Legacy Community Health Services Employee Reviews in United States

They have too many chiefs and not enough indians.
Front Desk (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 11, 2015
its who you know and not what you know. They promote friends or boyfriends and not people that deserve it. They have Enron thieves working for them. Although they are not directly working with money they control the money. low morale because of that same reason.
Pros
nice colleagues
Cons
reward directors that do not know how to do the job while the people doing the work get no credit.
Supportive and organized.
Contact Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 18, 2015
A typical day working at Legacy would consist of answering phone calls and redirecting them accordingly, answer patients questions or concerns, update health insurance information, provide billing information, inform patients of any upcoming/missed appointments etc. I didn't think the job was difficult at all but the most enjoyable part had to the feeling of relief patients, who did not have health insurance or had a kind of financial issue, would express once they were aware of the services we were able to provide to them although they weren't able to pay for the services. It made me feel good knowing we were able to open a door for some patients when they thought they weren't stuck between a rock and a hard place. As a company, they are very supportive, organized and have their employees best interest at heart. I couldn't have asked for a better experience.
Pros
free lunches, birthday surprises etc.
Medical Assitant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 3, 2014
It was very good when I first started but now it feels like there is no patient care any more. Patients are always complaining and the workers always get in trouble for having patients wait. I love the children that always show up. It's a variety of cultures and I was lucky enough to gain some knowledge from them.
Pros
flexible with schedules
Cons
poor patient care, employees are taken for granted.
Horrible place to work
Clinical (Former Employee) –  HoustonAugust 28, 2014
management sucks. culture - sucks. not a good place to work. only few get ahead the rest are left behind even if you do a good job
Great Agency
Eligibility Specialist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 14, 2014
My job is to attend patients and help them with their eligibility process. Conducting Interviews to see if they are eligible for any federal grant to be seen at our community clinics. I do work in a very high paced job, with a lot of Multi -Tasking.

It can get a bit stressful, but i do enjoy my job, and helping people in need with their medical financial needs. My co workers are a very good group of people that i work in.

The only thing, at the moment is me having to drive so far from home. Other then that it is a great agency with great benefits.
Stressful place to work
Referral Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 21, 2014
The hardest part of my job is keeping up with the work load and trying to keep peace with your co-worker.
Pros
flexible hours
Fun place to work
Medical assistant OB team leader (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 20, 2014
During the time I was working with this company I learn a lot of new things, like Ob Gyn, Pediatrics, Family Practice, Urgent Care, Laboratory etc.. a typical day at work was fun and high volume of patients during the day, co-workers are great friendly team players always trying to help around others, the hardest part of the job was leaving, I really enjoyed working with them.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
short breaks
Excellent place to work.
Service Linkage Worker/Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 1, 2014
I enjoyed working at Legacy. I learned many new skills while employed there and the opportunities for advancement were unlimited.
What they do for the community is great.....Thats All
Sr. Windows Server Engineer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 9, 2013
I feel that management needs a complete overhall. From the safety violations to the inexperienced markrting department you have to wonder where they find these people. There is absolutely no privacy, and you are micromanaged to the T.
Pros
they do great things for the community
Cons
micromanaging, poor work-life balance, inexperienced management
Fast working Place
OB Team Leader, Daily (Former Employee) –  Houston TXOctober 4, 2013
Legacy is a good company to work is a busy place, I have learn alot during the time I was working with them, the personel in legacy are a great team players, there were no hard parts of the job, every thing was great.
very pleasing environment dedicated employees working as a team
Prevention Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 26, 2013
Overall past employer had a fulfilling training to set employees up for success. On a day-to-day basis upper management did hold each employee accountable for duties and was available for questions if needed.
Pros
free parking, free lunches, very pleasing benefit package
Cons
short staffed at times, minimal parking spaces
Great place to expand one's skills in the medical field
Medical Assistant and Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 16, 2013
Typical day at work is pretty much taking in "walk in" patients, taking vital signs and assisting the providers in whatever they need.
I've learned so many different things such as how to work the front desk and even got the chance to be cross-trained as a Lab Tech. Management is great here and are very helpful. My co-workers are going to be what i miss most about this place. The hardest part of the job would be the the "rush" of walk in patient we would receive at random moments which then leads to late dismissal. However, the best part about the job is that you have the best team in the world to help make a difference to the petinets of our community.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
short breaks
Seeking a challenging and a rewarding position where there is room for advancement.
Behavioral Health Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 15, 2013
A day at work consists of being busy from start to end time. I work in a very busy environment where problem solving takes place through out the whole day and new things come up and have to be taken care of immediately. In contact with patients helping with all of their inquiries from problems with medications, refills, appointments, etc. I have learned so much being with this company and the most enjoyable part is being able to help our patients with everything they need and seeing a smile on their face. Our management team are great and are extremely hard working.
Productive and fun place to work
ESAP Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 15, 2012
Management & co-workers are supportive and fun to work with. The most enjoyable part of the job was autonomy and helping those in the greatest need. A typical day at work included working either onsite or outreach. This organizaiton is flexible with creativity which give the employee the ability to solve problems in unique ways.
Pros
lunches were provided during meetings
Cons
there were no cons
It is a productive place to work
Senior Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston TXFebruary 14, 2012
Legacy Commuity Health Services is a great place to work and learn. It specializes in HIV/AIDS primary care in the Houston and surrounding areas. If you want to learn about how to services this target population this is the place you would want to work.