LEGACY HEALTH Employee Reviews

Never boring
Sr. System Analyst Pharmacy Services (Current Employee) –  Portland, OR 97210November 16, 2016
Being in the health industry there is a sense of security. For most at Legacy it is ensuring patient care is world class. In the background, systems and technology need to support the mission of the organization. In that respect it is never boring, there is always something new, new process, new workflow, new issues, new upgrades. The staff are friendly and excited about coming to work and it shows in the care and professional relationships they establish. Management is fair and allows employees to create a balance between work and life.
Pros
Friendly, Professional, Salary appropriate, good benefits
Cons
Sometime chaotic.
bad place to work
Biller (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORNovember 13, 2016
Worked on call no benefits and no guaranteed hours. Pay was below other places doing the same job data entry.I The managers micro manage everything you do. No chance of advancement if you work on call.
Pros
parking is free
Cons
no benefits and low pay
Quality company- I recommend
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Parma, OHMarch 29, 2016
My experiences with Legacy Health Services have been very positive. My boss is very family oriented and respects my commitment to my family. All the way up to the owner, this company sincerely cares about me and my family. I wouldn't have stayed if that was not the case.
There have been many times that I have seen the CEO approach a family to make sure things are going well. He really cares.
The people I work with also really care about our residents. They have become my second family! There is always a bad egg or two at any job, but people don't get away with slacking off here, which is refreshing.
I wish I had 100% covered healthcare, but does't everybody wish for that?? Even CCF employees don't get it! It isn't possible these days unfortunately.
Overall, I would highly recommend Legacy. You will love being part of a great team!
Pros
401K partial matching, short term disability (for my maternity leave)
Cons
some demanding residents, but that is true everywhere
Worked in Public Safety department - retired now
Public Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORSeptember 24, 2016
I thoroughly enjoyed working at Legacy Health. Prior to working at Legacy, I worked in law enforcement, and after retiring from that long-time career, I got a job at Legacy in the security department. I thought is was a very good job with a solid salary, and great medical benefits at the time. I worked all the facilities, but mainly at Emanuel Hospital and Good Samaritan, but was trained at the other facilities at the time.

What first drew me to eventually applying to work at Legacy Health was being able to observe how they medically treated a relative of mine that was critically ill at the time. My relative was in the ICU and the main floor rooms---for many months at one of their facilities. I knew then if I was going to go out of retirement from being in law enforcement---Legacy was my top choice. I took a job at Legacy for about 3.5 years, went back into retirement for a couple of years, and then returned for another year, and then permanently retired.

Most of my co-workers were above average to work with. Only in my opinion---in any work place you will have some, who see more of the negative of what is going on---but all in all I saw most a pleasure to work with.

The hardest part of the job is that incidents can get unpredictable. When dealing with the public, staff, patients or people that have no business being on property it can be stressful at times in those situations.

If you are a person who works well with the public, calm under pressure, fair to all, and quick problem solver you will enjoy the personal benefits and satisfaction of working
  more... at Legacy.  less
Pros
Good pay, medical benefits, opportunities to work at different facilities
Cons
Can get unpredicatable on handling sensitive situations
Plenty of opportunity for advancement.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAJune 21, 2016
Legacy Health System as a whole is a great place to work for. They treat their employees well with benefits, a match 401K plan, and many other perks and benefits.

I was an Administrative Assistant and I loved my job, but most all the people I worked with in various other departments. Very much team oriented. Since my job had a variety of many duties, I could be called off my lunch break to take care of something. Needless to say I never got a full lunch break and even though it is policy to take a 30 minute break if it was interrupted, it was frowned upon by management because frankly you could spend a day trying to get a 30 minute uninterrupted break. This wasn't the problem of the system, this was a management problem and lack of cross training.

I was chair of the Reel Team which is an employee recognition committee. This in itself was really neat to be able to recognize people who were exceptional at their job. We also devoted an entire week of special treats each day for all Legacy employees and all shifts to be recognized for their hard work and devotion. I've never worked for a company like this. It made people feel valued, which I believe every one needs.

If I had to put anything negative down about Legacy, I think it would have to be lack of communication between my manager and I. It's hard to be an assistant to some one that you can't have open communication with. Otherwise I truly loved my job and the company I worked for.
Pros
Advancement opportunities
Cons
Could not leave the campus for breaks without authorization
Legacy Health
PBS (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORMay 24, 2016
I enjoy my coworkers. There is always room for advancement in this company. If you are a hard worker, you will get noticed eventually.
Pros
Cons
Salary can only go so high
Productive and fun
Family Medicine (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORApril 15, 2016
Legacy health was a great company to work for. My work and personal life balance was amazing and they allowed me the time I needed to pursue my education.
Pros
great management
Cons
lack of benefits
Referral and Coding Specialist (Former Employee) –  Saint Helens, ORAugust 13, 2016
I enjoyed working here until management changed. I spent my first six hours everyday reviewing the fee tickets(they were paper then) for coding issues; be it high or low CPT's I would pull the tickets. I also looked for codes that wouldn't work, i.e. wrong codes with physicals or Medicare & Medicaid. While with Legacy I set up the Washington Welfare billing and all sorts of other things. I loved working here until my management changed.
Really wanted to like it here...
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMarch 4, 2015
Staff RN in surgery. Lots of turnover, upper management focused on what staff is doing wrong rather than building on what is right. Middle management for the most part helpful. Definitely bosses rather than leaders. Culture based on fear. Very imbalanced home/work life. Difficult to near impossible to take a personal day. Make you stay to work your shift next day regardless of if you were worked previous day and called in for emergency surgeries all night. This was definitely the hardest part of the job.

Pros: For the most part, amazing co-workers. Open, friendly and helpful. Charge nurses were very diligent about getting us breaks and lunches in a timely manner.

Pay was upper end of fair. Benefits left much to be desired. Parking getting more and more difficult due to location. Cafeteria food a C+. Rest of Legacy employees were an absolute delight. Everyone was happy to help and always greeted with a smile.
Pros
Friendly co-workers
Cons
Antagonistic upper management
A pleasant place to work but a lot of lay-offs
Clinic Specialist (Former Employee) –  Portland Or.September 9, 2012
Working for Legacy 5-years, it was a good learning experience as well as working with wonderful people. Benefits were better in the beginning of my employment but changes made were still satisfactory thru the suffering economy. I very much enjoyed the various jobs I had with Legacy and was sad when my position was eliminated due to budget cuts. I left the company with a good opinion of Legacy.
Pros
legacy treated their employees very well with christmas celebrations, decent lunch, break times, friendly atmosphere, most of managment were fair and pleasent to work for.
Cons
with the economy and budget cuts, many of the fringe benefits were taken away as well as increased benefit premium's and lay-offs.
Great place to work for.
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORNovember 1, 2012
A typical day at work would include printing daily reports, balancing these reports that would come from US Bank or IS with in Legacy.

Armour would deliver bank bags from all 5 hospitals where copay's, deposits or payments were collected, which were then processed for the daily deposit.

Posting payments that came in by mail or by bank courier.

I learned to prioritize time lines. To handle constant interruptions via the phone, in person or email. To be patient and to think outside the box.

My co-workers were great to work with, we worked well with each other.

The hardest part of the job would be if our electronic files did not come through as a single day, but grouped as two days in one report, then having to find that balance for one date of service.

The most enjoyable part of the job would be to have everything balance the first time through.
Pros
great benefits, people to work with.
Cons
information systems when down was not good...
A great place to work...
Clinic Specialist (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORDecember 30, 2013
Legacy Health left me with good memories and I miss the people there. The work was rewarding and never a time of clock watching.
The benefits were great as well as the work environment.
I very much enjoyed working with the public as well as employee's.
A typical day is a busy one with the phone ringing, visitors coming in, scheduling conference rooms and many other duties. Sometimes the work could be hectic but I managed to keep a smile.
Sadly with the economy many jobs were eliminated, mine being one of them in the Employee Health department.
Pros
Work environment, benefits and pay
Cons
no security of a job
Review Summary
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORMay 31, 2016
Legacy is a great company to work for. The upper management is so supportive and Legacy as a whole is a supportive company.
Pros
Legacy cares about their employees
Cons
a lot of commuting
Always busy
HR/Payroll Administrator (Former Employee) –  Twinsburg, OHJuly 15, 2016
The best part of my previous job was always being bust. My days flew by. I like the work I was doing. I very much like my co-workers. As HR/Payroll I learned the importance of confidential information.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Don't want to include
Legacy
Contract Administrator (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORAugust 22, 2015
Great place to work with excellent benefits. Took advantage of the tuition reimbursement program as well as professional development programs.
Fast paced environment. Sr. VP's are wonderful to work with.
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Portland, OR 97209May 25, 2016
I enjoyed my time at Legacy. The only issue I have is all of the drama the Executive Assistant groups brings to work daily.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Portland, OregonJanuary 11, 2015
Good benefits, salary and work/life balance. I enjoyed the work environment and challenges with health care in general.
Benefits
misleading job posting
Applicant (Former Employee) –  unknown PortlandMay 8, 2016
Mail Specialist job posted as Happy Valley was actually clear across town in NW Portland. Links to the job application took me to a Legacy Health page which said the job is no longer available.
good company to work for
cook (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAMarch 12, 2016
co workers were awesome, the benies were nice, management depends on your department im moving away but if there was a legacy where ki was mocing id be down to work there
I have liked all my jobs!
Reg (Current Employee) –  Tualatin, ORJanuary 9, 2013
A typical day at work is coming in the evening, getting report & start decompressing the patients so they can destress & ready for sleep. We attempt to give our patients as much quality sleep as possible during the night, though that does not always happen. Every day is a learning experience.
My co-workers & other staff that I see through-out my shift all strive to work together as a cohesive unit, from shift to shift, from unit to unit, this HOSPITAL is an amazing team.
The management for our hospital & the upper management for all of Legacy strives to make our work enviroment healthy, they give the employees an opportunity to have their voice heard, and all feel welcome in the Legacy family. We also help our patients to feel welcome, heard & cared for by the best team ever.
Every day is an opportunity to learn & to teach. That's what I like most about being a NURSE.
Pros
great co-workers!! bosses & ancillary staff
Cons
no food available for night staff. pack a lunch.....

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LEGACY HEALTH. Our community is ready to answer.