Lehigh University Employee Reviews

Good place
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PANovember 14, 2016
This is a good lace with good pay for students that want to gain experience in the psychology field. The only thing is that they don't offer benefits.
Enrollment Support
Enrollment Sipport Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAMay 18, 2016
Overall this is a great place to work, but as I live in Palmerton, the hour long drive is becoming a bit much. I have been here for 10 years and I believe Lehigh provides outstanding benefits, opportunities and comfortable environment.
Pros
Security
Cons
Drive time
Great people to work with
Integrated Product Development Team Advisor (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAJanuary 6, 2017
I guided two undergraduate teams during their capstone project in a course called, Integrated Product Development. The students were very smart and driven; so I learned things from them. The management, as well as co-workers, were helpful. The job wasn't very difficult, and I enjoyed working with the students.
Lehigh gave me the building blocks
Starbucks Barista (Current Employee) –  Lehigh Valley, PAFebruary 13, 2017
I feel blessed to go to such a prestigious institution that has truly opened the doors to countless opportunities. During my job search I feel confident backing the Lehigh University name.
Best All Time Position
Psychology Department Undergraduate Secretary (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PANovember 5, 2016
Loved the culture! Beautiful workplace. Worked with an amazing group of staff and faculty. Students were awesome and I enjoyed looking after them. the only reason I left was because of my husband was relocated... Still miss Lehigh U!!!
Great academic school with professional people
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAFebruary 15, 2017
Discussed the research progress with professor every day and find the direction we needed to go;
Conducted experiments with simulation of the research topic;
Read past works on the same research topic
Hard work, no benefits
Graducate Student (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAFebruary 29, 2016
Free education but long work hours and no benefits. Rewarding if you are passionate about your field. Lehigh give a great education and experience, but be ready to work.
Great job, but no pay.
Volunteer Research Engineer (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, PANovember 11, 2016
Volunteer Basis. No pay.

Very challenging!

Need paying job, though.

Learning fast biomass pyrolysis.
Equipment: Tubular Reactor
Condenser

Also, providing critical review service for technical papers.
Pros
Interesting work
Cons
Need some income, though.
Fun workplace but behind the times
Network Technician (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAAugust 28, 2013
An average workday was great when I was able to get away from the people who were there so long and had no schooling in this field. So it was hard coming from a schooled background and knowledge. My immediate supervisor/coworker was led around by my experience but felt intimidated when I HAVE NO PROBLEM HELPING OR TEACHING SOMEONE BECAUSE IT ONLY HELPS OUR FULL TEAM!
I was going through a divorce so Lehigh as a whole was excellent it was just the little team of people who hid everything thinking its job security. We reported to a "manager" who had really no background in IT so my supervisor had the wool over her eyes and took credit for everything I was teaching him!
I do not like to trash anyone but it was the worse environment and especially when I LOVE to be a team player!
Pros
Free lunches, benefits, schooling for my 2 daughters
Cons
Just my small team
A good place to be employed
PURCHASING SUPERVISOR - SODEXO/THE WOOD COMPANY (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAAugust 25, 2016
This was an enjoyable position with daily challenges. The variety of challenges made this a very fulfilling position Working with a diversity of people and many different situations as well as many varied menus and food service sections on campus created an atmosphere desirable for work
productive and fun
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAAugust 2, 2016
Staff is helpful, but the faculty is mostly dedicated themselves for their own matters.
I worked here for my Phd both as a teaching assistant and an a research assistant.
Worked in various locations during 30 years of service
Registration Assistant - Office of the Registrar (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAOctober 21, 2013
Overall, Lehigh University is a great place to work and has good benefits including the opportunity to continue your educational goals, which could lead to a degree while working at Lehigh University.
Pros
Health, education and retirement benefits.
I loved doing the work, and working at the Unv.
Senior Technical Asst (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, Pa., USAAugust 2, 2013
Lehigh was a great place to work. Good wages and benefits. People were great to work with. Management was somewhat unfair but alright to work with.
Place of Excellence
Research Fellowship (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAJune 12, 2016
One of the best schools in the area, excellent research lab and well qualified faculty and staff that foster a rich environment for learning and working.
Place to continiously develop skills and work on ongoing projects
Creativity Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAApril 7, 2016
Minimum 10 hours a week. 5PM-7PM job. I get to learn about the tools and technological processes in the creativity lab. It enhances my creativity and encourages me to work on other projects and always keep learning. Co-workers are really helpful and cooperative. It inspires us to keep learning and making stuff all the time.
Great developmental experience
Assistant Director (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAFebruary 4, 2014
During my (almost) three years at Lehigh, I have really grown and developed as a professional. I have found my confidence and my voice within the higher education world. Additionally, I have really found my passion for strategic planning, management, organizational behaviors, and leadership development. I was given many tasks that varied from social media/communications to working with alumni and volunteers to writing a strategic plan.

My coworkers are incredible people who are supportive yet challenge me to be a better coworker or employee. This has been a great experience that has truly prepared for higher level careers.
Pros
Paid cell phone bill, great vacation days, healthcare
Cons
No upward movement options
Harmonious and warm
Grader (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAApril 25, 2016
I worked as a grader in the mathmatcis department. The people here are very nice and friendly. Every month, they will hold a party to celebrate the birthdays of people born in that months, which brought me a warm feeling of family.
Productive, fast-paced work environment with friendly and knowledgeable faculty.
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAMay 19, 2015
This university has a good job culture/atmosphere. Research supervisors are interested in and involved with your work. Often, classes and lab work will complement each other nicely, adding to the overall graduate research experience.
Pros
Great, knowledgeable engineering faculty. Friendly staff/students. Continuous contributions to science.
Cons
Occasional long hours to meet research deadlines.
it get's boring so easily
Candidate Management, Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAJanuary 8, 2016
The gap in age between management and staff is huge. it makes it difficult to be creative. This how it is done and this how it will be done.
good school
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAMarch 10, 2016
good school, nice working experience, reasonable workload, mostly supporting staff, diverse working environment, definitly recommeded.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lehigh University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3