Lehigh Hanson

Lehigh Hanson United States Employee Reviews

very customer and employee oriented.
Portfolio Manager (Former Employee), Irving, TXMarch 23, 2015
Some days could be stressful mostly it was less stressful. They were very flexable with your start and end time. The employees were treated with holiday luncheons and after work outings. Management was very understanding and organized.
Prouductive
Accounts Receivable Cash Applications Associate (Current Employee), Irving, TXFebruary 5, 2015
Working at this company is awesome. I love the envirnoment and staff. we work as a team and everyone is willing to help where needed
PRODUCTION OPERATOR
Production Operator (Current Employee), Hattiesburg, MSFebruary 2, 2015
A tyical day at Lehigh Hanson starts with a safty meet. What I learned there how to operate overhead crane and forklift. Fabricated cement tops for storm drains.Constructed cement bridge walls
fun place to work if you dont mind working on junk with junk
HEAVY EQUIPMENT MECHANIC (Former Employee), Ashdown, ARJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: paid through lunch+gaurranteed ot
Cons: gaurranteed ot
some of the best coworkers i have ever worked with were with hanson but managment is lacking although I do appreciate the job and the chance they gave me
Excellent
Sr Credit Associate (Former Employee), Irving, TXNovember 19, 2014
Pros: free lunch every 15th of the month
Cons: short breaks or no breaks
A typical day at work is an extremly busy day non stop. I feel I have
brought team effort to the department from a mangers stand point as well as among my co-workers. The hardest part of the job is there is not enough time in the day to complete tasks. The most enoyable part of the day is the morning, able to go to work.
Great Coworkers
Senior A/P Associate-Temp- VERITY RECRUITING (Current Employee), Irving, TXSeptember 28, 2014
Pros: great location
Cons: lack training opportunities
Just about everyone I work with is very helpful and has a positive attitude. I enjoy my interaction with them.
Cash Application Specialist (Former Employee), Irving, TXJuly 22, 2014
Pros: location
Cons: rules don't apply the same for everyone
Management styles vary by department. Some departments are fun to work for, other are not.
Good communication at all levels
Benefits/Leave of Absence Coordinator (Former Employee), Irving, TXJune 9, 2014
Great people to work with. Good communication at all levels.
Hours worked well with my schedule
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Former Employee), Irving, TXMay 14, 2014
Hours were good, but work was repetitious and if ever an emergency with home life came up, you were not allowed to handle that, no excuses
Job Work/Life Balance is very poor
Analyst (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMay 5, 2014
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: poor people management skills
Job Work/Life Balance is very Poor. Managers have poor people management skills.
Tremendous Learning
IT Business Intern (Former Employee), Irving, TXApril 30, 2014
Awesome learning experience with great exposure to technology and business.
Lehigh Hanson
Inside Sales Associate/CSR (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCApril 14, 2014
Pros: teamwork
Typical day varies. Calls and work can vary depending on the time of the year, production, and the market.
Good pay with decent benefits
Production Supervisor (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INDecember 11, 2013
Pros: a diverse work atmosphere
Cons: weather could cause poor work conditions
Each day could provide a new challenge or task. Customer driven schedules could mean long work hours or shift changes. The most difficult part of the job was dealing with changes in weather because the majority of work performed was outside work.
Great workplace, fast pace and good co-workers!
Plant operator (Former Employee), Connellsville, PANovember 14, 2013
Pros: perks on gravel and asphalt.
Cons: some days no breaks, healtcare not real good.
Enjoyed working at Hanson, great people to work with. Enjoy making asphalt and working with contractors daily.
Slow Paced Environment
Sales Coordinator (Current Employee), Irving, TXAugust 25, 2013
Overall a good company. Unfortunately not a lot of room for advancement.
ok place to work
Accounts Receivable Clerk III (Former Employee), Dallas, TXAugust 1, 2013
Pros: discounts at several places
cash application, co workers were great, learned about merging reports and the in and outs of the Financail close
Productive and fun workplace
Executive Assistant/Sales Coordinator (Former Employee), Irving, TXJune 10, 2013
Lehigh Hanson has a work culture that provides the employee both a productive and fun workplace but also an opportunity to grow and advance within the company. There are so many "old timers" that have been around the company for 30 plus years, that it reminded me very much initially of my time with PepsiCo.
Thoroughly enjoyed working for this company. It provided very helpful seminars to increase professional and technology skills. Miss working here.
Accounts Payable Data Entry I Associate (Former Employee), Irving, TXJune 5, 2013
Pros: provided paid lunches at month-end closes, freedom to express your company concerns/issues.
Cons: after acquisition by another international company, transition did not go as smoothly as anticipated. communication regarding new policies & procedures, employee expectations were lacking.
Given the choice to choose your work hours. Allowed to work independently with moderate supervision. Great team work with the eagerness to assist anyone who required help with their days work/agenda. Held morning (brief) team meetings to keep personnel current on company events, new computer features, any personnel changes or just to get better acquainted with your co-workers.
Accounts Payable Associate (Current Employee), Irving, TXJune 3, 2013
Pros: company gatherings, fully stocked fridge with all-you can have soda, popcorn, soup, starbucks coffee
Cons: none that i know of so far.
I do Accounts Payable for this company and I have great co workers! Awesome teamwork!
There is room for improvement and advancement as long as the skills and education are obtained.
Hardest part of the job is processing invoices and being error -Free-. Management pushes for perfection if do-Able but understands we are human and there is human error. The most enjoyable part of my job is time goes by quick! We are always busy!
Great place to work but the location I work in is closing
Yard Supervisor (Current Employee), Pelham, ALMay 20, 2013
Pros: health benefits and retirement
Cons: weather-rain kept us from working alot in winter. no fault of the companies
The company provided us 401k and health benefits. They treated their employees fairly. The plant is closing that is the reason for seeking employment

About Lehigh Hanson

Lehigh Hanson is one of the largest suppliers of heavy building materials to the construction industry in North America. Our companies – Read more