Lehigh Hanson Employee Reviews

Not the Best company I have worked for
Corporate Purchasing Contracts Manager (Former Employee) –  San Ramon, CAFebruary 14, 2017
Good people work there, top management not the best and not trusting of their managers so culture is very difficult to work and flourish in. No direction and communication.
Poor management
Worker (Current Employee) –  Camden, NJJanuary 30, 2017
Plant manager wears sweatpants to work daily. Doesn't involve himself in day to day running of the plant. Leaves early every day. When he is here, rides around on bobcat working with contracted laborers. This has resulted in a poor work culture.
Pros
Privacy on nights and weekends, laid back.
Good Company
Driver/Operator (Current Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXJanuary 25, 2017
Good Company with benifits, 401K and bonuses. There is a lot of opportunity to get overtime hours. You do a lot of driving to different areas and plants so you meet a lot of people.
Dispatch Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 17, 2017
I worked at Hanson for 16 years,,the entire time that I worked there I was treated fairly and honestly. The VP at the time was PK Keuhner and was probably the best supervisor I ever had in my 50 years of working anywhere.
Pros
A comfortable, homey type of environment which encourages better performance from the employees
Cons
Construction Industry is always has and will be subject to layoffs. depending on geographic market
great management team
Shop Foreman/Manager (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, TXJanuary 16, 2017
great people to work with
always challenging you to be better
giving free course to improve your job
training for management
a great place to work for
A non-stop fast paced environment
Accounting Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 9, 2017
Lehigh's motto...

Do more with far less !
The employees are great, but I can't say the same for the management team. If you like a fast paced environment where you are not allowed to make errors, this would be the workplace for you.
breakfast every friday
cad (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXNovember 23, 2016
great place to work for
i had so much fun while working plus they give you a good training process.
good pay, good management and great co-workers
they need people know how to read civil plans.
Great company
Mixer Driver (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 6, 2016
I worked as a mixer driver for a few years with lehigh hanson and as I look back it was the best experience I have had in any position before or since. Good pay,
Good equipment, good people, Challenging yet fun work atmosphere. If they operated where I live now I would go back to work for this company in a heartbeat!
Pros
Good money
Cons
good when its good horrible when it bad
Cement Mixer Driver (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZOctober 25, 2016
no leadership higher ups find it easy to shuttle the bull instead of talking truth and or facts. sad......................................................
Pros
fun to do
Cons
pore communication and no security
Day to Day Activities
Senior Accounts Payable Associate/Vendor Support (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXOctober 18, 2016
A typical day at work is supporting the plant locations and the vendors with any issues they have with their PO's or their vendor records. I enjoy working with our vendors and our plants with reconciling their PO's. I work with a pretty solid group of individuals and the team is willing to assist each other.
Pros
Insurance started immediately
Cons
Breaks were not allowed for Shared Services

Want to know more about Lehigh Hanson?

Ask a question
Good Company, unpredictable hours
Summer Intern, Southern Indiana (Former Employee) –  Jeffersonville, INOctober 17, 2016
Worked 6-4 most days some days until 6 or 7 mostly operating heavy equipment
learned how to operate heavy equipment and learned about drilling and blasting
good coworkers
job can be boring
good overtime pay when working 60 hour weeks
Pros
good money nice people mostly easy work
Cons
long hours, unpredictable hours
Intersting place
accountant (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXOctober 3, 2016
People are nice but there is always something you are never told which is essential to your job. If they like you, you will go far if they don't you wont. Simple as that. They are not believers in people development. They say that but they are not. too many roadblocks.
Pros
great compensation
Cons
compensation blinds you to the reality
Great Compensation and Co Workers
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaSeptember 29, 2016
Great pay and benefits and awesome co workers. 55+ hours per week when I was hired for 40 makes for limited social life and a yard that always needs mowed. Could save the company tons of money if schedule was managed a lot better.

Recently hired manager could have been different, would have greatly impacted the moral of the location and built a more positive instead of hostile work environment. Limited opportunities to advance in Southeast, great if you want to move to Texas.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Bad plant management, long hours, no breaks
Fun Work Place
Senior Accountant (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXSeptember 10, 2016
I have enjoyed my time at Lehigh the people and the culture are great. The work/life balance is a challenge but if you manage your time you will be fine.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Long work Hours
Why i liked my job
Administrative Support (Current Employee) –  San Ramon, CASeptember 4, 2016
I loved my job at Lehigh Hanson because no day was ever the same. Each day I was presented with new challenges and situations, which really helps me to stay focused and interested.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks
Joke of a company
Ready Mix Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  AlabamaSeptember 3, 2016
They like to preach safety but when it comes to practice it they fall short they will work you into the ground and don't like to give you 10/15 off after working full day
Pros
Na
Cons
Terrible
A good place to learn through apprenticeship and training
Process Technician (Former Employee) –  Cupertino, CAAugust 24, 2016
overall, a good place to work with great co-workers. advancement based on seniority and capability. training available for lateral positions garnered through job bids.
Pros
good working interaction between departments
Cons
needs better communication between management and labor
Overall, it's a nice place to work for
Full-Time Accounting Intern (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXJune 4, 2016
I liked how everyone in the office seems nice. In other words, nobody is looking for drama. There are moments of stress, but that's expected in any kind of company. The members of management are kind, but the downsides of the company is that there doesn't seem to be too much growth. I know a temporary employee in my department who has no idea whether they will keep him or not after he's finished the work he's there to do. I, too, don't know if I will be offered a full-time position after my internship because there are no open positions in our department. Also, upward growth is difficult because none of the upper-leveled management seems to want to leave their own positions. Everyone is basically just stuck being whatever position they are unless they add/create new positions. The benefits are not as good as they could be - there should be more vacation time available for employees. A really nice thing is that they have business casual dress throughout the week, and then jeans on Fridays. Overall, the company is a great company to work for...if you can get a full-time position.
Pros
Not much "Micro-Management", great company to work for - if you get a full-time position.
Cons
Stressful moments during busy times, not enough vacation time and benefits.
Career growth opportunity provided
Senior Accountant (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXMay 26, 2016
Lehigh Hanson provided opportunity to grow professionally and personally. The company provided support to grow technical and soft skills.
Pros
Career growth opportunities, compensation, and benefits
Cons
Not a bad place to work but the concrete business is slowing down!!!
Maintainance (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 19, 2016
All the rain and it being an election year. Look for a lot of time home. Unless, you shine like a diamond for scraps.Managers are polite but email a lot.
Pros
little over site
Cons
safety programs $$$

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lehigh Hanson. Our community is ready to answer.