Lee Enterprises

Lee Enterprises Employee Reviews

Good working enviorment except management
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), munster,inJune 25, 2015
The coworkers are friendly, but management is sometimes rude and shows favortusm. The job requirements constantly change and make it more difficult to provide good customer service. Terrible communication.
Review of my work at Lee Enterprises
Call Center Representative (Current Employee), Munster, INJune 10, 2015
Pros: Able to work early
Cons: Having to work weekends.
My job consists of handling inbound calls for 25 papers with Lee Enterprises. I handle between 80 to 100 calls a day. The calls consists of starting a subscription, missed papers, vacation holds and billing questions. I have learned to keep to myself and do the best job I can. The hardest part and rewarding part of the job is when we have more than 50 people on hold. I have to work very quickly and efficiently to get the calls down. Because I keep to myself, I really don't know a lot of my co-workers since there are over 50 employees and there is a lot of turnovers in workers. The most enjoyable part of my job is coming in at 5am and leaving at 1:30pm.
Great Culture, Work/Life Balance
ADVERTISING ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE (Current Employee), Glens Falls, NYMay 26, 2015
Pros: Flexibility, Culture
Cons: Compensation, Room for Advancement
I began with the company full-time and was handed about 100 active accounts. You could maintain employment and earn 40k through the accounts handed to you, however I was successful through actively seeking either inactive accounts or new business. This is how you will reach your commission cap and exceed quotas on a monthly basis.

The work environment is extremely laid back and you are only in your office for 2-3 hours a day.
Great Place to Work!
Sales Assistant (Current Employee), Bismarck, NDMay 7, 2015
I absolutely love my position as an Advertising Sales Representative. The team in work with is awesome! My manager is so understanding and they are very flexible.
Wheels for You, Lincoln Nebraska
Auto Sales Rep (Former Employee), Lincoln, NeApril 8, 2015
Pros: Monday thru Friday
Cons: No communication, inexperienced management.
Little to no communication between sales reps and management. Multiple managers who didn't belong in management roles. I started in October and I will just be receiving my first check for gas mileage reimbursement, it will be over $500.00. Practicality no training since day one. Was held responsible for multiple accounts that had major issues with billing from before I was even employed with them.
You get what you expect
Pantagraph Newspaper Carrier (Current Employee), Bloomington, ILFebruary 24, 2015
I only deliver newspapers and that job is what is expected. Get up early. Pick up the bundles of papers. Deliver them to the houses. You don't see anyone, or talk to anyone. You do a good job you get good tips at Christmas time.
Fast paced news room
Page Designer (Current Employee), Munster, INFebruary 20, 2015
Talk with editors. Design eye catching pages. Meet deadlines. Create concepts. Meet deadlines. Follow set styles of papers. Meet deadlines.
No future and no opportunity for professional growth
Graphic Online (Former Employee), Missoula, MTFebruary 13, 2015
Pros: there are no pros to work for lee
Cons: no future, no professional growth
There is no job security or professional growth with this company. Due to bad decisions by corporate, layoffs are random and rampant. If you have any ambition, don't work for Lee/Missoulian. After many years, you'll still have the same job you started with and almost the same pay.
normal day
Inventory Clerk & Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee), Holland, ILFebruary 11, 2015
great company to work for. great health insurance, working with all different people , knowing the culture, great to work in summer and winter. vey relaxing. so sad when the company closed down.
Fast pace ever changing work enviroment
Retail Advertising Manager (Current Employee), Waterloo, IAFebruary 9, 2015
Medium market newspaper that promotes the most up-to-date local community news that reaches to a vast audience in the Cedar Valley.
Days are fast pace with strong deadlines meet as well as goals that are set on all projects that need to be fulfilled with all working together as team.
Co-workers are fun and great to get to work together as a team but also put together opportunities with to raise funds for many community charities through out the year.
Good people to work wth
Regional Circulation Director (Former Employee), Bloomington IllinosNovember 20, 2014
Company is a good in a struggling marketplace. Company is focused on growing the bottom line.
They own you
Area Distribution Manager (Former Employee), Saint LouisSeptember 9, 2014
No work/life balance
Low pay
No respect for employees
job
Farmington Press (Former Employee), Farmington, MOAugust 3, 2014
I started in this office six years ago and have really learned a lot since I started. I covered schools, fire, police and features, along with other items. I was and still am involved in the community between both offices. It really helped me expand my writing and have grown a lot.
A great company to work for in every way, with a great amount of support from management.
Multi-Media Marketing Consultant (Former Employee), Carbondale, ILJuly 27, 2014
Pros: great job
Lee Enterprises was a great company to work for in many ways. Lee was very supportive in keeping it's employees educated and trained in today's fast paced and ever changing world. I very much enjoyed working with and for management in all aspects. I learned a large amount of the technology aspect of sales and marketing and how it's creating new and innovated ways to advertise everyday. My co-workers were like a big family and were always there to happily lend a hand if needed.
The most enjoyable part of my job was meeting with my clients daily and the wonderful productive relationships we developed through time. It was very fulfilling helping them build solid and effective ad campaigns to get and exceed their highest expectations.
offul job all around
Independent Contractor (Former Employee), Munster, INJune 15, 2014
Pros: only work a few hours a day
Cons: work every day of the year rain or shine, the contract leashes you into slave labor.
the contract you sign is so full of holes that let them manipulate you it is crazy. if something happens to you while you are out working you may be covered for the day it happens but you are required to be back the next day no matter how bad you are hurt.
Lee Enterprises Review
District Sales Manager (Former Employee), Columbus, NEMay 16, 2014
Pros: work\life\family
Cons: unstable company
Lee Enterprises was an ok company to work for. Would I ever work for them again? Probably not. They didnt offer alot of hope for the future. They were a good employer and i had a good job but the future of the company was very unstable and management needed an overhaul badly. However, on the plus side of things, I did have a good balance between work\life\family and they were leanient for me to continue my education and complete my degree. I felt secure in my job but the company had come very close to going under many times during my stay there. Overall this was just a job and nothing more.
Very fast paced environment
Graphic Designer (Current Employee), Bloomington, ILApril 2, 2014
Pros: good wages & scheduled time off opportunities
Cons: 400 miles a week drive
Challenging, need to be able to come up with quick design ideas
Road to nowhere
Circulation (Former Employee), Lee EnterprisesMarch 17, 2014
Pros: set work hours, benefits, comissions
Cons: unrealistic and unreasonable expectations, low pay, no appreciation
Expect completely unrealistic expectations, mindless repetition in daily duties, no reasonable expectation of privacy when discussing matters with HR and supervisors, pay freezes, constantly changing schedules and processes, constant fear of termination. Employees are burdened with the workload of 2 or 3 people and are continually expected to meet completely unrealistic sales and retention goals. They cannot afford to fully staff the company so the existing workers are asked to take on the excess without any type of compensation. Lay offs are common and swift. If you go to a supervisor or HR with any questions or concerns, everyone in the company knows about it within an hour. Pay is under a livable wage and there is a pay freeze so there is no chance of making more, even when advancing to a higher position within the company. There is absolutely no variation in daily tasks.
Great place to work for.
Marketing Consultant (Former Employee), Tukwila, WAFebruary 15, 2014
Pros: training oppertunities
Cons: extreme deadlines
Work culture was excellent, great training, amazing co-workers, never like to sell marketing ideas as much as I did for Lee Enterprise.
Demanding, but fairly easy at the same time.
Newspaper Carrier (Former Employee), Fenton, MOJanuary 8, 2014
Pros: relatively easy, no stress.
Cons: no benefits and no days off.
A typical day at work was going to the depot to pick up my papers, editing my route book when necessary, driving through my route, ensuring that each customer gets the paper they ordered. I learned to multitask much more efficiently. The management was pretty laid back as ling as I did well. We were independent contractors, so it isn't a normal management situation. I didn't have co-workers, but the warehouse staff was amazing, I rarely had a problem with my papers. The hardest part of the job was delivering in inclement weather and 365 days/yr. The best part was driving around late at night, no traffic, plenty of wildlife, gazing at the stars from time to time, listening to music, pretty relaxing with all things considered.

About Lee Enterprises

Lee Enterprises is a leading provider of local news and information, and a major platform for advertising, in its markets, with – Read more

Lee Enterprises Salaries