LEGOLAND Florida

LEGOLAND Florida Employer Reviews

Work to death
Food & Beverage Team Lead (Former Employee), Winter Haven, FLSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: paycheck
Cons: crowd and management
Very hectic and fast pace. I learn alot about food and beverage. The management is not as consistent as most companies. Most of your coworkers and pleasant. The hardest part of this job was keeping up with the crowd and making management happy. The most enjoyable part was the pay check.
Fun workplace that seems to still be learning what it wants to do.
Retail Associate (Current Employee), Winter Haven, FLJune 10, 2014
Pros: being able to make a guests day, hearing the words "you've made our vacation"
Cons: management plays favorites, funding doesn't get directed to places that need it like repairs.
I've loved the place since I started working, but even though I was told that I would be able to advance in the company when I was first hired, it's been made clear that advancement only happens if you're in with the "in" crowd. Thankfully I can do my own thing and don't get bothered much, allowing me to make great guest experiences, but I know that I won't be able to get anywhere else in the company at this rate.
Pretty good environment
Food and Beverage Associate (Former Employee), Winter Haven, Fl.May 15, 2014
Pros: free admission to legoland, 30% discount on everything, free parking
Cons: few hours a week
Clocked into work got my assignment, usually was scheduled the same thing everyday. I worked cash register either in the ice cream shop or pizza restaurant. I learned how to clean soda machines, prep pizzas, work a buffet line, manage an ice cream shop by myself. Management was very nice and were easy to work with. My co-workers all were assigned their specific jobs and did them accordingly. The hardest part of my job was working really late every night. The most enjoyable part was serving ice cream to children and seeing them happy.
Great, Fun, hard work.
OPS/Ride Operator (Former Employee), Winter Haven, FLMay 3, 2014
It's fun place to work at, and keeps you on your toes moving around and being active. The only downfall is that it is hot as heck outside and you are working in the sun or in the rain.
Fun place to work if you enjoy childern
Food and Beverage Server (Current Employee), Winter Haven, FLMarch 5, 2014
LEGOLAND is a fun place to work with some exciting people to work with, but the are lacking in quality management.
Fun, educational, interactive environment!
Education Department Team Lead (Current Employee), Winter Haven, FLFebruary 27, 2014
Pros: helping others create memorable experiences, managing a great crew, learning and growing professionally.
Cons: inconsistent scheduling; long distance commute.
• Helping others create memorable experiences
• Managing a great crew on a daily basis to provide STEM based classes for school groups
• Maintaining a very interactive, safe environment
• Each day learning and growing professionally
Excellent managers and caring staff.
Lifeguard (Former Employee), Winter Haven, FLNovember 28, 2013
Pros: everything
Cons: nothing
I loved working for Legoland and wished it was more than a seasonal job!
good
Attractions Associate (Former Employee), Winter Haven, FLSeptember 12, 2013
fun place for kids and parents to have a good family day. Expensive prices but worth the money on summertime.
Just because its a theme park doesn't mean its always a fun place
Cashier and Waiter/Waitress (Former Employee), Winter Haven, FLApril 15, 2013
Pros: free passes, discounts
Always came in on time and stayed late. Management could use some help with communicating better and being there more helpful on site. I loved my all co-workers we kept each other motivated to get through the day. the hardest part of the job was staying cool in the heat and dealing with difficult guests. The most enjoyable part of the job was the free passes we got when we did a great job and seeing all the smiling faces of the kids and other guest.
Lively place to work
Attractions Associate (Former Employee), Winter Haven, FLMarch 31, 2013
Pros: fun co-workers, energetic environment, good hours
Cons: working in the sun all day
A typical day at work at Legoland would be very productive and very fun. I spent all day managing rides, but sometimes I would get to get on the ride as well. I worked with people who made coming to work enjoyable. It was more like a hobby than a job. I learned a lot about myself and life working there. I learned what it takes to work really long shifts, and I learned to deal with dissatisfied guests. The hardest part of my job was being in the sun all day long, but most days I would barely notice this because I enjoyed working. I had the best boss and co-workers.
enjoyed interacting with the guest
Customer service (Former Employee), Winter Haven, FLDecember 8, 2012
Pros: fun place to work
Cons: working outside all the time
A typical day at work was fun, I got to meet and greet all guest. I learned how to better interact with many different personalities. Management was very easy to work with. My co-workers were always ready to help when needed. The hardest part of the job was enduring the weather conditions. The best part of the job was getting to interact with all the kids and parents. Getting to hear how much fun they were having.
Great Company
Food and Beverage Team Leader (Former Employee), Trailers and cartsNovember 30, 2012
Pros: great future if want to move up with company, fun work enviroment
Cons: long work days in florida heat, new theme park so still working out the kinks
Merlin Entertainment/Legoland Florida is a great company to work for. Unbeatable perks of the job and plenty room for advancement.
As with any theme park lots of long days and high volume shifts.
Great management staff and employee selection process.
Fun place to work
Area Lead Paramedic (Former Employee), Winter Haven, FLNovember 30, 2012
I love the LEGO figures. very nice park. huge discounts iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
I enjoyed my customers!
F&B and Grounds (Current Employee), Winter Haven, FLOctober 23, 2012
Pros: good food, great people
Cons: rarely get breaks, over angry customers
I love seeing people and knowing I made their day! I also had good co-workers in general, and loved being able to be who I really am!
Awesome benefits and fun enviornment, too far of a drive for me though.
Loss Prevention (Current Employee), Winter Haven, FLJuly 10, 2012
Pros: fun atmosphere, great job perks.
Cons: not enough productive work to do, job becomes tedious at times.
A typical day consists of blending in with par guests as an Undercover Retail Theft Operative, identifying and responding to guest and employee misconduct, theft and/or policy violations.
The kids make it fun.
Waiter and Casher (Current Employee), Winter Haven, FLJuly 6, 2012
Pros: we get in free with an extra twenty tickets.
Cons: only one break and the food isnt very good.
Sometimes we tend to be overlooked working there. The management tends to treat us more like slaves than actual workers. The kids and the co-workers make the day go by faster and they also make it fun for me and others that work there.
Fun place to work, staff very unorganized
Food and Beverage Associate (Current Employee), Winter Haven, FLJuly 3, 2012
Pros: the happy guests that visit the park.
Cons: short breaks, no bathroom breaks, standing on feet all day
Enjoyed my first few weeks of working for Legoland, then you get to experience and learn that the management and higherups could care less about employees, time off, family vacations etc. Its a theme park so their biggest concern is the guests of the park spending money. Employees come 2nd. If you arent happy with the job they will simply tell you to "quit". Every employee is replaceable!

The hourly wage is very low and there is no room for advancement.

The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing all the smiling and happy children in the park!
Fun,Occupying workplace.
Food and Beverage Associate (Current Employee), Winter Haven, FLJune 7, 2012
Pros: awesome teamwork throughout the company.
Cons: as a minor i don't receive the breaks that i should have.
In the mornings if I am scheduled i will set up the dining room coolers with milks,apples and grapes,let out umbrellas,re-wipe all tables and chairs,count my register,sometimes set up the bakery and or coffee shop,and prep for parties. Majority of the time I had assistance from another co-worker who wasn't all that busy. I mostly enjoy interacting with the guest visiting the park, they always have a story to tell, and questions to ask. The most difficult part of the job was rotating the waters into the cooler by date every hour.
not good
Attractions Associate (Former Employee), Winter Haven, FLApril 21, 2012
the company was not a good place to work. They were not friendly as they make themselves out to be