Lehigh Valley Health Network Employee Reviews in United States

Not bad for a starter job but not a career
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAJanuary 11, 2016
LVHN is a decent place to work for. They job can be easier some days than others. But there are many things that we do that do not pertain to our position. Extra work is always added on which normally would not be a big deal but they expect the world from us with our limited staffing. All in all its not a bad place to work but it is not a career type job.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
pay scale is horrible. Not enough pay for the amount of work and type of work.
Great place to work and further your education.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAMarch 20, 2016
I started as a file room clerk, then i was a receptionist, then I moved up to Case manager, then to medical assistant. I did different jobs where I learned to work with different cultures and different personality. I would recommend LVH to any one,
Pros
Advancmdnt
Cons
hard to get back in
Great place to start off your job searching path.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAMarch 11, 2016
Everyday is a different day. You can have a good day on tuesday and wednesday can be overwhelming. For the management and job duties of (sedexo) they seem to have not found there tunnel vision yet,but give it time and they may find it. Hardest part of this job was the co-workers/management do not have the verbal communication to keep order.
Pros
Fast paced within a great work place.
Cons
Sedexo/co-company.
The stress isn't worth any amount of salary
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Hazleton, PAJune 25, 2016
They takeover with lavish incentives and promises but don't hold true to them in the end. I consider LVH to be a very large and an ever growing monopoly in Pa. Rules, rules, and more rules that are easily twisted by higher ups. Boss tells you one way to do a certain task, you do it as you were told, and expect to be reprimanded within a day or two by either the same person or someone else for "not following the rules." Kind of like being set up to fail no matter what. You are their number, you are not a person. You are easily replaceable and your replacement is started at a lower pay then you. Which I believe is LVH game plan from the moment of takeover.
Pros
Pay, benefits
Cons
Disorganized management, no communication, rules constantly changing
Lvhn
Education Specialist (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAMay 30, 2016
Overall it's not a bad place to work. However, there are some issues that have lead to down sizing twice in that last 3-4 years. The specific department where I work can be challenging but there are a lot of great people I work with. If I had a super power to see into the future I would not have come to work here. I was willing to take a pay cut to be closer to home but I also thought professionally I had made the right choice. Personally it was the right choice to be closer to home and have more time for family, professionally it has turned out to be a big disappointment. For nurses it's a good place to get started in your career they provide great orientation programs for new nurses.
Pros
Great orientation programs for novice nurses, good benefits
Cons
Some departments poorly run
Company does not care about employees. You are just a number to management. The actual floor staff, are hard working compassionate people.
Tech partner (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAJune 7, 2016
I worked for this company for 23 years. I was at the top of my pay scale and grandfathered into an old retirement plan. I was terminated while out on FMLA for my daughter who was self harming. I could not come to work and leave my daughter home, and be worried sick about her well being. After giving them half of my life, they kicked me when I was down.
The floor nurses and ancillary staff are amazing. I loved my job. I just truly believe they have gotten too big and do not truly care for their employees anymore. I have heard of many many people with high seniority being pushed out. Very sad.
Pros
Decent benefits
Cons
Poor management
efficient and safe workplace
Tech partner (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAJune 9, 2016
As a tech partner i would start my shift off by doing vitals on all 10 patients assigned to me. I would then empty any drains or help patients to the bathroom. Throughout my shift i would bathe any patient that has not been bathed earlier that day. I would also draw blood whenever the order is given. For diabetic patients i would use the accucheck machine to check their blood sugar level. While i perform all of these tasks i would document everything in epic. Whenever a nurse gave an order or asked for help i would help them, from feeding patients, boosting them, or re-positioning them i would follow every order.
Pros
positive workplace.
Cons
healthcare, short staffed
The worst ever
Employee (Former Employee) –  Hazleton, PAJune 24, 2016
Stay away from Hazleton lvhn---hiring practices r skeletal. They work understaffed for months. Mgmt has 20/20 vision in hindsight.
Mgmt always seem surprized during the most routine situations. The level of animosity between dept are legendary. Glaring glitches of safety, general policy, pt comfort, professionalism are blatantly ignored. When it is seen again and again and again- it's shameful when a matter is discussed and ignored in the face of common sense...worst position I ever held... With the exception of the nursing staff - who I found very professional and caring
Pros
Staff
Authorization Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PADecember 2, 2015
Lehigh valley hospital, it has been a pleasure working here, with great management, great co-workers. The enviroment is very positive, and proactive with there employees, we get recognize for our great work, and productivity. Bosses are very supportive, and willing to help you improve in any area of your work. They are willing to give you opportunities to move forward to other job positions within the workplace. Willing to help improve on performances, give workers opportunities to grow within.
Cons
Challenging healthcare environment which is constantly changing and progressing as a major force in the community.
Clinical Manager (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAMay 1, 2016
LVHN has grown at a tremendously fast pace over the past 9 years of my employment. The culture is progressive and engaged. Leadership is continuously improving ways to benefit the team of healthcare providers to remain motivated and challenged by the evolution of healthcare in our nation.

I'm proud to be a part of this network and credit the leadership of our clinical and administrative team with promoting a positive vision during these trying times.
Great Intern Opportunity
IT Intern at Lehigh Valley Hospital (Former Employee) –  North Hampton, NHApril 24, 2016
My experience at Lehigh Valley Hospital was fantastic! I was able to experience many aspects of an IT career while learning new skills. Additionally, I was able to shadow people from many different careers within the IT profession giving me opportunities to see what may appeal to me in the future. I enjoyed my time there while realizing IT is the right career path to follow.
Fun Place to Work
Therapeutic Recreation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAFebruary 18, 2016
The most enjoyable part of my job is working with the patients. My day starts at 730 am and ends at 4pm. I start with a morning treatment team meeting with most disciplines. I run an average of 4 programming groups a day. Each group will last roughly 45mins to 1 hour. In between groups I document in our EMR system called EPIC.
Pros
I love working with my co-workers who I have had the pleasure of working with for the last 13 years.
Cons
Lack of communication at times, insurance companies, overmedicating patients at times.
A Very Progressive Company to Work For
Administrative Partner (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAAugust 27, 2015
Excellent career opportunities, a great company to work for which they offer promotions, have excellent benefits, and serve as a great reputation to the community.
Pros
1 hour lunch break at your own discretion, great employees
Cons
Health care
Great place to work with great co-workers
ED Registrar (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAMarch 16, 2016
Working in the hospital emergency room there was never a dull moment. But the best part was being able to work and have the support of other employees when you were having trouble.
Pros
Overtime always available.
Cons
If you were late you were given the same amount of points as calling out even though you arrived.
Not managed very well
Benefits Analyst (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAMay 7, 2016
Skills and abilities are not respected by management high turnaround because of the lack of respect and the obvious favoritism that constantly being administered through out the office. Constantly being told what you are doing wrong never praised about what you are doing right.
Billing insurance is not a bad job, low raises, poor management
Insurance biller (Former Employee) –  AllentownJune 9, 2015
Insurance billing job is decent. Health insurance and perks like the gym are good. However raises are low. Management plays favorites and displays questionable behavior. Expect to live there at the end of fiscal year.
Pros
Health inusrance, Perks
Great Experience
Lehigh Valley Physician Group OB/GYN (Former Employee) –  Hazleton, PAMay 2, 2016
worked with this company before the merger with lehigh valley for 5 years. great employees. Learned many valuable qualities about how to work in the medical field. Build great relationships with the all staff from different practices.
Excellent workplace, great staff, wonderful ogranization to deal with on a daily basis
Sr. Consultant (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PANovember 20, 2015
Excellent staff, culture, and project to be a part of on their epic initiative. I look forward to future engagements, and working with this client.
Cons
Contract End-Date
Medical Assistant/ HIV Prevention Specialist (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAJuly 1, 2016
This is a great place to work. I have no complaints. Insurance is good and I do not play lot. PTO and sick time is also good and I really do not have any complaints about this company
What I think
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Allentpwn, PAApril 22, 2016
Great place to work. Pay is sub-par. Benefits are so-so. The people are great. Big focus on profit vs. patient. You get the feeling the higher ups just don't get it, or maybe that's the situation our government has put them in.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Pay, benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lehigh Valley Health Network. Our community is ready to answer.

Lehigh Valley Health Network Reviews by Location