Legacy is a therapist owned and operated company.
We are looking for a PRN Occupational Therapist to join our team.
Beautiful senior living community located in Boca Raton, FL.
*Excellent Management and Clinical Support*
Call Julie in recruiting at 888-440-4987 ext 4319 for details.
Fax resume to 866-391-9831
Summary: Provide occupational rehabilitative services to persons under specific medical orders as part of a coordinated team. Perform duties under strict rules of confidentiality.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Include the following:
- Provide occupational rehabilitative services to persons under specific medical orders as part of a coordinated team; plan initial and subsequent treatment programs on the basis of test findings; participate in the clinical conferences to share and coordinate the plan of care for patients; complete all paperwork in required time specification. Help the patient redevelop the abilities needed to function safely and comfortably in the home. These include not only the daily living skills: dressing, eating, hygiene; but also judgement, balance, and the use of adaptive equipment. Evaluation and strengthening of the patient's ability to participate in work-related activity.
- Instruct the patient and family in care and use of occupational therapy devices; inform Supervisor of faulty equipment, or if supplies are diminishing.
- Provide occupational therapy services as prescribed by a physician that can be safely provided in the facility and assisting the physician in evaluating patients. Contact a physician's office if orders in the chart are unclear or if further orders are needed.
- Represent the Company and the facility in which you are providing clinical services, in a professional and courteous manner; maintain strict patient confidentiality.
- Instruct other health care team personnel, including, when appropriate, family members, in certain phases of occupational therapy with which they may work the patients; perform co-treatments with other rehab staff when appropriate.
- Make sure all patient charges are turned in on a timely basis; properly document all clinical activities; attend inservices and staff meetings, maintain own professional continuing education requirements.
- Demonstrate professional conduct and ethics in accordance with LHS policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications/ Education: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Graduate of an accredited program of occupational therapy with a minimum of Bachelor of Science degree.
Supervisory Responsibilities: COTA, Aides, Student Volunteers
License (s): * Licensed and Registered in state where assigned.
Physical Demands: The physical demands derived here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. See Policy, Working Conditions for specifics on physical demands.
- Good physical/emotional health. Ability to lift or move patient and/or equipment.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Occupational Therapy devices.
- Basic office equipment.
Travel: In and around work place.
Legacy is not a staffing agency.