LEGACY HEALTH Employee Reviews

Good place to work and the company tries
SR BI TECH ANALYST/ARCHITECT (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORDecember 11, 2017
good company, good pay, location can be an issue if you do not like traffic. Management can be an issue at times with limited experience and inadequate skills. Good culture though and puts effort in maintaining their employees.
Nice place
Imaging Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Gresham, ORDecember 10, 2017
I work on call at Legacy and my hours are fairly slim. I enjoy most of my co workers, and management is nice. I would recommend working here to anyone.
Great pay and benefits/ Management poor
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Woodburn, ORNovember 28, 2017
The pay and benefits are great. The management is very poor. A lot of "Favorites". They work us like machines. Providers are very rude with medical assistants.
benefits
Cons
no support
Poor Management
Staffing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORNovember 12, 2017
They are stuck in the stone ages. Only put nurses in management positions. Silly, people can learn nursing terminology. But not all nurses are meant to be managers.
Pros
12 hour days
Cons
12 hour days
Deadline oriented IT Department
CONSULTANT - SENIOR PROJECT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Portland, OROctober 19, 2017
The Project Management Team was very competent and supportive. The VP of IT mandated excellent PM skills and required that projects be completed on time and within budget.
Pros
For me, reasonable commute and good parking.
Cons
Very few holidays.
Great educational opportunities.
ICU Staff RN (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WAOctober 17, 2017
I have always loved the way Legacy has kept competitive in the job market. Management has listened to the nurses and tried hard to make benifits desirable They are very good about providing continued education and opportunities to obtain CEU's for the nurses.
Competitive fast paced environment
PBS Support and Biller/Follow-up Specialist (Current Employee) –  Portland, OROctober 11, 2017
Great company with competitive pay, good benefits, and ability for career advancement. Management is great and work/life balance is great too.Excellent company,
Should be better
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORSeptember 20, 2017
Former employee in surgery. Cut throat management. Lots of staff turnover. Favoritism rules the culture. Three managers in three years. Middle managers are in charge and play favorites. Staff is open and friendly and very helpful in spite of management. Us against them mentality. Excellent medical care. Lots to learn, but management is punitive, unsupportive.
Excellent staff has been driven away. Not worth the baptism by fire.
Cons
Hard to get breaks. Intimidation
Great company and benefits
Public Safety Officer (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORSeptember 2, 2017
I like Legacy and enjoy the climate and culture there but will need to move on to other opportunities in order to advance. With so many "Lifers" there is little room for advancement and it is very competitive when opportunities present.
insurance verification
Prior Authorization Verification Specialist (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJuly 31, 2017
unfair treatment harassment and micromanaging kept quite a few employees from growing within this company as well as poor communication between departments.
Legacy Employment
Sr. Contracts Administrator (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORMay 16, 2017
I highly recommend working for Legacy Health. As with any organization, there are cultural challenges, but your talents are very likely very needed, so don't hesitate to pursue.
Pros
work life balance
Cons
spreadsheets, nuff said.
Amazing place to work, love the work life balance and culture!
Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORApril 5, 2017
There is a lot of opportunity for growth. Legacy Health has great benefits and the workplace culture is exactly what I was looking for. People are nice, communicate well, and learning is encouraged here!
Pros
Benefits, Pay, Management
Never boring
Sr. System Analyst Pharmacy Services (Current Employee) –  Portland, OR 97210November 16, 2016
Being in the health industry there is a sense of security. For most at Legacy it is ensuring patient care is world class. In the background, systems and technology need to support the mission of the organization. In that respect it is never boring, there is always something new, new process, new workflow, new issues, new upgrades. The staff are friendly and excited about coming to work and it shows in the care and professional relationships they establish. Management is fair and allows employees to create a balance between work and life.
Pros
Friendly, Professional, Salary appropriate, good benefits
Cons
Sometime chaotic.
bad place to work
Biller (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORNovember 13, 2016
Worked on call no benefits and no guaranteed hours. Pay was below other places doing the same job data entry.I The managers micro manage everything you do. No chance of advancement if you work on call.
Pros
parking is free
Cons
no benefits and low pay
Worked in Public Safety department - retired now
Public Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORSeptember 24, 2016
I thoroughly enjoyed working at Legacy Health. Prior to working at Legacy, I worked in law enforcement, and after retiring from that long-time career, I got a job at Legacy in the security department. I thought is was a very good job with a solid salary, and great medical benefits at the time. I worked all the facilities, but mainly at Emanuel Hospital and Good Samaritan, but was trained at the other facilities at the time.

What first drew me to eventually applying to work at Legacy Health was being able to observe how they medically treated a relative of mine that was critically ill at the time. My relative was in the ICU and the main floor rooms---for many months at one of their facilities. I knew then if I was going to go out of retirement from being in law enforcement---Legacy was my top choice. I took a job at Legacy for about 3.5 years, went back into retirement for a couple of years, and then returned for another year, and then permanently retired.

Most of my co-workers were above average to work with. Only in my opinion---in any work place you will have some, who see more of the negative of what is going on---but all in all I saw most a pleasure to work with.

The hardest part of the job is that incidents can get unpredictable. When dealing with the public, staff, patients or people that have no business being on property it can be stressful at times in those situations.

If you are a person who works well with the public, calm under pressure, fair to all, and quick problem solver you will enjoy the personal benefits and satisfaction of working
  more... at Legacy.  less
Pros
Good pay, medical benefits, opportunities to work at different facilities
Cons
Can get unpredicatable on handling sensitive situations
Pretty good place to work.
ER Technician (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORSeptember 16, 2016
good management, good training, excellent environment of care. great Co-workers, excellent team of nurses and an excellent place to work.
Pros
environment of care/workplace
Cons
Referral and Coding Specialist (Former Employee) –  Saint Helens, ORAugust 13, 2016
I enjoyed working here until management changed. I spent my first six hours everyday reviewing the fee tickets(they were paper then) for coding issues; be it high or low CPT's I would pull the tickets. I also looked for codes that wouldn't work, i.e. wrong codes with physicals or Medicare & Medicaid. While with Legacy I set up the Washington Welfare billing and all sorts of other things. I loved working here until my management changed.
Always busy
HR/Payroll Administrator (Former Employee) –  Twinsburg, OHJuly 15, 2016
The best part of my previous job was always being bust. My days flew by. I like the work I was doing. I very much like my co-workers. As HR/Payroll I learned the importance of confidential information.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Don't want to include
Plenty of opportunity for advancement.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAJune 21, 2016
Legacy Health System as a whole is a great place to work for. They treat their employees well with benefits, a match 401K plan, and many other perks and benefits.

I was an Administrative Assistant and I loved my job, but most all the people I worked with in various other departments. Very much team oriented. Since my job had a variety of many duties, I could be called off my lunch break to take care of something. Needless to say I never got a full lunch break and even though it is policy to take a 30 minute break if it was interrupted, it was frowned upon by management because frankly you could spend a day trying to get a 30 minute uninterrupted break. This wasn't the problem of the system, this was a management problem and lack of cross training.

I was chair of the Reel Team which is an employee recognition committee. This in itself was really neat to be able to recognize people who were exceptional at their job. We also devoted an entire week of special treats each day for all Legacy employees and all shifts to be recognized for their hard work and devotion. I've never worked for a company like this. It made people feel valued, which I believe every one needs.

If I had to put anything negative down about Legacy, I think it would have to be lack of communication between my manager and I. It's hard to be an assistant to some one that you can't have open communication with. Otherwise I truly loved my job and the company I worked for.
Pros
Advancement opportunities
Cons
Could not leave the campus for breaks without authorization
Review Summary
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORMay 31, 2016
Legacy is a great company to work for. The upper management is so supportive and Legacy as a whole is a supportive company.
Pros
Legacy cares about their employees
Cons
a lot of commuting