Lee University Employee Reviews in United States

Great Place to work
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY HELP DESK (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, TNAugust 17, 2015
The employee culture here is great. Almost everyone at Lee is very nice and friendly even when things are going wrong. I had great co-workers and we were always able to fix any problem that arose. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing how happy the customers were once we were able to solve the issue that they had for us.
Good university
Math Tutor (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, TNJanuary 1, 2016
It's been fun working here. I love the staff. Very friendly and always encouraging to aim for the best. Great experience.
Great place to have a student job
Student Athletic Trainer (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, TNJuly 31, 2015
Working on campus while in school was very convenient. It was a part time job and they limit hours so you still have time to focus on your studies. Great experience.
Lee University Tech Crew
Crew Member/Audio Engineer (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, TNOctober 31, 2015
A typical day can start anywhere from 5-6am to 9-10. Its not usual that we have days that are the same. Most of the time we work several events a day with many different people and usually different clients at each event. It can be a stressful environment for anyone, because everything changes for each event and you have to think quickly and efficiently to setup for the event in time. We have walked into events that took us 10 hours to set up, Theatre productions sometimes take longer, or some take 15 minutes, like a simple keynote presentation.
All of my coworkers had their specialties, mine being Audio, and we were always placed where we would be able to accomplish the most. It was nice to work with people that had different skill sets and brought different things to the table. On that crew I met some of the hardest working people I've ever worked with, and its started at the top. Our boss was someone that loved the job and worked hard to make sure his crew was taken care of. He always thought of who would work best where and used us in places that helped us grow as techies. Working 40 hours in 3 days wasn't uncommon with this job, but we always put the client and the job before our own needs.
Pros
Experience with clients, Audio and other jobs
I loved my time at Lee. It was an opportunity that many others did not get.
Assistant to each Professor in the department (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, TNJuly 14, 2014
Academic participation excited me. I love working with young people. It almost seems like they don't believe in the word "No." By that I mean with today's technology, anything is possible.

This position revealed a side of me that I never knew was there...my love for students. My co-workers were all Professors. I had a great opportunity to learn from the best. Hardest part had to be moving on to something different.

This position allows a person to learn so much more that just one thing. The many duties of this position is why I loved it so!
Pros
love the opportunity to advance.
Cons
i believe the opportunity to do more than one position need to be wider.
Private Christian College
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, TNFebruary 18, 2015
I tutored for various classes for an academic year at Lee, which required meeting with various students at various times for at least one to two hours per student per week.
Pros
satisfaction in helping young minds learn
Cons
low amount of hours, must be a student to hold position
Great support from boss and learned so much
Teacher's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, TNSeptember 29, 2014
I worked in the Chemistry department and the teacher I worked for taught me about all things involved in the lab and how to grade and insert grades. I have no complaints. Challenged when in the lab and learned a lot about chemicals and solutions.
Pros
guidance, support, knowledge, challenged
Cons
not always feeling prepared, misunderstanding
Excellent On-Campus opportunities
Helpdesk Student Worker (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, TNApril 11, 2012
Lee University considerably gave me ample opportunities to advance my skill set and talents. I learned phone etiquette, honed in customer service skills, as well as put into practice various theoretical knowledge like computer imaging, hard drive troubleshooting, antivirus installation, printer mapping, DNS and DHCP lookups, access and excel queries, et cetera
Above Average Place to Work
Lee University Employee (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, TNDecember 19, 2012
Lee University is an institution that has seen great expansion as a result of excellent upper management. The spectrum from upper to lower management has it's holes and the compensation is below average, but the opportunity for advancement, the loyalty and respect awarded, and the nature of the work makes it a pretty good place to work.
Aesthetically beautiful campus with great work culture
Campus Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, TNFebruary 22, 2014
Working at Lee provides a day filled with interaction with students, colleagues, and visitors. No two days are the same, which reduces boredom. Lee is a Christo-centric campus with a very positive atmosphere.
Pros
friendly atmosphere, positive attitudes, beautiful campus
Cons
limited advancement opportunities
Great Place to work and gain experiance after graduation
Campus Safety Officer (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, TNOctober 1, 2014
My main job is to lock up all buildings on campus and then patrol the surrounding areas of campus. We also handle several service calls daily.
Pros
lunch break included in 8 hour work time.
Cons
health care is expensive and i currently work nights
Lee university review
physical plant (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, TNJanuary 14, 2014
The hardest part of the job was language barrier since I am from South Korea and came here when I was 22 years old. also, I didn't start with ESL programs I started like normal local students so I had problem with classes and everything was hard for me.
Public relations was the best
Secretary to Director of Financial Aid (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, TNNovember 20, 2012
Non-stop student activity and that was the best part about working in Financial Aid. Students depending on me to make sure they received all they applied for as far as scholarships and grants. I loved helping them get every financial gift they could weather it be government or private, it keeps them motivated and in school and that's a goal for us as representatives for that University.
Being there at Lee University I learned how important continuing your education is and the doors that opened when you have that determination to excel. How FANTASTIC IS THAT!!!
Management, I could have done without that, envy kills friendships. Their loss not mine.
Co-workers, love the team steam:
T= Together
E=Everyone
A=Accomplishes
M=More
Hardest part of that job...my supervisor
The most enjoyable part about my job, the students at registration, life and excitement of a new semester was awesome!
Pros
people
Cons
not being able to spend more time with incoming students
Production Crew Member (Current Employee) –  cleveland,tnFebruary 9, 2015
production crew does everything regarding production in the 7 venues that we have at Lee Universit. Conn center, dixon center, pangle hall, etc
Relaxing environment.
Fitness Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, TNJuly 25, 2013
Typical day: Little supervision
Learned: Leadership, and delegation
Management: Available but not pressing
Co-workers:Excellent co-workers
Hardest part of the job: compensation
Most Enjoyable: Co-workers and interaction.
Great place if you really like to work a lot!
Department Secretary (Former Employee) –  Communication & Arts DepartmentMarch 8, 2012
Great place to work if you like a lot of work, People are nice and friendly working conditions great if you like a ton of work
Pros
great people
Cons
expectancy high, paygrade a little low for what they want you to do
Incredible Christian University that struggles with poor management
Resident Director (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, TNMarch 2, 2013
Great school to work for, they just need to improve the qualifications for their management and not just promote based on years of service or availability at the time of need.
Enjoyable work
Maintanence (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, TNDecember 28, 2012
cut grass and maintained dorm rooms and offices on the campus
learned how to use new equipment almost every day
management was easy to work with and fun
co workers were honest and fun to work with
everyday was enjoyable
Good Culture
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, TNAugust 10, 2012
Lee University is a Christian University. They keep you in check, but are merciful when you need help or time off. Management is co-operative. Days are kept busy and co-workers are trustworthy.
Great Job
Sports Information Intern (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, TNApril 5, 2014
I loved working for Lee as a student worker, I only wish that there is more opportunities to advance after graduation
Pros
great schedule
Cons
no room to advance after granduation

4.5