Lee College Employee Reviews in United States

Good place to work and felt I was contributing to students who were furthering their education.
Buyer (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXNovember 8, 2015
Worked each day primarily looking over requests that were made through the PeopleSoft system buy campus employees. Each department would submit their needs and also additional quotes if required (per dollar value). Some vendors were accepted by the state of Texas (through bidding process); others were required to get quotes through our office. Co-workers were those in my own office (Director of Purchasing and clerk) but working with the entire campus was also a daily duty.
Pros
Great benefits and working with supportive staff.
Cons
Sometimes hours were long to complete all tasks.
Positive environment with great co-workers
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXJuly 16, 2015
Each day I would organize received packages and deliver them to employees of the college. I also filed papers in an office. My co-workers were a lot of fun and caring about each person's life in the job as well as outside. The hardest part was the heavy lifting of packages and pallets of paper. I enjoyed delivering packages to each person and getting to know each person and learning something new about them each time. Also, once the duties were completed we were able to play a few games of pool or ping pong in the game room.
Pros
Sometimes we received free breakfast or lunch and were able to enjoy the game room
Cons
There weren't any benefits because I was on work study, but i enjoyed my time there
Lee College
Lee College Intern - IT Support (Current Employee) –  Baytown, TXMarch 9, 2016
Lee College is a great place to work. The staff and instructors really care for the student's success. The atmosphere at Lee College is exciting and uplifting.
Pros
Excellent instructors and the staff are always uplifting
Cons
Not enough parking space
Excellent for students
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXFebruary 13, 2016
Working for the engineering professor really helped me learn more about programming and robotics. I developed programs that were used in class and outreach events.
Pros
Nonstop learning
Cons
Little time for homework
Good Work Study Job
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXMarch 22, 2016
I rated this job low due to the fact that it is a work student program and to be very honest I feel I was worked too hard due to the fact I was cheap labor.
Very good
Gym Monitor (Current Employee) –  Baytown, TXFebruary 10, 2016
The environment is relaxed and the Wellness Coordinator is very flexible when it comes to class schedules. Co workers are also fun to be around and work with.
Student Assistant
Student Assistant-Admissions (Current Employee) –  Baytown, TXDecember 18, 2015
Working as a student assistant you feel as if your part of Lee but there is no guarantee that you will have a job when you contract is up.
Productive Workplace with pool tables
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXSeptember 16, 2015
My typical day at work starts at three o'clock ends at seven o'clock. I show up on time and punch in. Great work place that teaches you teamwork, organization skills and commitment.My co-workers great people to work with. Hardest part of this job is that their is not much movement. The most enjoyable part of my job is that I get to do my homework and relax.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Must be enrolled in school
Good instructers and good environment for learning
instrumentation (Current Employee) –  Baytown, TXNovember 8, 2015
Overall lee college is a great place to learn. Staff is very helpful. I feel i have learned alot in my chosen field. The professors were all great. Easy to work with and learn.
Pros
HELP DESK
Cons
NONE
Great place to help get you started in life.
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXSeptember 13, 2015
People are friendly and willing to help you no matter the problem so it makes you feel like you are part of the company. Teaches you how to prepare yourself for the task at hand.
Pros
Instructors are willing to help.
Enjoyed the people
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXAugust 28, 2015
I was a custodian and my education was free and I really enjoyed that part of this job. Time off wasn't bad either. This is a two college and getting my basics out the way free was very nice. Its a good company to work for and would love to return as a full-time employee in another dept of course.
Fun learning experience
Manually Operated Lee College Pilot (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXJuly 20, 2015
Learning to turn on utilities such as water, air, and steam to the unit. The proper reading of instruments to separate the components in a binary mixture.
Pros
Hands on experience
Cons
Small equipiment compared to whats really in the plants
It was fun for what it was
Media Clerk (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXJuly 28, 2015
all I had to do was set up 50 laptops for testing a couple days a week. It was exhausting setting them up and taking them down
I was a good working environment, you are able to schedule around your classes!
Lee College Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXSeptember 26, 2012
A typical days work for the Lee College Ambassador is generally energy packed and full interesting events and opportunities. I learned to conduct campus tours, which in turn allowed me to become a leader. My management a co-workers tended to be a bit unorthadox and immature, but it was nothing that I couldn't overcome. The hardest part of the job was the lack of communication on the managements' end, they would often assign jobs and then fail specify what exactly needed to be done. The most enjoyable part of the job, I feel was being allowed to express myself and develop into a hard working individual.
Pros
$500 scholarship!
Cons
lack of communication!
Lee College is a good place to work.
Performing Arts Production Specialist (Current Employee) –  Baytown, TXApril 11, 2014
Busy work days but the day goes by quicker.
I learned a lot about purchasing equipment.
Management could use some coaching in HOW to manage.
Co-Workers are good for the most part.
The hardest thing about my job is that it is only me. I dont get the help i need.
Most enjoyable part about my job is that i meet different people everyday.
Pros
i get to travel a lot.
Cons
needs new management.
Fun place to work since I was a student at the time
Math Tutor (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXMarch 25, 2015
Math is and always has been my favorite subject. I enjoyed helping others see past the misunderstanding of math. If they couldn't understand, I would explain the math in many different ways until there was a more clear understanding. I tutored all the way up to a calculus II level.
Teaching in a college that is leader in Foundation Fieldbus Technology.
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Foundation Fieldbus CenterOctober 31, 2013
It is a great pleasure and opportunity teaching at one of the high ranked colleges. I have great professional instructors around me who have come from diverse industries carrying valuable experiences and share them with all.

The management team are the most scholars I have ever seen during my working years.
Fun place to work while in college
Computer Installation Repair Technician Intern (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXAugust 29, 2014
 Provide computer hardware and software maintenance, rebuilds, backups and updates
 Perform software updates to include: virus removal, Windows software upgrades
 Install drivers, motherboards, RAM-recommend upgrades to current computer hardware
 Troubleshoot computer issues and discuss options with customers to advise available options
 Process parts ordering-verify Manufacturer Warranty services-research parts, quality and pricing options
 Maintain accurate documentation to track computer intakes and repair orders-implemented labeling and tracking system for computer repairs
Pros
learned a lot on the job and enjoyed the hands on aspect of things
Cons
no cons
Learning Opportunity limitless
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXJanuary 1, 2015
Check database for listed books to be removed from shelves, I learned great organizational skills. What I loved most about this job is my manager had no problem making sure she was available to answer and assist any questions I had and was happy to go above and beyond teaching us more than we needed to know.
Pros
very pleasant environment everyone work together very well
Cons
only allowed to work 19hr a week through work-study program
Computer Technician Internship
Computer Repair Technician (Intern) (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TxOctober 21, 2012
As an intern Computer Technician I learned something new everyday. Instructors created an amazing system of real world learning. The colleges allows customers both faculty and local community to bring in their computers with issues. During a typical work day, I troubleshoot issues dealing with hardware and software for customers. Some examples are, motherboard installation,screen removal,classroom lab creation, virus removal, and some network installations.
Pros
hands on training, real world experience

4.3