Lehigh Hanson Employee Reviews

Poor Work/Life Balance
Mine Maintenance Planner (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 16, 2015
Work is repetitive and never ending. I would say "The worst part of this job is..." but as there are so many aspects of the job that are bad, it would be challenging to narrow the field to three, let alone one.

The laborers are great. They work hard and are dedicated to the work they do. Unfortunately, it is like "Groundhog Day." The work is the same every day, literally. I come from the school of "fix it right the first time and move on." Unfortunately, too often bandages are applied and the root cause is never addressed, leading to repeat work. Safety is a buzz word, but injuries are common due to carelessness and inadequate safety mechanisms.
Pros
Plenty of overtime.
Cons
Constant rework, working 6 or 7 days per week is the expectation, a lot of infighting/back stabbing exhibited by management, plant manager is aggressive, closed to others opinions, and verbally abusive.
Thoroughly enjoyed working for this company. It provided very helpful seminars to increase professional and technology skills. Miss working here.
Accounts Payable Data Entry I Associate (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJune 5, 2013
Given the choice to choose your work hours. Allowed to work independently with moderate supervision. Great team work with the eagerness to assist anyone who required help with their days work/agenda. Held morning (brief) team meetings to keep personnel current on company events, new computer features, any personnel changes or just to get better acquainted with your co-workers.
Pros
provided paid lunches at month-end closes, freedom to express your company concerns/issues.
Cons
after acquisition by another international company, transition did not go as smoothly as anticipated. communication regarding new policies & procedures, employee expectations were lacking.
Helpdesk/Desktop Support/Remote support/ Field Tech
IT Field Services Technician (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXNovember 30, 2015
Typical day involves monitoring opened tickets and address them by priority. Troubleshooting, installing systems as needed. Coordinate with vendors on system warranties.

Learned a lot about how a Global Company functions with regards to how the different departments are coordinated on their daily functions.

Co-Workers in the IT dept are primarily on different locations but we usually communicate via our cell phones and email.

The hardest part is supporting users on different time zones.

Usually for me it is the job completion and users are good to go on their usual daily routine.
Pros
Very good company to work for
Cons
Company is Global and sometimes the person you need to call is overseas.
Dull Place
Technical (Current Employee) –  VirginiaJuly 13, 2012
Management is quite bad with barely any pay raises ( Please negotiate your salary wisely during your interview- That's your best bet).

Career advancement is next to negligible, with barely any growth in your job. They offer Tuition reimbursement

Co-workers & Employees are outstanding in this company, very knowledgeable, and I'd say I've been very fortunate to have been with them & learned quite a lot from them. They are veterans in their field and know their art very well.
Pros
annual holidays, healthcare and 401k benefits are awesome
Cons
career advancement, pay raise, expect no credit for continuing your education
Accounts Payable Associate (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXJune 3, 2013
I do Accounts Payable for this company and I have great co workers! Awesome teamwork!
There is room for improvement and advancement as long as the skills and education are obtained.
Hardest part of the job is processing invoices and being error -Free-. Management pushes for perfection if do-Able but understands we are human and there is human error. The most enjoyable part of my job is time goes by quick! We are always busy!
Pros
company gatherings, fully stocked fridge with all-you can have soda, popcorn, soup, starbucks coffee
Cons
none that i know of so far.
None a negative envirement.
Operator (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaFebruary 5, 2013
I worked for this company in the past and was wrongfully terminated. I had to go to court to try and get my job back with no luck at all. Management is of the very poorest. Not to mention how your being spied while your out on the field. My experience with this company was quite awful. Including a few visits to the doctor for anxiety & panic disorder. Due to the constant threats from the plant supervisor.
Pros
pizza & soda
Cons
healthcare
Excellent
Sr Credit Associate (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXNovember 19, 2014
A typical day at work is an extremly busy day non stop. I feel I have
brought team effort to the department from a mangers stand point as well as among my co-workers. The hardest part of the job is there is not enough time in the day to complete tasks. The most enoyable part of the day is the morning, able to go to work.
Pros
free lunch every 15th of the month
Cons
short breaks or no breaks
Harworking and driven credit analyst with 6 years of Lien experience
A/P PCard and ePayables Administrator (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXJune 11, 2015
I have previous manager experience. 6 years of Liens, waivers and bond claim knowledge and I am very detailed when filing legal documents. I oversee 2300 Purchase cards with the ability of also managing other day to day fuctions and projects given by upper management.
Pros
salary
Productive and fun workplace
Executive Assistant/Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJune 10, 2013
Lehigh Hanson has a work culture that provides the employee both a productive and fun workplace but also an opportunity to grow and advance within the company. There are so many "old timers" that have been around the company for 30 plus years, that it reminded me very much initially of my time with PepsiCo.
Good pay with decent benefits
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 11, 2013
Each day could provide a new challenge or task. Customer driven schedules could mean long work hours or shift changes. The most difficult part of the job was dealing with changes in weather because the majority of work performed was outside work.
Pros
a diverse work atmosphere
Cons
weather could cause poor work conditions
Enjoyed going to work every day. Co-workers were like family
Plant Clerk (Former Employee) –  Garwood, TXMarch 24, 2015
Lehigh Hanson was a great place to work with good benefits. The best part of my job was helping my co-workers with any questions they may have especially going on-line to do their insurance enrollment and reviewing and printing their pay stubs.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Seniority means nothing to management
Plenty of task to handle, great experiences
Benefits /Employee Services Specialist (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXMay 8, 2015
Loved talking with the employee, people person position. Ability to assist in many issues within the company. Co-workers were friendly, hardest part of this position was the late hours (24 hours company).
Pros
Time was not long enought for me.
Cons
Needed improvement in some areas.
Great place to work but the location I work in is closing
Yard Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Pelham, ALMay 20, 2013
The company provided us 401k and health benefits. They treated their employees fairly. The plant is closing that is the reason for seeking employment
Pros
health benefits and retirement
Cons
weather-rain kept us from working alot in winter. no fault of the companies
An amazing experience
HR/Payroll Analyst (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJune 25, 2015
The morale of the talent at Lehigh Hanson Corporate is nothing less than phenomenal.
This company is exceptional at taking care of its talent.
Management was considerate and helpful.
The days were long and tedious but we were rewarded for it!
I thoroughly miss my co-workers.
very customer and employee oriented.
Portfolio Manager (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMarch 23, 2015
Some days could be stressful mostly it was less stressful. They were very flexable with your start and end time. The employees were treated with holiday luncheons and after work outings. Management was very understanding and organized.
fun place to work if you dont mind working on junk with junk
HEAVY EQUIPMENT MECHANIC (Former Employee) –  Ashdown, ARJanuary 12, 2015
some of the best coworkers i have ever worked with were with hanson but managment is lacking although I do appreciate the job and the chance they gave me
Pros
paid through lunch+gaurranteed ot
Cons
gaurranteed ot
Great workplace, fast pace and good co-workers!
Plant operator (Former Employee) –  Connellsville, PANovember 14, 2013
Enjoyed working at Hanson, great people to work with. Enjoy making asphalt and working with contractors daily.
Pros
perks on gravel and asphalt.
Cons
some days no breaks, healtcare not real good.
Enjoyable place to work
Fixed Asset Accountant (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXMay 24, 2012
A friendly team environment, perform day to day jobs, sometime enganed in especial project, fun with co-workers.
Pros
free snacks, lunch during closing period, special employee event
Cons
can't see anything
Encouraging team to work for
Internal Audit Intern (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJanuary 6, 2016
I learned so much during my time at Lehigh Hanson. I loved the Internal Audit team. They are all excellent at their jobs and very encouraging. The work culture was good.
Pros
Team encouraging
Cons
Travel
PRODUCTION OPERATOR
Production Operator (Current Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSFebruary 2, 2015
A tyical day at Lehigh Hanson starts with a safty meet. What I learned there how to operate overhead crane and forklift. Fabricated cement tops for storm drains.Constructed cement bridge walls