Leggett & Platt Inc.

Leggett & Platt Inc. Employer Reviews

I don't think I progressed very much in pay scale there
Large automatic press operator (Former Employee), Simpsonville, KYJune 28, 2014
Pros: steady work
Cons: not much advancement
It was steady as we go for a lot of years. But even before recession in 2008 it lost alot of business to oversea's markets. The plant did close in 2008, I was told.
people take advantage of you
Billing Administrator (Former Employee), San Bernardino, CAJune 9, 2014
I loved working here but as time passed I was given more dutiesand not being compensated, I allowed this to happen for almost a year and a half until I had enough. The promises that were made to me never happened and I had to move on.
Many memories and many duties. Many friends almost like family.
Safety Coordinator (Current Employee), Dallas, TxMay 28, 2014
Pros: off by 4pm, sat and sun off
Cons: short break, communication
When I get into work in the morning, first thing I do is check the e-mails on my Outlook Inbox. Then I go over my event planner and see what following events or appointments are coming up. I then do my safety walk through of our production plant, receiving, shipping, and office area and check for any violations (exit signs, fire extinguishers, tripping – more... hazards, PPE, safety signs, etc.). I then log in and write down my findings on an hourly basis. If it's the day for weekly fire extinguisher(62)/ eye wash station(8)/ exit sign check(23), I conduct this and write down my findings. If it is end of month, I do a riveter damage check(27), and safety supply room inventory. If we have a new hire that day, I train them Safety and OSHA wise. I may have to duplicate a form or flow chart and add or remove items on these forms. At this company I have learned how to work a manual press, automatic press, learned how to pack 1300 bed frames in one day. I learned how to type, microsoft office, how to make appointments, how to train, how to fax and scan, how to conduct Internal Audits, and how to conduct Inventory on raw material and finnished goods. I use a forklift when necessary to move material or machines. Management conducts meetings or BMP's. I am fortunate that my manager opened the door and put his trust and faith in me to become a Safety Coordinator. We have around 80 employees and Im happy to say I am friends with each one of them. I can also say that they are hard workers. I would have to say the hardest part of my job is doing something for the first time. That nervousness and wanting so much to do it right gets me, but as soon as I complete the task, I am so happy to conduct it again!! The most enjoyable part of my job is realizing how far I've come and much more I can accomplish!! – less
good benifites good people to work with
Worker (Former Employee), Carthage, MOMay 27, 2014
Pros: paid lunches
Cons: short breaks, very hard work
I enjoyed this job im just looking for better opportunities
Senior Accounting Lead (Former Employee), Stone Mountain GeorgiaApril 29, 2014
Pros: personable people. growth was encouraged.
Very busy but great place to work. Everyone was friendly and was able to learn a lot pertaining to several different departments. Growth was encouraged. The hardest part was having to work very late nights sometimes but only once a month.
Great Company to work for
Branch Manager (Former Employee), Tracy, CAApril 23, 2014
Pros: all pros
Cons: no cons
I enjoyed working for this company. The company states there most valuable asset is their employees. Great benefits.
Competetive and fun workplace
Operator (Current Employee), Carthage, MoApril 23, 2014
Pros: free cookouts, bonuses, holiday pays and vacations
Cons: short breaks
Do different things each week, I learned to operate and work on the machine at the same time(operator tech). Manage to operate two machines at a time, and work with very kind colleagues.

The hardest part of my job is when I see my colleagues are not pulling their weight as the way they should and can't control the down time. But the most enjoyable – more... part is pretty much everything, will document everything you do when your down, working on your own with a less supervise as long as you do your part. – less
Great manufacturing environment with great pay.
Production Analysis/Receiving Clerk (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 1, 2014
Pros: pay, great people
Cons: no cons
I Ioved working there. The company closed and moved to China. I was promoted within a year.
Tough company to work for employee is the last thing in their mind.
Driver (Former Employee), Edison, NJMarch 9, 2014
It Started great but after a while it turned out to be a hard place to work for, employee welfare was the last thing in this company's mind. I really hope it has changed in the last few years.
Sucked
Warehousemen (Current Employee), Carthage, MOFebruary 27, 2014
Worse job ever!!! Always smelled like paint, even after you took a shower you still smelled like an paint can!!!
stressful
Packer/Crater (Current Employee), Carthage, MOFebruary 25, 2014
I only work here cause I can't find anything better but if you can get what you want out of here then good luck
productive n making money
Labor (Former Employee), York, PAFebruary 3, 2014
Pros: making good money
a typical day here was doing the same thing over and over each day I worked on an assembly line got real god at it n was making some good money cause it was piece rate I learned how to work together as a team n help each other out to make that good money
Nice pay
Quality Control Specialist (Former Employee), Auburn, ALJanuary 11, 2014
Pros: great pay
Cons: no supervisory tructure
This was a nice paying job but it was no strict guide lines to go on.
Horrible management, , poor work conditions, people lie to your face
worker (Former Employee), dallasJanuary 7, 2014
Cons: unsafe work conditions abound
Management was inexperienced, safety a complete joke, trying to fix broken machines with other broken parts, low pay, backstabbing coworkers. Not a good place to work if you value your health or safety.
Electrician (Current Employee), Fort WorthDecember 8, 2013
Pros: good benefits, decent pay
Cons: psycotic supervisor
My department manager is verbally abusive and not professional at all. Due to the managers style this is by far the worst place I have ever worked. Other than that, most of the people are nice and its not bad.
Factory work
Production Clipper (Former Employee), Ennis, TXNovember 19, 2013
Great management and good work environment. 8 hour shift 2 breaks and a lunch. Usually in charge of 2-3 machines.
Corporate Culture to die for
Supply Chain Manager (Former Employee), San Bernardino, CANovember 19, 2013
Pros: room for growth
Cons: x
Down to earth Organization with great people to work with. Passionate Seniors Executives who are willing to teach the upcoming Managers/Directors
Productive and interesting work
Admin Asst to Gen Mgr (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLNovember 13, 2013
Pros: no dress code
Cons: there were no cons
I worked primarily for the General Mgr who was great but I also helped all other departments.
A very hard company. If you did not fit in they got rid of you.
Senior Quality Control and line Supervisor (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXOctober 7, 2013
Pros: pay and hours
Cons: working with convics
My typical day at work was to come in an hour early. Then set all my guys up on what we were doing for that day. I would have to teach them if they were new or just have to rego over what we have done. I learned the assembly of industrial units.
Great working enviroment
Route Coordinator (Former Employee), Edison, NJSeptember 18, 2013
Pros: great company
Provided Customer Service, Call Center, Shipping, Receiving, Warehouse, Logistics, Dispatch; Scheduled appointments for deliveries; completed faxing, filing and order entry; provided support to supervisor when needed.

1 2 3 4

About Leggett & Platt Inc.

That spring in your step after a good night's sleep may be there courtesy of Leggett & Platt (L&P) -- the pioneer of steel coil – Read more