Leggett & Platt Inc. Employee Reviews

Missed up place
Assmbler (Current Employee) –  Leitchfield, KYDecember 11, 2017
Cut throat
Not good place to work
Run run run run run run from it
To many hours
A lot of favorite people special treat for them
New supervisor sucks
You will work 65+ hours a week
Drama zone. Poor leadership and training
Accounting Assistant (FT) (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, KYDecember 4, 2017
Don't work here if you can help it. They expect you to know how to do everything there without any training. Also, they are not very accepting of new employees. Office politics and backbiting are rampant.
It was a good job
Factory Worker (Former Employee) –  KentuckyNovember 23, 2017
I never had a job like this one that i can like to much every body was nice and cool a lot of team work if you need help in something the manager come and help if it was a problem the manaher comes and solved the situation if it was something the you dont now how to do it they come and help and teach you how to do it i love it
Pros
You have to take your own lunch
Cons
We have 5 minutes of braick 30 minutes and 10 more
Toxic and unsafe.
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Sterling, ILNovember 17, 2017
Work weekends all the time. Bounce from days to nights. Have to work weekends before and after vacation. Lack of experienced workers and they have a hard time keeping them. Poor management and safety.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Hatred and belittling
Great Place to Work
Installer/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 17, 2017
This was a great place to work. I learned a lot of new skills and met a lot of wonderful people. I worked with a lot of very diverse group of people that I learned a lot from.
Great place to work.
Production Trainee (Former Employee) –  Leitchfield, KYNovember 9, 2017
I learned a lot of new things working at Leggett and Platt. It was the first fast paced job I ever worked and first production job I ever had. By far my most favorite job I have ever had.
Very laid back work enviroment.
Safety/Quality/Environmental/HR Manager (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCOctober 18, 2017
Leggett was a company that provided as much training for your role that deem wanted or necessary. With Leggett there was no room to grow in the field hired in or if your interest in another position arose. The environment was very laid back. Once you became knowledgeable of the job hired to do; you were never challenged to improve or evolve for better opportunities.
Pros
Laid back environment
Cons
No room to grow
ok place to work
Operations Assistant/customer service (Current Employee) –  Carthage, MOOctober 16, 2017
ok place to work if you like lots of down time and like dealing with different people blah blah I really don't have much b=more to say about this company
Pros
overtime as needed
Cons
no advancement
Hard work for little pay if you haven't reached production
Clipper (Former Employee) –  Monroe, GAOctober 13, 2017
Overall I enjoyed working for the company but if you haven't made it to production rates yet and you finally do, you won't see much difference in your check because they "make up" for your lack of production prior. I loved my coworkers and bosses. But you basically bust your butt day in and out just to have them take money they think you owe them all because you couldn't reach production by being on one machine or machine breaking down. Your pay also depends on how well operators can run the machines. If there is a lot of downtime your chances of production pay rates are low.

Clipping is a tough job for little pay unless you're running multiple machines.
Pros
Busy, steady schedule, weekends off, they'd rather find a place you fit in than fire you but that can only happen if there is an opening
Cons
Short breaks, make-up pay, stressful at times
good factory work
Parts Room Clerk (Current Employee) –  Carthage, MOOctober 11, 2017
honestly if your looking for factory work its not bad. provided you get along with the environment, otherwise if they want you gone theyll push you out. good benefits but youll hardly live outside of your job.
Fast paced workplace. One never knows what to expect each day.
Quality manager (Former Employee) –  Carthage, MOOctober 10, 2017
Fast paced workplace. One never knows what to expect each day.
There could be a number of customer complaints to address along with unexpected requests from colleagues from other departments.
Our branch provides support to the Product Development group, Manufacturing Services Group, and Corporate Quality so there are many unexpected demands on our time and resources.
It is very difficult to coordinate every project so people just extend their courtesy as much as possible to get everything done.
Pros
The company is dedicated to encourage good personnel relationships
Cons
There are far too many unexpected demands on resources and often poorly coordinated.
Hard work stressful
Maintenance Manager/TMP Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Monroe, GAOctober 10, 2017
Had to place to work you were always micro managed, the salary never did incease much and the so called bonus was a joke, they always wanted more and more for less
Stressful And inappropriate management
Line Assembler (Former Employee) –  Spring Hill, FLOctober 8, 2017
Leggett is a very stressful place to work. You work 60/70 hrs a week and no time to take care of home. Management does favoritism and extremely inappropriate verbally and physically. No one to trust to speak about issues. Environment feels like highschool again. I would not recommend this job. It would be a better place if they didn't treat u like robots and actually cared about you. And if they get better management
Pros
Paid Vacation and Holidays
Cons
Over worked, under paid, and not appreciated
Stressful work environment
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 4, 2017
Ran machine to make sure the carpet padding was coming out correctly
Clean up work area
other duties as assigned
there was nothing enjoyable about the job as to the co-workers I worked with were lazy and did not like to do their fair share of the job that was required. It was very hot in the area with no fans or air. The company as a whole would be a great company to work for only if others would do work and not expect one person to work
Productive and challenging.
Inventory Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 2, 2017
Great match for my high energy needs. I was allowed to work with minimal supervision and literally "own" my position. While I was employed I was instrumental in achieving quarterly physical inventory exemption after my third year of employment. We still had this exemption at the time that I left. This was very fulfilling to me personally. I made some very great friends.
Pros
Quarterly employee appreciation lunches
Cons
Non-compliance with quality processes
not a great place to work
Packer (Former Employee) –  Lexington, NCSeptember 30, 2017
Fast pasted, stressful, to much favoratism, over worked underpaid, alot of days we have more downtime than work, alot change overs, and everything changes, bed rail, bag parts, instructions, boxes, end caps,
Pros
discount stock
Cons
everything
Leggett & Platt Review Summary
Machine Operator/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Monroe, GASeptember 27, 2017
Receive report from 1st shift machine operator on how machine was running and what maintenance needed to be done on machine before starting my shift. .Working on machine, taking all measurements, making sure beds are correct sizes. Filling out all the paperwork for maintenance done on machine. Getting wire needed for my shift to make beds for the night.
Pros
Good benefits, good pay, good work environment
Cons
People not keeping their machines maintained properly
Poorly managed with no advancement oppertunity
Employee (Current Employee) –  Tupelo, MSSeptember 25, 2017
Place is a joke.They will hire outside of the company before promoting within. If they do move you into another position they will pay you less than your predecessor and expect more from you. Pay is laughable. I would avoid this place like the plague. If i was looking for a job id wash dishes at a resturant before i came to work here. You are no more than low paid slave labor here and treated like you are disposable. If that is ok with you just apply you'll get a job because people walk out daily.
Pros
Laid back atmosphere
Cons
Money, advancement opportunity, paid time off
Grateful for being employed there
Customer Service Professional (Former Employee) –  Lexington, NC 27292September 25, 2017
A nice company, open door policy, management was very accessible. Coworkers were like family. Benefits were very good. Nice work environment and atmosphere.
Pros
Training
Cons
no place for promotion
enjoyed co workers and the job I performed
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  mason ohioSeptember 21, 2017
the job was a job I enjoyed doing and working with my co workers completing on time tasks and making productivity. Most of us started together and worker together for the remaining 20+ years. developing good relationships making the job more enjoyable until they went out of business. the company moved out of state and relocation was not currently an option.