Lehigh Valley Health Network Employee Reviews

Very productive and challenging place to work
Senior Epic Consultant (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAJuly 7, 2017
Each day presented a new challenge. The proximity of all of the applications to one another made it easy to ask questions of other applications where there was crossover from one module to another. They encouraged getting up and moving around during the course of the day.
Pros
Close proximity to the hospitals
Management Team
Administrative Secretary (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAJuly 7, 2017
I don't believe that the management team really listens to staff regarding changes to help work flow.

Staff work for sick days each month, but if you utilize the sick days you are punished with warnings.
Great for education, poor for financial advancement, unless you like overtime.
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAJuly 5, 2017
Great educational opportunities. Salary is not competitive, raises/bonus 1x per year, and are minimal. Management refuses to offer incentive pay despite low staffing levels and constant demand for staff to pick-up overtime to cover open shifts.
Pros
Education
Cons
Must use LVH physicians/facilities to use healthcare. If you live out of the area, this will be a burden.
They not fair if patient lies and says u told them something they supposedly do investigation and they lay u off
FRONT DESK SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  1621 chew street allenton pa 18102June 29, 2017
The management is unfair patients are always right although they have no proof of any accuzations and u get terminated or laid off . u a good worker and u get treated as a immigrant for the patients.
Pros
Benefits 501k
Cons
Short 30min breaks
Nice Co-workers
Nurse Tech (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PA 18103June 26, 2017
Provide direct patient care, including treatments and diagnostic studies as directed by a Registered Nurse. Provide other support services, dictated by patient needs, as a care delivery team member. Utilizes effective and appropriate communication styles.
Pros
Nice cafeteria
Cons
3rd shift
Very Productive
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAJune 20, 2017
Every day as part of my job I will always learn something different. Each and everyday the patients that i dealt with they would smile no matter what pain they were in. It showed me that no matter what crosses your path you can always smile. We can also always have a friend no matter who they are whether its a nurse or another patient we are all equal.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
healthcare
Ok place
Employee (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAJune 14, 2017
The most enjoyable part of this job is helping where you can and making others smile. Hardest part is not being appreciated. Typical day at work. I come in and gather information for the unit to start the day. Hand out the phones to the nurses. Handle the incoming phone calls, Dr orders and consults. Sometime travel to different units and cover them due to being short staffed.
Cons
Cover multiple units, pay
Great place to work.
Member Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAJune 13, 2017
It was not much more than a part-time college job to me, but those who worked there full time were excellent colleagues. My job was menial, yet enjoyable. I would interact with members, process paperwork, manage inventory, open and close, and perform miscellaneous tasks as necessary. I learned basic life support, professional and personal communication, and workplace etiquette. The management was very flexible and accommodating to my schedule.
Good Place to Work
Patient Transporter/Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAJune 12, 2017
Great benefits and time off.
As a transporter you walk an average of 12 miles a day.
You must request vacation a long time in advance.
You must show for work every day on time with no exceptions.
Pros
Health Insurance, Pto
Cons
No breaks, Even being sick counts against you
Productive and professional place to work
Associate Process Coordinatoe (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAJune 12, 2017
Excellent benefits available. Understanding and willing to work out issues with employees. Offers competitive wages and additional training and college reimbursement programs.
I really enjoyed working with Lehigh Valley Health Network for 17+ years and would love to be back to work.
Pros
flex hours
Cons
weekends
Control Your schedule
Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  East Stroudsburg, PAJune 12, 2017
Great benefits, you control your schedule, excellent place to gain experience and build your nursing skills. Will hire new grads and preceptor program is extensive.
Great place to work!
I/S Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Allentown PAJune 10, 2017
Great supervisors and pay! Flexible with hours! Communicating with patients made easy!
Answering calls for patients, patients families and LVHN staff. Fulfilling position when one is in healthcare.
Pros
pay, management
Cons
very hard to get into company
patients
Phlebotomist/Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAJune 9, 2017
Loved my patients. Loved the location i worked at. I would have stayed at my job until retirement. But new management wanted
there pick of staff. 30 co workers were let go for all different type of
reasons... CO WORKERS 35 YEARS TO 10 YEARS.
Pros
patients, my work.
Cons
management
see below
Director Emergency Department/Trauma (Former Employee) –  Hazleton PAJune 1, 2017
State of the art healthcare environment. Different cultures at each site some times difficult t oblend different entities . A typical day at work started at 0700 and ended usually by 1700. Many changes occurring in management some times clear direction and sometimes not a clear direction.. Non Main campus sites often left behind in clear goals and direction. Hardest part was having clear goals and financial support to meet the goals. I enjoyed the colleagues I worked with enjoyed the patient nurse interaction.
Pros
patient care
Cons
merging of sites
Your experience is directly related to who manages your unit.
Certified Security Officer II (Current Employee) –  East Stroudsburg, PAMay 31, 2017
Overall an average employer. Much of the management style is straight out of the 1980's.Although your experience may vary according to who manages your unit. Some managers are great but too many are ill equipped to competently discharge their duties. The organization rarely promotes from within and can become vindictive when challenged to live up to their own standards.
Pros
Fairly good to excellent pay for the area.
Cons
You'll earn every penny.
Intern
Supply Chain Research Scholar (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAMay 22, 2017
Surprised by how "behind the times" supply department was.
Internship coordinators struggled to find meaningful work.
Spent a lot of time unpacking boxes and trying to appear busy.
Pros
Friendly co-workers
Standard but great company
Billing Analyst/Patient Services (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAMay 22, 2017
Great work like balance
Flexible schedules (depending on the dept)
Room for growth (depending on the dept)
offer great incentives to get healthy and live stress free
great paid time off benefits.
Pros
Paid time off
Cons
not a lot of growth
Not the best place but an okay start
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  East Stroudsburg, PAMay 20, 2017
I am not a fan of the Valley. I've been working here for over a year now and the management is horrible. I work every weekend because the "lack of staffing" and if I don't, they won't give me hours, just the bare minimum which by the way is 32 hours full time. Not a fan but I have to pay the bills so I just accept it for now.
Pros
Good starter
Cons
Independent work in a very knowledgable environment for students and young professionals
Research Scholar Intern (Former Employee) –  Lehigh Valley, PAMay 19, 2017
I learned how to read charts and interact with patients in a empathetic and compassionate manner. I also learned much about the many different aspect of the healthcare field.
Decent place to work
EPIC Consultant (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAMay 17, 2017
Decent place to start your career, very hard to move up in the company, and you are stagnant. Good people and atmosphere, upper management is very helpful and understanding but not when it comes to promotions.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lehigh Valley Health Network. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval