Legacy Health System Employee Reviews in United States

Fun place to work
Phlebotomist/Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORMay 18, 2016
Very helpful in finding your niche in the workplace. Lots of incoming specimens around 5000 daily most co workers very helpful.
worst place to work ever
Mapleview country villa (Former Employee) –  Chardon, OHApril 24, 2016
this was one of the worst places i have ever worked. There is no staff, everyone will tell you how to do your job, you will more than likely work two aides for 50 people, most of the nurses dont like to help, and the higher ups are some of the worst. they would rather fire people instead of trying to understand things. They have too many people to take care of effectively, and over all just a very stressful place to work. I would never work for this place ever again. also the pay isnt worth the time.
Pros
new building
Cons
everything else
Enjoyed Working here
Safety & Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Portland, OROctober 15, 2015
Days could drag on some days and very busy the next. Very friendly staff and very helpful. Easy to get a long with people and very community friendly.
Pros
Good staff, lots of work and busy
Cons
The staff that dont enjoy working there should quite, its obvious by they way they act. very rude to coworkers, patients and visitors
Legacy is a great place to work!
Benefits Specialist (Former Employee) –  CorporateOctober 13, 2015
Legacy is a fun, dynamic place to work. I gave four stars across the board just because there is always room for improvement!
I worked in Benefits and loved it. Everyday was different.
The culture is great--the senior leadership really try to make your voice heard.
Pros
Benefits, employees that care, salary
Cons
Parking
Great culture, modern LEED certified facility, fantastic management
CLINICAL ANESTHESIA SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WASeptember 24, 2015
A non-teaching, non- trauma facility that rarely sees 'sick' patients. That said, the staff and management are a pleasure to work with. Our small department was given almost total anonymity and trust by both our leadership and the physician group we were there to assist. Legacy leadership expects top quality work from their staff, but gives you to tools to shine.
The hardest part of the job was; at this particular hospital in the system, they rarely operate on 'difficult' patients. Those are sent to the 'parent' hospital, a regional Level I Trauma Center. Most days are very routine, so if you look to test your skills, it won't happen very often.
However, they are very (exceedingly) supportive of input on ways to make the system and healthcare in general better.
Pros
Education, management equipment, support
Cons
Health insurance, retirement plan- but that's everywhere now
Healthcare system that is based in the Portland metro area
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORSeptember 22, 2015
The most important part of this job was the long standing relationships that I made with my co workers and people that were hired.
Neurdiagnostics/EEG
REEGT (Former Employee) –  Portland -VancouverSeptember 11, 2015
Management cares more the bottom line than the well being of the staff. On call Technologist covers 5 hospitals and a Children's Hospital with multiple EMU beds, LTMS and inpatients spread over the metropolitan Portland area and Vancouver, WA. There is poor support from the adult Neurologists and heavy late night call backs for all facilities. High burn out job! Other staff set in their ways and not overly friendly - very standoffish and no friendliness or lightheartedness was promoted in the workplace. Not a job for the person who has children or wants quality of life.
Pros
Love Portland
Cons
Not employee/family friendly company, Excessive callbacks
Good company
Telecommunications Engineer (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORSeptember 6, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management. Not all about the numbers but how you personally grow and develop. Decent amount of red tape and politics, but this is expected of a big company. The most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside my colleagues and learning from them. The office started to get crowded as the company grew.
Admitting is a "First Impression" department and sets the "Tone" for a patients stay.
Admitting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORAugust 25, 2015
Legacy Emanuel Hospital was an exciting place to work. During my years of employment I watched with pride as the hospital became a designated Level 1 Trauma Center! My Manager was always supportive and had the ability to motivate her employee to grow and become the best they possibly could be. She recognized each employee's strengths and used them to help our department grow to excellence. I enjoyed working with the patients so much and I developed life long friends with my team members. The most challenging part of my job was keeping up with the Insurances. When we first started coding the insurance there was only about twelve codes to learn but by the time I retired from Emanuel there were many times over that and I kept a three ring binder with coding for each type of insurance. In a way it was fun but also very demanding!
Pros
Working with people, both patients and coworkers. I loved the benefit package and found real satisfaction with my job!
Cons
Working weekends and holidays, Often department is working short staffed
pay is decent
Imaging Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tualatin, ORJuly 2, 2015
they pay you enough to keep you here but not enought to make you want to stay. if there is a sick call they wont call another person in to fill the sick call spot they just have us be short all day. that puts more work and stress on the few staff members that do work. getting time off is a pain unless you submit your request 6 months in advance.
A workplace that allows its employees to provide the best patient care
Clinical Research Coordinator I/ Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMay 31, 2015
The hardest part of my job was coordinating international telephone calls to fit both my availability and the availability of the sites involved in my project. The most enjoyable part of my job was the people that I worked with and the ability to always provide the best service to all.
Pros
Free parking
Cons
Not enough work to keep me busy resulting in the elimination of my position due to budget
Great Place to Work
Care Management Resource Specialist (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAMay 20, 2015
I loved working for Legacy. I have worked at other area hospitals and the quality of care and quality of staff do not compare to Legacy. I don't have any complaints about the company. I have worked in two different positions at two different times and each time worked with people who truly cared about their job and were there for the right reason. I am regretting ever resigning because I want back into this great system.
Pros
Co-workers, quality of care, quality of staff, campus
Providence
ER Registar (Current Employee) –  Portland,ORMay 14, 2015
An incredibly fun department to work in! Made life long friends but the ER managemnet picked favorites and was not very friendly.
Fun place to work
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORApril 27, 2015
A nice place to work the only disadvantage is management it definitely needs some improvement. We had some busy clinic days but overall it was fun, some co-workers were really fun to work with. Overall I learned a lot with Legacy hardest part of the job was management very impartial.
Pros
Good Benefis
Cons
Improvement in management, too much favoritism between co-workers
Wouldn't recommend anyone work for Legacy
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Multiple hospitalsDecember 30, 2014
Wouldn't recommend anyone work for Legacy. Life is probably nice in the George Brown Ivory tower, but for the ground level employees the benefits are terrible, especially when compared to other healthcare companies. No opportunities for advancement, unless of course you are friends with someone high up or your dad is a legacy surgeon or something. The nepotism and lack of integrity is downright disgusting. HR dept won't enforce policies. A running joke in the workplace is that if there wasn't mismanagement at Legacy there would be none at all. Run like a true communist organization with the people at the top reaping all the benefits and people at the bottom left holding the bucket. Avoid if at all possible. On the plus side if you don't do your job or are a total screw up they will never get rid of you and blame your lack of competence on your coworkers, so good job security there. Our department actually had to file a lawsuit to get Legacy to pay for our lunch breaks that they forced us to work through for years, we won a settlement. Finally, nothing is seniority based and the longer you are there the more eager they are to "lighten the payroll".
Pros
job is stable
Cons
had to sue to get paid lunch breaks
Worst pay and benefits
Materials Associate (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORNovember 15, 2014
I met some amazing people at Legacy, but the benefits are absolutely terrible compared to other area hospitals. Advancement isn't impossible, but you really need to be patient and keep your head low.
Pros
great people to work with
Cons
lacking advancement, embarrassing benefits and pay, high stress
Nursing boot camp, Fast pace, wide variety, huge learrning experience
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORFebruary 12, 2014
The nurses and Doctors are some of the best I have seen. The facility has some very nice areas an older areas.
Pros
work with some of the best nurses and doctors, can learn a lot!
Cons
high turnover, no union, high stress
Incompetence
patient transportation aide (Former Employee) –  Emanuel hospitalJuly 24, 2013
Worked as patient transportation Aide. Managements only goal was to reduce staffing. Supervisors would actually lurk around corners, and spy on employees. They had almost no knowledge of the jobs which they were supervising. The management were not facilitators, and were of no help in the performance of job duties.to sum up management was incompetent , paranoid and clueless
Pros
decent pay, benifts
Cons
everything else
Enjoyable yet very professional environment
Accounts Payable Lead III (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJune 1, 2013
This was my favorite place to work. I enjoyed the people and I enjoyed the work.
Pros
excellent benefits, flexible
Cons
individual management practices
Great Company, poor managment
Neuro (Former Employee) –  Portland, OregonMay 29, 2013
Great Doctors that gave great service. Managment was not the best, they could not do my job if they had to. Some of the coworkers had poor customer service and managment was aware and did nothing, because the employees had been at the job forever. Loved the job but couldn't deal with poor managment. Said one thing and did another. Covered 5 hospital on a weekend with no back up help. On call 24-7.
Pros
great doctors
Cons
work to many hours with no back up help on weekends when on call.