LegalZoom.com

LegalZoom.com Employee Reviews

Professional, Positive, and Fun place to work.
ACCOUNTING SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, CASeptember 29, 2013
A Typical Day at work would be going in at 8:30. Grabbing a cup of tea and sitting at my desk reviewing emails, customer requests to process refunds and credit card charges. Majority of the day is spent processing refunds and charging customer credit cards following the approval and confirmation to proceed with their orders. All departments are checked hourly to make sure all phone orders are processed and confirmed. Monthly reconciliation of 3 credit cards were also done and replenishment of secretary of state accounts completed monthly.

The management and Co-workers were definitely fair and each person had a unique and upbeat personality. This was definitely an office where the co-workers and management is one of the things you look forward to when going to work.

The hardest part of this job making sure all customer requests were satisfied on the daily basis. Requests consisted of over 700 requests daily.

Every part of this job was enjoyable, unfortunately during my time of employment I had to prioritize school making it difficult for me to balance full time work and full time student at the same time.
Pros
staff and environment, compensation & benefits, location (hollywood & highland)
Cons
time conflict with school, traffic to and from work.
Good Company overall
Business Formation / IP - Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 3, 2014
The culture is good, the pay is good but the work life balance could be better, and just a little more stability.
Pros
good commission structure
Cons
no 401k matching, mandatory overtime, high turnover
Fast paced, productive environment.
Salesforce Administrator / Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAJune 18, 2015
Wonderful place to work. Typical day involved a few meetings, reports, continued Salesforce user support and instance maintenance. More reporting. Management was superb. Allowed me to take lead on certain projects and provided support and feedback as needed. I had the pleasure of working with a great team and I can't say enough positives about them. The most enjoyable and rewarding aspect were the challenges and the resolutions to new proposals and implementation.
Pros
Great atmosphere, employee perks.
A fast growing company!
IP Customer Care (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 21, 2012
At LegalZoom, we work hard and play harder! I have had the great opportunity of working with conscientious individuals that understand the idea of customer satisfaction and quality! I have learned that being apart of a brand new company entails constant change, and most importantly, it requires patience! I have enjoyed working with young individuals that have demonstrated initiative, creativeness, and professionalism daily.

The hardest part of the job is specific to the notion of change and implementation of new policies and procedures. I feel opportunity for improvement would be for management and leads to work in concert with one another to assure the message of these changes are consistent; there have been a few instances where different messages have been conveyed, and this has affected quality and morale amongst the teams. The great thing about this is how quick the company responds to these instances to ensure the team may be successful and the customers are satisfied. I have taken this lesson to heart because recovery is key to success, and I feel this company as demonstrated that very well.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the comradely that exists amongst our employees. Everyone experiences great days and challenges alike, and the support I have received from reps and managers has been very comforting! I have enjoyed working in customer care, and I feel this company has created a stronger and more conscientious person due to this fact.
Pros
free lunches, plenty of over-time offered, great benefits.
Cons
short notice 30 minute lunches, training materials not up to date, conflicting directives from mangers and leads.
Its great place with wonderful people
Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Austin, TX, 78717October 9, 2014
but they did change the entire structure and compensation mid way through the year.
Productive and fun place to work. Great management, lifestyle, and support
Business Svc Specialist (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 31, 2012
A typical day at work included sitting at my desk, answering emails, following up on messages and phone calls, handling customer concerns and complaints.
I learned quite a bit about the legal world and what it takes to begin a business.
Management was very easy going, there was a strong open door policy and lots of support.
The hardest part of the job was sitting for long hours.
The management and co-workers made this job very enjoyable.
Pros
hours, management, lifestyle, accomodating
Cons
pay
LegalZoom; Not your typical sales environment.
Sales Analytics (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 3, 2014
Legalzoom is not your ordinary sales environment; laws dictate that it be a very customer centered sales position about informing the customer of all their legal options rather than leading the customer to a decision based on opinions and preferences. This makes it a very meticulous, but positive and low pressure sales position. This atmosphere carries over into the culture as well. With frequent contests, activities, and events the company promotes a very open-door and friendly environment between both the employees and management. Being in the Sales Analytic department I would work closely with all of the sales floor, both phone representatives, management and senior management. Working here I have learned many key aspects of a sales oriented call center including, but not limited to, team and personal interaction, forecasting and predicting trends, mass communication, leadership, presenting data in an easily digestible format, and personal growth. The analytic team is a very small team which would make room for advancement the overwhelming con of the job. All things considered LegalZoom is a very welcoming, comfortable, and forward thinking company of which I've had a pleasure being a part.
Terrible place to work
Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 9, 2013
The pay is low, the environment is toxic and hostile, Human Resources is a joke. You're just a number to them, a body in a chair, and it's their way or the highway. You get lectured for going to the restroom or getting a drink of water, and frequently are pulled off the phone for "reviews" that add no value whatsoever to the customer's experience.
Pros
free food, free sodas, extravagant parties
Cons
low pay, no work/life balance, horrible bullying management
Energetic, classy and inspiration
Automation Specialist - Technology Department (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CAAugust 13, 2012
As an employee I've seen this organization grow throughout the years. It's a wonderful place to work and gain a steady and long-term career path as well as assist college students with gainful employment.
Pros
outstanding room for growth, great co-workers and management teams
Cons
2-3 hour commute for me each day.
Somewhat productive environment
Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 28, 2013
working at legalzoom.com was pretty nice. my coworkers were very cool and laid back. Management can be better for the department I was placed in, some instances the assistant manager would have a problem with doing his own job.
Pros
free lunches, very sociable environment
Cons
favoritism was displayed quite often
Provides Self Help for Legal Documents
Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CANovember 12, 2014
Fast paced call center. At least 100 calls per day to provide one on one service.
Company has a relaxed setting, takes care of employees. Hardest part of the job was the excessive amount of overtime.
I like the face that the founders believe that if you take care or your employees, they will work better for you.
Pros
brought in lunch at times, bagal fridays, big christmas party raffle.
Cons
excessive overtime
Poor product and too many dissatisfied customers.
Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 3, 2014
Call center for Customer service was high stress due to the immense number of dissatisfied customers. Co-workers all agree that the product is poor considering the length of time to completion and constant start / stop processing.
Pros
good pay for the positions
Cons
bad processes internally
productive awesome culture and work appreciation
Tier 2 Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 23, 2013
If I could work with this company from home, I would. Its by far the best company I have ever worked for.
They are about the customer, but they always take care of their employees. catered lunches from a variety of places, treats just because, bagels and smear every Friday. they host summer mixer every summer with free food and drinks plus more!!
Good
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 3, 2014
Great job. Management could use a little discipline. I learned a lot of different ways of handling irate customers as well.
Productive fun always something new to learn,
Sales Professional / Executive Account Manager IP (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 3, 2014
Very intense, there is never really a dull moment. Your always doing something which is great because the day flies by.
Pros
bagels on friday
Cons
i never took a break
hard work
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 5, 2014
The entire department was disappearing and no one seemed concered. Constantly changing procedures and commission structures. Ok for a first sales job but not if you can become easily stressed.
Pros
free bagels and shorts friday
Cons
they expect a lot from you without giving much in return.
Collaborative work environment
Human Resource Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 22, 2012
Each day was different and received feedback from employees that I was approachable for inquiries or concerns.
Pros
frequent employee appreciation, free food, approachable ceo's
Cons
no-dress code, not enough options for healthcare
fun and exiting place to work
Payroll Specialist (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CAJune 14, 2012
overall the people are great and its an exiting place to work. who wouldn't like wearing jeans to work everyday?
Pros
free lunches, great people and less bureaucratic