Ledcor

Ledcor Employer Reviews

was not a good compey
Field/Telecom Technician (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZFebruary 24, 2014
Pros: not good
Cons: not good
it was not good to work for ledcor management was not on your side
mining, not much else to say.
Lube Tech (Former Employee), Elko, NVDecember 21, 2013
Pros: the job
Cons: management, hours, weather
typical day at work was fueling and oiling large mining equipment, as well as doing the general maintenance on them.
learned the different weights of oil, as well as how to work with pieces of machinery big enough to kill me if not handled exactly right.
the upper management (and most immediate management) continuously showed that they didn't care for the crews, just the numbers.
my co-workers are what made me go back everyday, they were fantastic and so funny. they definitely made that job.
the hardest part of the job was the schedule. 5 days working day shift, 2 days off, 5days on nights, 3 days off (only 2 actually due to the carry over on one of the days.).
the best part of the job was definitely the money on payday.
Good Co. to work for
Civil Foreman (Former Employee), Arizona and TexasNovember 8, 2013
Pros: great pay & benefits
Cons: long hrs, every weekend, bad weather
Great experience working with Ledcor . A lot of travel, learned a lot about how heavy civil work is done in other states.
I loved working at Ledcor it was a good job for me. The pay and benefits were really good.
Picker/Laborer (Former Employee), Carlin, NVNovember 5, 2013
A typical day at work was 12 hours long, some days it went fast other days really slow. Some good days and some bad days. Some of the management there were really good at there job but the other ones were just okay. The hardest part of my day would have to be when we didn't have anything to do but just sit there and wait. I like to work hard. The most enjoyable part of my job there was when I got paid and seeing my sons face light up every time he saw my check. I loved it because I knew I had worked hard for it.
Awesome
Equipment Operator/ Truck Driver (Former Employee), Amarillo, TXAugust 31, 2013
Pros: environment. allowed to gain experience.
Cons: contract company.
Miss working for the guys I was with. Ran equipment and the management was good to us.
Director of Business Operations (Current Employee), Roseburg, ORMarch 27, 2013
Very progressive, forward thinking business! Great people to work for/with.
A day at Ledcor
Picker/Laborer (Former Employee), Carlin, NVMarch 15, 2013
Pros: good pay
Cons: long days
A typical day at Ledcor would be like this. It start's by getting up at 4:30 im the morning and getting ready for work, We then get to work by 6:10 in the morning, we have our safety meeting and we find out what everyone is going to do. When it come's to me I pick meikle. The day is 12 hour's long. Some time's it is boring and some time's it quick and fun. The best part of the job was being able to go home to my family at the end of the day safe.
poor company to work for
Equipment Operator (Former Employee), Elko, NVJanuary 5, 2013
Pros: good place to start
Cons: management was poor very high turn over rate no loyalty to employees
Moving earth from stock piles to crushers, learned how to operate heavy equipment. Management was poor very high turn over rate no loyalty to employees

April 12, 2013

Yes I agree ridicules amount of favouritism and experience means nothing. Formans busy sleeping or trying to sleep with employees

Productive and Positive work environment
Lead excavator operator on excavation crew (Current Employee), Copperas Cove / Kileen TexasOctober 12, 2012
Pros: healthcare
Cons: texas heat
Work Day starts with a team meting
Saftey and the info for the day and days ahead
the management are good leaders and have helped further my career
we all interact and work well together we are all part off the team
the hardest part is the traffic do to the road we are builing
the most enjoyable part is getting to see my family again
Excellent learning and self growth
1st Year pipefitter-steamfitter apprentice (Former Employee), Suncor- Firebag ProjectJanuary 16, 2012
Was a very good experience. People working there were friendly and very helpful. If I had any questions they were glad to help. Also if your willing to learn they would send me off with a fitter and do different jobs everyday. Great great learning experience enjoyed my time there. The G F and our foreman I couldn't of asked for any better.
prductive fun workplace
Skilled labourer, Equipment operator (Former Employee), Kitimat, BCJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: great camp
Cons: end of work
Good management, Great company to work for, fun and productive workplace
camp lot to do
heavy equipment operator (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: camp
Cons: 12 hour days
12 hour dayslot of safety,good management,nice people to work with,working on steep slopes,really good bunch of guys to work with
needs better commumition in place,18 min interview for job.???
Heavy Duty Mechanic (Former Employee), Whitecourt, ABJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: growing company, enjoyable people
Cons: long work hours, ask alot of questions on what is to be completed
i dont know of any place that will hire you in an 18 min interview..but they did.In all the years of working for different companys that was an eyeopener,,strange but true,all in all the company has a strong background are generally good to work for,,
Overall, a good company to work for
4th year Electrician (Former Employee), 4th year ElectricianDecember 19, 2014
I enjoyed my experience with this company. Safe environment, nice accommodations. Travel to and from site was easy and completely taken care of. Overall, management was good, accommodating and approachable. No major complaints, working for this company. Work at a few sites for them and would/will work with them again.
Day at work
Civil Quality Control coordinator (Current Employee), Fort McMurray, ABDecember 8, 2014
Review all testing and inspections performed during the shift.
Coordinate with construction, inspections required and verify as per ITP.
Communicate with Quality Manager and Project Manager of all Quality issues.
Review and compile all documents with Document Control.
Review Survey As-Builts.
Good people, always different tasks
Apprentice Heavy Equipment Technician/Serviceman (Former Employee), Fort McMurrayNovember 29, 2014
We have a large fleet of equipment so there was always something new to do or learn. Most of the journeymen came from very different locations or backgrounds, so they had a large breadth of knowledge and experience.
company culture
labourer/pipefitter apprentice (Former Employee), Christina Lake, ABNovember 24, 2014
not bad had too many foreigners working and not enough canadian boys too were the1st to go to wen layoffs came other than that ok to work for
Great crews
Operator/Lead Hand (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABNovember 21, 2014
Crews were great, but the company seemed to be a bit top heavy in management. The resources that we had were great do to the size of the company
Its a nice place to work. All the teams work together.
B Pressure Welder (Current Employee), Nisku, ABOctober 29, 2014
we use to do pipe fabrication. I've never got any repair on my weld joint.
Great place to work and learn. Just wish it was long term.
Rigid Frame Haul Truck Driver (Former Employee), Fort MacMurray, AlbertaOctober 22, 2014
Pros: camp life was good for me.
Cons: expensive plane fares.
In the construction field, the business is feast or famine. I would have liked to work till retirement. I really enjoyed the job.

1 2 3 4 5

About Ledcor

The Ledcor Group of Companies is one of North America’s most diversified construction companies, serving the building, oil – Read more