Leggett & Platt Inc.

Leggett & Platt Inc. Employee Reviews

Busy / Good Place to work
Document Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tracy, CAJanuary 13, 2017
A typical day would be busy and fast paced which I love and I got to become certified as a ISO 9000 Auditor. I got to start up their ECO Initiative Program and got them certified. The people were great. The downside was that Management tended not to hear some of the ideas of other. I really enjoyed all the things I learned there. I could cover 3 other departments and proud to be able to do so.
Pros
The people and teamwork
Cons
No raises
I LOVED IT! got to build beds and learned new things everyday!
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Spring Hill, FLNovember 25, 2016
Great company to work for the benefits are good. They have great worker. There a lot of hard worker just like myself that get out there every day to better there life and work hard to get there! Breaks was great! they really cared about the worker. and everyone was a team.
very low pay and horrible working conditions. alot of prejudice employees/employers
Clipper (Former Employee) –  branch 3July 18, 2016
worked there over 6 mnts. never offered job employment review nor raise. dirty environment.
horrible supervisors!
management sucks

should have that company SHUT DOWN! surprised they get away with so much disrespect and shady management.
most everyone I spoke to seems afraid of management because of possibility of losing there low wage jobs!

I QUIT. HAD ENOUGH.

wouldn't recommend a job there.. not even to my WORSE ENEMY!

the EnD
Pros
NONE
Cons
Most Everyone who works in its management
Fast pace but well designed, production with quality
Assembly Line Worker/Packer/ Tool and Die (Former Employee) –  Linwood, NCJuly 27, 2016
Assembly Line production with mass amount of products and compensation for your production and going over your quota.
Pros
Decent pay, great benefits, job security
Cons
Ventilation, summers are extremely hot
a day at work
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Leitchfield, KYJune 30, 2016
Legget & Platt was an amazing work experience and they offered many benefits for employees and a easy work area to pick up a lot of hours
Fun work place
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Tracy, CA 95376June 14, 2016
Operated Splicer machine that would cut carpet padding for industrial and residential contractors to be distributed. work with an fun enviornment .
Pros
Comfortable Break room
Cons
Healthcrae benefits
Leggett and Platt
Cost Accountant (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 29, 2016
Great company to work and co-workers are fun. The benefits are the best I ever had. Working for Leggett and Platt gave me the foundation for my accounting career.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
down time
Great place to work - employee oriented
Sales Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIOctober 10, 2016
Great management, team oriented pleasant place to work! Ability to travel, opportunity for promotions within, opinions & input was always welcome & appreciated
It was a productive and fun place to work for
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CAAugust 18, 2016
A typical day at work was always busy and challenging but would go by fast.I learned a lot of things that a data entry clerk does.Management was very nice and professional.My coworkers were also nice people.The hardest part of my job was when sometimes it was really busy and had a lot of written orders but I would always finish without a doubt.The most enjoyable part of my job is that I had my own desk and was able to decorate it as I pleased and was able to have my little stereo which made my day flow awesome.
Pros
Birthday celebrations & Potlucks
Cons
n/a
Excellent Establish Company
Budget Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Carthage, MOJanuary 18, 2017
I enjoyed working at Leggett & Platt. Everyday was a new adventure with many ways to learn and cross train. The only reason I left was I wanted to move up in my career and I didn't want to relocate.
Great Co-Workers
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Carthage, MOMarch 29, 2016
Good Company with great co-workers and benefits. Communication could be better between management and staff. Over-all good company.
Work at L&P
Accountant/Billing Manager (Current Employee) –  Carthage, MOJanuary 31, 2017
I love the people that I work with and the jobs that I perform. A great company to work for. A wonderful place to start a career and to progress in that career.
Very good people to work with and a very good learning experience.
Shipping and Receiving Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJanuary 3, 2017
A typical day at work consisted of receiving in product used in the production of our product and materials used for the shipment of said product. We in shipping and receiving packaged and wrapped, banded or generally prepared product for shipment. As the shipping and receiving supervisor I also created shipping documents, bills of lading and was responsible for ordering materials used in shipment of product. I also helped in the development of new packaging for newly developed product for customers. I was certified as an ISO 9000 auditor for desktop and compliance auditing within the plant to ensure we met standards required by our company and our customers.

I worked with very good and competent people on my job.

The hardest part of the job at times especially as a supervisor was when I had to reprimand employees about their work. I tried to do it in the most professional way possible.

The most enjoyable part was learning many new skills such as filling out export documents which was not always easy but was always interesting and informative.
Pros
People that I worked with and obtaining many new skills.
Cons
Plant closed and the job went away, missed the fine people I worked with.
Great Place To Work For.
Major Purchaser for three facilities (Former Employee) –  Winchester, KYJanuary 19, 2016
Best job all around, great place to work , great people to work with, great pay, over all the best job I have ever had. When I first started at this job I was just a receiver of materials. I advanced quick. Wish they were still here and running full force. This would have been the job I retired from.
Pros
great benefits, money, company, and just a few minutes from my home.
Cons
company closed the job and moved it to Georgetown Kentucky
fun place too work got along with everyone
Retired (Current Employee) –  Leitchfield, KYSeptember 22, 2016
it was a fun places to work the jobs where hard but i didnt mind it payed good and everyone did thier job the management was pretty good i am sure they could have been better i never had no problem with my work place
Clean factory work
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Winchester, KYSeptember 20, 2016
Fast paced work environment. Decent pay and many over time hours available. Great employees and decent management. Very quality oriented company.
Pros
over time hours
North Safety Products
Receiving Manager (Current Employee) –  Conover, NCNovember 1, 2016
Was a decent paying job. The job since it no longer exist was ok. A little far for me to travel from my home but sometimes pay made up for my travels.
Very team-oriented and caring environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 17, 2016
I enjoyed working at Legett and Platt from January 2016-June-2016. I left the company in June 2016 because my contract ended. The staff were very warm, friendly, and willing to go the extra mile to help me learn and excel in the work environment. I have learn some critical and valuable lessons that I can implement in my everyday life both professionally and personally.
productive it pays the bills
clipper (Current Employee) –  Monroe, GANovember 20, 2016
its ok but wen things get slow its not good a production job .if you dont have any bills its ok but making a living u must have a roommate
Pros
its a job
Cons
your money fluxuate if u dont run a machine
job
Purchasing Assistant and Inventory Clerk (Former Employee) –  Winchester, KYNovember 28, 2016
did this review already, not doing it again?? It was a union shop and when the union did not want to desolve their contact Leggett move the plant to a sister plan and we all were out of work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Leggett & Platt Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval