Legoland Discovery Center Employee Reviews

Friends are fun, atmosphere not so much.
Entertainment Trainer (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILFebruary 2, 2017
Working there was great for making friends, but when it came to the work, it just got too tiresome. Management would get benefits, where employees wouldn't for example.
Creating Great Guest Experience, Horrible Employee Experiences
Entertainment Host (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 25, 2017
As an Entertainment Host, our job was always changing. From greeting guest as a wacky mad scientist in a tour of how LEGO is made, to overseeing fun interactive rides and games, to running around a LEGO themed fun house, you are always on the prowl for fun times. It looks good on the outside looking in, as it was our job to make sure everyone was having a good time, but the treatment and compensation for such taxing work is the worst I've ever encountered. As far as this company is concerned, there will always be someone to replace you and fill with dreams of the greatest job on earth, so you will not be valued as an employee. This company boasted about it's inclination to promote within the company, but were always hiring entirely new people for standing positions. The most enjoyable part of this job is making enjoyable experiences for children and their parents. It's very rewarding, but that's where the value ends.
Pros
learning about LEGO, a fun, laidback work environment
Cons
compensation, small chance of advancement, poor management
Wonderful Place to work
Entertainment Host (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 24, 2017
Wonderful Staff and Co- Workers, Friendly Environment, Loving families to play with. Great break room and Manager feedback. Only downside is the low starting pay and commute.
Pros
Wonderful Staff, Advancement
Cons
On your feet all day, Low pay
Relaxed as possible atmospherer
Cash Clerk (Current Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIJanuary 1, 2017
Fun group of people to work with and understanding managers who help out when needed/ask. Different kinds of co-workers, all who are at least nice to all and willing to help kids have a great day.
General Overview
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 26, 2016
The managers will work with you when needed more hours. That's if you keep calling and emailing them. When requesting to work a partial day, which is an option, it always gets denied so it's either you work their hours or call out.
They're wording on pricing is confusing to understand to customers making it harder for us employees to have to explain. The coworkers there are friendly and have good customer service skills.
Fun job customer atmosphere. Easy tasks.
Entertainment Host (Former Employee) –  Buckhead, GANovember 11, 2016
Greeting customers and giving tours throughout the attraction. Ride attending. Cleaning up Legos off the floor once the center is closed. Coworkers and Management are very unprofessional and full of drama. The hardest part of the job is the nightly clean up. Enjoyable parts are the fun events hosted.
Pros
Employee entrance discounts
Cons
Low hourly pay. Shifts based upon company needs and customer volume.
Horrible
Customer Service role (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 10, 2016
Managers were rude and snobby. They always put blame on the host/ess even if it had nothing to do with us. Managers ALWAYS broke the rules while the "boss" was gone.
Enjoyable Job!
Entertainment Host (Current Employee) –  Grapevine, TXJuly 19, 2016
If you enjoy working with both kids & Lego, then this is the best job for you! I have been with the company for several months now and I have enjoy it every single day! Yea, the hours are not the greatest, BUT the employment is never a disappointment!

There are times when communication does lack between management & associate, but it is usually normal... however, some training should be required though.
Pros
free lunches time to time
Cons
hours, pay, gossip among employees
What I Learned.
Entertainment Host (Former Employee) –  Westchester, NYAugust 8, 2015
I learned that no matter how big or small the task may be always approach it with a positive outlook. It promotes maturity, ownership, and priority.
Pros
Being creative nd using your mind.
Cons
benefits not available
Productive work place for kids ages 3-12 to enjoy a fun filled day
Admission Host (Current Employee) –  Yonkers, NYJune 2, 2015
A typical day at LEGOLAND is very busy. It can get pretty busy especially when school is out. Working here I've learned to have more patience dealing with difficult situations. The management team is very supportive and helps out when needed. the co-workers always stick together especially in time of need. we all pull our own weight. the most enjoyable part of the job is seeing how happy the kids and parents leave knowing they had a great time.
Best Job I've ever had
Retail Shift Lead (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILJuly 29, 2013
help children find lego sets

help adults find lego sets for their kids

I learned time management

My co-workers were ALL friendly and easy to work with

the hardest part of the job is realizing that sometimes you will be left with a LARGE amount of shipment to handle on your own

What I enjoy most working at legoland is feeling like I'm part of a team thats highest focal point is outstanding customer service
Pros
discounted legos for my kids, part time employee healthcare, dental, vision, 401k, monthly team meetings with free food
Cons
sometimes we have to leave huge projects at closing, sometimes we have to finish huge projects in the morning
Summary
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 7, 2012
most enjoyable is seeing the smiles on children faces when they come in.
Pros
a job
It's a fun place to work. A place to interact with all sorts of people from all over the world.
Retail Associate (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILNovember 11, 2012
My most enjoyable time there is seeing the kids come in as they get so excited. The interaction I can have with them is wonderful. I'm happy to have learned about inventory, stocking , unloading pallets and best of all how to stock the store and move and adjust items around just to grab attention, which of course is a selling plus!
Pros
free drinks at lunch time
Cons
slow time=less hours
This is definitely a job you would have to love to be successful in.
ENTERTAINMENT (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 9, 2012
This is a fun work enviornment and can be very rewarding if you have the passion to be successful.
Pros
fun and exciting work enviornment
Cons
pay and benefits