We are looking for an experienced Project Manager to act as Owner Authorized Representative (OAR) on a large school construction program. Experience managing large scale IT infrastructure installation projects preferred.
- Manages, oversees and coordinates all facets of the construction phase of a school facility project including mobilization, construction, and closeout.
- Plans, organizes, directs and reports project management activities and progress to upper management.
- Coordinates with all pertinent public agencies during construction to comply with all off-site work.
- Manages both the project budget and schedule to meet the District’s qualitative standards.
- Performs day-to-day contract administration including assisting the Senior Project Managers in bid analysis, pre-construction meetings and related award coordinating activities.
- Reviews contractors’ initial construction schedule, submittals, schedule of values, and responds to contractor inquiries.
- Manages and coordinates project team, District staff, and contractors in communicating directives and ensuring the project scope is built according to plans, specifications, and cost limits.
- Reviews substitution submittals from contractors to ensure specification requirements are met
- Responds to requests for clarification from contractors and keeps a log of such requests.
- Negotiates with contractors to achieve a fair and reasonable cost for change orders and reviews their impact on the project
- Rejects defective work.
- Reviews and monitors applications for payment, and performs fiscal management of project resources
- Administers provisions of Professional Service Agreements between architects and the District.
- Coordinates District delivery of related fixtures, furniture and equipment.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- 10 years experience in Project/Construction Management of Commercial and/or Public/Educational Facility Construction with full responsibility for coordinating complex projects with construction values in excess of $15M.
- Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized college or university in Engineering, Architecture, or Construction Management.
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE, LICENSES AND CERTIFICATES
- Experience managing large scale IT infrastructure installation projects.
- Experience utilizing Building Information Modeling (BIM).
- Experience with Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) certified projects and/or the Collaborative for High Performing Schools (CHPS).
- Experience with Division of the State Architect (DSA) construction/design processes preferred.
- A valid Certificate of Registration as a Professional Engineer or licensed Architect in the State of California or a valid Certified Construction Manager (CCM) credential by the Construction Manager Certification Institute (CMCI).
The Lee Andrews Group (LA Group) provides unique expertise and perspectives on matters involving the California Coastal Act and Commission....