Lee County

Lee County Employer Reviews

Never boring and expect the unexpected job
Pretrial Intake Officer Team Lead (Current Employee), Downtown Fort MyersJuly 21, 2014
Pros: free food (not always eatable), great working environment, great working people around, safe place to work.
Cons: 12 hours shifts could get to you at times, sleeping during the day-time hours could be a challenge at times
1. Getting computer powered up and all the needed data bases needed to investigate peoples criminal histories and demographic information.
2. Review all paperwork from day shift to ensure it is accurate and mistakes free in preparation for the morning court presenter to provide necessary information to the First Appearance judge.
3. Pleasant working – more... environment between myself and my co-workers. We all work very well together and get things done on time, and accurately. We support each other very well. Excellent rapport with Correction Officers as well, which make all our responsibilities a lot more manageable and free-flowing.
4. Hardest part of the job could be expecting the paperwork we receive from the road officer's is accurate enough for us to be able to do our jobs, but at times for many unforeseen reason it might not be. Also in a personal level, offering some services to some of our defendants that we know they might need, but we might not be able to offer at times.
5. Being able to communicate effectively with the majority of our defendants and getting getting all our job responsibilities completed by the end of our shift, so the morning shift does not have to pick up after us (night shift). – less
Plenty of work to keep you busy, I like staying busy.
Deputy Clerk/Court Specialist Supervisior II (Former Employee), Opelika, ALAugust 6, 2013
Learn a lot when working here. We handled all court cases for Lee County, AL the cases ranged from small claims to capital murder. We collected court cost, fines, restitution, and judgments for all cases. Work there 28 years.
monitoring students with/medical/behavior issues
School Bus monitor (Former Employee), Fort Myers, FlJuly 19, 2013
Pros: over time
Cons: getting up before 4 am every morning, less breaks, sometimes no breaks.
Arriving at 5 am to bus compound clock in/sign in. Receive school bus assignment. Report to school bus. Meet bus driver. Receive a list of students and any other important information regarding students that i need to know. Ride with bus driver to various bus stops and pick up students. Then drop off students to public school. Then return to bus compound. – more... Clock out. Take a break while students are in school. Break time between 10 am and 12:30. Report back to work at 1:00 pm clock in. Report back to school bus. Ride with bus driver back to school to pick up students. Drop students back to various stops. Then report back to bus compound, clock out. Go home. I have learned what is required of bus monitor. It is more than just watching students. You have to clean up spills when children get sick. As a bus monitor you work with the school staff also. I have to report to my supervisors any problems on the school bus. If a parent calls and complains about any incident that happens on the school bus and i said or did nothing i could lose my job. That is the hardest part is knowing the rules of what is/is not allowed on school bus. The most enjoyable part is getting to know the different students. – less
residential counselor to teenagers
Residential Childcare Worker (Former Employee), Sanford, ncNovember 12, 2012
I worked usually 4 pm- midnight, sometimes working 16 hour shifts. The most enjoyable part was changing teenagers lives and having a distinct work schedule.
top-heavy management structure
Utility Inspector (Former Employee), Fort Myers, FLMay 31, 2012
Pros: good pay & benefits
Cons: wide spread fear of job cuts due to downturn in economy
top-heavy management structure, with more people worried about keeping their jobs than actually getting work done. I was terminated for not following the rules "failure to report damage to a county vehicle in a timely manner", when I was hustling to complete inspections and testing that had been previously scheduled. I had not been aware of the vehicle – more... damage until it was pointed out by another employee. – less
Challenging
Special Education Teacher (Emotionally Disabled) (Current Employee), Fort Myers, FLApril 21, 2012
Pros: being able to see new ideas put into practice
Cons: students' disabilties
I have served for several years in a very specialized, unique school and environment. The experience and situation have afforded me a wonderful opportunity to be creative and innovative. However, at this time, I am interested in exploring new avenues and opportunities.
I had the opportunity to create and direct a program that impacted approximately – more... 100 students per year, nearly the entire school's staff and a segment of our community. Our program, the ExTRA Program (Exceptional Students Transitioning to Responsible Adulthood) was a community-based, work/study volunteer program that brought emotionally disabled older teenagers and young adults to commercial and non-profit organizations in oredr to learn/practice social and work-related skills. Our goal was to transition disabled students into employable workers.
It was very rewarding to have the trust and faith of school district administrators and staff, as well as the students. – less
Very interesting job.
Circuit Court Clerk (Former Employee), Opelika, ALApril 5, 2012
Good job, learned alot. Liked assisting the Clerk in court.
Lee County has not shown a loyalty to their employees over the last several years. Lee County is a wonderful place to live an work when work is avail
Project Management in Construction and Design (Former Employee), Fort Myers, FloridaApril 5, 2012
Pros: lee county benefits, frs are a plus.
Cons: hard work, dependability and loyalty are not rewarded
Lee County has been a great place to work, however with the downturn in the economy, the loyalty of Lee County to its employees has not been afforded. I have enjoyed my experiences here and wish they could continue. I have a family I am responsible for and work for them, moving to a more progressive county is a viable option.
great job
Weight Station Operator (Former Employee), Fort Myers, FLApril 4, 2012
Pros: all good
Cons: no complaints
i enjoyed going to work everyday.people were great and conditions good.
Good job with nice breakroom
Lee County Revenue Commissioner (Current Employee), 215 Sth 9th St Opelika Al 36801March 28, 2012
Pros: free insurance
Cons: no breaks only an 1hr lunch
Good job with nice co-workers but just to far to drive.I have learned that the state has so many autobile laws, Work is always busy.Managment is ok. I enjoy my customers