LEGOLAND Employee Reviews

long days long nites
host /food prep (Former Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLJuly 15, 2017
alot a venue to work at not in same place everyday lot a people to see alot of people to work with breaks to short not long enough canteen food ok long walk from parking lot always not enough people to do the job
Pros
tickets
Cons
attendance policy
Pretty fun, but some improvements should be added
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAJuly 10, 2017
It's a fun place to work at, especially if you love children, but they don't train you well enough. There were plenty of situations i found myself in where i was clueless and only after was i told what to do if said situation happens again.
Productive and fun people around
Cashier(Burger Restaurant) (Current Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAJune 21, 2017
Everyone there had one goal is to make Legoland a good experience for the guest and make a pay check . Every one has a positive vibe and willing to work with your needs.
Pros
flexible with schedules
Cons
taxes
Fun workplace
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAJune 19, 2017
If you are an individual who loves being around kids or legos, Legoland is definitely the place to work. Easy job.

Management is easy to approach and coworkers are friendly.
Good company
Welder (Current Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLJune 16, 2017
Great work hours and good people to work for. I enjoy working for Legoland. My only complaint is that I am no very stimulated and do not get the opportunity to use my mind as much as I would like. I would like to be more involved.
good job for student
Hostess/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZJune 15, 2017
good job for students only with no benefits. All kids work there.NO middle age people and lot young people and most are geeks. You can not survive on this job unless you have a second job.
Pros
passes to merlin
Cons
not enought pay or good managers they are all kids.
Great place for a first job
Food and Beverage Lead (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAJune 5, 2017
LEGOLAND was a great place to learn customer service and leadership skills. They gave me an opportunity to become lead at a young age which not only looked great on my resume but I also learned a lot of leadership and communication skills. My coworkers were probably the best part of the job, they made even the busiest days fun.
Pros
F&B rewards like free lunches, Christmas party
Cons
Little benefits, little hours during off-season
Great place for a first job!
Ride Operator (Current Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAMay 30, 2017
This is my first job and it's a great one. I haven't been working here for very long, and I already love it. I've already made a bunch of friends. I haven't yet been trained to operate on an attraction, so I'm working Reserve N' Ride (Lines). It's still awesome because I get to have more interaction with the guests. In order to work here, especially in my position, you have to have patience. Keep in mind that Legoland has many employees so it may take a while for you to get trained.
For lunches, make sure to bring money. They have an awesome MC (Model Citizen) food truck that sells the food they sell in the park but for 2 dollars.
Legoland is a place you will make tons of friends and meet tons of different people from all over the world. There will be some bad days, especially with impatient guests, but the good days will do more than make up for the bad ones.
Pros
Great Benefits, Awesome Co-Workers, Nice Leads
Absolutely terrible.
cashier (Former Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLMay 16, 2017
Management is unfair and wouldn't offer benefits even if I worked full time hours. They will drive you like a literal slave. I loved the people whom I worked with but that's about the only good thing about working for that company.
Fair
Model CItizen (Former Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLMay 4, 2017
working with this company was great up until a year after they opened alot of changes occured, Supervisors were being switched and brought in supervisor who were confused and never really got the hang off the position. Their management was horrible, alot of favortism when it came to the team leads and the team employees. if you werent a smoker you couldnt get a 5 minutes breather but if you did they all went to the back and took a smoke break together for about 15-20 minutes int he clock, Supervisors would try to tak to you in any way shape or form.
fun, but not for everyone
Food and Beverage Attendant (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAMarch 30, 2017
I loved working here, but after the summer, bad hours come and its not worth it. some departments are better then others. i would recommend if in high school
A ton of fun!
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLMarch 29, 2017
This job is like your childhood dream coming to life. Imagine a land filled with legos, beverages, and sumptuous food. This place is great not only for guests, but the workers too
This is a exciting fun place to work
Food and Beverage Server (Former Employee) –  Cypress Gardens, FLFebruary 2, 2017
I had a very enjoyable time working for this company. Great place to meet nice people yeah sometimes you might not like it but in the end its great money and great to see people laugh and have a good time.
Awesome place
Photographer (Former Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLDecember 31, 2016
Taking pictures is a hobby of mine so this job was easier than what i imagined. I love kids n families being happy for only 99$ visit Lego Land!
Fun place to work for a collage student.
Attractions Operator (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CADecember 11, 2016
A great summer job, you are treated well by the park management. I would work a summer job here again or recommend a summer job to a friends.

The kids visiting the park usually are not the problem it is the parents, rude, use foul language and yell at ride attendants when their children are too small to ride the rides.
Pros
Free tickets to the park for yourself, family & friends
Cons
Pay could be a little higher than minimum wage
good fun work with a good company.
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CADecember 3, 2016
Legoland lifeguarding was a fun job. the only real complaint i have is that they play the same songs in the waterpark on repeat and it'll drive you nuts after a while.
Pros
good management
Cons
nonstop music on repeat
Loving what i do
guest experience expert (Current Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLNovember 7, 2016
I love my current job, i love interacting with children, hearing them out about their day and how they are enjoying it, how they love a current character from legos.
Pros
smiles on guest faces but mostly the children
Cons
season is over
Don't work here
Model Citizen (Current Employee) –  Carlsbad, CANovember 4, 2016
Hours are horrible, right now job hours are dropping drastically due to Halloween holidays have passed. Very few hours are worked and you have to compete for your hours.
friendly and fun atmosphere
Retail Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAOctober 30, 2016
Enjoy the people i work with they are very flexible with scheduling
easy and simple when it come to getting shifts covered or picking up more hours. Its a busy environment but fun to work in.
Pros
cheap lunch, free tickets, discount, fun working environment
Fun workplace with good medical/dental.
Model Designer (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAOctober 16, 2016
Work was fun and easy going. It didn't challenge me, so I was often bored with no room for career advancement, but I did find cross-training opportunities, though not in the most useful skills. The best days and the worst days were still tolerable and fun.
Pros
discounted food
Cons
less salary than comparable theme parks