Lehigh Hanson Employee Reviews in United States

Professional global company that is setting the bar.
Administrative Assistant - Purchasing (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMarch 9, 2016
I worked for a VP and learned about the structure of the company from mail, billing, corporate credit cards, purchasing contract procedures, to maintaining online files for global access within the company.

Management in my respective departments were great to work for, every day! Co-workers had a real team player dynamic and the flow was really nice.

Enjoyed learning new applications or functions within and beyond my typical job scope.
Pros
Great benefits, longevity in the company in it's field, large company.
Cons
Traffic increasingly being an issue, non within the company itself.
Ok Place to work
Millwright (Current Employee) –  MDAugust 30, 2015
Good company with great benefits, but the management needs to do a better job of taking care of employees. Mgmt has the tendency to retaliate against employees for on-the- job injuries, which are very common in a heavy equipment/industrial setting.
Poor Work/Life Balance
Mine Maintenance Planner (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 16, 2015
Work is repetitive and never ending. I would say "The worst part of this job is..." but as there are so many aspects of the job that are bad, it would be challenging to narrow the field to three, let alone one.

The laborers are great. They work hard and are dedicated to the work they do. Unfortunately, it is like "Groundhog Day." The work is the same every day, literally. I come from the school of "fix it right the first time and move on." Unfortunately, too often bandages are applied and the root cause is never addressed, leading to repeat work. Safety is a buzz word, but injuries are common due to carelessness and inadequate safety mechanisms.
Pros
Plenty of overtime.
Cons
Constant rework, working 6 or 7 days per week is the expectation, a lot of infighting/back stabbing exhibited by management, plant manager is aggressive, closed to others opinions, and verbally abusive.
Harworking and driven credit analyst with 6 years of Lien experience
A/P PCard and ePayables Administrator (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXJune 11, 2015
I have previous manager experience. 6 years of Liens, waivers and bond claim knowledge and I am very detailed when filing legal documents. I oversee 2300 Purchase cards with the ability of also managing other day to day fuctions and projects given by upper management.
Pros
salary
Excellent Place to Work
Help Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXApril 8, 2016
very good company with excellent people willing to lend a hand.
Typical day is 15 help desk support calls.
I learned active directory and citrix xenapp 6.5.
Management is excellent.
Co-workers will bend over backwards to teach you the things you need to know to be successful at what you doing.
Hardest part of the job is not letting your co-workers down.
The most enjoyable part is the wonderful people you work with.
loved my job
Scale Master (Former Employee) –  Sylvania, OHJanuary 26, 2015
I loved my job at Hansons. I loved the people I worked with. Enjoyed my truck drivers the most. They always made me smile and I did the same. I am still friends with all my coworkers and drivers. A-lot of face time with the drivers as they pulled up to get tickets, so i got to know everyone of them and they got to know me. The only thing I did not like about working at Hansons was it took almost 6 yrs to get a .3% raise, even after going back and forth to Waterville and Sylvania covering for the managers, coming in early and days off, when they allowed. Not many hard parts to the job. I worked with many computer programs. They liked to change the system of how thing are done a-lot, just had to get used to them all over again. and hope they would work properly.
Pros
coworkers and drivers
Cons
$ and benefits
Good place to work but bad company to work for !!! No Over Sight
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Humble, TXApril 30, 2016
The corporate office has a policy for everything but less your management ! Do not hope for a fair or even interruption of the rule or a balance to the madness . Just know you're a good person sign up with a company that will flip a coin and make decision.
Pros
day off for rain
Cons
no 40 guarantee
Helpdesk/Desktop Support/Remote support/ Field Tech
IT Field Services Technician (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXNovember 30, 2015
Typical day involves monitoring opened tickets and address them by priority. Troubleshooting, installing systems as needed. Coordinate with vendors on system warranties.

Learned a lot about how a Global Company functions with regards to how the different departments are coordinated on their daily functions.

Co-Workers in the IT dept are primarily on different locations but we usually communicate via our cell phones and email.

The hardest part is supporting users on different time zones.

Usually for me it is the job completion and users are good to go on their usual daily routine.
Pros
Very good company to work for
Cons
Company is Global and sometimes the person you need to call is overseas.
I see you on my camera and you didn't turn the corner properly???
Driver/Delivery (Former Employee) –  Tomball, TXMay 10, 2016
Campbell Concrete, I mean Lehigh Hanson. They love those cameras. Get ready for some coaching or lead to the door. I hope they realize one bad fatality and your going to be on the news.
Pros
lunch
Cons
dirty place to work
Career growth opportunity provided
Senior Accountant (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXMay 26, 2016
Lehigh Hanson provided opportunity to grow professionally and personally. The company provided support to grow technical and soft skills.
Pros
Career growth opportunities, compensation, and benefits
Cons

Want to know more about Lehigh Hanson?

Ask a question
Not a bad place to work but the concrete business is slowing down!!!
Maintainance (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 19, 2016
All the rain and it being an election year. Look for a lot of time home. Unless, you shine like a diamond for scraps.Managers are polite but email a lot.
Pros
little over site
Cons
safety programs $$$
If you like long hours and cameras?
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 30, 2016
Get ready for 2 am mornings and a camera point at you 24/7. Be safe but don't get tired or you'll get a point on your attendance record. Good luck with this two faced working environment.
Pros
new trucks
Cons
medical insurance is bad
Fast paced extended hours required
Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Mason City, IAMay 8, 2016
A good place to work with great management and benefits. Long hours. There are always unexpected unplanned mechanical issues.
Pros
Good management and benefits
Cons
I cannot think of any
I hope you like guessing the amount and when you get your bonus check?
current employee (Current Employee) –  Katy, TXApril 27, 2016
WARNING : write your loads down on paper. These people don't care if you get paid your right bonus amount or when they pay it.
Pros
n/a
Cons
TO MANY SUPERVISORS
Enjoyed going to work every day. Co-workers were like family
Plant Clerk (Former Employee) –  Garwood, TXMarch 24, 2015
Lehigh Hanson was a great place to work with good benefits. The best part of my job was helping my co-workers with any questions they may have especially going on-line to do their insurance enrollment and reviewing and printing their pay stubs.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Seniority means nothing to management
A good place to work at
Internal Auditor (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXApril 14, 2016
A good place to grow within the company. people are great to work for. The company will support you if you want to do something different within the company
Dull Place
Technical (Current Employee) –  VirginiaJuly 13, 2012
Management is quite bad with barely any pay raises ( Please negotiate your salary wisely during your interview- That's your best bet).

Career advancement is next to negligible, with barely any growth in your job. They offer Tuition reimbursement

Co-workers & Employees are outstanding in this company, very knowledgeable, and I'd say I've been very fortunate to have been with them & learned quite a lot from them. They are veterans in their field and know their art very well.
Pros
annual holidays, healthcare and 401k benefits are awesome
Cons
career advancement, pay raise, expect no credit for continuing your education
procutive nice paced and safe environment
laborer (Former Employee) –  bakersfield californiaJanuary 26, 2016
my time at Lehigh cement plant was very pleasant. The employees there are also helpful and work as a team and are very strict on safety. that allows us to make home to our families every day.
Pros
overtime, 45 min lunch, weekends off, weekly pay, friendly environment
Cons
Encouraging team to work for
Internal Audit Intern (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJanuary 6, 2016
I learned so much during my time at Lehigh Hanson. I loved the Internal Audit team. They are all excellent at their jobs and very encouraging. The work culture was good.
Pros
Team encouraging
Cons
Travel
Horrible!
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Downingtown, PAFebruary 27, 2016
WORST PLACE I EVER WORKED i turned down another job offer and it was a bad move i was totally mislead all my co workers were fine except ONE!!
Pros
60+ hours a week
Cons
thats about it !

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lehigh Hanson. Our community is ready to answer.