Lehigh Hanson Employee Reviews

Management sucks
Storeroom Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tehachapi, CANovember 1, 2017
If management doesnt like you...You are screwed.
No one cares about you outside that fence. Managers are rude and condescending. If you aren't in with the in crowd you are not treated well at all.
Cons
No bonus for certain people
Great!
IT/SAP Intern (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXOctober 22, 2017
Balanced work/life. Helpful employees around. Worked part time but learned a lot within the company. Good exposure to business and how it grows. Would recommend to a friend.
Inexperienced upper management
Senior Accountant (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXOctober 4, 2017
They have high turnover in their accounting department. They have accounting managers that are knowledgeable in accounting but are not experienced nor good at managing people or having their backs.. People are promoted as to how much they become friends with the director of accounting not based an actual ability.
Pros
good location
Cons
management
Nice place to work
Production Foreman (Former Employee) –  Tyrone, GASeptember 9, 2017
Day started at 6:30am with safety meeting and task if anything different needed to be done if not everyone new their job. Managing different type of people, self starter and slackers. The upper management right above myself had picks and pets something that I totally disagree with in a workforce. The hardest part of the job was not having manpower always under staff. The most enjoyable part of the job was doing what you enjoy and working with some great guy's.
Very competitive, constant change
Talent Acquisition Representative (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXSeptember 8, 2017
I did like working here but job security was uncertain. Long working hours are not verbally communicated but expected. Prefer for you not to take a lunch.
Good Place To Work
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 1, 2017
Wonderful company and co-workers. My position was a contract assignment that is ending and there are no positions I am interested in or I would stay!
Old School Company
LMS ADMINISTRATOR & VIDEOGRAPHER (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXAugust 9, 2017
First of all, LH's corporate office is not a bad place to work if you don't mind being micro-managed by people who often times don't really know what your job is. The upper management seems stuck in the 1970's as far as their attitudes go.I found this quite frustrating in the nearly 5 years I worked there.

The company expects you to be physically in the office at your desk working, even if you have a laptop and the work you do could be done from anywhere in the world with an Internet connection. You might as well not have a personal life as leaving early to take your kids to school or sporting activities are frowned upon. They also watch you like a hawk to make sure you come in on time and leave on time.

Millennials are frustrated quickly here as they can't move up the ladder as quickly as at other places. People in senior leadership positions typically have been with the company or in the industry for decades and moved up slowly through the ranks. New ideas and methods are quickly challenged or dismissed.

White males are quietly given preferential treatment over minorities and females. I've seen highly talented and productive minority and or female managers and executives fired for trying to make progressive moves toward racial equality and professional competency-driven goals and methods, rocking the "good-old boy" way of doing things.

I learned a lot from OJT and finding the training resources I needed on my own as there was no formal development plan in place. In fact, the LMS has recently been geared toward developing the leadership positions and not for the
  more... support folks. Their training programs seem to be marching backward.

The hardest part of the job was working directly under a director who knew nothing about my job nor what it was about after our training manager was let go. It was frustrating at best as I had very little to do other than updating records and "keeping the lights on".

The most enjoyable part of my job was learning new systems and methods and challenging myself daily. I also enjoyed travelling from time to time across North America for different projects.
Pros
Great for self-motivated people who are very work-oriented
Cons
Work-life balance is almost non-existent
Good People / Poor Management
Shift Foreman (Former Employee) –  Evansville, PAAugust 8, 2017
Its' feast or famine with the amount of work. Little to no preventative maintenance is done, so almost everything is run til failure. Management Monday morning quarterbacks your decisions but doesn't do anything about fixing the problems that led to said decisions. Hot and dirty atmosphere. Equipment isn't taken care of and the Union employee's all play the not-my-job line. Most care about the company's survival but don't put forth the effort to make it better. Lot of paperwork or logging of useless "information of the day" but then get questioned about the amount of time you spend in the office.
Pros
Good pay, easy work, some free lunches
Cons
Micromanaged, rotating shift work with only 1 free weekend per month
Death Spiral
Operator/Laborer (Former Employee) –  New YorkJuly 18, 2017
Micromanaging is a major problem for management. Weekly hours change with little notice. No leeway for sickness. Poor wages for work required. Only people who get anywhere are the liars and the ones who know somebody. Big talk of safety but never follow up on it until Msha or DEC are around.
Pros
Seasonal and Co workers
Cons
Short breaks, Varying hours for poor pay and never doing enough to satisfy
Horrible culture and Management
Operator (Current Employee) –  Chico, TXJuly 17, 2017
The culture consists of employees being put against one another by management because management does not want to follow up. Management hires their friends and family creating nepotism and conflicts of interest. They will work you to the bone 7 days a week 12 to 14 hours a day. The weekends they take off and you are unsupervised if there is an accident. If there is an accident management will find fault in some form or fashion with the employee. There is a total lack of professionalism and people management skills. You will be cussed out, and have managers who get in your face. They also say safety is their number one concern, it is not. Ive been on a high wall during a thunder storm in a wiggle tail, they do not care about their people at all.
Pros
vision is good
Cons
long hours, no work life balance, awful management, no growth opportunities
Great place to make a career!
Plant operator (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, TXJuly 17, 2017
I have worked at several different rock crushers and Hanson by far has all the right tools to have a steady hard working job with room to grow within the company.
Pros
Great employees and top of the line equipment
Finance (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXJuly 9, 2017
This is a great place to work. The people are really knowledgeable, helpful and kind. There are some changes going on in some departments but over all a good place to work.
good saftey procedures
Industrial Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Chico, TXJuly 3, 2017
learned alot about mining operation msha cranes skytracs manlift no home work life balance. management was unorganized. most enjoyable part is that the issues we never the same with the equipment
great place
Plant Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Torrance, PAJune 13, 2017
great place to work but u have no home life u work 6 days a week and its 15 plus hour shifts.. other then that pay is good people are cool and bosses are cool
Nice place to work
Accounts Payable Associate (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJune 12, 2017
Good company, pay weekly. Nice environment..friendly co-workers. Pretty good benefits and processes are up to date. I like the company overall. My department micro-managed so that was a negative
No Where To Go
Mineral Resources, Royalties Accountant (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXJune 12, 2017
To advance at Lehigh Hanson, you must know someone or be good friends with management. There is no advancement for what the person knows, only if the person is very social.
Pros
Good Insurance, decent Christmas party
Everyday I learned something new
LABORER (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMay 16, 2017
Working as a laborer for this company was a daily challenge. There wasn't a day that i didn't learn anything new which was great for me because i'm always eager to learn new things
Pros
unlimited overtime
Cons
no healthcare
fast pace
Senior Weigh Master (Former Employee) –  Bunnlevel, NCMay 13, 2017
It use to be a great place to work. You felt like family. It's changed hands several times over the 37 years I was there and now you're just a number.
Pros
Good benifits
Cons
back stabbing
Productive friendly environment
Shop Admin (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 9, 2017
Great co-worker/employees. Great company with great values. A company that values family life not just work. It can be stressful but everyone is there to help.
a fun place to work
Senior Portfolio Manager (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAApril 25, 2017
a good company to work for - good benefits and pay
a very professional work environment - you would process credit application for commercial builders and maintain the credit limits of the existing customers
Pros
they really about their employees
Cons
fast pace

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lehigh Hanson. Our community is ready to answer.