Lehigh Carbon Community College Employee Reviews

Pretty good place to work
Employee (Current Employee) –  Schnecksville, PAAugust 11, 2016
Management needs to improve communication and promote within.
Great work environment fellow employees are great people and a pleasure to work with.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Upper level management
Typical Institution of Higher Education
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Schnecksville, PAFebruary 26, 2016
LCCC, like most community colleges, attract students from a diverse background. I enjoy teaching, sometimes finding students not as well prepared for the academic rigor of college. I would continue to teach if I had more social interaction with other adjuncts or full time staff. I'm looking for a position that isn't quite so isolated.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Isolation, sedentary work
A great place to work as an adjunct
English and ESL Professor (Adjunct) (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAJanuary 5, 2016
I teach multiple face-to-face and online English and ESL courses to a diverse student body in the evenings. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to know students better, especially those new to the U.S.A and helping them be successful.
Pros
Great work environment.
student
student (Former Employee) –  Schnecksville paSeptember 30, 2015
helpful with every aspect from financial aid to class selection to tutor support in math English science biology chemistry. very supportive with childcare if needed
exciting experience
STUDENT WORKER (Former Employee) –  schnecksville, PennsylvaniaSeptember 1, 2015
i really loved working here, because it gave you the opportunity to express your inner passion. somethings, there might not be things to do but my boss always look for something to give me just to get me working on stuff and to be honest i didn't regret any bit of it.
Great place to work with arcade games and a gym
Game Room Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Schnecksville, PAJuly 26, 2015
My day was sitting at a desk, taking photos for schools IDs and helping the supervisors with various small tasks. The student life directors were amazing ladies to work for and talk to. If they could help, they would.
Real world application
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAMay 28, 2014
The program at LCCC was adult-centered real world applicable with multiple opportunities to discover their strengths
Productive workplace with valuable knowledge gained
Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Schnecksville, PASeptember 1, 2013
My time with this employer was an important and valuable learning experience. A typical day at work was enjoyable and challenging. I learned many skills to prepare me for a professional position in the field. The relationship I had with both my manager and supervisor helped create a smooth-flowing and low-stress work environment. Although much of the time I worked alone, I found confidence when given the role of teaching my co-workers skills that I learned in my time before their employment. The most difficult part about this job was the importance of precision in my work to ensure that students were working in a safe and proper classroom setting, which was also the most enjoyable part about this job. When everything ran smoothly and I knew I had played a part in the success of students I felt rewarded and confident.
Pros
Flexible hours, knowledge gained, high level of independence.
Cons
Minimal hours, low pay
Lehigh Carbon Community College
Administrative Assistant/Psychology Office Suite (Former Employee) –  Schnecksville, PANovember 19, 2012
Lehigh Carbon Community College is an excellent school and one to which I would recommend to most anyone. For the most part I found the Professors well educated and excellent teachers. Don't be fooled by the "Community College" idea, the classes are hard and challenging, just as they should be.
Decent Student Job
IT support, Bookstore Clerk (Former Employee) –  Schnecksville, PANovember 5, 2012
Easy to do. Help people find books and stock shelves. Management was really good. Co-workers are helpful.
Pros
easy, on campus
This was my first job pretaining to security and I really enjoyed it.
Auxiliary Student Security Patrol (Former Employee) –  Schnecksville, PAJuly 28, 2012
I clocked in and monitored the halls every half hour and watched the front doors. After 8 pm the front doors were locked and I had to open the door when the bell rang of someome trying to enter the building. The Professors that were working were glad to know someone was monitoring the halls.
Pros
got to do my homework in between watching the areas.
Excellent environment with great professors
student (Former Employee) –  Schnecksville, PAJuly 3, 2012
I had a great learning experience there with great professors and students and the equipment was readily available.
Pros
learning, thorough