Lee Health Employee Reviews

You have the opportunity to gain a lot of knowledge and experience
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLSeptember 30, 2017
I love my patients, and the providers that we work with. The management could be a little more understanding, and could take others thoughts and feelings into consideration. The managers hold grudges and retaliate in certain situations.
Employee Health
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLSeptember 28, 2017
Assisted ARNP with seeing employee injuries and illnesses.TB injections, flu shots and on site clinics for companies needing pulmonary functions and wellness physicals.
Loved the staff I worked with
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLSeptember 25, 2017
Loved working with medical oncology patients. Great group of staff to work for. The nurses were awesome when it came time to teach or precept new nurses starting.
Decent place to work
HOUSEKEEPING (Former Employee) –  Cape Coral, FLSeptember 24, 2017
Lee health or Lee Memorial Health System was a decent place to work. A lot of people work there so some are nice and some are not. Typical of any hospital type job.
Pros
a lot of co-workers
Cons
pay
good place to work.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLSeptember 23, 2017
this was a good company to work for. I only left due to relocation.
I would highly recommend this employer to others if need be.
Management was fair and addressed your concerns promptly.
Great Coworkers
EKG Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLSeptember 22, 2017
Management turnover was common. Unhappy feelings among staff mostly due to management and schedules. Just before I left management was replaced with better management. Pay was very low, turnover was quick for coworkers also. Not usually given schedule promised at initial interview.

Promised advancement training was not followed through but I heard things got much better after I left the company
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
management turnover, not a very positive atmosphere
Great place to work with lots of opportunity for advancement in every field.
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLSeptember 1, 2017
Lee Health takes an active role in their community and their employees health and well being. The people are wonderful to work with and benefits were fabulous. There is great opportunity to advance in any position within the system. I only left as I relocated to another state. Wonderful place to work.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
buildings under construction alot required offices being moved around frequently
I was productive and it was a fun plcae to work
Medical Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLSeptember 1, 2017
I can't say any thing negative about my work place at Lee Memorial Health System. I loved that place and my job. I really hated to relocate. I would have still been there. There wasn't any thing hard about my job, because I loved it. I got to care for the people in so many ways.
Pros
Discounts on all kind of things
Cons
Short breaks
nice
Medical Assisting (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLAugust 31, 2017
Rooming patient answering phone and doing phone encounter. I think my management is ok to work for. the most enjoyable part of day is my patient. the hardest part my day is trying to keep up with the telephone encounter.
poor conflict management skill
Advaced certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLAugust 29, 2017
My supervisor has been making decisions without following LMH policy regarding guidelines for effective corrective action. There are set guidelines that a leader (supervisor) should follow when dealing with an employee issue. The supervisor did not objectively approach me, but instead came to me in an angry and aggressive manner every time she requested to speak to me. During my conversation with her, she would not allow me to address my side of the situation prior to determining the appropriate level of corrective action. Each time I was called into the office disciplinary papers were already written up without any discussion of the issue or giving me the opportunity to present my side of the situation.

Good communication needs to be created on the unit between all employees, and strong supervisory conflict management problem-solving people skills is necessary. Employees need to be encouraged to work out disagreements between each other before involving supervisors. The management team needs to develop skills to assist employees in resolving issues before taking every little thing to the director and making it such a big issue when it can be resolved between parties.The tactics used right now in MICU is not to bring the people involved together where resolution can take place, but to keep everyone separate which causes division and dissension between people.

There is no equality or fairness in the way people are disciplined. If the management team If the supervisor likes you, then you can get away with doing whatever you want. If they do not like you, then you are targeted.
  more... They follow everything you do, write down everything you do wrong, write down every word or emotion you express, question other employees on the unit about you constantly, and purposefully try to put you in situations for you to fail, so they have reason to bring complaints against you.

I am being singled out, punished, and held accountable for the very same things that others on the unit are not held accountable.
All I request is that I am treated with respect as a human being, and some of the staff on MICU are very disrespectful to me on a continuing basis even after I have asked them to be respectful. When I feel, I am being treated unfairly, I try to discuss the issue with the person that I have the complaint with instead of running to the supervisor every time. I do not believe that my supervisor has my best interest at heart so I cannot speak to her about anything because then she says I am a complainer and turns the situations around and attacks me. She is not there to help, support and give me guidance.
In conclusion I was fired . I didn't have any witness or any representation. I tried to speak with the president of lee Health System , and I couldn't . The secretary always had excuses. They abuse of their power.
Pros
Poor management skill, Discrimination
Cons
good benefits
Management at this particular location was not as team-oriented as originally presented
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLAugust 22, 2017
Patient records review and check-in, check-out, telephone encounters, and general office duties accounted for the day at work.

Management was short-handed, and difficult to reach when needed.

Workplace culture became petty and hostile over time, with employees encouraged by management to report on one another and discouraged from building office friendships.

Most enjoyable part of the job was knowing my work for patients really mattered to the patient, and was appreciated.
Pros
Friendly co-workers and dedicated staff, great benefits
Cons
Discouraged from interaction with other staff members
Great place
Transporter (Former Employee) –  Cape Coral, FLAugust 22, 2017
This place is a great place to work! All the staff is so nice, and helpful. Management is caring and understanding. I would recommend anyone to work there!
Cant use PTO and not a lot of advancement
Patient access specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLAugust 17, 2017
Overall Lee Health is great, good benefits, good hours, and great pay. In my department however if you do not suck up to management then you will be picked on and there are very little opportunities for advancement, and will be blocked from transferring if Management doesn't want you to leave. Also with a department of 80+ people we are only able to use our PTO if less then 2 people have requested that time off which makes it difficult make Doctors appts and plan vacations. Also if you are sent home by Employee health or hospitalized then the absence is still unexcused, unless your manager likes you and will choose not to document it.
Pros
Pay, benefits
Cons
cant use PTO, not much advancement
lies
Child Care Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLAugust 15, 2017
I was told a lot of lies upfront about compensation, paid time off days, raises and what not. My department was not flexible with our outsides life, and demanded a lot of extra meetings after work. felt like you can't talk to any coworkers, it was always short handed and only allowed to take 30 min breaks. I did not like my working enviroment.
Pros
Cons
long hours not enough break time
good place to work long term
Lead Nutrition Technician (Current Employee) –  Cape Coral, FLAugust 13, 2017
Customer service is a must. People from all over the county come to the hospital to have the best care. Management is great help in all fields. The hardest part of the job could be seeing people suffering and you can't fix the problem. The most enjoyable part of my job would be helping people.
nice benefits
Clinical Educator II (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLAugust 3, 2017
average work environment, excellent benefits, difficult work environment culture - perhaps related to specific location, admirable mission-vision-values
Pros
great learning environment
Cons
poor work environment culture
nice place to work wrong unit for me
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJuly 27, 2017
I loved working for Lee Memorial Health System I did not like working on the unit I did when you are first hired and you are told please ignore the fact that they had 43 people leave the unit when the new unit manager took over like they aways say buyer beware I guess
Pros
doing what I love
Cons
bad work environment
Good Company
Registered Nurse - Emergency Department (Current Employee) –  Cape Coral, FLJuly 27, 2017
Lee Health provides a great opportunity for new graduate nurses. There is a level of stress that happens in the ED but we have a great team approach. Hardest part of the job is maintaining all that is required outside of patient care.
Good environment if you are paired well with someone who is training you
RN (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJuly 26, 2017
The people were wonderful to work with but the person training me had never done that before and i think my performance suffered due to that. Over I did have a good experience
Only Hospital System in my county
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJuly 24, 2017
Not a lot of support from management. Was a better place to work before they bought all the hospitals in the county. Feel trapped, no where else to go.
Cons
short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lee Health. Our community is ready to answer.