LEGOLAND

LEGOLAND Employee Reviews

Amazing Place To Work
Customer Sales Representative (Current Employee), Winter Haven, FLJuly 3, 2015
Pros: Fun
Cons: none
Amazing place to work down to management. I have an amazing company I work. Fun and PEOPLE HERE ARE FANTASTIC. LEGOLAND ROCKS
Simple, fun part-time job
Retail Associate (Former Employee), Carlsbad, CAJune 30, 2015
From 2010 to 2012, I enjoyed my summers and occasional holiday breaks working at LEGOLAND California. Management were very flexible and I got along with my co-workers easily. The work was only stressful due to the customers themselves, who tended to be easily irritable after a long day being dragged around by their kids, only to have to spend even more money at the gift shop where I worked. Overall, I learned a lot working at LEGOLAND, it was an excellent first job.
fun happy enviorment
Attractions Associate (Former Employee), Winter Haven, FLJune 21, 2015
Helping children and adults around the park. giving instructions to all park guest and families . start and end rides in a safe manor
fun
Food and Beverage associate (Former Employee), Carlsbad califoniaJune 1, 2015
Pros: free food
Cons: hours
everyone was very helpful when i had any questions or concerns. its a fun easy first job with alot of people who are around your age.
I enjoyed the time. Very friendly place to work.
attractions operator (Former Employee), Winter Haven FloridaMay 16, 2015
Pros: Friendly customer focused.
Cons: Most of the positions are out doors. Can be very hot.
Enjoyed the experience. Hours varied based upon park schedule and expected park attendance. Friendly staff and managers.
Innovative, Fun & Fast-Moving at LEGOLAND
Retail Associate (Current Employee), Carlsbad, CAApril 29, 2015
Pros: Cheap lunches for employees, benefits, and overall care
Cons: Short breaks
A typical day at work includes counting out the "float" (which is the amount of money each employee starts out with), making sure that each float is accurate and up-to-date. Overall, the experience working at LEGOLAND is very rewarding. The management is
Fun place to work
Guest Ambassador (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOApril 8, 2015
Pros: learning about legos and learning how to work with families
Cons: short breaks and not enough hours
I enjoyed working with the children that came in. I love controlling the rides. I was happy when i seen the kids smiling, laughing, and playing that had let me know i was doing my job. At the end i had to clean the toys (bricks) which i didn't have any problem doing.
Great place to work for college or college-bound kids.
Attraction Associate - Seasonal (Former Employee), Carlsbad, CAMarch 31, 2015
Flexible schedule, free uniform (but need to pay for shoes) and great employee discounts. Scheduling is done on-line and post 2 weeks in advance.
LEGOLAND is a fun and friendly work place.
Seasonal Cashier, greet and assist, line monitor (Former Employee), ForidaMarch 1, 2015
I was part of a team that would help each other out. Everyone worked together to make the customer feel welcomed. We made sure everything was organized and an overall ideal place.
Worst Job, not for me.
Admissions (Former Employee), WindsorFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: free tickets
Cons: short/no breaks, poor management, long hours, not enough training, under payed
A typical day at legoland would consist of getting to work an hour before your shift because you weren't aloud to turn up to work in your uniform and as i worked at the very top of the park in admissions, you had to walk to the top from the bottom. If you were starting your shift while the park is open expect to stopped by guests a lot on the way up so give yourself a lot of time. There was a lot of different jobs from selling tickets, handing maps out, being on the customer service desk, making annual passes and letting people into the park. I felt that there was not enough training for things – more... such as making the annual passes and on busy days there would be no one around to help you as your co workers were also busy and didn't really seem to care. Uniform was horrible especially on hot days wearing long dark trousers (Shorts were on first come first serve basis). Was not aloud a rain jacket as I 'didn't work outside enough' so would have to walk to and from shift soaked if it was raining. Learned how to operate a compute till and how to deal with at times very angry screaming parents. Management were not at times helpful and would normally be sat in their office chatting or sitting around when it would be very busy. They also had favourites which would make you feel awkward and in the way. With some of the staff being people that have been rehired from previous years and some new, if you were new you would not feel welcome. Got underpaid numerous times and taxed heavily. Hours were very long and on busy days sometimes they would forget about your break and you would just go the day without one. You also would not know when you finish your shift as they would be 'Early', 'Open' and 'close' shifts. Early shifts would mean you have to be changed and up the hill by 6am, earlys by 9am and lates at 1/2 pm. The hardest part of the job was dealing with tough customers when already under a lot of stress. The most enjoyable part of the job was receiving free tickets even though you had to use them before your season ended or hand them back, if you did not reutn you would be fined. I would not reccmoned this job to anyone and I would not return even if I was jobless. – less
I improved my customer service skills
Call Center Associate (Former Employee), Winter Haven FLJanuary 28, 2015
I learned how to deescalate difficult calls and improved my ability to multitask. My co workers were all very nice.
A fairly good job
Photographer/Sales Representative (Former Employee), Carlsbad, CADecember 25, 2014
Working with Legoland was something new for me. I was able to learn how to take a perfect picture with certain types of cameras, and I learned how to use an electronic cash register. I wasn't as satisfied working here ad much because there was so much to be learning and not enough guidance.
Great experience
Retail Associate (Former Employee), Winter Haven, FLNovember 29, 2014
Working with children and being able to experience many different cultured people was a very great experience and a great start if you plan on working with people for the rest of your life. A typical day for me was working the register at the Big Shop. I learned about the concept of patience and how retail workers have a very tough and busy job. The managers were pretty much family! They were strict about what they wanted but we did it in a fun way. My co-workers were very friendly and we often worked as a team to get everything completed. The hardest part for me at the time was keeping up with the time because I was underage, I had to be clocked-in and out at a certain time or the company would get in trouble for it. The most enjoyable part was entertaining the children.
Fun work enviroment
On The Job Trainer/Attractions Associate (Former Employee), Winter Haven, FLNovember 25, 2014
Every I check rides for safety and any other issues. Followed by making sure guests enjoy there day with no problems at all.
Amazing customers
Seasonal Water Park Lead (Former Employee), Winter Haven, FloridaNovember 18, 2014
The customers make this job worth the while, the kids that you get to meet during this experience really are one of a kind, and make the long hours so easy to cope with
loved fast paced running through the terminal
restaurant supervisor (Former Employee), San Diego, CAOctober 23, 2014
Pros: fun place to work meeting new people
Cons: labor union was very hendering towards management
this was an overall great experience, would love to go back now with more experience and knowledge.
Ride Operator
Ride Operator (Former Employee), Winter Haven, FLOctober 3, 2014
Operating the ride for the guest in the park. Working for LEGOLAND was a fun spot to work at just not enough money making.
Risk Manager (Former Employee), Carlsbad, CAAugust 11, 2014
•a typical day at work
•what you learned
•management
•your co-workers
•the hardest part of the job
•the most enjoyable part of the job

DO NOT include any personally identifiable information, such as names.

Your review may be publicly displayed by Indeed.
Learn different skills everyday
Retail (Current Employee), Grapevine,TXAugust 8, 2014
Pros: very flexible hours, discount is nice
Cons: the hourly pay, lack of communication with management and co workers, very short breaks
I worked for retail where my typical work day would be making sure the retail floor is stocked and organized from pervious shift. I would ring up customers when they purchase a merchandise. Prevent customers from going through the aquarium without a admission and going through the emergency exit doors. I learned that some customers try to test employees to see if they will get aggravated easily by pushing the emergency exit doors and going through the gift shop to purchase admission ticket. I also learned it's better to work independent because people don't believe in working in teams especially if they are younger then you. If you plan on working here, make sure you set up your avaiablely and that you have a part time that pays because working at this job only pays 8.50. I don't think it's not right especially if you are the floor person(who I think floor person should get $9.00).
Terribly monotonous job.
Cashier and Game Attendant (Former Employee), Carlsbad, CAJuly 24, 2014
I worked at Legoland, doing the most exciting thing in the park, Selling games.

...While selling games is interesting because you get to meet people and have interesting conversations, you get yelled at for having those conversations. There is no rewarding feeling at this job, it sucks out your happiness with repetitive 45 second looping musical numbers, hot days, general frustration at the poor quality of the games, feeling bad because you know why so many people lose, and why so few get what they want, the big stuffed animal. with this knowledge, it is also a excellent job to pick up in the summer, because it's very busy, and that business distracts you from the reality of what you are promoting. fun coworkers, but I didn't like my manager much at times, and I felt bad about strange rumors that circled around about other people I worked with...

1 2 3

About LEGOLAND

LEGOLAND California is a 128-acre family theme park dedicated to families with children between the ages of 2 and 12. Just like – Read more

LEGOLAND Salaries