Lectrus Employee Reviews in United States

Productive and safe workplace.
Electrician Helper (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJuly 16, 2016
Really enjoyed the family like environment. Very safe and productive workplace. the most enjoyable part of the day was getting rewarded for a job well done.
Great company so far.
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNMay 21, 2015
Not a corporate office environment.
Real family atmosphere.
Good products in a competitive market.
Some chance for advancement for go-getters.
Very good learnning place to start doing electrical work
Electrical Helper (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJanuary 29, 2015
This company was very big and very busy. This job is where I gained most of my electrical experience. This company built substations from the ground up with all new wiring and switchgear. While working here I worked on over 200 plus building setting thousands of pieces of switch gear and running thousands of feet of conduit. Also pulled tons of wire and terminated DCS cabinets and high voltage wire as well as electrical panels.
Pros
good learning job
electricians
electricians (Former Employee) –  chattanoogaNovember 16, 2014
This company is the worst place to work for period. They have the worst managers. Don't care about you or your families you are there slaves and that it. They promise the worldandthen lie about it I work there during the 200 plus employees in chattanoogathen to about50 workers because of mismanagement. Don't work here in less u like getting effed in the ace
Cons
they lie
Human Resources Assistant
Human Resources Assistant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 1, 2014
I would enjoy going to work everyday. I've learned a lot about the business and how the business is ran. I loved to work with my co-workers and interact with different personalities. I think the hardest part about my job was the favoritism and conflicts of interest. The most enjoyable part was making the employees happy and working in a positive company.
Pros
coworkers
Cons
managers
Great people, bad management
IT (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNAugust 27, 2014
The typical day was unique, mostly enjoyable, the work itself was rewarding, and humble in most ways. My field requiring me to work with all departments, I could not say that I have ever had a better group of end users (minus management). I felt working there everyday was a bit like getting to travel meeting the diverse mindsets, and our customers. Management left something to be desired.. After the reformation of the new management, the company became quickly to that of the Egyptian empire. Morale crashed, people became increasingly worried, people quit / fired, positions eliminated.

The mid level management fell shortly after that, followed by the implementation of luacris policies. Write ups became a new company practice for the smallest of things. Write ups for "disruptive moral" was an actual write up.. The company has or had wonderful people that worked there, all dedicated, hard working, good nature, talented people.

The VP level of the company is a complete and utter joke.. You'd find better management in a zoo exhibit. Solutions that would save the company money are ignored, logical business practices thrown aside, and customers unhappy with new policies set into place without consulting or informing customers.

There is way too much to go into detail, other than to say, the company's failures were the complete and utter fault of the management team. The company would have done well if it had not ran away its senior employees, exiled its customers, and made the notion that the company was un replaceable in the market.
Pros
great co-workers, diverse people
Cons
low pay, horrible management, dirty underhanded management practices
Team Atmosphere
Midwest Business Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNAugust 19, 2014
Success is built on teams. Can do attitude between sales and manufacturing.
Stellar Company to work for.
PRODUCTION LEAD/SPECIAL PROJECTS (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 20, 2014
During the course of a 10 hour day, correspond with supervisors in other departments including Engineering, Base, Electrical, Paint, and HR. Working with professionals to guarantee a Quality Product in a timely manor. Learning improved techniques and traits from others to improve products.
Pros
furthering education
Cons
finacial
Over all, business was good upto the end.
Electrician-lead (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 29, 2014
Up to the end, the work day was long hours and enjoyed working with all co-workers. The hardest part of the job was trying to explain to upper management that the electrical pad couldn't make the deadlines unless purchasing ordered all the material that was needed once the job was awarded to the company. When the material finally arrived (about a week or two before the buildings were due for inspection) when the bid stated a certain amount of hours to complete and make deadlines when the customers required their product. The most enjoyable part of the job was the hours even though we were on a very short time frame.
Pros
hours, 401k and medical insurance
Cons
upper management
Great benefits and work life balance
Inside Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNNovember 26, 2013
• Provided support to estimators and the Inside Sales department, while acting as point of service for external customers, account managers, business development managers, and outside sales representatives
• Maintained database/ERP management for all proposals and sales orders
• Implemented intake process of requests for proposals including downloading of requests, specifications, drawings, datasheets, reviewed for complexity, and entered into database for assignment to estimators
• Uploaded proposals, completed datasheets, questionnaires, drawings and other documents for matrix partners
Very poorly managed
Sr Structural Designer (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNOctober 15, 2013
The overall scheme around Lectrus is to make you forget that you have a family, the common motto is "you dont fire a slave". There idea of hiring a manager is pick their buddy or someone they like no matter how little experience they may have. The Engineering manager was picked to manage a dept in turmoil, he was over somewhere around twenty people and had never had a direct report before that time.

They pay well and have decent benefits but run away from this place as fast as you can.......
Pros
benefits are above average
Cons
consider their employees slaves
Electrician
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 7, 2013
Industrial type electrical work where I read a set a prints and was able to install electrical conduit, fittings, lighting and wired.
Pros
lots of overtime
Cons
management
Not well structured or organized!
Welder/House Builder (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 8, 2013
Ok place to work. Not organized. No leadership. Too many people with ideas and opinions but no effort to get things done. Broken promises..
Fast Paced Work place.
Shipping and receiving clerk duties (Former Employee) –  Humble, TXJune 2, 2013
A typical day at Lectrus is very fast paced, loading, and unloading trucks. Pulling material for work in progress, Inventory control.
Pros
the people
Cons
lack of direction if you are new.
It was a fun workplace
Welding Trainee (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNApril 4, 2013
Welding on metal with 0.35 and 0.45 mig wire. I learned how to weld with flux core wire
Undisclosed (Current Employee) –  ChattanoogaMarch 19, 2013
Very much enjoy working here. Benefits and people are great! I believe that any company has to have a system to be fair to all employees and this company does. I feel management in all areas are fair; as well as the "point" system. Also, this company offers classes and training to better yourself in the field you are in, as well as learning additional information.

I love it & look forward to continuing my career at Lectrus!
easy work just not well managed
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJune 7, 2012
Easy work just have to work 24/7. The management is ver wishy washy almost like they don't know whats going on either.
Militant place to work- all Dept!
Designer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 30, 2012
Strict, family & health issues are unimportant no matter what you do for the company, even if you make up the hours. They are on a point system, one SECOND late and you get a point (and there is NO parking for Engineering), call in sick...two points even WITH a Dr. note...you must PLAN yours or your childs illness and give notice of it to not receive them! Sixteen points and you are terminated with no chance for any type of "make-up points".
Everyone is treated like a child, not like a professional. Most of the amazing people I worked with for years have quit or been terminated for points.
They are also the lowest paying Company for Engineering in Houston!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lectrus. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9