Leggett & Platt Inc. Employee Reviews

Great Place To Work For.
Major Purchaser for three facilities (Former Employee) –  Winchester, KYJanuary 19, 2016
Best job all around, great place to work , great people to work with, great pay, over all the best job I have ever had. When I first started at this job I was just a receiver of materials. I advanced quick. Wish they were still here and running full force. This would have been the job I retired from.
Pros
great benefits, money, company, and just a few minutes from my home.
Cons
company closed the job and moved it to Georgetown Kentucky
Great productive workplace.
Crater (Former Employee) –  Monroe, GAJanuary 18, 2016
Leggett & Platt provides a great working environment with very well pay some of the best benefits you'll ever find. I was assigned the hardest job at Leggett & Platt but I gained a lot of keys elements from working the job such as good team working skills, great hard working skills and excellent physical durability.
Great working with the group of co-workers
Baler 1 (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CODecember 24, 2015
it is fun working with the group of guys I work with because they try to make work fun by laughing and joking around, makes your day go by a lot faster and work is more enjoyable instead of it being boring.
production manager
Industrial Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXDecember 3, 2015
Fast paced environment
Responsibilities in individual accounts (American Eagle, Barnes & Noble, Aeropostale, Gap, Nebraska Furniture, and Dollar General)
Supportive upper management
Pros
clear objectives, new accounts, P & L breakdown
Cons
no A/C, sold to Lozier, Inc.
4 10 hour days
Punch Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Leitchfield,kyOctober 15, 2015
I loved working dayshift and only 4 days a week. its union. so quicker you get production , the faster you go home. great people to work with
This was a fun place to work.
Customer Associate Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 11, 2015
This job was rewarding because my co-workers worked well together to accomplish professional goals. I learned a lot about the manufacturing industry and logistics. The management and sales team were a pleasure to work with.
Pros
This company was family oriented.
Cons
The business was sold and relocated out of state.
Good benefits and compensation
Shipping Clerk and Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  winchesterOctober 6, 2015
Pay at the plant is good and plenty of overtime is available. Benefits are really good and the environment is laid back as long as you are doing your job.
Pros
pay benefits and overtime
Cons
very little chance for career advancement
Productive but dirty workplace
Master Technician (Former Employee) –  Carthage, MOSeptember 24, 2015
Not a bad place to work, other than being dirty and coming home smelling like an oily factory. They have incentives based on production and seem to value their employees input on how to improve the work experience. Other than a few shady ways of making you work OT when you don't really want to and days after a holiday. They have a stock and 401k program as well as health benefits.
Pros
great place to work
Cons
lots of overtime
A loud and active environment with a lot of team work
Associate (Former Employee) –  Delano, PASeptember 11, 2015
L&P is a good place to work if you don't mind running around on concrete floors a lot.

I was trained in multiple jobs and worked closely with other associates to get the job done. Working on the machines was fun due to the technical aspect of it, but the job it self was hard on the body.
LOVE MY JOB!
Receiving Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fontana, CASeptember 9, 2015
love working here it's just a shame this branch had to close.
co-workers where great to work with.
close to home.
i have learned about logistics alot.
Pros
close to home
Cons
branch had to close
Great place to work for
Freight Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Carthage, MOSeptember 7, 2015
Probably one of the better companies locally to work for. They have business all over the country and have good people to manage each of them. I was a freight coordinator and dispatcher and was assigned freight distribution for all branches in the SE part of the country. I arranged freight between branches to other branches or to customers directly.
Pros
Stable company with many benefits
Cons
no ons as far as I know
stressfull and boring
Home depot cabinet installer (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 5, 2015
this company is terrible to work for because it is very hard to work for someone that thinks you are dumb as dirt and don't listen to his employees ideas when they are better
Pros
exelent medical and dental
Cons
no room for advancement
Nice enviroment
Inspection (Former Employee) –  Elyria, OHAugust 27, 2015
Loved this place. Everyone was helpful. The management helped you out in every way they can. They were understanding to your needs.
A place to Work so I can take care of my Family.
Genral Maintaince (Current Employee) –  Georgetown, KYJune 27, 2015
Walk in go to my area and make sure I have what I need. See If there was any boxes left from the night before and break them down getting them ready for the compactor, then went around picking up the trash and cleaning and moping and getting the boxes as they are done with them so it does not get in there way of making them beds.
Co- Workers would ask me from time to time to help them and I would as long as I did not have nothing pressing me to get done. The hardest part of the Job was it was hot and long hours with no days off to be with my children. getting to work with some cool people.
Pros
It pays every week, does not have clock out for lunch.
Cons
Not having a day off and the point system and you could lose your job it you get sick.
Was great.
OFFICE COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 25, 2015
Job was great until the long plant manager left. New management started firing people and reducing piece rate prices for difficult work in a hot and humid warehouse.
Receiving clerk (Former Employee) –  Conover, NCJune 15, 2015
7 to 3:30 4 to 5 days a week. Good team to work with.

Great benefits.

Interesting work.

Not climate controlled warehouse, hot in summer cold in winter.
Challenging and Productive
Freight Audit Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 14, 2015
Each day brought different challenges. There was truly no way to predict how things would unfold. Some days were stream-lined while other days there was many issues and errors to resolve. There were so many errors both internally and externally that often times much phone work was required which would delay getting results or fixes in other areas.

Co-workers were generally helpful in assisting my needs...some went over and above while others took much time in corresponding to requests. Most co-workers were indeed a joy to be around and very uplifting on a daily basis. Outside of a few co-workers, there was little camaraderie.

I learned that paying close attention to details and keeping of accurate records saves much time later. This allowed for easier access down the road if and when errors occurred. Keeping lines of communication open is a must. Patience is a high priority as well.

The biggest challenge I faced was waiting for other sources to complete errors and requests I had. Many took weeks to provide a simple fix, however, they too faced challenges within their departments and computer systems. Another challenge was in working with an over seas office that was on an entirely different time day and zone...there was only a small window of opportunity to make contact with our over seas office..if it was missed, something had to wait another day or sometimes two.

The most enjoyable part of my job was in resolving an outstanding issue and in the cleaning up of old accounts that were not previously resolved. And in helping another get something resolved
  more... for them. Being able to direct and assist was the most rewarding. There's no better feeling than being able to help and get results and give a co-worker information that enabled them to proceed in a task.  less
Pros
Always busy, never a dull moment
Cons
No company contributions to 401k Plan, small vacation packages
A great place to earn a respectable salary
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Carthage, MOMay 13, 2015
A company that provides a competitive salary. Leggett is a manufacturing facility which accommodates a variety of skill from any worker.
Friendly and fun
Inventory Control Clerk, Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lexington, NCApril 20, 2015
It was hard work, but the people and managers made it worth while.I learned quality control, and inventory skills while there. I started out in assembly and worked my way up. I felt they were fair.
not a good job, go as far away
Machine Operator/Paint line tender (Current Employee) –  atlanta, GaApril 8, 2015
Management played with employee hours the whole time. Would cut hrs. without notice. If I was you I would run as far away from this place. It a harsh work environment, it don't seem like you work in America. It like working in a sweet shop over seas in a different country.
Pros
it a pay check
Cons
nothing