LEGOLAND Florida Employee Reviews

Fun if you like getting paid nothing for hard work.
Attractions Associate (Former Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLAugust 24, 2017
At LegoLand you are basically a volunteer. The job is stressful because they threaten to fire you every chance they get and the staff doesn't make it any easier. They give you this false sense that everyone is watching you and that you should tell on others to advance. Minor mistakes will cost you your job, if you call working at a LegoLand a, "job".
Pros
Discounts on park items, free admission
Cons
over worked, underpaid, poor staff morale
team leader
Cashier and Customer Service (Current Employee) –  FloridaAugust 20, 2017
red shirts work there butts off for what nothing 8.50 an hour while blue shirts do nothing at all getting paid 10-11 an hour makes me mad how everything is done.
Fun place to work
Associate (Former Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLAugust 9, 2017
Working here will always be a good time because of the friendly atmosphere! The guests always tend to make your day better, even if it's going rough. Not much room to advance within company.
I was not a fan
Ride Operator (Former Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLAugust 4, 2017
Perhaps the job just wasn't a fit for me, but the typical day started with a meeting, our ride assignments, then 6 hours in the hot Florida sun. The low pay and long hours made the other expectations of the job - such as constant enthusiasm - difficult. However, there were people who enjoyed their jobs, and while I was not one of them, it was the right fit for others. The management had difficulty managing their employees and their responses were frequently unhelpful, but this is specific to my section from what I understand.
Pros
Access to the park
Cons
Short breaks, hot weather
Wonderful Amusement Park
Food and Beverage Server (Former Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLAugust 1, 2017
It's A Beautiful and Wonderful Amusement Park For Kids. Great Food Just a Little Expensive. The Chicken Comapny Where I Worked Is So Busy An So Over Priced Its Very Ridiculous
Pros
Great Food, Fun Coworkers, Love The Breaks
Cons
Ridiculous Pricing
Excellent Company
Theatrical Tech Area Lead (Current Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLJuly 7, 2017
It has been a great company to work for. I have a great respect for this company. It is a different experience from working for some of the bigger theme parks.
Very fun and productive
Ride Operator (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLJune 7, 2017
Very guest friendly, Known for good customer service, Always smiling, dealing with a lot of different people from different countries and cultures. Fast paced work.
Pros
Friendly enviroment
Cons
Harsh conditions in the summer
productive workplace and adventurous theme park for all ages
Admissions Associate (Former Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLMay 1, 2017
Legoland FL is a great place to work. Depending on the time of year, there are small crowds and large crowds. With slow crowds, the hours seem to drag and you dread working, but with large crowds, you are more enthused and willing to work.
Pros
benefits for other theme parks, extra pay for working on holidays
Cons
seasonal pay, hours
Fun workplace
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  FloridaMay 1, 2017
Legoland was fun to work at. It was my first job and I enjoyed the different things or tasks I could do. Management was nice, and I liked working at Legoland. Eventually, I realized it's not a career for me, though.
Friendly and fun place to work
Human Resources Assistant (HR Assistant) (Former Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLMay 29, 2016
The most enjoyable day part of the job was making sure the employees were taking care of, making sure they had everything they needed, providing with any and all helpful information possible.
Pros
Complimentary tickets
Cons
Contract workers didnt get the same benefits as the company workers.
Great first job
RETAIL SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLDecember 17, 2015
Great place to get started, and learning customer service skills. Upper management really wants you to succeed and helps every step of the way.
No support and poor pay for amount of work
Photo Host (Former Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLDecember 2, 2015
Photo Hosts are expected to be placed at designated locations throughout the park. These locations are either on walk about which is literally walking up and down the park in the elements of outdoor weather and not enough breaks are given, then they are also placed at ride locations to sell images from the rides which most of the time you are left in a tight room by yourself. Management does not listen to employees concerns about health issues such as being able to go to the restroom or providing sunscreen or water. Guests state that prices are way high for the amount of photos they get. There is constant problem with the computers losing images of guests or numbering them wrong onto people's photo cards. But, the best part of the job is meeting new people and seeing guests excited to see their photos. This is a great job for college students or high school students but as a full time position they take advantage over creative individuals and do not promote those that do their job instead they promote those who are friends or family members.
Pros
Meeting new people and seeing their excitement
Cons
Terrible management, overworking employees, Not promoting the right individuals, and no concern for employee health
First job
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLSeptember 6, 2015
For legoland we worked as a third party. The company was called pic solve. What a typical day was for us was getting money in the morning taking it to the booth/station we were going to work at for the day. Then we would stand there showing people their photos from the rides,while others walked the park taking pictures of the families with characters around the park.During my time working here I learned how to work a cash register,how to up sale products,I learned ways to help a child who was unhappy about their day,and most of all I learned how to have fun at a job. The management was good at first,then as time went on it didn't seem like we had management because things were crazy,and it got to the point where I was scared as a worker to ask management for help because how things were going. Then on the other hand the co workers were awesome and would help way before the manager would. The hardest part of job was learning the park, and helping guest around the park when I first started. The most enjoyable part was seeing how happy the kids were when they saw the characters,or got off the ride and saw their photo on the screen.
Pros
Being around children
Cons
Having to leave job for personal reasons
Outside and Many People
Attractions Associate (Former Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLJuly 13, 2015
You will have to deal with a lot of different kind of people but its really interesting. bring sunscreen because it is hotttt.
"Lego" have some fun!!
Park Ranger (Former Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLApril 13, 2015
I learned heroism, managers on point, co-workers were the best, hardest.. leaving to go home. most enjoyable making guest happy.
Pros
Friendly environment, free entrance as employee
Cons
cant think of any.
fun exciting workplace with happy employees
Human Resources Associate (Current Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLApril 7, 2015
I loved working in Human Resources, it was a great experience and the staff was amazing, friendly and taught me so much. I am happy to bring my knowledge to a new company.
Pros
great benefits and perks
Cons
part time and seasonal
Good place for anyone in high school or after retirement to work
Food and Beverage Associate (Former Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLFebruary 27, 2015
My day would usually start off by finding out what position I would be assigned to in the restaurant. I would work at serving customers, prepping food, washing dishes, or cleaning the eating area. The average shift would be about 6-7 hours a day, excluding a 45 min. break in between.

I learned all about customer service, operating a cash register, how to wash hundreds of dishes at once, and how to prep food on a large scale.

Management is Management, what can I say. While your immediate superiors care about you and is willing to give you more than one chance, administration....... not so much.

Co-workers is always a gamble. Sometimes you get friendly ones, sometimes you get ones you can't stand. I was fortunate enough to have many good friends, and while I did have a few I didn't get along with, they tended to not be employed very long.

The hardest part of the job is difficult customers. While that's often true of many places, it especially applies here. You have many guests from other countries who don't speak your language, and theme park guests, by and large, have short spans of patience, and it doesn't take much for them to get angry with you, no matter how fast or well you do your job.

The best part of the job is making a difference in a child's day. Fixing a problem, going the extra mile, and just seeing the look of joy in their faces, and knowing you helped contribute to it...... it's a good feeling.
Pros
Free admission for yourself (right away) and your friends and family (after a few weeks), 30% off your purchases there, and a decent employee cantina where you can purchase food at cost.
Cons
Getting hours at the mercy of guest attendance, low pay for hard work, no leniency for mistakes or accidents, very easy to be fired for something very minor (tardy, register tally off, etc.)
Work to death
Food & Beverage Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLSeptember 23, 2014
Very hectic and fast pace. I learn alot about food and beverage. The management is not as consistent as most companies. Most of your coworkers and pleasant. The hardest part of this job was keeping up with the crowd and making management happy. The most enjoyable part was the pay check.
Pros
Paycheck
Cons
Crowd and Management
Fun workplace that seems to still be learning what it wants to do.
Retail Associate (Current Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLJune 10, 2014
I've loved the place since I started working, but even though I was told that I would be able to advance in the company when I was first hired, it's been made clear that advancement only happens if you're in with the "in" crowd. Thankfully I can do my own thing and don't get bothered much, allowing me to make great guest experiences, but I know that I won't be able to get anywhere else in the company at this rate.
Pros
Being able to make a guests day, hearing the words "You've made our vacation"
Cons
Management plays favorites, funding doesn't get directed to places that need it like repairs.
Pretty good environment
Food and Beverage Associate (Former Employee) –  Winter Haven, Fl.May 15, 2014
Clocked into work got my assignment, usually was scheduled the same thing everyday. I worked cash register either in the ice cream shop or pizza restaurant. I learned how to clean soda machines, prep pizzas, work a buffet line, manage an ice cream shop by myself. Management was very nice and were easy to work with. My co-workers all were assigned their specific jobs and did them accordingly. The hardest part of my job was working really late every night. The most enjoyable part was serving ice cream to children and seeing them happy.
Pros
Free admission to Legoland, 30% discount on everything, free parking
Cons
Few hours a week