Lehigh Carbon Community College Employee Reviews

Hard to Keep Morale Up
Professional Tutor (Former Employee) –  Schnecksville, PADecember 5, 2017
In my immediate experiences, my supervisors were competent and cared deeply about the success of students. Those who actually ran the school (the VP, President, and a few professors they really liked) did not seem to care about whether or not students were actually learning. Their focus was on making money regardless of how. I'm not so naive as to think colleges don't want to make money, but the attitudes displayed by the above mentioned individuals was focused on greed.
Not worth it
STEM Educator (Former Employee) –  Schnecksville, PANovember 21, 2017
This was an internship where you learned nothing at all about the job field you were going into. You were basically just a go to person to run errands and babysit. You got to experience at all.
Many good people to work with
Staff (Former Employee) –  Schnecksville, PANovember 10, 2017
The culture has changed for the worse. There are many making questionable ethical decisions. It used to be a pretty good place to work and good people to work with however the culture is definitely changing for the worse.
Pros
Pto
Cons
Cio, VP of Finance
Fun and productive experience
Adult Literacy Educator/ Student Success Counselor (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAAugust 10, 2017
Working at Lehigh Carbon Community College was a fun and productive place to work at it allowed you the freedom to use your natural skills. Often times I would come in to work an encourage and inspire students to push pass various life setbacks and press toward their goals. I am naturally gifted to counsel and encourage others to look at the bright side of every situation.
Pros
Fun and Productive environment
Cons
Not enough money in salary
review
ASSISTANT LAB MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Schnecksville, PAJuly 26, 2017
great place to work with flexible hours and good benefits. very relaxed and you are able to do your job with little input from others. Was able to flex time for my family.
Cons
small salary
Friendly and Professor work enviroment
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAJune 13, 2017
I have worked for LCCC for several years teaching one to three courses per semester. They have a very professional staff, that is available for advising. Students at the College are interested in learning, and communicate well with the Professors.
I was fun working with students
Certified Mathematics Tutor (Former Employee) –  Schnecksville, PAMay 3, 2017
Helped students with their studies in calculus, physics, and electronic circuit classes.I was enjoying learning and helping at the same time, it was one of the best experience I had in my life.
Adjunct work is very fulfilling
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Schnecksville, PAApril 29, 2017
As an adjunct, I was able to keep teaching in a setting that allowed me to have all the pros of public school teaching, with none of the cons. My experience was extremely positive.
English Tutor (Current Employee) –  Schnecksville, PAMarch 29, 2017
Very good college for students who are willing to work. I enjoyed every day I came to college because every day I learned new things. professors always encourage students to go further with their education.
Nice place to learn something new everyday
Rothrock Library - Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lehigh Valley, PASeptember 13, 2016
It is a great place to work and get experience. I enjoyed working there that i get to meet a lot of people everyday. The management is good and everyone is friendly.

Want to know more about Lehigh Carbon Community College?

Ask a question
Pretty good place to work
Employee (Current Employee) –  Schnecksville, PAAugust 11, 2016
Management needs to improve communication and promote within.
Great work environment fellow employees are great people and a pleasure to work with.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Upper level management
Typical Institution of Higher Education
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Schnecksville, PAFebruary 26, 2016
LCCC, like most community colleges, attract students from a diverse background. I enjoy teaching, sometimes finding students not as well prepared for the academic rigor of college. I would continue to teach if I had more social interaction with other adjuncts or full time staff. I'm looking for a position that isn't quite so isolated.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Isolation, sedentary work
A great place to work as an adjunct
English and ESL Professor (Adjunct) (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAJanuary 5, 2016
I teach multiple face-to-face and online English and ESL courses to a diverse student body in the evenings. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to know students better, especially those new to the U.S.A and helping them be successful.
Pros
Great work environment.
student
student (Former Employee) –  Schnecksville paSeptember 30, 2015
helpful with every aspect from financial aid to class selection to tutor support in math English science biology chemistry. very supportive with childcare if needed
exciting experience
STUDENT WORKER (Former Employee) –  schnecksville, PennsylvaniaSeptember 1, 2015
i really loved working here, because it gave you the opportunity to express your inner passion. somethings, there might not be things to do but my boss always look for something to give me just to get me working on stuff and to be honest i didn't regret any bit of it.
Great place to work with arcade games and a gym
Game Room Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Schnecksville, PAJuly 26, 2015
My day was sitting at a desk, taking photos for schools IDs and helping the supervisors with various small tasks. The student life directors were amazing ladies to work for and talk to. If they could help, they would.
Real world application
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAMay 28, 2014
The program at LCCC was adult-centered real world applicable with multiple opportunities to discover their strengths
Productive workplace with valuable knowledge gained
Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Schnecksville, PASeptember 1, 2013
My time with this employer was an important and valuable learning experience. A typical day at work was enjoyable and challenging. I learned many skills to prepare me for a professional position in the field. The relationship I had with both my manager and supervisor helped create a smooth-flowing and low-stress work environment. Although much of the time I worked alone, I found confidence when given the role of teaching my co-workers skills that I learned in my time before their employment. The most difficult part about this job was the importance of precision in my work to ensure that students were working in a safe and proper classroom setting, which was also the most enjoyable part about this job. When everything ran smoothly and I knew I had played a part in the success of students I felt rewarded and confident.
Pros
Flexible hours, knowledge gained, high level of independence.
Cons
Minimal hours, low pay
Lehigh Carbon Community College
Administrative Assistant/Psychology Office Suite (Former Employee) –  Schnecksville, PANovember 19, 2012
Lehigh Carbon Community College is an excellent school and one to which I would recommend to most anyone. For the most part I found the Professors well educated and excellent teachers. Don't be fooled by the "Community College" idea, the classes are hard and challenging, just as they should be.
Decent Student Job
IT support, Bookstore Clerk (Former Employee) –  Schnecksville, PANovember 5, 2012
Easy to do. Help people find books and stock shelves. Management was really good. Co-workers are helpful.
Pros
easy, on campus