Lee Enterprises Employee Reviews

Exciting position
Outside Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NEMarch 28, 2017
Demanding but satisfying position. Excellent paid time off packages, room for growth and promotion based on merit. Management will work with you to ensure success
Its a Job NOT a career
Area Distribution Manager, Pulitzer (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 20, 2017
There is No work life balance, you are EXPECTED to work as many days and hours as needed i.e, could be and has been 7days a week 12 hour days for months, always shorthanded of people that causes this
Pros
Free news paper
Cons
Management does not care if you EVER get a day off
Great Company
Obituary Consultant and Classified Ad Team Member (Current Employee) –  Napa, CAMarch 18, 2017
Lee is very concerned with its employees' happiness and general life balance. They provide opportunities for growth and guidance and my experience has been that their policies and procedures are fair and balanced.
Favoritism and Nepotism Abound
Advertising Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Decatur, ILJanuary 30, 2017
I have worked for Lee Enterprises for a number of years and in the past couple of years it has really gone downhill. Customer service is a joke, there are no advancement opportunities in my department and they are constantly rearranging the sales department structure.

I would not recommend this place to anyone unless you are best friends with one of the managers - then you will be paid well no matter how you perform.
Understaffed
Page Designer (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIJanuary 12, 2017
Understaffed, poorly organized. You're a body in the room not a designer. Essentially chained to your desk for eight hours.
Not a good place to work
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Billings, MTDecember 12, 2016
I didnt care for this job at all, the management was very odd they picked their favorites and the rest basically got picked on. We were punished for being sick or calling in if children were sick. All in all a terrible company.
Pros
Cons
Reduced my hour lunch to half hour because they kept firing people
Customer Relations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Munster, INSeptember 11, 2016
This job is very fast paced. You may have to work through lunch and breaks when call volume is high. Can be weeks working straight 9 1/2 hours with no breaks.
benefits
Very poor work environment
Assistant Distribution Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Helena, MTAugust 15, 2016
I learned a great deal from this job, just exactly how much a company can break labor laws and get away with it. Just how mean management can be. Just how much as a person, I can take from other mean people and still come to work and do my duties. I learned just how strong I am as an individual. I also learned just how biased a news company can be. Eye opening!

The most enjoyable day of this job was literally the day I quit.
Pros
Some of the coworkers
Cons
Management, low pay, horrible working conditions, anger levels, stress levels, lies, false promises.
Graphic Artist
Paginator (Former Employee) –  Selma, CAAugust 14, 2016
Must be able to meet any and all deadlines. Need good communication between advertising reppresentatives and press. Friendly atmosphere most of the time.
Challenging work environment
Regional Finance Director (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, IAAugust 12, 2016
Good place to work overall. However, salary and benefits are not competitive.

They allow local property managers to make decisions locally.
Pros
Good communication
Cons
Benefits not competitive
The times are not always when the papers get too me
Paper Delivery (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NEJuly 14, 2016
I guess a job is a job. But when I don't make enough money I got to look for a better job, with benifits. I do not work with anybody else
Horrible corporate culture, disconnected management
Fulfillment (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAMay 18, 2016
I was with this company for several years, first at a newspaper property then at the corporate office. The team of directors and VP's are some of the most deceitful I've ever had the displeasure of working alongside. They care about their salaries and keeping stock holders happy with little to no regard for the employees who are actually doing the tasks that keep the company running. This company will make empty promises of positive changes and the upper management cannot be trusted. I witnessed some extremely unprofessional behavior on the VP and CEO level in my time there and wouldn't recommend this company to anybody.
As the layoffs and cutbacks increased, the work environment grew hostile and unbearable.
Accounts Receivable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Billings, MTFebruary 19, 2016
Locate and Allocate Electronic Remittances, Receive and Distribute Bank Note Remittances Submitted via US Postal Service, Receive and Process Credit Card Remittances Submitted via Telephone, Negotiate and Maintain Delinquent Receivable Contracts, Create, Electronically Distribute and File via Windows Timely Excel Spreadsheets, Provide Targets for Region Sales Team and Controllers, Conduct Electronic and Physical Research to Alleviate Discrepancies, Generate Mail Merge Report for Consumer Payment Reminders, Field Customer Service Request and Inquiries
Pros
I enjoyed the daily work assignments.
Cons
The decision not to replace vacating workers created an impossible work load.
Innovative, fun workplace
Human Resources Systems Administrator (Current Employee) –  Davenport, IAFebruary 3, 2016
Great benefits. Everyone is friendly here at Lee. Involved in community volunteer work. Room for advancement in most departments.
Friendly workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Billings, MTFebruary 2, 2016
Very friendly work place , Great co-worker , Customer great to talk to and take care of them on the phone and with there service and complaints
Pros
friendly
Cons
point system
Taking care of subscribers
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Billings, MTJanuary 19, 2016
Answering phone, dealing with dealing problems, billing issues, activating digital accounts. I had the opportunity to be the only CSR working for Lee Enterprises, that worked from home.
Cons
call center is closing
Opportunity for Growth
Customer Care Center Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Billings, MTJanuary 14, 2016
I have been given the opportunity for growth in Lee Enterprises. Excellent benefits including Insurance and vacation.
fast pace environment
Floor Coach Billings Gazette (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJanuary 13, 2016
helping my staff to provide excellent customer service while maintaining a functioning store and providing my employees with a enjoyable work environment
So impersonal
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Crown Point, INJanuary 5, 2016
management doesnt know how to support their employees and does not have any regards for personal issues in employees lives. Everything is done over email and is completely impersonal
Pros
2 weeks paid vacation when you start
Cons
no employee support
Great business to run
Accounting Specialist/Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Paul, MNDecember 16, 2015
It was a great business to run at the time. Employees were well compensated along with being appreciated. Spent much time with employees with dinners, personal weekends together and family time.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lee Enterprises. Our community is ready to answer.

2.3