Lee Memorial Health System

Lee Memorial Health System Employee Reviews in United States

Inbred ideas, intellectually limited staff
Imaging Technologist (Former Employee) –  White Rock on Cleveland AveApril 29, 2016
Terrible radiology department. Many stagnant, older technologists who think they are cutting edge, but have never worked anywhere else. Went to school at Edison, worked at Free Memorial all of their career and have a very narrow view of the real world. The hens on the day shift are the worst, gossip and backstabbing. That's all they know, because they never left. Terrible pay, frumpy nurses and inbred ideas....... THAT IS LEE MEMORIAL, THE HEART OF THE ARMPIT OF FLORIDA!
Pros
It was job
Cons
Conservative, non-progressive facilities.
Er
Trauma Nurse/Emergency Room Nurse (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLApril 8, 2016
It is a stressful, hectic area to work in but we have some dedicated providers to work with to give the best care possible. We make do with the amount of space we have and try to treat patients in a timely manner.
Advanced Heart Associates
Adninistrative Assistant/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLMarch 23, 2016
Great team of Doctors! Very busy fast paced environment.Phones never stopped ringing. Pre-registered patients around 300-500 per week.The best part of the office was our christmas exchange and random outing from the Doctors to just say thank you for our hard work.
Opportunities
Certified Nursing Assistant Advanced (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLMarch 17, 2016
I got the opportunity to get 2 other certifications while working here. It is easy to advance to make ever lasting personal relationships. Being a CNA on my unit is very busy, we have a fast turn over and sick patients that require a lot of extra assistance.
Pros
Health Insurance, Opportunities, caring
Cons
System-wide requirements, short breaks
good
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLMarch 3, 2016
good i really love working for this company benefits are wonderful love it here. i would suggest to anyone! please work here it is awesome
good
Cons
pay
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLMarch 2, 2016
Walk in Clinic - we see minimum 100 patients a day for 12 hour shift. Lots of workload,good teamwork. the hardest part of the job is explaining to the patient about their insurance.
fun place to work
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  fortmyersFebruary 23, 2016
at lee memorial you can always advance to something better,nursing,xray tech whatever you like and still able to have fun while caring for others
benefits
Cons
most jobs the pay didn't fit for the position
Good co-workers
Certified Nurse Aid (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLFebruary 18, 2016
A typical day at work would be hectic. It was a neuroscience unit with many trauma patients that needed lots of care. I learned that team work was essential to provide all patients care in a timely manner. Most of the co-workers were team player as well which made the job easier. The management was not as easy to work with. Night shift was always forgotten and extra duties were given to us because management was under the impression patients sleep at night which is not true at all. The best part of my job was see a smile on my patients face and how grateful they were of the care given to them.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Not so good management
med/surg floor alot of precautions good work team
PCT (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLFebruary 2, 2016
Doing vitals and checking on patients every four and two hours assisting nurses and physical therapists and transports, I learned responsibility for patients and how to work in a hospital
the hardest part of my job was the punitive issues with management.
Pros
free food everyweek
Cons
short breaks, drama between nurses
Emergency Department Technician (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJanuary 11, 2016
Focused on employee satisfaction, as well as patient and guest satisfaction. Good benefits, and reasonable compensation for long term employment.
A great place to work with room for promotion and continuing education
Dietitian (Current Employee) –  Between all hospitals and sitesJanuary 10, 2016
A great work environment with encouraging management and opportunity to grow in your position. Every day is a new challenge but the management team equips you with everything needed to take on those challenges.
Pros
Discount on food!
Cons
Working holidays
Awesome place
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLDecember 16, 2015
I am really bust fast pace but i love the fast pace. They are very friendly. Great company to work for. The EMR system is very easy one of the more easy ones i have worked with
Pros
great company
Cons
the drive
productive and fun
Nutrition Technician (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLNovember 30, 2015
The benefits are good. The people are cool. The hours are brutal, You are there from sun up to sun down. its hard to have a family and work there.
Pros
My co-workers
Cons
Not able to use your PTO when you want
A busy hospital that will keep you busy
Laboratory Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLNovember 7, 2015
A company with great benefits and the ability to further your career if desired. Must love dealing with patients and have plenty of patience as most patients are really ill.
Great staff, great place to work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLNovember 1, 2015
A Very organized hospital system.
Uses Epic charting systems.
Great opportunity to grow ones career.
Great director and supervisors.
Great internship for new grads.
productive serious venefial work place
Enviromental Services (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLOctober 30, 2015
productive serious venefial work place

exiting clean respectful a lot of growth opportunity

great place to work friendly environment and friendly people great place great employees
34 years
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLOctober 26, 2015
Worked here for 34 years with great advancement opportunities. Held various different roles from Unit secretary to assistant head nurse but mostly worked as floor staff
Monopolizes the health care system of Lee County Florida
Registered Nurse, Home Health Care, Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLOctober 16, 2015
I have been a Registered Nurse for 30 years. Lee Memorial Health system owns every hospital and most of the health care facilities in Lee County. It is difficult to transfer to a different department within the system. I would like to do a different type of nursing and possibly use my Health, Life and Annuity 215 license. I am willing and able to learn a new field of nursing but would be happy with a Home Health position that offered a work / life balance.
Pros
good benefit and paid time off package
Cons
no work / balance, salaried positions require 50-60 hrs. a week
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLOctober 2, 2015
I have enjoyed working with LMHS & would love to work as an RN there. Benefits are outstanding. Management cares about you & your advancement.
Pros
Good work enviroment. Doctors respect their staff.
Close knit team players
Registered Nurse - Neurology (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLSeptember 18, 2015
Management took notice of hard work, positive peers, willingness to assist when work became unmanageable (back to back discharges and admits),understanding Director of Nursing, clean environment, and patient charts organized well.
Pros
benefits, excellent administrative staff, ability to help clients
Cons
some favoritism and office gossip