Lee's Summit Medical Center Employee Reviews in United States

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
A very friendly place. Very family orientated
Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Lee's SummitJanuary 22, 2015
A typical day at work consisted of me going to my mentor and receiving my jobs for the day. Usually they consisted of creating a power point to be shown in the cafeteria, editing a brochure for some department in the hospital, or I would receive some activities to give to the volunteers. As the marketing intern I was put in charge of the volunteers of the hospital. I decided who was eligible to volunteer by going through applications turned in my residents and I gave them jobs to do during their time.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the Health Fair. My mentor and I were the ones that planned, prepared, and ran the fair. I was in charge of calling vendors and creating posters to put out for the fair. The hardest part was the set up and organization of making sure all the vendors had a table provided and the hallways were still clear for wheelchairs and emergency scenarios.
All my co-workers were very energetic and willing to answer any question that I had. I walked a way from this internship with new friendships.
This was my first Excecutive position
Executive Chef (Former Employee) –  Lees Summit, MOSeptember 21, 2012
I was the chef over the kitchen where I made the menus the schedule, specials menus. Created professional work environment for the employees and the clients to be comfortable in. I really learned a lot and made a lot of mistakes as a professional chef. I really didn't know how to manage at tat level at that time. The best part of that job was learning from my mistakes.
Pros
free food
Cons
breaks and insurance
Love my job!!!
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Lees summit, MOJune 17, 2013
I love the work I do and the people I work with... Needing something with more hours.