Lefrak Organization Employee Reviews

Great Place to Work
Acquisitions & Finance Analyst, Associate (Current Employee), New York, NYApril 3, 2014
Great place to learn the ropes in real estate investing and development. In the Acquisitions & Finance, you will have the opporunity to learn not only how to look at a real estate investment from a return perspective, but also from a developer's perspective.

Overall, this is a GREAT place to work, especially if you are passionate about real estate development/investment.
It was a good place to work.
Facilities Management / Plumber (Former Employee), Rego Park, NYJanuary 21, 2014
Pros: learned a lot of new skills
Cons: management closed departments to hirer cheaper laborers.
Worked with some great hard working people. I worked there for 15 years and meet a many people whom I am still friends with.
Loved it there!!
Construction Manager (Former Employee), Rego Park, NYMay 9, 2013
Pros: professional and down to earth
Great place to work. I was a construction manager and got laid off in 2009 due to the economy. I kept in contact with them over the years but they havnt recovered yet from the financial slump.
Investment Associate
Investment Associate (Current Employee), New York, NYMarch 5, 2013
Specialties: Analysis, Operations, Research, Cash Management, Reporting & ad hoc projects for The LeFrak Family Investment Portfolio. Fund is comprised of various derivative & alternative products, foreign & domestic equities and fixed income instruments. Strong understanding of a wide array of investment types & work closely on Real Estate opportunities. Additional projects spearheaded include investments in Professional Sports teams, LeFrak Energy's Oil & Gas Business & Offshore Farmland.
Outstanding Superb family
Richard Lefrak personal chauffeur (Former Employee), Rego Park NYJanuary 23, 2013
Pros: superb, ideal to what others should be measured
Cons: no cons
The LeFrak family is one of the finest that I have ever had the pleasure of working for and with.

They treat you like family and are concerned about your well being, just having been a driver of theirs has opened several doors
People in the office was very pleasent to work with and were very helpful
Property Manager/Agent (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 13, 2013
Pros: we had free coffee and snacks during the day
Cons: medical packages were getting smaller and more expensive for the family
Meeting with the tenants on a daily bases. Working with all maintenance staff, ensuring that all of the equipment is in good working order. Over saw the cleaning staff to ensure that the buildings were cleaned and pleasent for the tenants and their guests. Hardest part of the job was being on call 24 hours a day for any emergency that may arise. For example: fires, floods; blackouts and the saddest part was when I found tenants who passed away in their apartments and had to contact the next of kin. The most enjoyable part of my job was when we had lunches and or dinners for the holidays. Where all of the employees were able to relax and have a enjoyable meal. In my 15 years with this company I was able to learn more on the day to day operations of the buildings with the budgets; court cases; working with vendors and getting bids to do work in the housing complex.
Upbeat yet relaxed atmosphere
Leasing Agent Assistant/ Receptionist (Former Employee), Queens, NYJanuary 10, 2013
A typical day at the Lefrak Leasing office would start at 10am with a client walking through the door and asking to rent an apartment. I would give them some paperwork to fill out and take the two incoming calls from prospective tenants asking about availability. If either of the three customers I'm assisting requires any information that I am not able to provide I pass them on to my supervisors and continue to pick up calls and help walk-ins. I learned to multi-task and help people with different problems. i became a facilitator to whatever the clients needs were about directions or any problems that came up during the leasing process. The hardest part about the job was being able to manage all the phone lines when there's about 8 lines waiting. But all in all the environment is great and co-workers are there to help you.
Good place to work. Owners are family oriented.
Sr. Executive Legal Assistant (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 22, 2012
Started early, worked hard. Drafted legal documents, worked well with others in my department and with other departments. Large company but held family values. The hardest part of the job was getting all the work done in a short period of time and under difficult time constraints. Certain times of the year the work load was heavier that others and required more concentration and due-diligence. The most enjoyable part of the job was always learning new fields of the legal area. I had an awesome boss who would take the time to explain whenever I had questions about the area of law, or a specific contract or lease clause we were drafting.
Compensation and benefits were ok
Mechanic (Former Employee), Rego Park, NYSeptember 6, 2012
Difficult to work for. The maintenance director had no idea about the work entailed if you couldnt do a complete bathroom reno in 3/4 days you were on his hit list ( threats, talked down to, harrased). Oh I forgot to mention, with no helper...
Large coporation
PROPERTY MANAGER (Former Employee), Corona, NYMay 1, 2012
Pros: well organized
very corporate work feel.
well organized with many different departments that function well.