Legal Department

Legal Department United States Employee Reviews

Consulting firm specializing in infrastructure of mission critical web sites
Legal Operations Coordinator (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 6, 2015
• Consulted on the configuration and implementation of information/security systems for Time, Inc., TimeOutNY and JG Sullivan Interactive
• Maintained relationships with leading IT software/hardware companies (Sun Microsystems and Cisco) to generate new business channels
• Consistently exceeded quarterly sales quotas ($3 million)
• New business prospecting resulted in the acquisition of Sotheby's, Liveperson, StarChefs.com and DynamicWeb
Fun place to work with opportunity for growth.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), ElSegundo, CANovember 22, 2014
I appreciate the fact that I learned two new software programs in my short employment. Everyone that I met was helpful and so kind. I managed to have a little trouble in the begining but was able to overcome that obstacle.
Having great lawyers in high places, on the 14th floor
Intern (Former Employee), South Bend, INNovember 4, 2014
Pros: interacting with great lawyers and the mayor of the city.
Cons: knowing that it was only for a specified time.
A typical day during my internship in the legal department was compiling a report for the Chief City Attorney, going to court proceedings and also Code enforcement Hearings, and really learning more about the operations of my local city government. Everyone was great to me and always willing to give assistance when needed and not making me feel like I was being a nuisance. The hardest part of the job was not being able to do more, however their were policies in place that mandated what interns could do and their experience and knowledge of the law. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know these people and working with them, and being told that I could always utilize them as references when needed.
Constant chance and personal and business growth make for a great company
Bankruptcy Coordinator (Current Employee), Lombard, ILAugust 23, 2014
Pros: monthly bonus
Cons: telling people we are filing a motion for relief from stay to take their homes and/or cars
A typical day at work starts with managing any new accounts with members that have filed bankruptcy 7 or 13. After that there are proof of claims to be filed and reaffirmations to be sent out and a Q that needs to be checked on daily to follow up with hearings, proceedings and payments to member's accounts from the trustee.
Part of why I love working in the legal world is because nothing is ever constant. No case is the same. It forces me to read each case individually and treat it accordingly.
My coworkers and I are constantly talking about changes in law, everything from marijuana to litigation to collections.
The hardest part about working in the legal department is telling people they lost their privileges, such as a credit card, overdraft protection, or worse, their homes and/or cars.
The most enjoyable part of the job would be seeing how much we collected every month in recoveries and receiving a monthly bonus.
Management was wonderful
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Mesa, AZMay 21, 2014
Enjoyed this position. I had several opportunities to learn new things. Sadly this hardest part was being transferred due to an executive decision.
Environmentally Educational
Forest Preserve District of Cook County (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMay 13, 2014
Learned about the environment in a professional organization with good leaders.
Temporary
Staff Assistant (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXMay 8, 2014
Pros: in my field
Cons: temporary
This was a temporary position when I first started with AMR.
District Office Internship Cuyahoga Community College
Student Intern (Former Employee), Cleveland, Ohio 44115April 30, 2014
Pros: learned how a law office functioned
My typical day consisted of writing legal memorandums. I wrote legal memorandums with a focus on education on these topics:
1. How does the College respond to a Public Record Request?
2. What are the steps to renew a trademark?
3. How does a handle a foreign public records request?
4. Whether a bargaining unit agreement covers FMLA and should
College employees fill out FMLA forms.

I learned how to work in a law office and understand how a office is run. to help College (which was the client) for the ten weeks I worked there.

Management treatment was good to me while I was there.

The assignments were a good learning experience.
Busy busy busy - worked lots of extra hours sometimes 7 days per week.
Permanent position as Data Assistant (Former Employee), Boston, MAApril 14, 2014
Pros: the opportunity to experience working in a business setting and to work as a manager.
Cons: the hours
The goal of this department was the collection of defaulted, federally guaranteed student loans. Many of these accounts ended up in litigation. The collection effort sometimes led to very stressful interactions with borrowers.

While at ASA I learned a lot about managing people and substantial annual budgets. My typical day consisted of assigning accounts for pre-litigation collection activity under the direct supervision of the Senior Attorney. This involved preparation of litigation packets and recommendation to the legal staff regarding accounts to be moved to court.

For the last two to three years at ASA, I was working 6 days a week and sometimes seven. I enjoyed the people I worked with; however, in hindsight the job was extremely stressful, in part due to the lack of support from senior management.
department deleted
Risk Management Secretary (Former Employee), Saint MichaelDecember 6, 2013
This department was caught in the middle of hospital politics and my job was deleted. The remnants of this department was absorbed into another department that I was not needed. Another department picked me up. This supervisor was kind and considerate unlike others.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), New York, NYDecember 1, 2013
Pros: office was on the 2nd floor
Cons: no room for advancement
This was an Administrative position in a small office. A typical day at work was heavy phone, filing, and preparing papers for court. Management was pretty much at the discretion of the general counsel. Office was genial. Hardest part of the job was isolation.
Productive and friendly work environment
Office Assistant (Current Employee), Imperial, CAJuly 9, 2013
Cons: i'm a temp. there is no vacancy right now.
I'm really happy working for IID because it's a friendly and cooperative place to work. Everyone has the attitude and disposition to help the co-workers.
We all respect each other.

I've learned legal terms (I'm working as an administrative assistant in the legal department).
high stress high pressure position
Administration Team Associate (Former Employee), Saginaw, MIJune 28, 2013
very demanding job. takes a special person to be able to track down persons who are intentionally hiding from responsiblities
Great opportunity to interact with the community.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Houston,TXNon ProfitJune 3, 2013
Pros: non-profit
Cons: non-profit
Personal integrity, and driving initiative to provide urgently needed legal services to the community as quickly, and efficiently as possible were my tools. Everyday was a waiting challenge overcome by enthusiasm, and teamwork.
Very exciting place to work. Met a lot of important people.
Executive Administrator, Corporate Tax Department (Former Employee), Sunnyvale, CAMay 27, 2013
Pros: very educational and met interesting people.
The working environment was wonderful. Counseling students, fellowship meetings, recruiting for students for jobs and graduate school. Management was wonderful.
HR Director/CEO Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Carlsbad, CAMay 13, 2013
Pros: hours were great and fridays were great. firm closed at 1:30 pm each friday.
Cons: off of miramar road, heavy traffic.
Loved to work in the culture of the firm. Family-friendly with flexible hours.
Family Owned Business
Executive Assistant (Current Employee), Eagan, MNApril 4, 2013
Pros: work/life balance
Cons: benefits
Executive Assistant to the SVP, General Counsel, Deputy General Counsel, and Board of Directors.

Supported executives with travel, calendaring, event planning, presentations, expense reports and day-to-day administrative duties.

Coordinated all Board and Committee Materials, Minutes, Agendas, and Resolutions.

Coordinate personal jet schedules.

Work daily in MS Office Suite, Oracle, CAMP Flight Database at a high level of proficiency.

I do not feel my job is hard.

Most enjoyable part of my job is my managers/supervisors. They are great to work for and I enjoy working hard for them.

I have learned a lot about the production of windows and materials used.
Great benefits. Normal office hours except during or while preparing for trials.
Litigation Paralegal (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMNovember 21, 2012
Was assigned to work for three litigation attorneys. Majority of time was spent preparing and analyzing medical records. Prepared and sumitted pleadings for attorneys review and filed with federal and state courts.
Good Place to work, great people to know
Executive Secretary (Current Employee), Columbus, OHOctober 17, 2012
Pros: location
Cons: people always have an opinion about you working for the government
This office has been a great one to work for, the environment makes it easy to go to work in the morning.
Friendly and interesting work place
Compliance Administrator (Current Employee), Olympia Fields, ILOctober 13, 2012
Drafting legal franchise documents from a Business Plan provided by Strategic Planning then finalizing documents to prepare for state regstration to 23 states that require registration. Co-workers are fun and friendly; intereact on a daily basis with co-workers. The most enjoyable part of my job is making my clients satisfied and happy.

Legal Department Salaries