Legacy Community Health Services Employee Reviews

Productive positive work place promoting longevity future positions
Credentialing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 28, 2017
I am interested in obtaining a position where the full potential of my knowledge in Credentialing can be utilized while working in a positive productive place promoting longevity for future positions
Fun and Reasonable Place to work
Insurance Verification Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 27, 2017
I worked there at the beginning of 2013 and the place was a fun, open minded, and well-balance place of employment. Although, lately it has got down hill with their client services and have mistreated some of their employees unfairly. One of their V.P's is an Ex- Enron executive--- that should speak for it's self.
Pros
Open-minded and fun
Cons
Management, Management, Management
productive and nice place to work.
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXApril 20, 2017
Legacy is a fast-paced environment to work in and an incredible company to work for. The management and the employees are helpful and are very courteous.
Great work life balance and company values
School Based Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 21, 2017
Great work life balance and great company values. Coworkers have an open mind and serving patients is the company's #1 priority. I would recommended almost anyone to work here.
Its Ok
Public Health Services Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 10, 2017
I like working for Legacy Community Health Services, however they are in constant reorganization all the time. Once you have adjusted to a management style, they change it.
Excellent Mission and Vision
Nutrition Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 3, 2017
Legacy Community Health is a growing organization, and they deserve to continue to grow at the rate of which they are. Many underprivileged and low income individuals are able to access care, and this is great for the community.
Pros
Many patients helped
Cons
Micro-management
n/a
Medical Front Office (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 22, 2017
it has its moments and I do my best to complete the task that is given to me, choose not to disclose anymore, choose not to disclose anymore information
They have too many chiefs and not enough indians.
Front Desk (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 11, 2015
its who you know and not what you know. They promote friends or boyfriends and not people that deserve it. They have Enron thieves working for them. Although they are not directly working with money they control the money. low morale because of that same reason.
Pros
nice colleagues
Cons
reward directors that do not know how to do the job while the people doing the work get no credit.
Excellent thoughts but lost in the process
Nutrition Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 28, 2015
This is a fantastic idea for a health care provider, but this company is run by the guys from the Enron scandal and nobody other than them ever sees a raise or promotion. I love helping each and every one of our patients, but Legacy is a horrible place for a provider to build on their experiences. Helping the patients to continue on is my only concern, so I wear my smile and continually help my supervisor to assist patients in surviving horrible circumstances and viruses.
Supportive and organized.
Contact Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 18, 2015
A typical day working at Legacy would consist of answering phone calls and redirecting them accordingly, answer patients questions or concerns, update health insurance information, provide billing information, inform patients of any upcoming/missed appointments etc. I didn't think the job was difficult at all but the most enjoyable part had to the feeling of relief patients, who did not have health insurance or had a kind of financial issue, would express once they were aware of the services we were able to provide to them although they weren't able to pay for the services. It made me feel good knowing we were able to open a door for some patients when they thought they weren't stuck between a rock and a hard place. As a company, they are very supportive, organized and have their employees best interest at heart. I couldn't have asked for a better experience.
Pros
free lunches, birthday surprises etc.
Medical Assitant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 3, 2014
It was very good when I first started but now it feels like there is no patient care any more. Patients are always complaining and the workers always get in trouble for having patients wait. I love the children that always show up. It's a variety of cultures and I was lucky enough to gain some knowledge from them.
Pros
Flexible with schedules
Cons
Poor patient care, employees are taken for granted.
Horrible place to work
Clinical (Former Employee) –  HoustonAugust 28, 2014
management sucks. culture - sucks. not a good place to work. only few get ahead the rest are left behind even if you do a good job
Great Agency
Eligibility Specialist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 14, 2014
My job is to attend patients and help them with their eligibility process. Conducting Interviews to see if they are eligible for any federal grant to be seen at our community clinics. I do work in a very high paced job, with a lot of Multi -Tasking.

It can get a bit stressful, but i do enjoy my job, and helping people in need with their medical financial needs. My co workers are a very good group of people that i work in.

The only thing, at the moment is me having to drive so far from home. Other then that it is a great agency with great benefits.
Stressful place to work
Referral Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 21, 2014
The hardest part of my job is keeping up with the work load and trying to keep peace with your co-worker.
Pros
flexible hours
Fun place to work
Medical assistant OB team leader (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 20, 2014
During the time I was working with this company I learn a lot of new things, like Ob Gyn, Pediatrics, Family Practice, Urgent Care, Laboratory etc.. a typical day at work was fun and high volume of patients during the day, co-workers are great friendly team players always trying to help around others, the hardest part of the job was leaving, I really enjoyed working with them.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Short breaks
Excellent place to work.
Service Linkage Worker/Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 1, 2014
I enjoyed working at Legacy. I learned many new skills while employed there and the opportunities for advancement were unlimited.
What they do for the community is great.....Thats All
Sr. Windows Server Engineer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 9, 2013
I feel that management needs a complete overhall. From the safety violations to the inexperienced markrting department you have to wonder where they find these people. There is absolutely no privacy, and you are micromanaged to the T.
Pros
They do great things for the community
Cons
Micromanaging, poor work-life balance, inexperienced management
Fast working Place
OB Team Leader, Daily (Former Employee) –  Houston TXOctober 4, 2013
Legacy is a good company to work is a busy place, I have learn alot during the time I was working with them, the personel in legacy are a great team players, there were no hard parts of the job, every thing was great.
very pleasing environment dedicated employees working as a team
Prevention Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 26, 2013
Overall past employer had a fulfilling training to set employees up for success. On a day-to-day basis upper management did hold each employee accountable for duties and was available for questions if needed.
Pros
free parking, free lunches, very pleasing benefit package
Cons
short staffed at times, minimal parking spaces
Great place to expand one's skills in the medical field
Medical Assistant and Lab Technician  (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 16, 2013
Typical day at work is pretty much taking in "walk in" patients, taking vital signs and assisting the providers in whatever they need.
I've learned so many different things such as how to work the front desk and even got the chance to be cross-trained as a Lab Tech. Management is great here and are very helpful. My co-workers are going to be what i miss most about this place. The hardest part of the job would be the the "rush" of walk in patient we would receive at random moments which then leads to late dismissal. However, the best part about the job is that you have the best team in the world to help make a difference to the petinets of our community.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Short Breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Legacy Community Health Services. Our community is ready to answer.

Legacy Community Health Services Reviews by Location