Legal Sea Foods Employee Reviews

Great Environment to work, overall good job
Fry Cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAMay 2, 2017
The work was easy pretty smooth in the mornings I would come in and portion food for both the morning and night shift. The managers were excellent, everyone seemed like they enjoyed the job. the hardest part was closing the cook area. I enjoyed the environment. And always busy so time seemed to always go by.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
short breaks
It is fun for a time
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 28, 2017
The pay is okay. There could be more benefits, if you work in the corporate side, I am sure it is better. Bartending there was okay, they are a little uptight about things.
Pros
lucrative
Cons
open on all holidays and it is mandatory that you work some
Mediocre
Server (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAApril 25, 2017
Require a lot from workers. Would be better as a side job. Sometimes slow, sometimes busy. They would over staff and send people home when not needed. Had to plan around them not the other way around.
Evil corporation
Server/Bartender/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Natick, MAApril 22, 2017
This place is EVIL. They treat their employees like garbage. You are required to work holidays with no holiday pay, not even overtime. You HAVE to work Thanksgiving and Christmas and they don't pay overtime, no holiday pay, not even a bonus. Scum of the earth they are. Cheap, horrible capitalistic pigs. Their customers constantly complain because they want something free. It's overpriced and not that great, so people complain often. What an awful place, steer clear!
Pros
Cons
Many
Fast paced and very fun
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Chestnut Hill, MAApril 19, 2017
I loved working here. My usually day consisteed of greeting and seating guests. I loved meeting so many new people everyday and the guests were very easy to chat with. Being able to oplenly and genuinely talk to new people makes the work shift move much faster.
Pros
free lunch, paid vacation
Cons
unpaid breaks, no sick time
Do not work here
Server (Current Employee) –  Chestnut Hill, MAApril 14, 2017
Legal Seafoods has an amazing reputation in the industry so, many prospective employees don't hesitate to apply. BEWARE! They treat their employees poorly. The management will make you feel as if you are in middle school with their rule and agenda. I worked at legals for many years and I understand why the management responds to their employees as they do, its because the higher ups put unrealistic pressures on them and gives them bonus incentives to come down hard on their employees. DO NOT APPLY!
Fun but hot
Cook (Former Employee) –  Charlestown, MAApril 13, 2017
Restaurant is a hot place. but fun. everything is organize. from dish washer to the head chef, we all complete and participate to make a good meal for the customers. sometimes it hard specially when it is a busy day where you can have twenty tickets to execute at the same time. it is little hard but enjoyable.
Industry Leader
Chef (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 5, 2017
Restaurant company that understands the importance of creating an experience for the guest. Legal Sea Foods has created a brand that is known for its uncompromising quality and value.
Fun place to work
Senior Server/Trainer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 1, 2017
Can be hectic on the weekends!! Financially rewarding most of the year. Convention season and large downtown Atlanta events bring many customers. Great Seafood!!
Pros
Meet great people/Freshest Seafood
Cons
Need Southern Desserts
Productive and Friendly Atmosphere
Server (Current Employee) –  Braintree, MAMarch 15, 2017
Working at Legal Seafood has been a great experience. I have been welcomes into their community with open arms and was taught the ropes very quickly with qualified trainers. Working there has been something I look forward to when I return home from school.
Pros
Friendly co-workers and guests, helpful and kind managers
Cons
short-breaks, long hours on your feet
Good Place!
Key Associate (Current Employee) –  Braintree, MA 02184March 14, 2017
Not a bad place to work as long as you can get past the constant new faces that come threw there. Its hard work and really busy so most people do not last. If you are a hard worker you can go far with this company!
Knowledgable group. Friendly work environment
Chef (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 12, 2017
A great company to grow and learn new skills. Amazing passion for fresh food and guest services. A good fit for multiple levels of experience. Highly recommended.
Pros
Resources, quality
Cons
In between corporate and small feel restaurant
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 6, 2017
This was a great place to work. I liked the direct contact that I had with the cusrtomers at my oyster bar. I got to see a lot of famous people while working here.
Pros
Cons
Lack of hours
Good place to make money
Server (Former Employee) –  Huntington, NYMarch 4, 2017
The menu was a little pricey and the restaurant offers bottle service so there was always ample opportunity to make money if you knew how to sell yourself a little. Management always made sure you were comfortable with workload and helped if you were overwhelmed.
Very Productive
Dishwasher/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 22, 2017
Supply you with lunch if u never brought it. Overtime was there if needed and the pay was great. Kept me busy everyday coming into work for more then 10hrs sometimes
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short breaks
Really fun job, unfortunately.
Head Server/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 21, 2017
I desperately wanted to make this job work out - the people there really are like a family. I appreciated the education I received here on beer, wine and liquor. Management has been so hypnotized to worry about the guest experience that servers are often treated unacceptably by guests, sometimes physically. Inappropriate Managerial conduct and hypocrisy abounds, and in order to get a promotion you have to put in your 2 weeks notice.
Pros
1 Free shift meal
Fun place to work
Cook/Prep (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 15, 2017
You leave new things everyday and are involved with fresh food. Atmosphere is fun and the staff is great. There is never a dull moment. The chef is great to work for.
host/board runner
Host (Board-Runner) (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 5, 2017
Great company to work for. However, often stressful and the lack of pay/hours did not reflect the hard work put into making the restaurant a successful business.
Pros
learned a great deal about hospitality
Cons
little pay. not enough hours
Productive and fun place to work
Server (Current Employee) –  Peabody, MAJanuary 25, 2017
The most enjoyable part of my job was meeting new people. The management was great and everyone was extremely professional. The only thing I'd wish for would be more business.
Ok place to work
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MAJanuary 11, 2017
Not Happy with pay and long, long hours required. Working at Legals isn't bad.........if you don't have a life. The staff is great and the location is convenient to get to by public transportation or car.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Long Hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Legal Sea Foods. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval