Lee College Employee Reviews

Security
office assistant (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXApril 12, 2017
You get to patrol the campus, get to meet a lot of people from different walks of life. You also get discounts from the cafeteria and other things like free tickets for the plays.
Flexible and fun workplace
Admissions office Student Hire (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXApril 6, 2017
From the very first day I was thrown in there learning how to scan incoming documents and how to index them to the right ID numbers. The first thing you do after you clock in is check the front for documents. Everyday around noon you get the mail sort it and distribute it to the proper person. The management was great they are very understanding and worked with me really well. The hardest part about the job would be scanning in colored documents or darker documents that require a different setting for them to scan through right. The most enjoyable part of my job was getting to work with amazing people and all the parties we had there was always food in the office.
Very organized
Welding Instructor (Current Employee) –  Baytown, TXApril 2, 2017
I enjoy working there even if it is part time. Lee College is very organized in their welding program. They have a new facility that is state of art. I want to teach there full time but there are budget constraints and enrollment is down.
Pros
Very organized
Cons
It is only art-time
Great people and an organized office
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Baytown, TXMarch 8, 2017
Fax, copy, organize and file papers.check mail, deliver documents,restock supplies,answer phones & take messages.The people are the most enjoyable pt.
Pros
They work with my school schedule and allow me to do homework on slow days
Cons
I wish there was more work that I could help with but I am only an assistant
It was okay
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXFebruary 28, 2017
Honestly hated it. There just wasn't enough work to do to keep my interest. That's just a personal issue though. I need fast-paced work.
Outgoing
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXFebruary 10, 2017
I learned a lot of things especially computer work like putting things in the system .

The most enjoyable part of my job was having an office to myself and answering phone calls .
Pros
Everyone was nice and well manner
Cons
No Benefits
Life at Lee College
Faculty Instructor (Current Employee) –  Baytown, TXDecember 24, 2016
It's a wonder place to work for with great people. I love our students and the services we provide. My co-workers are hard working and a joy to be with.
Pros
Summer and Winter breaks
Cons
Poor pay
Student and Student Assistant
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXNovember 19, 2016
As I fill both roles at the school, I can profess the greatness of this organization. I work and matriculate with an excellent group of students, faculty and staff.
Pros
Relaxed environment
Cons
Student assistant pay
Great work environment
Secretary/Teacher's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXSeptember 23, 2016
I worked for a year and a half and was not allowed to receive a pay increase due to policy. There were people who were receiving the same pay and praise without doing the work. I was managing several activities, classes, and other work, while another student was sitting on their phone in the game room.
Pros
Making connections with faculty
Cons
equality between student jobs
Incredible experience with flexible hours
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Baytown, TXApril 24, 2016
Having worked at Lee College for two years, I learned an immense amount of responsibility due to the nature of the jobs that I had during my time there. My supervisors were always nice and willing to work with me considering I am a college student taking multiple classes. The job there never felt like work because I always enjoyed what I did, and I loved tutoring hundreds of students during my time there.
Good Work Study Job
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXMarch 22, 2016
I rated this job low due to the fact that it is a work student program and to be very honest I feel I was worked too hard due to the fact I was cheap labor.
Lee College
Lee College Intern - IT Support (Current Employee) –  Baytown, TXMarch 9, 2016
Lee College is a great place to work. The staff and instructors really care for the student's success. The atmosphere at Lee College is exciting and uplifting.
Pros
Excellent instructors and the staff are always uplifting
Cons
Not enough parking space
Excellent for students
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXFebruary 13, 2016
Working for the engineering professor really helped me learn more about programming and robotics. I developed programs that were used in class and outreach events.
Pros
Nonstop learning
Cons
Little time for homework
Very good
Gym Monitor (Current Employee) –  Baytown, TXFebruary 10, 2016
The environment is relaxed and the Wellness Coordinator is very flexible when it comes to class schedules. Co workers are also fun to be around and work with.
Student Assistant
Student Assistant-Admissions (Current Employee) –  Baytown, TXDecember 18, 2015
Working as a student assistant you feel as if your part of Lee but there is no guarantee that you will have a job when you contract is up.
Good place to work and felt I was contributing to students who were furthering their education.
Buyer (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXNovember 8, 2015
Worked each day primarily looking over requests that were made through the PeopleSoft system buy campus employees. Each department would submit their needs and also additional quotes if required (per dollar value). Some vendors were accepted by the state of Texas (through bidding process); others were required to get quotes through our office. Co-workers were those in my own office (Director of Purchasing and clerk) but working with the entire campus was also a daily duty.
Pros
Great benefits and working with supportive staff.
Cons
Sometimes hours were long to complete all tasks.
Good instructers and good environment for learning
instrumentation (Current Employee) –  Baytown, TXNovember 8, 2015
Overall lee college is a great place to learn. Staff is very helpful. I feel i have learned alot in my chosen field. The professors were all great. Easy to work with and learn.
Pros
HELP DESK
Cons
NONE
Productive Workplace with pool tables
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXSeptember 16, 2015
My typical day at work starts at three o'clock ends at seven o'clock. I show up on time and punch in. Great work place that teaches you teamwork, organization skills and commitment.My co-workers great people to work with. Hardest part of this job is that their is not much movement. The most enjoyable part of my job is that I get to do my homework and relax.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Must be enrolled in school
Great place to help get you started in life.
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXSeptember 13, 2015
People are friendly and willing to help you no matter the problem so it makes you feel like you are part of the company. Teaches you how to prepare yourself for the task at hand.
Pros
Instructors are willing to help.
Enjoyed the people
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXAugust 28, 2015
I was a custodian and my education was free and I really enjoyed that part of this job. Time off wasn't bad either. This is a two college and getting my basics out the way free was very nice. Its a good company to work for and would love to return as a full-time employee in another dept of course.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lee College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3