Ledcor Employee Reviews in United States

ok
Haul Truck Driver/Blade/16H Grader (Former Employee) –  Elko, NVNovember 13, 2015
The people I worked with were great. It was a safe company to work for, but money wasn't very good and there was no raises or advancement
Pros
it was a job
Cons
didn't give raises
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Elko, NVAugust 16, 2015
I would issue purchase orders, order office supplies, answer the phone, distribute mail, update fuel sheets, make travel arrangements for the Mine Ops Manager. I was the only person in the office full time for the last year of employment. The hardest part of the job was the last few months there was not a lot of work for the company so it was hard to find things to do. I really loved everything about the job, the company was great to work for my boss was great and treated me well and with respect.
Pros
Great people to work with.
Cons
Not much work to keep busy the last few months the office was open.
Issues with management
Project coordinator (Former Employee) –  TxAugust 8, 2015
Horrible company to work for.
It's who you know and everyone is related. Hated going to work supervisor was always coming in late long lunches and always on smoke break
Cons
Favoritism, management word over hourly
Good company to work for
Project Superintendent (Current Employee) –  Selma, NSOctober 13, 2014
Very competitive company with great safety culture. Would recommend them to others.
was not a good compey
Field/Telecom Technician (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 24, 2014
it was not good to work for ledcor management was not on your side
Pros
not good
Cons
not good
mining, not much else to say.
Lube Tech (Former Employee) –  Elko, NVDecember 21, 2013
typical day at work was fueling and oiling large mining equipment, as well as doing the general maintenance on them.
learned the different weights of oil, as well as how to work with pieces of machinery big enough to kill me if not handled exactly right.
the upper management (and most immediate management) continuously showed that they didn't care for the crews, just the numbers.
my co-workers are what made me go back everyday, they were fantastic and so funny. they definitely made that job.
the hardest part of the job was the schedule. 5 days working day shift, 2 days off, 5days on nights, 3 days off (only 2 actually due to the carry over on one of the days.).
the best part of the job was definitely the money on payday.
Pros
the job
Cons
management, hours, weather
Good Co. to work for
Civil Foreman (Former Employee) –  Arizona and TexasNovember 8, 2013
Great experience working with Ledcor . A lot of travel, learned a lot about how heavy civil work is done in other states.
Pros
great pay & benefits
Cons
long hrs, every weekend, bad weather
I loved working at Ledcor it was a good job for me. The pay and benefits were really good.
Picker/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Carlin, NVNovember 5, 2013
A typical day at work was 12 hours long, some days it went fast other days really slow. Some good days and some bad days. Some of the management there were really good at there job but the other ones were just okay. The hardest part of my day would have to be when we didn't have anything to do but just sit there and wait. I like to work hard. The most enjoyable part of my job there was when I got paid and seeing my sons face light up every time he saw my check. I loved it because I knew I had worked hard for it.
Awesome
Equipment Operator/ Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXAugust 31, 2013
Miss working for the guys I was with. Ran equipment and the management was good to us.
Pros
environment. allowed to gain experience.
Cons
contract company.
Director of Business Operations (Current Employee) –  Roseburg, ORMarch 27, 2013
Very progressive, forward thinking business! Great people to work for/with.
A day at Ledcor
Picker/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Carlin, NVMarch 15, 2013
A typical day at Ledcor would be like this. It start's by getting up at 4:30 im the morning and getting ready for work, We then get to work by 6:10 in the morning, we have our safety meeting and we find out what everyone is going to do. When it come's to me I pick meikle. The day is 12 hour's long. Some time's it is boring and some time's it quick and fun. The best part of the job was being able to go home to my family at the end of the day safe.
Pros
good pay
Cons
long days
poor company to work for
Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Elko, NVJanuary 5, 2013
Moving earth from stock piles to crushers, learned how to operate heavy equipment. Management was poor very high turn over rate no loyalty to employees
Pros
good place to start
Cons
management was poor very high turn over rate no loyalty to employees

Comment – April 12, 2013

Yes I agree ridicules amount of favouritism and experience means nothing. Formans busy sleeping or trying to sleep with employees

Productive and Positive work environment
Lead excavator operator on excavation crew (Current Employee) –  Copperas Cove / Kileen TexasOctober 12, 2012
Work Day starts with a team meting
Saftey and the info for the day and days ahead
the management are good leaders and have helped further my career
we all interact and work well together we are all part off the team
the hardest part is the traffic do to the road we are builing
the most enjoyable part is getting to see my family again
Pros
healthcare
Cons
texas heat
Excellent learning and self growth
1st Year pipefitter-steamfitter apprentice (Former Employee) –  Suncor- Firebag ProjectJanuary 16, 2012
Was a very good experience. People working there were friendly and very helpful. If I had any questions they were glad to help. Also if your willing to learn they would send me off with a fitter and do different jobs everyday. Great great learning experience enjoyed my time there. The G F and our foreman I couldn't of asked for any better.