Lehigh Valley Health Network

Lehigh Valley Health Network Employer Reviews

Professionals working together to provide excellent care...
Registered Nurse in Multi-site Float Pool (Current Employee), Bethlehem, PAJune 21, 2014
Pros: magnet designated
Cons: changing healthcare environment
Rated one of the best places to work in PA for many years in a row as well as highly rated for services provided by US news and Leapfrog. Nurses are well trained and professional, Physicians work well with nurses - CRITICAL in providing excellent care. Many compassionate employees who go above and beyond both for patients and colleagues.
Great place to work, only left because of my shift.
Scrub/Circulator RN (Former Employee), Allentown, PAJune 16, 2014
I loved LHV, but had to leave at the time because my son was playing sports and my shift meant I would miss his games.
Careful who you work for!
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Allentown, PAJune 9, 2014
I loved working here but my nurse manager was immature and vengeful. Loved my co-workers. High turnover of staff which is never a good sign.
Associate Systems Analyst - IT Security (Current Employee), Allentown, PAMay 27, 2014
Would recommend working here. Good people, good benefits, good money.
Awesome place to work!
Registered Nurse - Labor and Delivery (Current Employee), Allentown, PAMay 20, 2014
I like working on the Labor and Delivery unit at Lehigh Valley Health Network. It is a great group of people who work together as a team. We learn something new everyday, and are always challenged at work.
very busy
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), allentown,paMay 19, 2014
Always busy, the day goes fast.Learned a lot from this job. Short breaks were the hardest.
A good structure and positive team environment
RN Critical Care, PACU, interviewer/recruitment (Current Employee), Lehigh Valley PennsylvanniaMay 4, 2014
Pros: tuition reimbursements, pto
Cons: some 8 hours shifts, 30 min breaks
transformational leadership structure, team work, patient centered, good benefits, education and growth opportunities.
A great work experience
Intern (Former Employee), Allentown, PAMay 4, 2014
Working for the Lehigh Valley Health Netowk was a great experience. It was the first time I worked in an area that was relevant to my career path. I designed workout routines for people based on their goals and medical history. I had the opportunity to shadow multiple areas in the health field including physical therapy and cardiac rehab. In the future – more... it is my dream to work for this hospital. – less
Very busy right now
Senior Systems Analyst/Programmer (Current Employee), Allentown, PAApril 29, 2014
There's a lot going on leading up to go-live. I'm part of two integrated areas: data migration and the user security workgroup...plus I'm responsible for specialty build.
Patient Technical Partner (Former Employee), Allentown, PAApril 29, 2014
Pros: learning something new, working in a new facility, not having to lift patients
Cons: fast paced if your not use to it, commuting, patient satisfaction very big
Working for LVH was a great experience. I wasn't there very long due to life issues. Given that I was coming from a retail background and changing course it gave me the chance to see if I wanted to go ing the medical field. It can be a bit challenging at times if your not from a medical background bit they do try to work with you. It also helped that – more... I had a great group of people both training with me and helping me along the way. I feel that makes a huge impact to.

The hardest part I feel was the having to learn so much in a short amount of time. Again I had never done anything in medical so it took some getting use to and was frustrating but I had a lot of encouragement from my team. I did have a few individuals who I just didn't vibe right with. I guess that happens at all jobs. Overall a had a good experience. – less
Very Relaxed Environment
Part-time Administrative Clerk (Former Employee), Allentown, PAApril 11, 2014
Wonderful people to work for.
Supervisors were always there to help you.
Educational and productive student externship experience.
Student Externship (Former Employee), Allentown, PAApril 5, 2014
A typical day at this setting included determining which patients were a priority to see and determining what type of evaluation (swallowing, speech/language, cognitive) they needed. I was independent during these evaluations and treatments. I determined severity ratings of disorders, future goals, and appropriate/safe diets for the patients.
Loved this Job
Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee), Allentown, PAApril 4, 2014
Pros: education always, variety of patients
Patient list per rotation each morning, and freedom to arrange your movement throughout rotation. I enjoyed the mix of therapy provided with changing rotations every 3-4 months, which also kept skills sharp.
Great interdisciplinary communication.
Lunchtime meeting daily to assess census, and re-assign therapists to other rotations of needed.
Monthly – more... education in staff meetings.

Hardest part.. when patients passed away.

Best part: variety in rotations, community atmosphere in the hospital facilitating interdisciplinary approach, and great people to work with.

Excellent benefits. – less
great place to work!
Patient Care Specialist, 6T (Current Employee), Bethlehem, PAApril 2, 2014
Great opportunities for growth for RNs and RNs are a valued member of the collaborative team
Populytics
Benefit Analyst (Medical Claims Examiner) (Former Employee), Allentown, PAMarch 29, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: salary
I am bored with the job. Doing the same thing all day. I want to multitask.
Decent place to work.
Technical Partner (Former Employee), Allentown, PAMarch 18, 2014
Truly enjoyed my co-workers. Very dependable and skilled and more than willing to help out in a crisis. In general, the people I worked with made my time there enjoyable.
Enjoyed my job
Scheduling Coordinator (Former Employee), Allentown PAMarch 14, 2014
Pros: helping patients
Multi tasking on a daily basis.
Some challenging and not so friendly doctors.
Working with patients.
Exciting and fun environment with a laid back style of work
Grants Writing Intern (Former Employee), Allentown, PAMarch 10, 2014
During my time at the Lehigh Valley Network, I conducted a good majority of researching tasks in order to find supportive info and data to compliment our grant proposals. I learned how to write, format, and distribute grants proposals and all the necessary components that go into researching and developing a grants proposal. The most enjoyable part – more... of my job while interning here was the fact that I was able to freely go about my work at whatever pace I decided. – less
Horrible and stressful place to work
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Allentown, PAMarch 2, 2014
I found this work place to not be enjoyable due to the lack of management skills, professionalism and no support from human resources when it comes to dealing with problems that need to be taking care of.
Beware! Do not work here unless you like being bullied!
Previous nurse employee so happy to be out of LVH! (Former Employee), Allentown, PAFebruary 20, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: unprofessional, unethical, bullying work enviroment
The culture at LVH is like being back in high school. Many of my colleagues, and both my immediate supervisor and director of nursing, were lying, untrustworthy backstabbers. The only staff who kept their jobs were the kiss-ups to those bosses. The rest were targeted and bullied out by the kiss-ups and bosses, or just got sick of playing high school – more... and left. Several of us were written up for things we did not do and even had witnesses that we didn't do them...then were ultimately bullied and/or fired out of there in spite of excellent yearly evaluations. Your job here is NOT secure! It's really a shame because we had many fantastic doctors. But the bosses are incredibly immature and unprofessional, and will bully you out or fire you if they don't like you and you don't belong to the kiss-up club. Don't work here...there are many other great hospitals and companies to work for that will not mistreat you like LVH will. They are currently firing many great and experienced nurses due to budget cuts...only to replace them with less expensive, less experienced staff. That's why you are seeing jobs posted. – less

1 2 3 4