Leedo Cabinetry Employee Reviews in United States

Overall Tolerable
WAREHOUSE/LEAD SUB-SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  El Campo, TXDecember 19, 2015
There were no typical days at Leedo. It was a constant waste of good reusable material and for this reason we were denied raises. There was no team work. The new director made it hard to work for her, because she preferred female workers over men.
Pros
Sub level training
Cons
Health Care Insurance way to expensive and waiting two years for one weeks vacation
People work very hard, are honest and good to work with
Sales Administration (Former Employee) –  HoustonAugust 7, 2012
This company expects a lot of employees. The management works hard, and they expect constant improvement, so nobody gets much of a break. That said, the managers don't expect you to do anything they don't do, and will tell you pretty much anything you want to know about the company. I think they do have the best culture in the industry. They're growing and the owners are always making new investments, which is refreshing.

Comp - not great, but fair. There's a bonus plan based on company profitability, which helps. And they do have full benefits. Lots of people move around or up within the company.

It takes a lot to get hired. They make you take tests and checked my references. And you have to work hard and be smart, to stay. The job security is good as long as you do what you're supposed to. No favoritism, and no working with people who can't pull their weight.
Pros
honest, smart coworkers and bosses
Cons
people here have to work hard to keep up
Realxed dress code with black and white work expectations
Estimator (Current Employee) –  Stafford, TXMay 25, 2014
The estimation department worked closely together while independently producing estimates. We had daily morning meetings to clarify what work was expected from the estimation team. We have our own bid program, so I learned how to navigate with in our bid program making my estimates more accurate. I thought I was detailed oriented until I started working there, I am able to identify and understand more details now than before I started with this company. I love my co-workers. We area all close, and help each other out. The hardest part of the job is probably keeping up with the expected productivity and knowing the company does not give an annual review or raise. I think most employees would hope to be rewarded for their continued growth in any company they choose to work for. The most enjoyable part of my job is definitely the atmosphere. We talk to each with respect, the dress code is almost non-existent, lunch is provided 2-3 a month, and the whole company is off a week at Christmas with all salaried employees being paid with no stipulations.
Pros
the atmosphere
Cons
no annual review or raise
Like a challenge? You're in luck.
I work there (Former Employee) –  Stafford, TXAugust 6, 2013
This company is all about getting better. ALL about getting better. The leadership team is serious about taking care of the customer, but in an organized, repeatable way. So people who like to do their own thing, or don't have the discipline to do what they said they were going to do, don't typically get hired. And more social people typically don't like it at first, because it takes a while to get used to the level of focus that everyone has in the office.

The company is doing really well. Repeat business is through the roof, even the toughest customers love our product and services.

They offer profit sharing and the leadership is very transparent about how the company is doing, and what your team needs to do better to impact the bottom line. Some people are uncomfortable with that level of accountability to each other. But it does help keep everyone focused.

Good benefits, pay is okay, profit sharing makes it better. The focus on progress and traction, good customer service, and casual but disciplined approach are what make it a very good place to work.
Pros
you're going to get better at what you do. and you'll mostly enjoy it.
Cons
lots of meetings, though they're usually relevant.
Challenging environment to Work!
Operations (Former Employee) –  East Bernard/ El CampoJuly 14, 2014
I have now been with this company for 4 + years and looked at it as a challenge first. But soon enough one understands that Top management is never satisfied and least interested in being part of the solution. It is a classic example of Management by Fear! There are two Owners and one of then constantly yells with abusive language. At any time of the day, he can be in your face screaming with the least shred of professionalism. For those who can thrive through such arduous situations, this maybe an option but the Work/Life balance is pretty much non existent. Taking advantage of resources to the fullest while paying them the least is a working business model here.
Pros
means to a paycheck
Cons
stress, no job satisfaction, no development plan/career
Fabrication and production quality oriented
SALES (Former Employee) –  FIELDDecember 28, 2011
Fast paced sales with on hand executive decisions for sales/bid proposals. Rapid product replacement for job completion. Order turn around within five days!
Cons
no benefits
Easy going environment, Co-workers were very supportive
Estimator (Former Employee) –  Stafford, TXJanuary 29, 2015
I worked at Leedo Cabinety for almost 8 years. I started at an entry level position with the company. Management was supportive as were my co-workers. There was opportunity to grow and advance within the company. I took full advantage of the opportunities provided. I was promoted to an Estimator position, and then promoted to Senior Lead Auditor. Multitasking, attention to detail as well as meeting deadlines were part of the day to day functions.
Pros
flexable, great health package, financial growth, casual dress code
Cons
i have nothing negative to say
It is a good workplace
Assembler (Current Employee) –  East Bernard, TXJanuary 19, 2015
well every day we have a goal and that goal is to make 30 cabinets per hour or 1000 cabinets at noon.

I learn a lot as assembler i am one of the best assemblers and one with more experience, i know all the kinds of wood like oak and maple and all the kinds of doors and their measurements, and also i know how to read the labels of all the cabinets, base cabinets and wall cabinets.

My co-workers work very good but there some people that do not reach the goals that the bosses want because they do not have the capacity to learn they do not take it serious

The hardest part of the job it is the environment because i summer it is very hot and in the winter it is very cold but i can still work on that conditions

For me the most enjoyable part of the job is that i already know everything about the job in my position and i don't need to ask for anything because i always put attention in what i am doing and i almost know how to do everything, i am sure that i can became a lead because i know how the assembly department work, i have 9 years work on Leedo Cabinetry, East Bernard Tx.
Cons
short breaks, tools in bad conditions, difficult environment, no bonus
Management is a Joke Here!!
Project Administrator (Former Employee) –  StaffordDecember 1, 2013
Management is a huge disconnect here with poor leadership.A typical day at work can be best described as long and stressful.The hardest part of the job was there was no team work .
Pros
christmas vacation
Cons
poor management, constant instability, lack of foundation, lots of politics
Challenging job!
Sales Administrator (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCMarch 13, 2012
Had 38 projects, 14 SE Navy, was only suppose to have 20 projects max.
Pros
lack of consistent management, procedures, constant change, imbalance of workload, constant confusion
Cons
pay, location
graet place to work
Project Administrator (Former Employee) –  Stafford, TXAugust 1, 2013
Great place, great co-workers. The office is like your topical office.
Pros
long christmas voc
Cons
no cons