LEGACY HEALTHCARE SERVICES

LEGACY HEALTHCARE SERVICES Employee Reviews

Terrible Work Environment
Therapist (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaNovember 14, 2016
DISHONEST COMPANY!!!!! If you are a typical employee and not a rehab director then you are NOT taken seriously at all. Everyone lies and is extremely dishonest. I was told that they "do not care about anything in my personal life" when I had someone in the hospital. I loved working with my patients. Not enough hours to work and that was blamed on me. Not enough training. Don't hire a rehab director that is new or you get screwed.
Pros
Nice patients
Cons
Dishonest people/company
Loved my coworkers. That is all.
Rehab director, PT (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MODecember 16, 2016
They really push numbers. Encouraged to keep on patients for way too long and pick up patients at their baseline to implement their money making programs. They want to justify inappropriate frequencies. I quit bc did not feel like an ethical therapist working there and got tired of being harped to do things I did not feel were right.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Management, programs
Great patients and coworkers with BAD MANAGEMENT
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 27, 2016
Worked with a great group of people and wonderful patients but talk about really bad management! No orientation/training, budgets that are a joke and not able to ever be achieved, VPs and CEO who are clueless! Lil to no benefits to speak of.
Pros
Flexible schedule b/c never enough patients
Cons
Not enough hours, No management support, No job training
a wonderful place to work
Activity Director or Activity Assistnt (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 11, 2015
a typical day at work i would attend daily manager meetings and run programs for residents also work and plan volunteer programs with the community.Learned how to work well with alotof different personalities.i enjoyed keeping residents busy and happy and helping them fulfil their everyday lives
Pros
an open budget
Okay place to work
Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 30, 2015
The company as a whole is not bad. I work in skilled nursing where I keep a pretty full caseload. I have learned a lot how to deal with patients with dementia and patients with significant medical histories. Management at my facility does not micromanage. My co-workers are some of the best to learn from. The hardest part of my job is dealing with the administrative portion of patient care (rug levels, COT dates, etc...) The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing results of the medical teams work!
Pros
No micromanaging
Cons
Patients can be seen as numbers at times
Effective therapy services
CERTIFIED LICENSED OCCUPATIONAL THERAPY ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Southport, NCSeptember 20, 2015
The staff are hardworking and collaborate well with rehab to help patients meet their maximum potential.

A typical day starts with ADL's

Co-workers are team orientated.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the patients whom want to get well and go home.
Pros
Freedom to utilize skills and not micro-managed
Cons
Not enough hours
nice place to work at first not now
MDS Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Bay City, TXSeptember 20, 2015
not resident driven they don't believe resident comes first and I do they are too worried about the money part which every company is about money but resident's should come first
Pros
no pros
Cons
too many mtgs not enough time to complete work
Poor training
Therapist (Current Employee) –  OhioFebruary 5, 2015
Poor orientation and initial training. They just throw you in and deal with what you don't know later, then complain that it takes you to long to complete tasks because you are either having to email or look things up.
Each office is different but not much equipment available for being an "outpatient clinic".
Only plan for Part time hours unless you are willing to go to other facilities in the area. This is not a true outpatient position. This is only a very small room (if your lucky) within and independent or assistive living facility and you have to attempt to get residents to spend their money on out patient services when many qualify for home health.
Pros
Good programing ideas for patient care
Cons
Poor orientation/ training, high pressure for marketing
Ethical Company that Cares
Area Rehab Manager (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 25, 2014
Legacy Healthcare Services is a smaller contract company that provides therapy services to the senior population. Due to the fact that it is smaller in size and it is a therapist owned and operated company, I don't feel like I am just a 'building number' like I have in other therapy companies. Legacy believes in the value of therapy services and great clinical outcomes. Legacy has dedicated Area Rehab Clinical Specialists who provide clinical program training and assistance for new staff as needed. Management is supportive and I always feel my voice is heard.

Benefits are reasonable especially for employee only.
Pros
Flexibility, advancement opportunities, Ethical Company
Excellent, Ethical, and Hidden Gem in the Therapy World
Multi-site Manager (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCJune 10, 2014
Growing therapy contract company with solid mission, vision, and operations focused on therapeutic need of patients and many clinical driven practices for patients. Available to treat a wide variety of patients and truly make a therapeutic difference in the patients life with reasonable productivity expectations. Employee package competitive and flexible.
Pros
Ethical company with solid clinical and corporate support team
Interesting place to work where you will be an asset to assist a company with educating their staff.
Area Rehab Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas/Fort WorthMarch 12, 2012
Legacy Healthcare services has an excellent Clinical Division with the best skilled therapist in that Division with an array of back ground. That department is up to date with the latest technolgy in training for all disciplines. I did not work in that department personally, but I would have loved the opportunity.
Pros
continuing education, referral bonus
Cons
the insurance starts after 90 days of employment, they are very understaffed, and training time is limited.
Clinically driven therapist owned and operated company
Area Rehab Manager (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaFebruary 12, 2013
Established, yet growing therapy contract company with mission, vision, and operations focused on clinical excellence in therapy for residents of ILFs, ALFs, and SNFs it serves. Good reputation among senior care communities and with therapists in this area.
Pros
opportunity for advancement, computerized documentation, clinical support, reasonable productivity expectations, albeit a business
Cons
field needs more corporate/clerical staff support to be optimally productive
Wonderful comapny
COTA (Current Employee) –  Kokomo, INAugust 13, 2015
The company and employees are wonderful. Staff provides a good team work effort. Some managers have too much on their plate but overall provide the best they can. Caseloads tend to vary tremendously making it difficult to maintain hours.
Great therapist owned company with great work environment
Physical therapist (Current Employee) –  ColoradoJune 16, 2014
Enjoy working for a therapist owned company that honors the valuable work that therapists do each day. Great working in assisted and independent living communities
Pros
flexible hours, great work environment, excellence in clinical programming
Cons
benfit costs continue to rise
Excellent ethical company!
PT (Current Employee) –  NCMay 22, 2013
Excellent company to work for. Administration had excellent ethics and are concerned about patients' well being! Great opportunities for PT/OT/ST who want to work for an ethical therapy company. Great perks as well!
Pros
Ethical, therapist owned and operated, good salary
Cons
Productivity standards
A Great First job
COTA/L (Current Employee) –  INNovember 3, 2014
I have no real complaints about the job, other than the inconsistent hours. Due to the nature of my facility, there are times I have an overwhelming caseload and other times I struggle to maintain my full time status at 32 hours.
Pros
Training, Management, Patients, Hours
Cons
Low Caseload at Times
PT (Current Employee) –  Kingwood, TXAugust 24, 2015
I was well assisted throughout the process of employment, with good compensation, communication among staff is effective and efficient.
Great company that values their employees.
Rehab Director (Former Employee) –  IndianaMay 12, 2015
Great place to work that values their employees and promotes a culture of caring. Great opportunity for continued learning and growth.
Good company to work for
Occupational Therapist/Director of Rehab (Former Employee) –  Lillington, NCJanuary 26, 2014
Overall a good company to work for. Pay is good, benefits are decent. Management isn't overly pushy. Coworkers seem to be good overall.
Pros
Good company
Cons
Small company, not much room to move up
Difficult to manage productivity requirements, many difficult personalities.
PTA (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, COJanuary 30, 2013
I would not recommend working for this company. Much more concerned about the bottom line than the individual or the patients served.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LEGACY HEALTHCARE SERVICES. Our community is ready to answer.