LEGOLAND Florida Employee Reviews

Friendly and fun place to work
Human Resources Assistant (HR Assistant) (Former Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLMay 29, 2016
The most enjoyable day part of the job was making sure the employees were taking care of, making sure they had everything they needed, providing with any and all helpful information possible.
Pros
Complimentary tickets
Cons
Contract workers didnt get the same benefits as the company workers.
Great first job
RETAIL SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLDecember 17, 2015
Great place to get started, and learning customer service skills. Upper management really wants you to succeed and helps every step of the way.
Fun workplace that seems to still be learning what it wants to do.
Retail Associate (Current Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLJune 10, 2014
I've loved the place since I started working, but even though I was told that I would be able to advance in the company when I was first hired, it's been made clear that advancement only happens if you're in with the "in" crowd. Thankfully I can do my own thing and don't get bothered much, allowing me to make great guest experiences, but I know that I won't be able to get anywhere else in the company at this rate.
Pros
Being able to make a guests day, hearing the words "You've made our vacation"
Cons
Management plays favorites, funding doesn't get directed to places that need it like repairs.
Pretty good environment
Food and Beverage Associate (Former Employee) –  Winter Haven, Fl.May 15, 2014
Clocked into work got my assignment, usually was scheduled the same thing everyday. I worked cash register either in the ice cream shop or pizza restaurant. I learned how to clean soda machines, prep pizzas, work a buffet line, manage an ice cream shop by myself. Management was very nice and were easy to work with. My co-workers all were assigned their specific jobs and did them accordingly. The hardest part of my job was working really late every night. The most enjoyable part was serving ice cream to children and seeing them happy.
Pros
Free admission to Legoland, 30% discount on everything, free parking
Cons
Few hours a week
Fun,Occupying workplace.
Food and Beverage Associate (Current Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLJune 7, 2012
In the mornings if I am scheduled i will set up the dining room coolers with milks,apples and grapes,let out umbrellas,re-wipe all tables and chairs,count my register,sometimes set up the bakery and or coffee shop,and prep for parties. Majority of the time I had assistance from another co-worker who wasn't all that busy. I mostly enjoy interacting with the guest visiting the park, they always have a story to tell, and questions to ask. The most difficult part of the job was rotating the waters into the cooler by date every hour.
Pros
awesome teamwork throughout the company.
Cons
as a minor i don't receive the breaks that i should have.
Fun place to work, staff very unorganized
Food and Beverage Associate (Current Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLJuly 3, 2012
Enjoyed my first few weeks of working for Legoland, then you get to experience and learn that the management and higherups could care less about employees, time off, family vacations etc. Its a theme park so their biggest concern is the guests of the park spending money. Employees come 2nd. If you arent happy with the job they will simply tell you to "quit". Every employee is replaceable!

The hourly wage is very low and there is no room for advancement.

The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing all the smiling and happy children in the park!
Pros
the happy guests that visit the park.
Cons
short breaks, no bathroom breaks, standing on feet all day
enjoyed interacting with the guest
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLDecember 8, 2012
A typical day at work was fun, I got to meet and greet all guest. I learned how to better interact with many different personalities. Management was very easy to work with. My co-workers were always ready to help when needed. The hardest part of the job was enduring the weather conditions. The best part of the job was getting to interact with all the kids and parents. Getting to hear how much fun they were having.
Pros
fun place to work
Cons
working outside all the time
Lively place to work
Attractions Associate (Former Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLMarch 31, 2013
A typical day at work at Legoland would be very productive and very fun. I spent all day managing rides, but sometimes I would get to get on the ride as well. I worked with people who made coming to work enjoyable. It was more like a hobby than a job. I learned a lot about myself and life working there. I learned what it takes to work really long shifts, and I learned to deal with dissatisfied guests. The hardest part of my job was being in the sun all day long, but most days I would barely notice this because I enjoyed working. I had the best boss and co-workers.
Pros
fun co-workers, energetic environment, good hours
Cons
working in the sun all day
Just because its a theme park doesn't mean its always a fun place
Cashier and Waiter/Waitress (Former Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLApril 15, 2013
Always came in on time and stayed late. Management could use some help with communicating better and being there more helpful on site. I loved my all co-workers we kept each other motivated to get through the day. the hardest part of the job was staying cool in the heat and dealing with difficult guests. The most enjoyable part of the job was the free passes we got when we did a great job and seeing all the smiling faces of the kids and other guest.
Pros
free passes, discounts
Fun, educational, interactive environment!
Education Department Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLFebruary 27, 2014
• Helping others create memorable experiences
• Managing a great crew on a daily basis to provide STEM based classes for school groups
• Maintaining a very interactive, safe environment
• Each day learning and growing professionally
Pros
Helping others create memorable experiences, managing a great crew, learning and growing professionally.
Cons
Inconsistent scheduling; long distance commute.
Great Company
Food and Beverage Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Trailers and cartsNovember 30, 2012
Merlin Entertainment/Legoland Florida is a great company to work for. Unbeatable perks of the job and plenty room for advancement.
As with any theme park lots of long days and high volume shifts.
Great management staff and employee selection process.
Pros
great future if want to move up with company, fun work enviroment
Cons
long work days in florida heat, new theme park so still working out the kinks
Awesome benefits and fun enviornment, too far of a drive for me though.
Loss Prevention (Current Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLJuly 10, 2012
A typical day consists of blending in with par guests as an Undercover Retail Theft Operative, identifying and responding to guest and employee misconduct, theft and/or policy violations.
Pros
fun atmosphere, great job perks.
Cons
not enough productive work to do, job becomes tedious at times.
Work to death
Food & Beverage Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLSeptember 23, 2014
Very hectic and fast pace. I learn alot about food and beverage. The management is not as consistent as most companies. Most of your coworkers and pleasant. The hardest part of this job was keeping up with the crowd and making management happy. The most enjoyable part was the pay check.
Pros
Paycheck
Cons
Crowd and Management
The kids make it fun.
Waiter and Casher (Current Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLJuly 6, 2012
Sometimes we tend to be overlooked working there. The management tends to treat us more like slaves than actual workers. The kids and the co-workers make the day go by faster and they also make it fun for me and others that work there.
Pros
we get in free with an extra twenty tickets.
Cons
only one break and the food isnt very good.
fun exciting workplace with happy employees
Human Resources Associate (Current Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLApril 7, 2015
I loved working in Human Resources, it was a great experience and the staff was amazing, friendly and taught me so much. I am happy to bring my knowledge to a new company.
Pros
great benefits and perks
Cons
part time and seasonal
No support and poor pay for amount of work
Photo Host (Former Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLDecember 2, 2015
Photo Hosts are expected to be placed at designated locations throughout the park. These locations are either on walk about which is literally walking up and down the park in the elements of outdoor weather and not enough breaks are given, then they are also placed at ride locations to sell images from the rides which most of the time you are left in a tight room by yourself. Management does not listen to employees concerns about health issues such as being able to go to the restroom or providing sunscreen or water. Guests state that prices are way high for the amount of photos they get. There is constant problem with the computers losing images of guests or numbering them wrong onto people's photo cards. But, the best part of the job is meeting new people and seeing guests excited to see their photos. This is a great job for college students or high school students but as a full time position they take advantage over creative individuals and do not promote those that do their job instead they promote those who are friends or family members.
Pros
Meeting new people and seeing their excitement
Cons
Terrible management, overworking employees, Not promoting the right individuals, and no concern for employee health
"Lego" have some fun!!
Park Ranger (Former Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLApril 13, 2015
I learned heroism, managers on point, co-workers were the best, hardest.. leaving to go home. most enjoyable making guest happy.
Pros
Friendly environment, free entrance as employee
Cons
cant think of any.
Outside and Many People
Attractions Associate (Former Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLJuly 13, 2015
You will have to deal with a lot of different kind of people but its really interesting. bring sunscreen because it is hotttt.
I enjoyed my customers!
F&B and Grounds (Current Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLOctober 23, 2012
I love seeing people and knowing I made their day! I also had good co-workers in general, and loved being able to be who I really am!
Pros
good food, great people
Cons
rarely get breaks, over angry customers
Great, Fun, hard work.
OPS/Ride Operator (Former Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLMay 3, 2014
It's fun place to work at, and keeps you on your toes moving around and being active. The only downfall is that it is hot as heck outside and you are working in the sun or in the rain.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LEGOLAND Florida. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9