Leggett & Platt Inc.

Leggett & Platt Inc. Employer Reviews

terrible workplace
Purchasing Agent (Former Employee), Monroe, GAJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: management
They want you to give it all even to the point of putting work before family but they don't want to give back. There is no room for advancement unless you meet certain "personal" requirements.
Productive workplace with opportunity for growth
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: being able to learn many things that could lead to promotion within the company.
Cons: having to work long hours mostly standing and sometime heavey lifting
In a typical work day you could be doing any number of things , such as operating large machines to created metal parts for building and putting together metal shelving and bedding for commercial customers.
Overall a great place to work with people you can trust
Operations (Current Employee), Carthage, MOJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: great work environment & culture
Leggett & Platt is good company to work for with really good management. The only real down fall is that being such a secure place for people to work, it is hard to make a lot of movement in the company. This tends to have new fresh talent leave the company before Leggett really gets to see them shine. It is often a training ground for new graduates before they move on in their career.
overall not a bad place to work..workers just felt unappreciated
Machine Operator/Custodial Worker (Former Employee), High Point, NCJanuary 5, 2015
operate sit down forklift weigh up scrap and load raw materials into machine,monitor machines &troubleshoot problems,maintain a clean work enviroment throughtout the entire warehouse
Top notch people, top notch product
Assembler and Porter (Former Employee), Elyria, OHDecember 30, 2014
Gained experience with assembly work, portering, detailing, and quality management system.
Cost Accountant (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHNovember 28, 2014
My work week is categorically divided into personal deliverables and team deliverables. The week concludes on a team review wherein I ascertain the effectiveness and efficiency of each team member deliverables. For instance, on Mondays and Tuesday, I would chalk out team deliverables and brief them about priorities and the methods by which the targets could be achieved. On Wednesdays and Thursdays, I would keep a tab on the progress of tasks assigned to each team member whilst providing him/her feedback and problem solving guidance wherever required. On Fridays, I would call upon a team review meeting to analyze and ascertain achievements of targets.
Good job that requires great skills
cnc machine operator (Former Employee), fort worth texasNovember 18, 2014
Pros: for me the self pride i took in making great wooden products to specifications.
Cons: bad management
Overall i loved the job i enjoyed making all sorts off wood products using the CNC machines there and i learned alot. What i didnt like was the change in management as all top level supervisors and managers were replaced or they quit due to internal matters. The supervisor they put in charge of us knew nothing of the CNC process therefore there wasnt good direction and or management in that department which led me and many others to leave the company unfortunately.
Sinking ship
Anonymous (Former Employee), Atlanta, GANovember 14, 2014
No advancement opportunities, lack of leadership. Get out while you can.
Warehouse Coordinator (Former Employee), Atlanta, GANovember 11, 2014
Pros: christmas luncheon
Cons: healthcare
Excercise in the morning to get you ready to start your day. Next, you will have to pull pick sheets to instruct your drivers on their daily acitivities. This is a procedure that will go on all day. The hardest part of the job would be locating the product that is not in the proper locations. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping my employees in completing their assignment.
NO FUN TIME FOR EMPLOYEES.
Machine Operator (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 10, 2014
PRODUCTION IS HARD, THE PART ALL MADE ON BREAKE PRESS MACHINE, YOU HAVE TO HAVE SAMPLE FOR EVERY PART YOU THAT YOU BREAKE,ALL ARE 90 DEGREE ANGLE , YOU ARE TO CHECK EVERY 10 PEACE ,ASSURING THEY ARE ALL THE SAME 90 DREE ANGLE,
Always a challange!
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee), Ontario, CA.October 8, 2014
Cons: lack of spare parts
Best part of that job was I was given a Special Projects position that allowed me to actually design and build from scratch machines and controls.
poor work ethics
Warehouse/Transportation Manager (Current Employee), Industry, CAOctober 6, 2014
Cons: to much on much shoulder
as a warehouse manager I enjoyed customers at will call are an the crew I supervised, I enjoyed been busy but I had too much on my shoulders, everyone got used to me doing everything for them from fixing their workstation pc to drive a tractor trailer on deliveries customer service had made order date mistakes
Productive and very professional
Data Entry/ Inventory Clerk (Former Employee), Chicago Heights, ILOctober 5, 2014
I loved this job. I learned alot about computer work and we made the shelves walmart and lowes use. I also worked with the welders there and it was intersting to see them how they weld the shelves.
Great company
N/A (Current Employee), N/ASeptember 26, 2014
Pros: company's culture, people, s&p 500 company ( you get good exposure & experience)
Cons: compensation not based on your perfromance
Leggett is a company that lives out what they preach. This is a place where people genuinely care about your personal & professional development. Great down to earth management and awesome co-workers. Work is fun & challenging and there is plenty opportunities throughout many different branches and departments. Depending on what you love to do, you can most likely find it at Leggett.
good benefits and upper management to guide you
Manager, Shipping (Former Employee), Tupelo, MSSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: great management
Cons: down sized
steady paced operation learned new ways to improve on self and personal skills
New maint. management helped alot!
Electrician (Current Employee), Fort Worth Tx.September 5, 2014
Pros: good pay, safety is top priority.
Cons: 30 minute breaks
Since my start there has been a new maintenance supervisor and it has aleviated alot of the previous issues, good place to work in a safe team environment.
New maint. management helped alot!
Electrician (Current Employee), Fort Worth Tx.September 5, 2014
Pros: good pay, safety is top priority.
Cons: 30 minute breaks
Disorganized, management has no idea what workers do
manager (Former Employee), TennesseeAugust 26, 2014
Pros: its a job, that's all
Cons: everything
Management is disconnected, will not listen to their employees needs, they place people in management positions that dont have a clue how to run a company, pay is terrible, safety is a joke, corporate safety people are not skilled in the safety trade
Master Utility Technician (Maintenance) (Former Employee), Carthage, MOAugust 19, 2014
Pros: pay and hours
Cons: some higher management was hard to get along with.
Great people with good pay. Big variety of jobs and always ways to better yourself.
very productive place to work.
Accounts Payable/Receptionist (Former Employee), Monroe, GAAugust 12, 2014
I enjoyed working for Leggett & Platt.
I appreciate the experience and I loved my co-workers.
A typical day for me included getting all mail prepared for pick up and separating mail that was delivered. Answering incoming calls. Coding all inter company and trade invoices for payment. occasional billing. processed all C.O.D's that came in.
The hardest part of my job was at the end of every month (period end) but at the same time was my favorite part because I guess I loved the challenge of accruing all unpaid invoices for the month and all other reports that I had to do and having a certain time to have this done.
I loved my job and the responsibilty it required of me.

1 2 3 4 5

About Leggett & Platt Inc.

That spring in your step after a good night's sleep may be there courtesy of Leggett & Platt (L&P) -- the pioneer of steel coil – Read more