Legacy Health System Employee Reviews

Does not stand behind employees
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORApril 2, 2017
Not a good company to work. Does no stand behind it employees. HR is there for the management and not their employees. Benefits are horrible and compensation could be much better.
Best place for alzhiemers clients
LVN schedule coordinator nursing supervisor (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXMarch 20, 2017
Beautiful friendly environment. Staff is very knowledgeable about Alzheimer's clients . Family's meet with HSD to discuss loved ones care . Both HSD a s Administrator had an open door policy for staff and families.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Great company to work for
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMarch 18, 2017
Input was always welcomed. Management trusts employees and doesn't try to micromanage the department. Employees appreciate this and go above for patients.
The worst place to work.
RN (Former Employee) –  Emanuel PortlandMarch 17, 2017
Legacy does not support it's staff, nor does it employ enough people to adequately meet the needs of pt's. Staff are expected to manage/support numerous medical floors and clinics. Concerns about pt safety is met with indifference, or punitive measures by management. Legacy follows the lean hospital model- it's not lean, it's anorexic. I am so happy no longer to be working for Legacy, and can speak the same for many peers that also fled this toxic system.
Pros
Good pay/health care benefits
Cons
Understaffed work force which jeopardizes patient safety, and burns out staff.
Positive work environment,
Registered Nurse, Peri-operative RN Resource Team (Current Employee) –  Oregon and Washington areaFebruary 19, 2017
Working the swing shift at five different hospitals, in the OR, with in Legacy health has allowed me to be available for many different surgical services. This has given me a broad knowledge base within the OR.
Very rewarding work experience
Corporate Radiation Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  All 4 existing hospital facilitiesJanuary 31, 2017
In my time with Legacy, I had a very rewarding work experience that provided me with tremendous opportunities to grow and develop professionally.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
travel to muntiple facilites
Supportive staff
CNA II (Former Employee) –  Tualatin, ORJanuary 30, 2017
Worked with multiple nurses daily to provide care to patients. Most of the nurses were very well educated and helpful. This was a surgical specialties unit and had a wide variety of patients, so the day to day work flow varied greatly.
Pros
helpful staff, team work
Cons
changing units due to census
Self-important Management
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJanuary 28, 2017
Accepting a job at Legacy was one of the worst career decisions I've ever made. Systems office management is a joke. Some are competent but are weakened due to politics. Others are downright a waste of space, calling in sick for any and everything under the sun on a weekly basis. One wonders why they are still on payroll.

Toxic environment. Stay away from this place.
Pros
Great location in the Pearl
Cons
Management, or lack there of.
Always hiring new Therapist
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJanuary 27, 2017
This is one of the many Legacy hospitals in the area that has to always hire new Therapist due to Bad Managers, especially the one at Mt Hood. Turn over is bad and will always continue to be until they clean house.
Great health care
Clinical Resource Coordinator/Utilization Review (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJanuary 7, 2017
I wrote a review already, don't know what happened to it. I loved this job, but my position was eliminated during a department redesign. It's a shame, Legacy lost a lot of experience, but have hired excellent staff to continue the work.
Huge Health Group
Polysomnographic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Tualatin, ORDecember 18, 2016
This job was overnight was performing sleep studies on patients. The management was rarely seen as they worked during the day. Co-workers were friendly until it got late into the night and everyone got tired. The hardest part about the job was working nights. The most enjoyable part about the job was that is was only three days a week.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Long overnight shift
Busy office setting
Clinic Services Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WADecember 13, 2016
A typical day at work includes greeting many patients, answering busy telephones, interacting with medical staff, verifying insurance, taking copays, scheduling patients and documenting in patient charts.
Not physician-friendly health system
MD (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORNovember 2, 2016
Legacy has always been anti-physician. As soon as a physician hits a certain pay scale, they work to get rid of them. Legacy is non-supportive of their physicians and has the lowest reimbursement of any hospital in Portland.
Great home/work balance employer
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORSeptember 7, 2016
Legacy Health is a great place to work. They have a great work/home balance philosophy. Legacy employees all seem to be approachable which is really nice.
Cons
Benefits are not the best; especially time off accrual
Nice place to work.
Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WAAugust 31, 2016
Excellent co workers, excellent Supervisors. I would encourage people to apply at this hospital and take advantage of all they have to offer.
Pros
Excellent work schedule.
Cons
N/A
Productive and fun place to work
Account Follow Up Specialist (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJuly 27, 2016
My average day went very fast as there was lots of work to do and both my co-workers and management had good attitudes. The New Employee Training I received was very through and I had regular meetings with my Management Team about my progress. The Patient Business Office has a lovey café and the surrounding neighborhood was great to take walks.
Pros
Free parking
Cons
Long commuite from Washougal, WA where I was living at the time.
Fun place to work
Phlebotomist/Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORMay 18, 2016
Very helpful in finding your niche in the workplace. Lots of incoming specimens around 5000 daily most co workers very helpful.
worst place to work ever
Mapleview country villa (Former Employee) –  Chardon, OHApril 24, 2016
this was one of the worst places i have ever worked. There is no staff, everyone will tell you how to do your job, you will more than likely work two aides for 50 people, most of the nurses dont like to help, and the higher ups are some of the worst. they would rather fire people instead of trying to understand things. They have too many people to take care of effectively, and over all just a very stressful place to work. I would never work for this place ever again. also the pay isnt worth the time.
Pros
new building
Cons
everything else
A good job.
Surgical Technician (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMarch 18, 2016
Legacy has some of the nicest staff I have seen, They are always willing to go the extra mile to help out.
As far as ortho cases I would reccomend an outpatient surgery center because the Legacy hotel is expensive.
Pros
steady paycheck
Cons
Management is always in the news for corruption, And a little to cozy with SEIU union
Enjoyed Working here
Safety & Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Portland, OROctober 15, 2015
Days could drag on some days and very busy the next. Very friendly staff and very helpful. Easy to get a long with people and very community friendly.
Pros
Good staff, lots of work and busy
Cons
The staff that dont enjoy working there should quite, its obvious by they way they act. very rude to coworkers, patients and visitors

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Legacy Health System. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7