Leggett & Platt Inc. Employee Reviews in United States

very low pay and horrible working conditions. alot of prejudice employees/employers
Clipper (Former Employee) –  branch 3July 18, 2016
worked there over 6 mnts. never offered job employment review nor raise. dirty environment.
horrible supervisors!
management sucks

should have that company SHUT DOWN! surprised they get away with so much disrespect and shady management.
most everyone I spoke to seems afraid of management because of possibility of losing there low wage jobs!

I QUIT. HAD ENOUGH.

wouldn't recommend a job there.. not even to my WORSE ENEMY!

the EnD
Pros
NONE
Cons
Most Everyone who works in its management
Accounts Payable/ Payroll clerk
Accounts Payable/Receivables and Payroll Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mexia, TXMay 18, 2016
this job taught me I had ability within me.

I would enter the daily time sheets for all employees and process timesheet reports. I would reconcile the Accounts receivables documentation for input to be paid. Generate Accounts payable reports to insure each vendor was paid correctly. Separate paychecks and all payroll information for distribution to warehouse employees.
Pros
excellent company to work for
Cons
prejudice and sexists situations adhered to
This was a great summer time job, slow in the winter months.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Tracy, CAMay 19, 2016
I couldn't say anything wrong with this company, the whole time working there we had ate good catering brought to use for using good safety habits. Also the business stayed opened for production 24 hours a day so we had all the overtime we wanted. Each part of the line was over looked by a great supervisor who knew his job well and knew what it took to defuse any mishaps before or while they where going on.
Pros
Free lunches and lots of over time.
Cons
Lots of overtime.
Tough Work
Labor Intern (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 27, 2016
The days were long, but only when you first arrive it is hard. The work gets easy and things become better. Team work never was a issue it was a plus. I learned so much about the job and operations, but I also learned more life skills. It also kept me in shape. The typical Day was hard labor between 9am to 3pm even though it was a 8am to 5pm things got better. I did what was expected of me and more.
Pros
free lunches, double time
Cons
short breaks, to much labor
Productive, detail oriented, labor intense
Material Handler/ Gluer Assembler (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCJanuary 27, 2016
Clock in.
Walk the floor to see if baskets of coiled fabric need to be taken out, and pushed to desired location written on the fabric by coil machine operators. Also kept areas around the machines swept, moped, kept areas clean. Glued on scrim to specialty ordered mattresses (Quantum Core Mattresses)
Pros
Good money
Cons
Never able to relax, or be home with family.
Great Place To Work For.
Major Purchaser for three facilities (Former Employee) –  Winchester, KYJanuary 19, 2016
Best job all around, great place to work , great people to work with, great pay, over all the best job I have ever had. When I first started at this job I was just a receiver of materials. I advanced quick. Wish they were still here and running full force. This would have been the job I retired from.
Pros
great benefits, money, company, and just a few minutes from my home.
Cons
company closed the job and moved it to Georgetown Kentucky
Great productive workplace.
Crater (Former Employee) –  Monroe, GAJanuary 18, 2016
Leggett & Platt provides a great working environment with very well pay some of the best benefits you'll ever find. I was assigned the hardest job at Leggett & Platt but I gained a lot of keys elements from working the job such as good team working skills, great hard working skills and excellent physical durability.
Leggett and Platt
Cost Accountant (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 29, 2016
Great company to work and co-workers are fun. The benefits are the best I ever had. Working for Leggett and Platt gave me the foundation for my accounting career.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
down time
a day at work
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Leitchfield, KYJune 30, 2016
Legget & Platt was an amazing work experience and they offered many benefits for employees and a easy work area to pick up a lot of hours
productive workplace
Crater (Former Employee) –  Monroe, GAJuly 12, 2016
- use of multiple hands on tools
- used a banding gun daily
- heavy lifting
- crate and band beds
- professional work environment
good people
Forklift, Expediter (Former Employee) –  highpoint ncApril 20, 2016
go to do my job load and unload trucks do inventory worked 10 to 12 hours a day pay hoildays good 401 plan working with people was very good
production manager
Industrial Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXDecember 3, 2015
Fast paced environment
Responsibilities in individual accounts (American Eagle, Barnes & Noble, Aeropostale, Gap, Nebraska Furniture, and Dollar General)
Supportive upper management
Pros
clear objectives, new accounts, P & L breakdown
Cons
no A/C, sold to Lozier, Inc.
Great Co-Workers
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Carthage, MOMarch 29, 2016
Good Company with great co-workers and benefits. Communication could be better between management and staff. Over-all good company.
Great working with the group of co-workers
Baler 1 (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CODecember 24, 2015
it is fun working with the group of guys I work with because they try to make work fun by laughing and joking around, makes your day go by a lot faster and work is more enjoyable instead of it being boring.
Productive but dirty workplace
Master Technician (Former Employee) –  Carthage, MOSeptember 24, 2015
Not a bad place to work, other than being dirty and coming home smelling like an oily factory. They have incentives based on production and seem to value their employees input on how to improve the work experience. Other than a few shady ways of making you work OT when you don't really want to and days after a holiday. They have a stock and 401k program as well as health benefits.
Pros
great place to work
Cons
lots of overtime
This was a fun place to work.
Customer Associate Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 11, 2015
This job was rewarding because my co-workers worked well together to accomplish professional goals. I learned a lot about the manufacturing industry and logistics. The management and sales team were a pleasure to work with.
Pros
This company was family oriented.
Cons
The business was sold and relocated out of state.
R&d
R&D Product Development (Former Employee) –  Carthage, MOFebruary 10, 2016
While working at Leggett & Platt I was responsible for building products for R&D. I had good hours with regular and scheduled breaks and meal hours.
Great place to work for
Freight Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Carthage, MOSeptember 7, 2015
Probably one of the better companies locally to work for. They have business all over the country and have good people to manage each of them. I was a freight coordinator and dispatcher and was assigned freight distribution for all branches in the SE part of the country. I arranged freight between branches to other branches or to customers directly.
Pros
Stable company with many benefits
Cons
no ons as far as I know
Good benefits and compensation
Shipping Clerk and Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  winchesterOctober 6, 2015
Pay at the plant is good and plenty of overtime is available. Benefits are really good and the environment is laid back as long as you are doing your job.
Pros
pay benefits and overtime
Cons
very little chance for career advancement
A loud and active environment with a lot of team work
Associate (Former Employee) –  Delano, PASeptember 11, 2015
L&P is a good place to work if you don't mind running around on concrete floors a lot.

I was trained in multiple jobs and worked closely with other associates to get the job done. Working on the machines was fun due to the technical aspect of it, but the job it self was hard on the body.