LegalZoom.com Employee Reviews

Loved Working at LegalZoom
Senior Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAAugust 10, 2017
I worked for LegalZoom for 8 years until they moved to Austin, TX. I enjoyed every minute of being there. I was in their Personal and Attorney Services customer care department. I handled escalated calls along with regular calls. I also had a special project that I had taken on with permission from my manager at the time I started there.
Pros
free lunches, company holiday parties
Cons
moved out of state
Fun Environment and great benefits
Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 3, 2017
I have been at Legalzoom for over a year and it is by far the best office environment I've worked in so far. The benefits are amazing and management is great as well.
A diverse and fun culture reflective of Austin
Lead - Customer Care and Performance Management (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 27, 2017
Working at LegalZoom is fun and challenging day in and day out. As an agent I stayed busy helping people build their dreams and during breaks and lunches there are private phone rooms where you can surf the web or tend to personal matters. There are banks of computers in the large break area for less private surfing and an occasional run away ping pong ball. Also several 60 inch flat screens with direct TV with living room style furniture to relax on. There are separate mini break rooms with free coffee as well as several different types of free milk. That's right - free milk. Whole, 2%, skim, almond and soy. There is also free Swiss Miss and tea.

LegalZoom is 100% no judgement and open. Everyone is pleasant and professional and laid back at the same time. You can have a conversation with the VP of another department just in passing or make small talk with a Director while getting free bagels on Friday. You'll see an older woman with purple hair and Converse All-Stars next to a guy with dread locks and $500 Jordan's next to a guy with a goatee, a Harley Davidson T-shirt and steel toe Doc Martins. And they are all smiling and having a great day at the Zoom.

The money and career opportunities are also great :)
Pros
Bagel Friday, Birthday Cake, Christmas party, summer mixer, barbecues, Monthly incentives, benefits, birthday holiday
Cons
You still work for a living
Rising Sales Goals with Decreasing Reward
Hybrid Phone Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 18, 2017
Having a base salary with commission on top is nice but when the culture shifted to working harder for less reward, the charm left. Middle management is ultimately unempathetic or receptive to assisting after 2 months of being on the floor and suggestions for improvement fall by the wayside. Prepare for consistent changes announced after they are in effect, and lacking support.
Pros
they have a nice in house gym
Cons
consistently being pulled off the phones, limited prospecting options making it harder and harder to acheive sales goals
Great place to work> But you better WORK
IT Leadership (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 13, 2017
In the IT arena its a great place to work. Though you better be prepared to get to work. This is not the place for a 9-3 kind of person, while not required expect to put in some serious time to accomplish your goals. Work life balance can be had if your willing to work for it. Stand up and be heard or don't complain.
Pros
Free coffee, reduced cost food items....good ideas tend to be listened too. GREAT place to really branch out.
Cons
can face micro management, slower to action than one would expect.
Great Benefits and Fun Job
Tier I Customer Care Agent (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CAMay 27, 2017
To be totally honest I cannot complain about LZ. They are great company to work for. Very fun atmosphere, and uplifting management. I will always encourage my affiliates to seek LZ for employment.
Cannot be worse
Director; Bankruptcy & Immigration (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 24, 2017
Just terrible, Don't work there, everything is going downhill. LZ used to be a great company, however junior management has totally abandoned the vision of senior management.
Pros
Handing in my two weeks
Great Company - Great People
Vice President (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 16, 2017
Nothing bad to say about working with LZ. The people are great and the mission of the company and organization is amazing. Democratizing law is an amazing goal and opportunity to disrupt an industry.
Pros
Great people, Great Office
Cons
Fast paced and somewhat stressful
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Crawfordville, FLApril 30, 2017
Handling multiple customers on the phone. managemet was very helpful but the job itself required a lot of knowledge of legal plans and such. I learned a lot about different business types ei: LLC, DBA, CORP
great pay but too many changes
Retention Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 27, 2017
There are amazing people work there, the pay is very good in the sales dept but they make too many that make people look for another job, way too many
Fun environment to work at
Partnership Manager (Former Employee) –  ChicagoApril 17, 2017
It was a fun laid back environment. Great people and great company to work for. It did get stressful at times but the culture environment was worth it.
Pros
people, environment
Cons
commute
Great place!
Registered Agent Specialist (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAApril 11, 2017
Great place to work. There is a lot of room for climbing the latter! There are lots of friendly workers there. The ceo's are really nice as well! I love this place. I wish i can go back
Pros
free bagels
Cons
short breaks.
changes
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 29, 2017
when i left they were going to changes with management. before the changes it was a good place to work. i didn't think there was a lot of advancement that the reason that i left
Quality Assurance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CAMarch 24, 2017
LegaZoom is a great caring employer. They're pay is competitive and they provide great benefits. I learned a great deal about the business documents, Intellectual product documents as well as the estate planning documents while working here.
Pros
Great people and fun environment.
Cons
I don't have any real cons to speak of about the company.
Fun workplace, Top heavy, Fun holiday parties
Quality Assurance & Compliance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CAMarch 20, 2017
The culture within LegalZoom is pretty fun. It used to have more of a startup feel but that was mostly lost as the company grew. The company is top heavy and you need to be in with the right people to move up. Compensation and benefits are pretty good too.
High pressure and click culture
Sales Specialist/Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 13, 2017
While the pay and some of the benefits are excellent for LegalZoom. The overall culture and bias in the company is not good. They tend to have a certain click that if you are not part of then your chances to grow in the company reduce greatly.
If you like dead end jobs with no career advancement opportunities apply!
Document Specialist (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 1, 2017
Management is a joke. If your in a position youre pretty much stuck there forever, unless you make a lateral move. Pay is insultingly low for the actual work that you do.
LegalZoom's Review
Senior Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAFebruary 6, 2017
I worked for LegalZoom for 8 years and enjoyed every moment of being their. They at first cared about their employees and how their employees were in the positions. After they opened up the TX office the environment changed but not a whole lot. I would still recommend LegalZoom to anyone who asks about their products as I still stand by them. I would still be working for LegalZoom if they hadn't moved the entire call center to TX.
Pros
X-mas parties, free lunches, give aways, ice cream
Cons
moving out of state
Solid company
Business Formation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 17, 2017
I enjoyed my tenure at LegalZoom and the knowledge and experience I gained. The reason I decided to leave was because I had a better paying opportunity with PCM.
Productive fun work Place
Customer Care Rep (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 20, 2016
Love it here, good people and environment. call volume is good, makes the time fly by. Management is great, Co- workers are grate and I'm just glad to be part of this organization.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LegalZoom.com. Our community is ready to answer.