Legal & General America Employee Reviews

Enjoyable, high paced environment
Assistant Underwriter/Case Manager (Current Employee), Garden City, NYMay 2, 2015
Legal & General America at one time was chock full of motivation, and offered the promise of advancement, however over the years has cut back to such an extent that the NY office has closed and we are all working remote. The days are busy, which I enjoy, and I have constant communication with other employees and the field. It is sometimes difficult to get answers from management as they are not trained as such, and I generally have to scout around to satisfy the needs of my customer, Oddly, the ability to get the needed info provided a challenge for me and I always get a really good feeling when I am able to help and get an answer to a client, despite lack of management knowledge.
good place to work
Senior Tax Specialist (Former Employee), Frederick, MDMarch 27, 2015
I have learned a lot at this company. I got along very well with management. It is a place where there is a very good balance of work and personal life. Great co workers.
Legal & General America low cost provider life insurance company, that is growing fast nationally and international.
Corporate Services Assistant (Former Employee), Frederick, MDAugust 20, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: could not work remotely
A typical day of work at Legal & General America for me was revising or creating new forms. Most of my day was dedicated to the creation of new company forms; however, as state regulations changed, I also revised forms in productions, as required. I also dedicated a good part of my day to send bid requests to vendors for printed items, such as envelopes, and brochures. At this company, I learned different softwares, such as InDesign, and Output Designer,and became familiar with the Adobe creative suite. I have no complaints about management, I was fortunate to work for a exceptional and professional team leader. When it comes to co-workers, I think I had the best team players, and co-workers a person can ask for; we treated each other with respect and saw each other as family members. The hardest part of my job, was to keep up with all the states changes and the forms current and updated. The most enjoyable part was working on different projects and having the opportunity to learn multiple skills.
Productive, intense and challenging work environment.
Executive Assistant to CEO and President (Former Employee), Frederick, MDAugust 16, 2013
Pros: great group of people. great learning experience.
Cons: poor communication from upper management. lay-offs. office gossip.
There was no typical day. I learned a great deal at this job. I handled all the Board Meetings to include catering, entertainment, travel logistics for the Board Members, board books, etc. I worked with very bright people and took advantage of soaking up as much knowledge as possible. It was a very diverse work environment, which was also a plus. I enjoyed problem solving with customer complaints that were directed to the Executive Office. The most enjoyable part of the job was how much I learned and the vast diversity of my tasks and responsibilities. The hardest part of the job was the poor communication and the mixed messages from upper management and the amount of office gossip that seemed prominent from the higher ups to the lower ranked employees - it created a somewhat unprofessional environment.
Good working environment with a team that covered one another
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee), Frederick, MDApril 9, 2012
Flexible work schedule as long as daily critical duties are executed. Coverage always available in the case an employee is absent. Cross training was most enjoyable thus the work always got done and we were not falling behind.