Leggett & Platt Inc. Employee Reviews

A place to Work so I can take care of my Family.
Genral Maintaince (Current Employee), Georgetown, KYJune 27, 2015
Pros: It pays every week, does not have clock out for lunch.
Cons: Not having a day off and the point system and you could lose your job it you get sick.
Walk in go to my area and make sure I have what I need. See If there was any boxes left from the night before and break them down getting them ready for the compactor, then went around picking up the trash and cleaning and moping and getting the boxes as they are done with them so it does not get in there way of making them beds.
Co- Workers would ask me from time to time to help them and I would as long as I did not have nothing pressing me to get done. The hardest part of the Job was it was hot and long hours with no days off to be with my children. getting to work with some cool people.
Was great.
OFFICE COORDINATOR (Former Employee), Denver, COJune 25, 2015
Job was great until the long plant manager left. New management started firing people and reducing piece rate prices for difficult work in a hot and humid warehouse.
Receiving clerk (Former Employee), Conover, NCJune 15, 2015
7 to 3:30 4 to 5 days a week. Good team to work with.

Great benefits.

Interesting work.

Not climate controlled warehouse, hot in summer cold in winter.
Challenging and Productive
Freight Audit Specialist (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMay 14, 2015
Pros: Always busy, never a dull moment
Cons: No company contributions to 401k Plan, small vacation packages
Each day brought different challenges. There was truly no way to predict how things would unfold. Some days were stream-lined while other days there was many issues and errors to resolve. There were so many errors both internally and externally that often times much phone work was required which would delay getting results or fixes in other areas.

Co-workers were generally helpful in assisting my needs...some went over and above while others took much time in corresponding to requests. Most co-workers were indeed a joy to be around and very uplifting on a daily basis. Outside of a few co-workers, there was little camaraderie.

I learned that paying close attention to details and keeping of accurate records saves much time later. This allowed for easier access down the road if and when errors occurred. Keeping lines of communication open is a must. Patience is a high priority as well.

The biggest challenge I faced was waiting for other sources to complete errors and requests I had. Many took weeks to provide a simple fix, however, they too faced challenges within their departments and computer systems. Another challenge was in working with an over seas office that was on an entirely different time day and zone...there was only a small window of opportunity to make contact with our over seas office..if it was missed, something had to wait another day or sometimes two.

The most enjoyable part of my job was in resolving an outstanding issue and in the cleaning up of old accounts that were not previously resolved. And in helping another get something resolved for them. Being able to direct and assist was the most rewarding. There's no better feeling than being able to help and get results and give a co-worker information that enabled them to proceed in a task.
A great place to earn a respectable salary
Quality Inspector (Former Employee), Carthage, MOMay 13, 2015
A company that provides a competitive salary. Leggett is a manufacturing facility which accommodates a variety of skill from any worker.
Friendly and fun
Inventory Control Clerk, Stock Clerk (Former Employee), Lexington, NCApril 20, 2015
It was hard work, but the people and managers made it worth while.I learned quality control, and inventory skills while there. I started out in assembly and worked my way up. I felt they were fair.
not a good job, go as far away
Machine Operator/Paint line tender (Current Employee), atlanta, GaApril 8, 2015
Pros: it a pay check
Cons: nothing
Management played with employee hours the whole time. Would cut hrs. without notice. If I was you I would run as far away from this place. It a harsh work environment, it don't seem like you work in America. It like working in a sweet shop over seas in a different country.
hard work
MACHINE PRESS OPERATOR (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMarch 29, 2015
Pros: got paid every week
Cons: none
It was very hot and muggy, you always got filthy with this black stuff. It was hard labor but I liked it because it kept me in good shape
Stable Public Company
Division Controller (Former Employee), Carthage, MOFebruary 18, 2015
Well established public company with global presence. Accounting related duties included month-end processes, financial and operational analysis, management reporting, and day-to-day assistance with the operations. Challenges included bridging and consolidating information from the vast array of different systems used as part of being a public company with a global presence. I truly enjoyed the day-to-day duties helping management with business objectives, and helping the team carry out the mission.
With the new direction in place, the drive toward data related decisions is incredible and I enjoy the work very much.
Senior Data Analyst (Current Employee), Carthage, MoFebruary 15, 2015
I have met and maintained quite a few interpersonal relationships with the people at Leggett, they are good people and the direction the company is going will definitely sky rocket.
Good Benefits but Unaccountable of some management positions
Accounting Technician (Current Employee), Lexington, NCJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: good benefits
Cons: management should be held accountable-too much drama.
Good company to work for but some that have been there for lengthy periods refuse to change and are not held accountable for their jobs or actions. The controller gets the majority of the workload that the Office Manager, HR Manager and Scheduling Manager are supposed to be doing but don't and won't. Drama is ramped in this place and should not be. Hard to believe a company of this size allows for such immaturity and lack of knowledge of the jobs people they manage perform. In my personal opinion, all managers should know, understand, and be able to perform any of the duties that their subordinates perform. If they cannot, there is no need for them to be in their position.
terrible workplace
Purchasing Agent (Former Employee), Monroe, GAJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: management
They want you to give it all even to the point of putting work before family but they don't want to give back. There is no room for advancement unless you meet certain "personal" requirements.
Productive workplace with opportunity for growth
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: being able to learn many things that could lead to promotion within the company.
Cons: having to work long hours mostly standing and sometime heavey lifting
In a typical work day you could be doing any number of things , such as operating large machines to created metal parts for building and putting together metal shelving and bedding for commercial customers.
Overall a great place to work with people you can trust
Operations (Current Employee), Carthage, MOJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: great work environment & culture
Leggett & Platt is good company to work for with really good management. The only real down fall is that being such a secure place for people to work, it is hard to make a lot of movement in the company. This tends to have new fresh talent leave the company before Leggett really gets to see them shine. It is often a training ground for new graduates before they move on in their career.
overall not a bad place to work..workers just felt unappreciated
Machine Operator/Custodial Worker (Former Employee), High Point, NCJanuary 5, 2015
operate sit down forklift weigh up scrap and load raw materials into machine,monitor machines &troubleshoot problems,maintain a clean work enviroment throughtout the entire warehouse
Top notch people, top notch product
Assembler and Porter (Former Employee), Elyria, OHDecember 30, 2014
Gained experience with assembly work, portering, detailing, and quality management system.
Cost Accountant (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHNovember 28, 2014
My work week is categorically divided into personal deliverables and team deliverables. The week concludes on a team review wherein I ascertain the effectiveness and efficiency of each team member deliverables. For instance, on Mondays and Tuesday, I would chalk out team deliverables and brief them about priorities and the methods by which the targets could be achieved. On Wednesdays and Thursdays, I would keep a tab on the progress of tasks assigned to each team member whilst providing him/her feedback and problem solving guidance wherever required. On Fridays, I would call upon a team review meeting to analyze and ascertain achievements of targets.
Good job that requires great skills
cnc machine operator (Former Employee), fort worth texasNovember 18, 2014
Pros: for me the self pride i took in making great wooden products to specifications.
Cons: bad management
Overall i loved the job i enjoyed making all sorts off wood products using the CNC machines there and i learned alot. What i didnt like was the change in management as all top level supervisors and managers were replaced or they quit due to internal matters. The supervisor they put in charge of us knew nothing of the CNC process therefore there wasnt good direction and or management in that department which led me and many others to leave the company unfortunately.
Sinking ship
Anonymous (Former Employee), Atlanta, GANovember 14, 2014
No advancement opportunities, lack of leadership. Get out while you can.
Warehouse Coordinator (Former Employee), Atlanta, GANovember 11, 2014
Pros: christmas luncheon
Cons: healthcare
Excercise in the morning to get you ready to start your day. Next, you will have to pull pick sheets to instruct your drivers on their daily acitivities. This is a procedure that will go on all day. The hardest part of the job would be locating the product that is not in the proper locations. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping my employees in completing their assignment.