Lefrak Organization Employee Reviews

Everyone is really nice...Family orientated
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJAugust 18, 2016
I am here as a temp, and you know how some temps get treated.. like an outsider! However, everyone here has treated me so nice. The way I rated the company as far as benefits and compensation are based on 2nd hand info that I am adding. I am a temp and do not get benefits. As a receptionist, I meet and greet everyone, let them inside of the office, reroute calls and there is a small clerical part of the job. The most enjoyable part is the experience, of course learning about the organization and everyone's role. I do not consider my role hard at all.
It was a beautiful place to work at.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYOctober 29, 2016
When I began working for this company it was very pleasant. As time went on the work environment became uncomfortable. One of the hiring managers had most of her family members working in the facility. The problem with that was that they were the exception for the rules. Which eventually caused many employees to lose respect for the manager.
Cons
Weren't allowed to skate unless the manager favored you.
Management (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 13, 2016
The company is growing so it's a very exciting place to be at this time. There is a great deal of expansion planned so the future looks bright. Only negative is that due to changes some procedures are a bit confusing.
Pros
Opportunity for growth
Cons
Ever changing initiatives, longhours
Amazing work Environment
Clerk Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 10, 2016
I worked with an amazing bunch of people!
The age demographic was older; they were true experts in their positions.
This was a detail oriented position and I took pride in my role. I was in charge of providing medical personnel with the records of patients and I understood the importance of this.
Productive and friendly work environment
Residential Billing Supervisor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 12, 2015
It's a fair work environment. Every department works together and not as a separate entity to ensure all tasks are performed correctly and timely. There are bonuses, fair raises, and plenty of opportunity to grow as a person and employee. There is an open door policy allowing for any issues that need to be addressed. Health Insurance is great and there is also free Vision. 401K investment is fair as well.

I have learned a lot about the Real Estate industry ranging from Subsidy housing, calculating legal rents, fair housing laws, and real estate in general. There are many rent reduction and increase policies (DHCR, MCI, Tenant Air Conditioners) which are governed by New York City. Learning how to calculate rents and how a stabilized unit becomes a decontrolled unit (luxury) laws change on a yearly basis.

Every job is difficult in its own way. I am challenged.
Pros
relaxed work environments
many many years ago--not relevant
svp controller (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYJune 16, 2016
see above--industry leading

successful residential real estate company

much too long a commute

less deadline pressure than a publicly traded company
Investment Associate
Investment Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 5, 2013
Specialties: Analysis, Operations, Research, Cash Management, Reporting & ad hoc projects for The LeFrak Family Investment Portfolio. Fund is comprised of various derivative & alternative products, foreign & domestic equities and fixed income instruments. Strong understanding of a wide array of investment types & work closely on Real Estate opportunities. Additional projects spearheaded include investments in Professional Sports teams, LeFrak Energy's Oil & Gas Business & Offshore Farmland.
Developing and Reorganizing into a Modern Company
Procurement Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 12, 2015
It is an exciting time to be at LeFrak. The owners are really striving to develop new culture here that includes a modern way of thinking.
Upbeat yet relaxed atmosphere
Leasing Agent Assistant/ Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYJanuary 10, 2013
A typical day at the Lefrak Leasing office would start at 10am with a client walking through the door and asking to rent an apartment. I would give them some paperwork to fill out and take the two incoming calls from prospective tenants asking about availability. If either of the three customers I'm assisting requires any information that I am not able to provide I pass them on to my supervisors and continue to pick up calls and help walk-ins. I learned to multi-task and help people with different problems. i became a facilitator to whatever the clients needs were about directions or any problems that came up during the leasing process. The hardest part about the job was being able to manage all the phone lines when there's about 8 lines waiting. But all in all the environment is great and co-workers are there to help you.
Good place to work. Owners are family oriented.
Sr. Executive Legal Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 22, 2012
Started early, worked hard. Drafted legal documents, worked well with others in my department and with other departments. Large company but held family values. The hardest part of the job was getting all the work done in a short period of time and under difficult time constraints. Certain times of the year the work load was heavier that others and required more concentration and due-diligence. The most enjoyable part of the job was always learning new fields of the legal area. I had an awesome boss who would take the time to explain whenever I had questions about the area of law, or a specific contract or lease clause we were drafting.
It was a good place to work.
Facilities Management / Plumber (Former Employee) –  Rego Park, NYJanuary 21, 2014
Worked with some great hard working people. I worked there for 15 years and meet a many people whom I am still friends with.
Pros
learned a lot of new skills
Cons
Management closed departments to hirer cheaper laborers.
People in the office was very pleasent to work with and were very helpful
Property Manager/Agent (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 13, 2013
Meeting with the tenants on a daily bases. Working with all maintenance staff, ensuring that all of the equipment is in good working order. Over saw the cleaning staff to ensure that the buildings were cleaned and pleasent for the tenants and their guests. Hardest part of the job was being on call 24 hours a day for any emergency that may arise. For example: fires, floods; blackouts and the saddest part was when I found tenants who passed away in their apartments and had to contact the next of kin. The most enjoyable part of my job was when we had lunches and or dinners for the holidays. Where all of the employees were able to relax and have a enjoyable meal. In my 15 years with this company I was able to learn more on the day to day operations of the buildings with the budgets; court cases; working with vendors and getting bids to do work in the housing complex.
Pros
we had free coffee and snacks during the day
Cons
medical packages were getting smaller and more expensive for the family
Productive and enjoyable place to work
Payroll Practitioner (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 29, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job is working alongside my colleagues and learning from them. Allows room for growth and development.
Pros
Supportive managment
Cons
Short breaks
Great Place to Work
Acquisitions & Finance Analyst, Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 3, 2014
Great place to learn the ropes in real estate investing and development. In the Acquisitions & Finance, you will have the opporunity to learn not only how to look at a real estate investment from a return perspective, but also from a developer's perspective.

Overall, this is a GREAT place to work, especially if you are passionate about real estate development/investment.
Outstanding Superb family
Richard Lefrak personal chauffeur (Former Employee) –  Rego Park NYJanuary 23, 2013
The LeFrak family is one of the finest that I have ever had the pleasure of working for and with.

They treat you like family and are concerned about your well being, just having been a driver of theirs has opened several doors
Pros
superb, ideal to what others should be measured
Cons
no cons
Compensation and benefits were ok
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Rego Park, NYSeptember 6, 2012
Difficult to work for. The maintenance director had no idea about the work entailed if you couldnt do a complete bathroom reno in 3/4 days you were on his hit list ( threats, talked down to, harrased). Oh I forgot to mention, with no helper...
Loved it there!!
Construction Manager (Former Employee) –  Rego Park, NYMay 9, 2013
Great place to work. I was a construction manager and got laid off in 2009 due to the economy. I kept in contact with them over the years but they havnt recovered yet from the financial slump.
Pros
professional and down to earth
Operations / Trade Support
Operations Associate, Investments (Former Employee) –  NYCMarch 3, 2015
Very diverse multi-faceted experience working with extremely wide array of product types. Highly diversified core skillsets.
Large coporation
PROPERTY MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Corona, NYMay 1, 2012
very corporate work feel.
well organized with many different departments that function well.
Pros
well organized

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lefrak Organization. Our community is ready to answer.