Lehigh Valley Health Network

Lehigh Valley Health Network Employer Reviews

focused on business needs
Supervisory (Former Employee), Allentown, PAOctober 6, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: support
As a daily function I was responsible for assuring team members applied patient and insurance payments to appropriate accounts. Along with this responsibility I was responsible in review of electronic files received from insurance carriers, ERA and 835 files. I worked closely with other revenue cycle teams in order to assure payments were applied accurately – more... to patient accounts and worked towards resolving problems which may have occurred. I have been fortunate in learning many aspects of medical billing, attaining fiscal goals and as well Supervisory skills in order to successfully manage employees and responsibilities of the department. Recently there has been a change in management and as well changes in staffing. The teams within the revenue cycle have worked well together with our focus primarily in meeting revenue cycle goals to increase revenue while managing budgets, meeting federal guidelines, compliancy and productivity goals in order to sustain business. I have found that meeting our end of month goals in accounting for this revenue has been challenging and with positive reinforcement and policy and procedures that we have been able to successfully meet our goals. Attaining our departmental goals has been very rewarding. – less
caring for patients in the hospital
Technical Partner (Former Employee), Lehigh ValleySeptember 25, 2014
this was a good place to work. co-workers were nice and we had some fun too.
Wonderful co-workers
Psychiatric Case Manager (Current Employee), Bethlehem, PASeptember 25, 2014
Loved the experience that I received. Co-workers are very supportive.
learned phlebotomy, and mental dxs
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee), Bethlehem, PASeptember 13, 2014
Pros: flexible hours and days
Cons: dangerous situations at times
job was very stressful at times working with many diagnosis of patients. working with many varied personalities of families.
LVHNN was a very valuable lesson in appreciation of good life skills
Coordinator/Dispatcher (Former Employee), Allentown, PASeptember 11, 2014
Pros: every day is differnt
Cons: i worked full time and am now looking for part time work
Working with patients/ customers is a very rewarding feeling. Working with and helping others as a team or alone is a joy.Talking with, laughing,crying ( in special cases ) but most of all being a good listener is what customer service is all about.
AWESOME
Support Center Analyst (Current Employee), Allentown, PASeptember 10, 2014
The kindness from coworkers is top notch. I have learned a ton of information.
Very much a people focused environment.
Billing Representative (Former Employee), Allentown, PASeptember 9, 2014
Pros: many activities, fitness centers, rewards for work well doine
Cons: can not think of any
A typical day was to accomplish as much as possible to get the claims paid in a timely manner.
I learned about hospitals billing as compared to provider billing.
The management is excellent and very caring as I saw it.
My co-workers were pleasant and helpful people.
The hardest part was trying to transition from provider based billing to hospital based.
I – more... enjoyed the people I came in contact with on a daily basis. – less
Professional Development
Senior Accountant (Former Employee), Bethlehem, PAAugust 27, 2014
Pros: fantastic supervisor, great work environment, mission & vision
Cons: structure/functions compartmentalized
The health industry is a very rewarding industry. I was afforded development outside of circle of responsibility due to completing assignments ahead of schedule, willingness and ability to take on many roles and functions with minimal direction. The environment was professional yet there was camaraderie amongst all staff which was around 21 in the accounting – more... department alone. – less
Great team Bad management
Certified Nursing Assistant & Technical Partner (Former Employee), Allentown, PAAugust 26, 2014
Pros: pay, benifits
Cons: frequently floated, poor social skills of management.
Loved my coworkers, hated the choices of management. Loved how much I was able to learn there. more nurses were above answering call lights then those who felt it was their job as well. Had fun while it lasted. Benefits were amazing!
Professional medical/surgical unit
Technical Partner (Current Employee), Allentown, PAAugust 18, 2014
Pros: very good benefits
Cons: often times are short staffed
A typical day at work involves taking care of 10 patients overall needs involving: phlebotomy, specimen collecting, vital signs, catheter care, blood glucose monitoring, wound care, bathing/toileting, physical therapy, and EKGs. I have learned how to present myself in a professional manner, multi-task, and work as a team player. Lehigh Valley Hospital – more... is managed very well, and there are always new changes which are implemented well by our management staff. My co-workers all work very well together. We have developed a team approach and depend on each other to accomplish our tasks as a unit. The hardest part of my job is when we are short staffed. It is a little more difficult to accomplish the tasks that need to be done in a timely manner. The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing that I am helping people during some of their toughest times. If I am smiling and friendly it helps the patients stay positive and smile. – less
Horrible work environment
Financial Planning Analyst (Former Employee), Allentown, PAAugust 11, 2014
one of those places where 10 hour days are the minimum expected and bringing work home regularly is an assumed duty. All professionals work in tiny cubes in large opened area. Absolute silence is expected, etc. Just horrible.
Medical Student Coordinator
SELECT Medical Student Coordinator (Current Employee), Allentown, PAJuly 25, 2014
I enjoy working with the students and leadership team. I enjoy help others and making a difference.
Cna/TP (Former Employee), Allentown, PAJuly 15, 2014
Pros: hands on
Cons: not enough pay
Working for lvh you gain alot of experince, hands on work. great benifits
duties @ work
Linen Transporter (Former Employee), Allentown, PAJune 25, 2014
customer service and daily duties, customer service and daily duties
Professionals working together to provide excellent care...
Registered Nurse in Multi-site Float Pool (Current Employee), Bethlehem, PAJune 21, 2014
Pros: magnet designated
Cons: changing healthcare environment
Rated one of the best places to work in PA for many years in a row as well as highly rated for services provided by US news and Leapfrog. Nurses are well trained and professional, Physicians work well with nurses - CRITICAL in providing excellent care. Many compassionate employees who go above and beyond both for patients and colleagues.
Great place to work, only left because of my shift.
Scrub/Circulator RN (Former Employee), Allentown, PAJune 16, 2014
I loved LHV, but had to leave at the time because my son was playing sports and my shift meant I would miss his games.
Careful who you work for!
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Allentown, PAJune 9, 2014
I loved working here but my nurse manager was immature and vengeful. Loved my co-workers. High turnover of staff which is never a good sign.
Associate Systems Analyst - IT Security (Current Employee), Allentown, PAMay 27, 2014
Would recommend working here. Good people, good benefits, good money.
Awesome place to work!
Registered Nurse - Labor and Delivery (Current Employee), Allentown, PAMay 20, 2014
I like working on the Labor and Delivery unit at Lehigh Valley Health Network. It is a great group of people who work together as a team. We learn something new everyday, and are always challenged at work.
very busy
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), allentown,paMay 19, 2014
Always busy, the day goes fast.Learned a lot from this job. Short breaks were the hardest.

1 2 3 4 5