LEGACY HEALTH Employee Reviews in United States

Productive and fun
Family Medicine (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORApril 15, 2016
Legacy health was a great company to work for. My work and personal life balance was amazing and they allowed me the time I needed to pursue my education.
Pros
great management
Cons
lack of benefits
Quality company- I recommend
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Parma, OHMarch 29, 2016
My experiences with Legacy Health Services have been very positive. My boss is very family oriented and respects my commitment to my family. All the way up to the owner, this company sincerely cares about me and my family. I wouldn't have stayed if that was not the case.
There have been many times that I have seen the CEO approach a family to make sure things are going well. He really cares.
The people I work with also really care about our residents. They have become my second family! There is always a bad egg or two at any job, but people don't get away with slacking off here, which is refreshing.
I wish I had 100% covered healthcare, but does't everybody wish for that?? Even CCF employees don't get it! It isn't possible these days unfortunately.
Overall, I would highly recommend Legacy. You will love being part of a great team!
Pros
401K partial matching, short term disability (for my maternity leave)
Cons
some demanding residents, but that is true everywhere
Retail
Pharmacy Technician Lead CPhT (Current Employee) –  Tualatin, ORFebruary 9, 2016
In my total of 9 years working for Walgreens there were many opportunities to advance. I was continually advancing to the next step and welcomed right in.The most enjoyable part of my job was getting to know the regular customers.
Legacy
Contract Administrator (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORAugust 22, 2015
Great place to work with excellent benefits. Took advantage of the tuition reimbursement program as well as professional development programs.
great pay
Charge Lead (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJuly 15, 2015
Nurses treat co-workers not so good and they are very disrespectful to the lower class workers. although they pay great its not worth the head ache here. I have had so many people tell me how unhappy that they are working here.
Pros
pay
Cons
Nurse staff are very disrespectful
My overriding concern
Lead Sonographer (Current Employee) –  Gresham, ORJune 8, 2015
It's an overall great place to work. Due in large part to our amazing staff, we have steadily grown which has made a work/life balance impossible due to our shortage of qualified Sonographers for the past 6 years.
Pros
dynamic department
Cons
frequently no lunch & work past your scheduled out time
It's was nice to learn about EPIC and get a chance to progress in the medical field.
Health Information Technician (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMarch 23, 2015
My typical day at work would be prepping, scanning, and indexing patient documents into EPIC. Management would come into the office once a week, maybe.
Really wanted to like it here...
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMarch 4, 2015
Staff RN in surgery. Lots of turnover, upper management focused on what staff is doing wrong rather than building on what is right. Middle management for the most part helpful. Definitely bosses rather than leaders. Culture based on fear. Very imbalanced home/work life. Difficult to near impossible to take a personal day. Make you stay to work your shift next day regardless of if you were worked previous day and called in for emergency surgeries all night. This was definitely the hardest part of the job.

Pros: For the most part, amazing co-workers. Open, friendly and helpful. Charge nurses were very diligent about getting us breaks and lunches in a timely manner.

Pay was upper end of fair. Benefits left much to be desired. Parking getting more and more difficult due to location. Cafeteria food a C+. Rest of Legacy employees were an absolute delight. Everyone was happy to help and always greeted with a smile.
Pros
friendly co-workers
Cons
antagonistic upper management
Manager (Current Employee) –  Portland, OregonJanuary 11, 2015
Good benefits, salary and work/life balance. I enjoyed the work environment and challenges with health care in general.
benefits
The best organization I have ever worked for
Clinic Manager (Former Employee) –  Mt. Hood, Broadway, Lake Oswego, PortlandSeptember 2, 2014
Legacy was an excellent organization to work for. I was challenged, learned a lot, worked at all levels of the organization and was involved in many activities inside and outside of the organization.

I had excellent support from my director, was able to have the right amount of support in the three clinics I was responsible for running.

A typical day was filled with interruptions, meetings, chaos and fun. I worked with patients to identify areas of opportunities and was able to build teams of talented people to meet the goals and needs of the patients. Legacy is a very patient centered organization that is always seeking ways to improve the way healthcare is delivered.

I managed three clinics over a 50 mile radius, I was able to build several new buildings, recruit, train and influence the infancy of a new "medical-home" building and clinic. I recruited physicians, mid-level providers, nurses, medical assistants and all areas of clerical support. For two of the years I was employed with Legacy I was responsible for the "staffing-department", where I built a team of support staff from 6 to 150 employees. These employees were utilized throughout the 25 medical clinics in the Portland regions.
Pros
excellent senior leadership, strategic goals, patient centered, good support
Cons
not enough time in the day to accomplish all i wanted to do.

Want to know more about LEGACY HEALTH?

Ask a question
Great organization
Health Services Technician I (Former Employee) –  Portland OregonMay 18, 2014
Great place to work at! Good management and staff. Work is very fulfilling in being able to care for residents and work as a team to make their lives easier.
Good employer but can improve
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  OregonApril 23, 2014
The hospitals should try to tackle patient flow problems. Leadership can be stagnant, behind the times, reactive instead of proactive, and not nearly innovative enough. There is not much opportunity to advance within the company, and many leaders have been there for a long time (which can be good or bad).

Evidence based practice: It seems no one looks at better patient care, or management practices. Or it takes years for them to come about. Common sense is starting to go out the window.

It tries to be competitive with Providence, but lags behind. Pay is reactive to the market. Pay practices are very much like a union hospital, which Legacy is not unionized for nurses. They will give a bonus for meeting each hospitals financial goals, although it is difficult for staff to figure out their role in this.

Change is a constant and can be expected.

As always, the fellow staff members are what helps you get through the busy days and stay sane. We give great care and appropriate care, even though satisfaction scores might not reflect this. Even though this review might seem critical, Legacy Health is a good place to work. I'm glad I work here.
Pros
mostly cohesive staff, staff are able to take breaks (which is the law)
Cons
older management style, behind the times in healthcare, reactive to healthcare trends instead of proactive
Good staff/people to work with
Clinical Liaison (Former Employee) –  Parma, OhioJanuary 5, 2014
Sales position to area hospitals to represent local skilled nursing facility.
Pros
family owned business
Cons
less structure
A great place to work...
Clinic Specialist (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORDecember 30, 2013
Legacy Health left me with good memories and I miss the people there. The work was rewarding and never a time of clock watching.
The benefits were great as well as the work environment.
I very much enjoyed working with the public as well as employee's.
A typical day is a busy one with the phone ringing, visitors coming in, scheduling conference rooms and many other duties. Sometimes the work could be hectic but I managed to keep a smile.
Sadly with the economy many jobs were eliminated, mine being one of them in the Employee Health department.
Pros
work environment, benefits and pay
Cons
no security of a job
Fantastic workplace with an unparalleled team
Application Systems Analyst, Epic Ambulatory (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORApril 14, 2013
An amazing team of extraordinarily competent and caring people. Exceptional management and a family feel. I was very disappointed to leave.
I have liked all my jobs!
Reg (Current Employee) –  Tualatin, ORJanuary 9, 2013
A typical day at work is coming in the evening, getting report & start decompressing the patients so they can destress & ready for sleep. We attempt to give our patients as much quality sleep as possible during the night, though that does not always happen. Every day is a learning experience.
My co-workers & other staff that I see through-out my shift all strive to work together as a cohesive unit, from shift to shift, from unit to unit, this HOSPITAL is an amazing team.
The management for our hospital & the upper management for all of Legacy strives to make our work enviroment healthy, they give the employees an opportunity to have their voice heard, and all feel welcome in the Legacy family. We also help our patients to feel welcome, heard & cared for by the best team ever.
Every day is an opportunity to learn & to teach. That's what I like most about being a NURSE.
Pros
great co-workers!! bosses & ancillary staff
Cons
no food available for night staff. pack a lunch.....
Very organized fun place to work. The greatest group of employees ever.
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORNovember 21, 2012
I was very happy at my position as a lab assistant at the Legacy medical laboratory.
The best part of the job was the team of workers you spent your day with and the management.
The actual job was very pleasant and the day went by quickly because it was so busy most of the time.
Also the way that they alternated you from job to job throughout the week insured that you would not get burnout doing only one thing all the time. The rotations kept everyone sharp and prevented us from forgetting tasks due to not having performed them for a long time.
Pros
the pros were 4 10 hr shifts per week.
Cons
i really can't think of any cons except perhaps having to split stool samples, it was a part of the job but not a frequent occurrence.
Great place to work for.
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORNovember 1, 2012
A typical day at work would include printing daily reports, balancing these reports that would come from US Bank or IS with in Legacy.

Armour would deliver bank bags from all 5 hospitals where copay's, deposits or payments were collected, which were then processed for the daily deposit.

Posting payments that came in by mail or by bank courier.

I learned to prioritize time lines. To handle constant interruptions via the phone, in person or email. To be patient and to think outside the box.

My co-workers were great to work with, we worked well with each other.

The hardest part of the job would be if our electronic files did not come through as a single day, but grouped as two days in one report, then having to find that balance for one date of service.

The most enjoyable part of the job would be to have everything balance the first time through.
Pros
great benefits, people to work with.
Cons
information systems when down was not good...
Wonderful co-workers, easy to get to office, nice central building to work in.
F/T Case Manager, Community Hospice Nurse (Former Employee) –  Portland, OROctober 13, 2012
Co-workers were incredibly supportive and made each day worthwhile. Management was not easy to reach and did not back her staff as well as she might have given the stress of the job.
Pros
co-worker
Cons
management
A pleasant place to work but a lot of lay-offs
Clinic Specialist (Former Employee) –  Portland Or.September 9, 2012
Working for Legacy 5-years, it was a good learning experience as well as working with wonderful people. Benefits were better in the beginning of my employment but changes made were still satisfactory thru the suffering economy. I very much enjoyed the various jobs I had with Legacy and was sad when my position was eliminated due to budget cuts. I left the company with a good opinion of Legacy.
Pros
legacy treated their employees very well with christmas celebrations, decent lunch, break times, friendly atmosphere, most of managment were fair and pleasent to work for.
Cons
with the economy and budget cuts, many of the fringe benefits were taken away as well as increased benefit premium's and lay-offs.