Legacy Health System Employee Reviews

Great place to work with plenty of opportunities for advancement.
Medical Home Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORJanuary 26, 2018
Worked at Legacy for over 9 years, decent health benefits, great culture. Opportunities for advancement as well as educational opportunities. Would recommend Legacy as an employer.
Pros
Great place to work with a good work life balance.
Cons
Commute into Portland getting worse, parking can be an issue as well.
NICU is a great place to work!
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJanuary 22, 2018
I worked at Legacy for 20 years and still would be if my job was not eliminated. There were a lot of employees with longevity working there because it such a great place to work.
Pros
Pay, benifits
Stressful
Revenue Cycle Specialist (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJanuary 19, 2018
I was an employee in the float pool which was a very stressful position for me. Requirements were constantly changing from location to location. There was little consistency in the needs and requirements for the job from location to location.
Pros
Very nice and comfortable facilities to work in.
Cons
Lack of consistancy in processes & expectations from location to location.
Very physical job
Clinical Anesthesia Specialist (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORJanuary 13, 2018
Ready to move on. No chance to advance. Management stands behind each other even when presented with misconduct. Workers are great though. Will miss them
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
Bad management
Good Company
Coding Specialist (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJanuary 6, 2018
My supervisor was great, this was not the job for me as I could not sit behind a desk in a cubicle for eight hours a day, that's all. This company is a good place to work, just not for me.
Pros
Great boss
Cons
sitting in one place to long
Productive and fast pace place to work
LAB BILLING SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJanuary 4, 2018
I learned a lot of different things while working for Legacy. There was plenty of cross training so that if someone was not there we could keep the office running smoothly.
Pros
pot lucks
Cons
no paid holidays
Productive and fun workplace
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORSeptember 2, 2017
I would rate legacy as a 5 star they work with the employees and also give plenty of overtime when needed the pay is nice based on experience I feel like they don't start the pay off fairly
Pros
Pay and Hours and the people
Cons
Supervisors
Very busy, always cutting costs
Financial Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORAugust 16, 2017
Legacy is a competitive health care system, working to expand while always cutting cost. Due to cost savings they run with minimal staff which can be very stressful.
Pros
discounts around portland
Cons
too busy due to not enough staff
Lab Rep
Lab Rep (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORAugust 15, 2017
Lab rep responsible for picking up specimens driving safely
Ensures specimen integrity delivering X-rays and reports visiting clients attending their needs
Pros
Freedom of no office
Cons
Favoritism unprofessional management and supervisor
productive and fun work space
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORAugust 4, 2017
Love working with all of my co-workers. Everyday is a new working experience.
Ive always loved meeting new people as well as helping.
I think the hardest part about my job is getting attached to some of the patients
Supportive and Caring work environment
Staff RN/Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WAJuly 23, 2017
Legacy Salmon Creek is an amazing place to work. They promote their employees to reach for their goals. The leadership team strongly believes that all staff should have a good work/life balance.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORJune 16, 2017
I have worked for Legacy for over 15 years and I really enjoy the culture as well as the many people who work here. The benefits are good for such a large company.
Workplace Culture
COTA/L (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 14, 2017
The workplace culture is created by every different building Legacy is located in. Not every building is the same. The concept of Out Patient therapy is a great idea for the buildings but the execution of the company getting clients, rest solely on the Legacy staff. Which in turn, if your not social or aren't a cheerleader. This place is not for you. My typical day wasn't filled with patients but with down time which I couldn't get paid for since I had to adhere to a 85% productivity. I was told it would be between 20 to 30 hours a week but sadly every week was inconsistent because of poor scheduling. Then I had to travel from different buildings to get somewhat part time hours. In the end, the company looked great on paper but poorly executed by management.
Pros
Patients
Cons
Management, Hours, Travel
I love this job
Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  OregonJune 13, 2017
I was my own manager. I had the best morning team. I had the best grave yard shift. I wish that management was more about there employees. I loved the nurse and my patients
Company was a great place to work
Staff Accountant/ Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, MOMay 24, 2017
You never knew what you were going to walk into for that day.
I learned to a ton i was thrown in the learn for my self and sometimes that is the best way to learn.
Management was not the best.
Hardest part was keeping the CEO pleased
Most enjoyable would be the times were we got to do things as a whole company, company lunches. CEO was a very like-able.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Amount of time the job required you to be at the office on a dimes notice
Does not stand behind employees
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORApril 2, 2017
Not a good company to work. Does no stand behind it employees. HR is there for the management and not their employees. Benefits are horrible and compensation could be much better.
Best place for alzhiemers clients
LVN schedule coordinator nursing supervisor (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXMarch 20, 2017
Beautiful friendly environment. Staff is very knowledgeable about Alzheimer's clients . Family's meet with HSD to discuss loved ones care . Both HSD a s Administrator had an open door policy for staff and families.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Great company to work for
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMarch 18, 2017
Input was always welcomed. Management trusts employees and doesn't try to micromanage the department. Employees appreciate this and go above for patients.
The worst place to work.
RN (Former Employee) –  Emanuel PortlandMarch 17, 2017
Legacy does not support it's staff, nor does it employ enough people to adequately meet the needs of pt's. Staff are expected to manage/support numerous medical floors and clinics. Concerns about pt safety is met with indifference, or punitive measures by management. Legacy follows the lean hospital model- it's not lean, it's anorexic. I am so happy no longer to be working for Legacy, and can speak the same for many peers that also fled this toxic system.
Pros
Good pay/health care benefits
Cons
Understaffed work force which jeopardizes patient safety, and burns out staff.
Positive work environment,
Registered Nurse, Peri-operative RN Resource Team (Current Employee) –  Oregon and Washington areaFebruary 19, 2017
Working the swing shift at five different hospitals, in the OR, with in Legacy health has allowed me to be available for many different surgical services. This has given me a broad knowledge base within the OR.