Ledcor Employee Reviews

Below average.
Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  AlbertaFebruary 11, 2018
Ledcor does not live up to expectations.

Very high turnover. Favouritism. Gender harassment. Pay cuts.

Credit is not given for work well done.

Workers come last.

I was very happy to leave this company.
Pros
Cons
Not a good employer.
No Loyalty
Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Dryden, ONFebruary 5, 2018
LEDCOR is a place to work while you are looking for a career, they have absolutely no loyalty to their workers, they have no qualms closing work laying off and no loyalty to their employees
Pros
Poor managment
Cons
no loyalty will be layed off with no notice, poor managment
Pretty good money, work a lot of hours
Crew foreman (Shifter) (Former Employee) –  Elko, NVDecember 29, 2017
Was a pretty good job but had to relocate for family reason, I worked up to 6 days a week at 12 hour days with 1.5 hour each way travel time to the job site. I was promoted too foreman in under a year so if you are qualified, work hard and are a very safe employee I believe you will have a good experience at Led cor.

watch your own back
Field Services Technician (LV4) (Former Employee) –  Nevada, CADecember 3, 2017
I was the hardest working technician in the country.
It was a great job. I am loyal to opportunities, I learned a lot, I wish I still had my job.

I will not say anything against the company that allowed me such an incredible opportunity.
Great palce
Consultant/Contractor (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurrayOctober 9, 2017
Very enjoyable technical operation that was managed very well. I look forward to contracting with this company again. further, I would recommend any position with Ledcor to anyone.
Great Company
Senior Project Accountant (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CASeptember 6, 2017
A great Company to work for. Great Benefits, great pay. Everyone is a team player. Your typical day is an 8 hr work day. They have web classes on a weekly basis to teach you different aspects of the business.
Very employee and client focused workplace
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 8, 2017
Ledcor defined everything that stood for success. Unfortunately, my employment was terminated due to dissolution in the US. They continue to enjoy success in Canada, but the local market failed to support our infrastructure. Nothing but respect and love for the people and the organization.....Great Company!
Pros
Breakroom amenities
Major Restructing going on
Project engineer (Former Employee) –  San DiegoJuly 21, 2017
Typical day starts at 6am and ends at 5pm. There is no work life balance. Hire local and then assign you to projects 1.5 hours away. Company has lost many key clients over the years. Advancement is based on who you know not the best qualified.
Pros
Large company
Cons
No Work life balance
Overall Ledcor takes care of their people
Senior Director, Corporate Accounts (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAJune 29, 2017
Ledcor has a good work life balance depending on the clients and accounts you are working on. Management has been supportive and always worked to let staff have their personal time. Ledcor is also supportive of the communities they live and work in.
The hardest part of the job...
Field Technician II (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 18, 2017
On call 24/7, 365 days a week takes a toll on you mentally and physically. To management, it was safety first. But really, it was customer first. If you didn't sleep 24hrs straight, did not matter to them.
Pros
Worked from home.
Cons
All day on the road.
No guidance, just figure it out.
Telecommunications Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Mona, UTApril 26, 2017
This company sticks you out there without the proper tools or training to figure it out on your own. And at the same time have in place overwhelming controls like GPS and digital reports for every day and job.
good company
Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Fallon, NVJanuary 30, 2017
good company. low pay being a contractor. worked alot of hours. contract was ending so i left. overall decent company with ok management
Canadian Company ran by U.S. citizens
HSE Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Eureka, NVJanuary 11, 2017
A typical day consists of mine site inspections, data entry from all inspections of management team, Site training for vendors, vendor inspections, accident investigations, drug testing and MSHA Certification training.

I learned the requirements set forth to a contractor working on a mine site which I had not been a part of before.

Management team struggled working with the other contractors on site.

Co-workers were mixed. Since it was a new mine, in a small town, many were fighting for survival. This contractor had a history of hiring at a low wage bringing in the inexperienced operators with a small amount of experienced on site. This caused unsafe acts to occur and many did not trust the management team.

The hardest part of this job was working in an environment where the management team openly did not want me on site.

The most enjoyable part of the job was conducting inspections with the owners and the other contractors.
Pros
Gave new operators an opportunity to learn a new skill
Cons
Too many risks were taken to prove worth
professional
General Labourer/Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort hills albertaJuly 16, 2016
A very safe company that works at a professional level everyday. I learned a lot from the people at ledcor and the work atmosphere that makes one look forward to going to work,I would suggest this company to anyone seeking a professional job with great people.
Pros
the people
Job stability
Oiler/Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Carlin, NVMarch 8, 2016
Long hours, over time was given and pay was reasonable for the work that was required. Management was easy to work with. Advancement was available, and training was available for new equipment.
Pros
overtime, and pay
Cons
time off
A Verrv good place to work. Has all the latest soft ware
Job Superintendent (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 20, 2015
a friendly place to work. Well run company , up to date with all the new soft ware
The project managers let you run the job with little interference
ok
Haul Truck Driver/Blade/16H Grader (Former Employee) –  Elko, NVNovember 13, 2015
The people I worked with were great. It was a safe company to work for, but money wasn't very good and there was no raises or advancement
Pros
it was a job
Cons
didn't give raises
Employee oreinted Company
Senior Vice President - U.S. Mainland (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 11, 2015
Excellent Company to work, very employee friendly. I learned many skills in executive management

The staff was great and I miss them
They operate like a non-profit organization
estimator (Former Employee) –  Las VegasSeptember 14, 2015
Micro Management - nothing can happen until it comes from the top and filters down.

Missing opportunities in Hawaii and the Hawaii office does not have any business nor are they trying to find any opportunists.
Pros
Office
Cons
top down management, very old attitudes and business approach
Great company. Very people oriented & professional
Sr. Survey/Geomatics Manager (Current Employee) –  Copperas Cove, TXAugust 28, 2015
Absolutely a great organization to work with.
The executives are hands-on and very approachable.
The management staff from upper to mid are very pleasant people to work and be associated with.
Totally enjoyable even though away from home 75% of the time
Pros
100% subsistence, All travel and expenses are company sponsered and financed.
Cons
Long periods away from home

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ledcor. Our community is ready to answer.