very fun place to work, relaxed environment
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee), New YorkOctober 29, 2014
Pros: free breakfast
The atmosphere at Learning Tree International is quiet and relaxed, not to hectic if you manage your time carefully
very enjoyable experience here
Collections Representative, Accounting Assistant (Former Employee), reston vaSeptember 14, 2013
I enjoyed my work experience with this company. I met many fantastic personalities and miss many of my co workers
Excellent training organization
Author and Instructor (Current Employee), WorldwideJuly 25, 2013
Pros: excellent instructor support team
Worldwide education partner.
Learned how to develop great course material.
Excellent Work Atmosphere!!
Corporate Sales Support (Former Employee), Reston, VAApril 30, 2013
Pros: free bagels and donuts each friday, free fruit everday.
A typical day at work was very busy. Lots of exciting logistical issues for our onsite training classes.
I learned that I could count on my coworkers at every turn. They were and are one of the best teams I have ever worked with on a daily basis for almost 6 years.
I will miss the work and the many friends I made there, that made each day at work that much better.

The hardest part of my job, was keeping track of all the one-off training classes with special logistical challenges. i.e., security getting into a facility, background checks for our instructors, just to teach at their location.

One of the most enjoyable aspects of my job, were the folks I worked with on a daily basis. There is no better feeling in the morning, than wanting to go to work, because you enjoy the folks you work with.
Great Job and company
Lead Desktop Support Analyst (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 18, 2012
Pros: free breakfast, friendly environment, healthcare
Manage and Support Education Center computing facilities, including installation, configuration, and maintenance of all classroom hardware and specific course configurations (Cloning machines, configuring LogMeIn Accounts for remote students, additional hardware set up and server configurations, and reliably set up classrooms for Instructors)
Generally employee friendly but with dark secret
are you crazy? (Former Employee), Reston, VAAugust 31, 2011
Cons: micromanaging owner and top execs
Generally employee friendly but with dark "secret": Owner and top execs oversee dysfunctional approval process
Headquarters