Legacy Ford Employee Reviews in United States

NEW AND PREOWNED SALES (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 24, 2016
Great place to work. Fun atmosphere. Everyone helps each other. Management is very supportive all the way up to the owners of the company. Very flexible with scheduling around your typical life events.
Long hours, very little time off and always putting out fires
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Pasco, WAMay 17, 2016
This job was an eye opener and allowed me to finally manage personnel. I learned many assests and really learned how to cope with multiple types of personalities, attitudes and different types of customers. I dealt with customers and employees on a daily basis and was in charge of multiple departments. The reason I stepped aside from Engineering was not by choice but in our area the lack of work and funding for projects opened a door for me to work towards my goal of one day becoming a Project Manager and help our younger generation grow and reach there potential. The Co-workers were very difficult at times to work with but strengthened me as an individual and as a leader to which they could follow, The hardest part of the job was the constant barrage of angry customers I would deal with from different departments where another employee would create an issue. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the employees and helping them grow to where by the time I had left the angry amount of customers I dealt with was significantly less.
Pros
Managing employees and growing there dreams and aspirations
Cons
Stress of the job and customers that were unhappy, also the long hours and very little time off.
Fun and productive place to work
Internet Advisor (Former Employee) –  Rosenberg, TXDecember 6, 2015
My experience was very exciting working with the sales team and dealing with potential customers on a day to day basis via internet or telephone. commissions were great and management very supportive.
Pros
excellent commissions, decent salary
Cons
sometimes numbers were a main concern
Not a fun place to work
Body Shop Assistant manager/ Parts Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Pasco, WAJune 27, 2015
No communication from manager so all office staff was in the dark about which vehicles were being finished and delivered at any given time. I was let go not because of job performance but because the owner wanted his wife's brother to have my job. Legacy Ford does not care about the employee only about profits. The technician's were great to work with and so was the secretary.
a good job for those with schedule problems i their life that calls for them to be at many events for the entire family
Shop Manager (Current Employee) –  McDonough, GAMarch 25, 2015
My typical workday begins each day at 10 a.m. I arrive at work and check the work load for the day after opening up the shop.
Easy going
Internet Lead Consultant (Current Employee) –  McDonough, GAFebruary 20, 2015
The salesman and management are nice and understanding. But the owner and payroll are sexist and disrespectful. Once you get the job done the yare fine and happy.
Pros
very easy going
Cons
always messing up paychecks and people always leaving.
Worked ther in the last stges as they were closing the store and selling it back to Ford
General Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYDecember 27, 2014
Difficult situation as they were under capitalized, in severe financial trouble and trying to close the store without keeping the management staff informed.
Fun sometimes, Terrible other times
Lot Porter (Current Employee) –  Pasco, WADecember 14, 2014
Don't get me wrong. Driving cars, interacting with people, and getting along with certain coworkers, is all good.

But the position of Lot Porter is known as the "lowest point on the Totem Pole" and sometimes everyone, including management. If there is an argument between me, or anyone else considered above me, I'm in the wrong.

The unfair treatment is unbearable. What's worse, no one seems to care. I can't go to management and complain, because they have me so wound up, I'm afraid to speak out of turn.

In fact I'm surprised that I found the courage to write this review, because if they found out I wrote a negative review about them, I'll be fired in an instant.
Pros
some friendly coworkers, paid holidays, paid vacations, going for a drive
Cons
unfair treatment, feeling like a doormat
great work place
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Rosenberg, TXNovember 16, 2014
family like enviornment, helpful co-workers

great manager staff
Pros
family like enviornment
Fun People, Exciting Energy, Passive-Aggressive Management
Sales (Former Employee) –  Rosenberg, TXSeptember 8, 2014
I am thankful for the time I had at Legacy Ford, and would recommend it to friends, family, and others considering shopping there as well as those who may be looking to apply for a career. However, I found that management was very passive-aggressive; you would think the job or task at hand was being performed correctly or as wanted by supervisors, but would not find out until after weeks or even months in some cases that superiors were not happy with the way tasks were being handled. I would always rather be faced with cold or unpleasant truth from the beginning so that I can work on and correct my work cycle than have it go unnoticed or be sugarcoated until its "too late".

Benefits are terrible, the insurance plans when I was there were costly and didn't cover much at all - nothing is covered by the employer. Holidays (as in almost any sales position) are basically unheard of - Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, and Christmas Day - that's it!

Pay started at little to nothing, and over several years, never saw a pay increase. Bonuses are there, but sometimes hard to reach or set at numbers that are close to unattainable for the traffic that came through there.

For the most part, I absolutely LOVED the staff that I worked with on a daily basis, but felt as if management never knew I existed. The place is decent for those that are sales minded, just not for me.
Pros
free lunch on saturday
Cons
no overtime, passive-aggressive management
Sales person
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  East Syracuse, NYAugust 9, 2014
A day at Legacy involved , Meet and greets with customers as well as Ford reps. The challenge of sales is amazing . the people I worked with were great. The business shuts its doors because of the Ford fallout
Pros
meet new people everyday
Cons
the drive
Fun but really slow
Lot Attendant (Former Employee) –  Pasco, WAFebruary 6, 2014
My daily work consisted of retrieving vehicles for customers and hand washing vehicles.
Pros
monday-friday schedule
Cons
no cons
productive and fun work place
Professional Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Walla Walla, WASeptember 12, 2013
this work experience was great, it helped me with future jobs and helped me learn to build common ground with customers or members.
Enjoyable workplace
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  McDonough, GAAugust 7, 2012
I answered the phones for the entire dealership, relayed messages for approximately 20 salespersons. Performed various customer service duties including, directing them to appropriated department or personnel. Worked independently 90% of the time but management was available if needed.
Pros
full time, hrs, and bonuses
Cons
limited in ideas and solutions
car dealership
Receptionist/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, OHJuly 5, 2012
was able to work on homework during slow times; good work/life balance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Legacy Ford. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7