We are looking for an experienced Project Manager to act as Owner Authorized Representative (OAR) on a large school construction program. Experience managing large scale IT infrastructure installation projects preferred.
- Manages, oversees and coordinates all facets of the construction phase of a school facility project including mobilization, construction, and closeout.
- Plans, organizes, directs and reports project management activities and progress to upper management.
- Coordinates with all pertinent public agencies during construction to comply with all off-site work.
- Manages both the project budget and schedule to meet the District’s qualitative standards.
- Performs day-to-day contract administration including assisting the Senior Project Managers in bid analysis, pre-construction meetings and related award coordinating activities.
- Reviews contractors’ initial construction schedule, submittals, schedule of values, and responds to contractor inquiries.
- Manages and coordinates project team, District staff, and contractors in communicating directives and ensuring the project scope is built according to plans, specifications, and cost limits.
- Reviews substitution submittals from contractors to ensure specification requirements are met
- Responds to requests for clarification from contractors and keeps a log of such requests.
- Negotiates with contractors to achieve a fair and reasonable cost for change orders and reviews their impact on the project
- Rejects defective work.
- Reviews and monitors applications for payment, and performs fiscal management of project resources
- Administers provisions of Professional Service Agreements between architects and the District.
- Coordinates District delivery of related fixtures, furniture and equipment.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- 10 years experience in Project/Construction Management of Commercial and/or Public/Educational Facility Construction with full responsibility for coordinating complex projects with construction values in excess of $15M.
- Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized college or university in Engineering, Architecture, or Construction Management.
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE, LICENSES AND CERTIFICATES
- Experience managing large scale IT infrastructure installation projects.
- Experience utilizing Building Information Modeling (BIM).
- Experience with Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) certified projects and/or the Collaborative for High Performing Schools (CHPS).
- Experience with Division of the State Architect (DSA) construction/design processes preferred.
- A valid Certificate of Registration as a Professional Engineer or licensed Architect in the State of California or a valid Certified Construction Manager (CCM) credential by the Construction Manager Certification Institute (CMCI).
Indeed - 24 months ago
The Lee Andrews Group (LA Group) provides unique expertise and perspectives on matters involving the California Coastal Act and Commission....