Legal Sea Foods

Legal Sea Foods Employer Reviews

Not worth the stress
Certified Trainer and Head Server (Former Employee), Braintree, MAMay 12, 2014
Despite serving amazing food, the work culture is very unprofessional. Management lacks knowledge and is often unapproachable
fast paced upscale casual workplace
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee), Boston, MAApril 15, 2014
Pros: family environment from the berkowitz's
Cons: very political at the director level
Fast workplace environment. A lot of repeat guests. Management environment tended to be political which hindered an outsiders chance of advancement.
Balance multiple tasks simultaneously
Trainer / Senior Staff (Current Employee), Huntington, NYMarch 6, 2014
One of my main jobs was to improve staff development by training new employees and mediate expectations between upper management and new hires. It was very team oriented and customer satisfaction was the ultimate goal.
Very diverse work enviroment with good hours and pay.
Mail Order Processor (Former Employee), Boston, MAFebruary 25, 2014
The days at Legal Sea Foods work a lot of work but went by very quickly due to the amount of work that had to be completed. I learned alot about the shipping and recieving system in a big company. My managers and co workers were very helpful and consistent, this beiing a big plus due to the amount of work was required in a timely manner.
Exelent food and staff.
First Cook (Former Employee), Short Hills, NJJanuary 7, 2014
Delicious food, great ingredients and fun staff always looking out to help you.
Terrible management and work environment
Overnight Cleaning Crew (Former Employee), Short Hills, NJOctober 6, 2013
Cons: poor treatment of employees
You come in at night and leave when ever they allow you, never at your scheduled time. The management staff is very irresponsible and immature honestly. The co-workers are the only highlight of this job. Its a very stressful job.
High volume and fun
Lead Host/Food Runner (Former Employee), Dedham, MASeptember 12, 2013
Dealing with guest and making sure they are taken care of.
Learned multitasking, learning how to deal with certain stressful situations, handling money, Organization skills
Excellent Experience
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee), Short Hills, NJMay 3, 2013
Very high standards of quailty and sanitation. This company provides excellent expereince that furture employers should be thrilled to see. They set the standard for what most restaurants strive for as far as service, quailty and sanitation. I worked my way from bartender to AGM and learned so much as an internal promote.
Best of the Best Seafood & Wine Selection.
Server (Former Employee), Boston, MAApril 15, 2013
Pros: family meal, great food, great wine list, great drinks, great service.
Cons: some extra time intensive tasks
Training at this company is very intensive, because of seafood and shell fish allergens we have to be extra careful when serving any guest. When I originally began my career with legal, I lived in Boston. The location I worked at was home to a 10,000 bottle wine cellar and every server was inclined to build their wine knowledge. The company offered – more... wine tastings as well as dish sampling through our training. Management was always very pleasant and helpful. All of my co-workers were very knowledgable whether it was wine and spirits, or food. The hardest part of this particular job was making tea believe it or not. We had individual cast iron tea kettles that we would bring anyone who ordered tea. It wasn't a difficult tasks by any means, just time consuming, and if you had a couple of orders of tea and it was busy and there was no cream close by, or any clean kettles, you might just be pushed into the "weeds" a bit. – less
The management was constantly relocating
Host (Former Employee), Boston, MANovember 13, 2012
Pros: always opportunities for: career advancement. the free meals are a plus
Cons: management advanced and relocated a few times during my time of employment.
At legal Sea foods, if an employee works hard it pays off well.
Fun Workplace
Line Cook/ Fry (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PaNovember 7, 2012
Generally a nice work environment. Good standard on safety and sanitation
Wonderful company
Server/Host/Certified Trainer (Current Employee), Boston, MAJuly 8, 2012
Great employer with excellent training program! Outstanding growth opportunities, and all around fun place to work at.
Fun.
Server (Current Employee), Huntington, NYMay 22, 2012
My co-workers are what keeps me coming back to work.
The hardest part of the job can be the demanding customers.
I have learned a great deal about human nature, behaviors, and also about nutrition and caloric contents of the foods we serve.

About Legal Sea Foods

Everything at this seafood chain is above board. Legal Sea Foods operates a popular chain of more than 30 upscale casual-dining – Read more