Lehigh University Employee Reviews

Great Experience
Stage Hand (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAFebruary 7, 2018
A great staff that introduced me to the life of a stagehand. Meet new people and learn new things.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Less Pay
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAJanuary 30, 2018
Pay does not match cost of living compared to other major university areas. Ads for part-time work are usually seeking someone who will volunteer full-time hours for part-time pay. Always try to ask potential coworkers why they think the last person left/was not renewed.
Challenging and Rewarding Environment
Director - Mailing and Printing Services (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAJanuary 25, 2018
Lehigh University provided an ideal atmosphere for growth within the department for both me and the staff of Printing and Mailing employees I managed. I was able guide the department through the expansion of business offerings and volume while streamlining the processes. Working with various staff members and University constituents we were able to enhance the services we provided to the University while reducing costs to the University. A very rewarding experience.
Pros
A superb organization that values people and education.
Cons
Proximity to my family
Good postdoc position
Postdoctoral Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAJanuary 23, 2018
As any postdoc position it was temporary, never less great people at Materials Sciences Department. I have been working in Center for Advanced Materials and Nanotechnology and it was best time of my life. I have completed my MBA using tuition assistance and research was very interesting.
Pros
University setting
Cons
Lack of advencement
Professional Environment
Senior Defensive Advisor (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAJanuary 3, 2018
Professional and productive environment. Salaries commensurate with experience and knowledge. Co-workers were courteous and pleasant. Benefits were excellent.
Benefits
Cons
Lack of communication between workers and supervisors
Good place to get good experience
Director of Basketball Operations (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAJanuary 3, 2018
The University has a beautiful campus, and lively environment. Staff members are very nice, polite, and engaging. The University could invest more into athletics. Some staff members are greatly under paid, but the experience at this D1 institution is priceless.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Pay
Great Place to Grow
Co-Defensive Coordinator/Defensive Backs Coach (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PADecember 21, 2017
Great place to live and work. I spent 10 years there and felt like it was good place to be. They understood what it took to be successful. When we parted ways, although I thought it was not fair, I was taken care of.
Productive, educational
Marketing Consultan (ESC) (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PANovember 14, 2017
My job was part time and then turned into a volunteer status. I loved the people and the culture. Looking for a stable environment with a stable culture.
Pros
people
Cons
noe
nice place
Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, PANovember 8, 2017
It's a really good school! I will recommend my friends to go here. I have learned a lot from here. And my professor and manager are both very kind and patient to me.
Management Team
Retail Manager (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAOctober 28, 2017
Wonderful management team. Everyone is willing to help and support each other professionally . Great camaraderie. Great leaders make great managers. Wonderful work ethics.
Pros
Atmosphere
Cons
nothing
solid job
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAOctober 26, 2017
No complaints. Lehigh is a great place to work and was the perfect position for me at the time. the Chemical Engineering department is great and has many resources.
Great place to get started in research
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAOctober 16, 2017
My experience as a research assistant at Lehigh university was very positive. It allowed me to learn and gain experience with technical instrumentation and laboratory work under the supervision of experienced scientists and professors.
Best place to work
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mudd LabSeptember 26, 2017
I have enjoyed studying at Lehigh University. I worked as Research Assistant with two professors. The work is a highly stressful but I enjoyed working.
great place to work
Post-doctoral Research Scientist (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PASeptember 6, 2017
I worked here as a post-doc. The professors were very supportive, and the labs had state of the art equipment. Overall the work environment was very relaxed, and in the end, I worked more hours than required without feeling pushed, because I enjoyed the work and my colleagues.
The Budget Office is the hub of all budgetary meetings
Coordinator, Budget Office (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PASeptember 6, 2017
I enjoyed working in the Budget Office and had excellent rapport with my colleagues. Everyone and everything is very professional but in a fun and engaging way.
Great Institution
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAAugust 17, 2017
Easy to follow guidelines. Had the ability to work on my own time and at my own pace. Would recommend to anyone who is trying to maintain extra income while studying
A great place to work!
Assistant Dean of Students (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAJuly 15, 2017
Lehigh was a great place to work. I enjoyed the other professionals I interacted with daily. Very empowering, motivating, and fulfilling. I was challenged and supported to be the best professional I could.
Pros
lots of young professionals
Cons
I cant think of any
Tuition benefit is great
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAJuly 12, 2017
If you are looking to advance your education or provide education for your children, this is the perfect place for you. Otherwise, look elsewhere. Lehigh unfortunately is stuck in the 1970's and needs to change to catch up with the times.
Pros
Benefits and retirement
Cons
everthing else
Summary of Lehigh
Educator (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAJune 20, 2017
Lehigh is a great place to work with great people all around campus. An environment that is supportive and productive allows you to become as successful as you want to be.
awesome place
American Studies Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAMay 17, 2017
i like working there they had free college for my children and it was nice and close to home and there were wonderful people to work with and good discounts at bookstore