Lehigh Valley Health Network Employee Reviews

showing compassion for patients and their families
Emergency Department Registrar (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAJanuary 6, 2016
worked well with co-workers and emergency room staff. Took turns rotating positions from checking in patients, checking out patients, giving little prepared totes of toys for scared children.
Pros
Incentives for being highest co-pay collector
Cons
worked under stressful conditions for the last year due to contructions
Authorization Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PADecember 2, 2015
Lehigh valley hospital, it has been a pleasure working here, with great management, great co-workers. The enviroment is very positive, and proactive with there employees, we get recognize for our great work, and productivity. Bosses are very supportive, and willing to help you improve in any area of your work. They are willing to give you opportunities to move forward to other job positions within the workplace. Willing to help improve on performances, give workers opportunities to grow within.
Cons
Excellent workplace, great staff, wonderful ogranization to deal with on a daily basis
Sr. Consultant (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PANovember 20, 2015
Excellent staff, culture, and project to be a part of on their epic initiative. I look forward to future engagements, and working with this client.
Cons
Contract End-Date
fast pace enviroment. no two days are the same. It is a decent place to work.
Technical Partner (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PANovember 3, 2015
management is very good at this company. Any questions or concerns you may have are answered in a timely manner. they work around your schedule if you are in school. My coworkers are a joy to be around; although some times they can gossip a bit too much.
treat employees unfairly
Emergency Room Registrar (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAOctober 23, 2015
They do not treat the patients better then they do to their employees. They go with what the patients says and do not ask their employees there side if anything happens. Usually nothing happens, but the patients will tell them something.
Work as a Team
Cognitive Behavior Therapist (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PASeptember 9, 2015
It was a wonderful place to work at the out patient mental health clinic. The staff worked as a team. If one therapist was experiencing an issue with a client, the entire team brain stormed to find a solution.
Productive and fast paced work environment
Emergency Room Nurse (Current Employee) –  Hazleton, PASeptember 8, 2015
Fast paced work environment with multitude of clinical experiences.
Room for advancement, education.
Close knit teamwork
Pros
Exciting experiences
Cons
No breaks
OK as a bridge to other careers in the health care industry. Not the end of the rainbow by any means.
Administrative Partner (Current Employee) –  Cedar CrestSeptember 5, 2015
Jobs are pretty much limited to those with professional licenses (MD, DO, RN, etc.). Any other kind of position (i.e. clerical, etc.) very limited.
Pros
Nice people to work with
Cons
Benefits are limited
Acute and Sub Acute Care
Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PASeptember 3, 2015
Loved the variety of patients in acute care. Rotations through all disciplines w/ICU associated with each rotation. Great place to learn skills, and fantastic interdisciplinary cooperation.
Limited modalities.
Great vacation and sick time packages.
Only left because my mom was ill anad I needed weekends off to help out.
Large hospital with great reputation.
Pros
Variety of patients
Cons
Pay was low
A Very Progressive Company to Work For
Administrative Partner (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAAugust 27, 2015
Excellent career opportunities, a great company to work for which they offer promotions, have excellent benefits, and serve as a great reputation to the community.
Pros
1 hour lunch break at your own discretion, great employees
Cons
Health care
Insurance Referral Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAAugust 23, 2015
Very fun place to work. Everyone got involved and helped each other with each job position. Office was rather small for the amount of employees and patients.
Pros
Fun
Cons
Poor management
A great place to work with room to grow.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Allentown and MuhlenburgAugust 20, 2015
Lehigh Valley Hospital is a great place to work. They offer many different types of training as well as a variety of floors to use them on.
Awesome Health Network
Epic Inpatient Trainer Phase II (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAAugust 8, 2015
Enjoy working with LVHN to deliver a quality healthcare experience to the patients. A wonderful organization to work for.
productive and engaging work place
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAJuly 8, 2015
I am currently a staff nurse on a 30 bed unit specializing in open heart surgery, lung surgery, and vascular surgery, with 24 hour telemetry monitoring. I have been on the same floor for the past 9 years, learning how to be a great nurse through experience, more importantly, hands on, bedside learning. I have been in the role of staff nurse, charge nurse, educator, and preceptor. I take on each role happily and dutifully, and fulfill it to the best of my abilities. I work 12 hour day shifts from 7a-7p, so the hardest part of the job to me, is caring for these patients 12 hours a day, as they can be very critical. It requires a lot of critical thinking and independent thinking. The best part of my job is educating my patients in order to prevent further health complications, and knowing that what I do truly makes a difference.
is a wander full place to work great management and co- workers
Technical Partner (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAJuly 8, 2015
I learn to draw blood, EKG, vital and patient care . co-workers they was wander full . typical day always busy and every body work together . I enjoys everything I is wander full place to work.
Work review
Consultant- Instructional Design & Training (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAJune 30, 2015
Relatively OK to work as a consultant. Worked here for about 9 months in the capacity of a consultant.
Would recommend it to another consulta
great company to work for
Critical Care RN (Current Employee) –  Cedar Crest &I 78June 29, 2015
great company, great management. On a daily basis, the hospital has lots of requirements for the employees, such as E learning, keeping up with the latest changes in medical and nursing field. . ,
Great atmosphere
Exercise Physiologist (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAJune 24, 2015
Great people to work with and very patient oriented. Fun and challenging all at one place keeps it interesting to work. The hardest part of this job is simply staying updating and continuing to learn.
Benefits
Cons
Strange hours
They pretty much sucked when I worked there
RN (Former Employee) –  BethlehemJune 9, 2015
They were not a healthy work environment and made many people cry and quit. Some people I worked with were wonderful and I still miss them. Don't know if I would go back.
Great Learning Environment
Athletic Trainer (Current Employee) –  Lehigh Valley AreaJune 9, 2015
Although this is a per diem position it has given me the confidence to start my career and gain the experience I need. Great co-workers to support your needs