Lehigh Valley Health Network Employee Reviews

Intern
Supply Chain Research Scholar (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAMay 22, 2017
Surprised by how "behind the times" supply department was.
Internship coordinators struggled to find meaningful work.
Spent a lot of time unpacking boxes and trying to appear busy.
Pros
Friendly co-workers
Not the best place but an okay start
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  East Stroudsburg, PAMay 20, 2017
I am not a fan of the Valley. I've been working here for over a year now and the management is horrible. I work every weekend because the "lack of staffing" and if I don't, they won't give me hours, just the bare minimum which by the way is 32 hours full time. Not a fan but I have to pay the bills so I just accept it for now.
Pros
Good starter
Cons
Independent work in a very knowledgable environment for students and young professionals
Research Scholar Intern (Former Employee) –  Lehigh Valley, PAMay 19, 2017
I learned how to read charts and interact with patients in a empathetic and compassionate manner. I also learned much about the many different aspect of the healthcare field.
Decent place to work
EPIC Consultant (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAMay 17, 2017
Decent place to start your career, very hard to move up in the company, and you are stagnant. Good people and atmosphere, upper management is very helpful and understanding but not when it comes to promotions.
Amazing place to work and would go back any time there is a need
Consulting Epic Security Analyst/Caché Developer (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAMay 15, 2017
This place is amazing to work at. The analysts are amazing and the work ethic matches. Everyone on the security team as well as other application teams are a dream to work with and I would recommend anyone to work here if possible.
Technical partner
Technical partner (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAMay 15, 2017
Hospital setting was amazing love working at different departments with in the hospital. Such an amazing life experience learned about empathy and sympathy
Bad Management with good pay
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fogelsville, PAMay 10, 2017
what I enjoyed the most was being back in a family medicine position. I love working with patients and being able to make them better with information that I knew. The dislike was working with the managers. They poorly trained and wasn't satisfied with my work that I did, even though I tried my hardest everyday.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Manegement
Good place to work for.
Citrix Engineer (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAMay 2, 2017
Nice place to work for, various Citrix and VMware technologies. Several applications to learn and gain good skills from. The hospital has small IT team, but a great team.
no comment
Home Health Nurse (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAApril 26, 2017
Lehigh Valley Hospital allowed movement within the health system. To a fault they are inflexible in relation to hospital protocol. They pay for your years of experience and pay is not solely based on years of service.
Talking care of patients and meeting their basic needs
Technical Partner (Patient Care Technician) (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAApril 24, 2017
I worked night shift & even though it was not as stressful as the day shift, we did have our moments. I liked working in patient care and did learn a lot about hospital life. Everyday was interesting and there was always something new happening.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
A lot to do and sometimes not enough time to do it and I wanted to work day shift.
Always Smile
Schduling Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAApril 24, 2017
I always greet the patient with a smile you ever know what type of situation they are dealing with. Love serving the community in which I live in, always try to help all patients,
Pros
Always a learning experience
Cons
Sometimes there is not enought hours in one day to accomplish all task.
A great experiance
QA SME for various Epic Modules, Defect management (Former Employee) –  Lehigh Valley, PAApril 24, 2017
I would certainly return to this entity. I enjoyed the permanent employees as well as the other contractors they had. The location was a fun place to be. The management seemed to have a good perspective and positive direction.
Very good and productive place to work for!
Administrative Partner for 4KS and 5B (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAApril 16, 2017
Good work flow, management, and workplace culture. Lots of time available to take off to be with family. Very clean and beautiful and spacious hospital.
fun place to work
Phlebotomy Technician (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaApril 15, 2017
fun place to work can be stressful at times , but the employees work well as a team!. Despite being short staffed we work hard and get all work done!!
Not a good place to work and be happy
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAApril 7, 2017
Very large network and therefore are treated like a number and not a person. Human resources is horrible and upper management could care less about the nursing staff, they only care about money. Pay is horrible, new nurses start at a higher rate then nurses who've been there for 5 years.
Pros
Security, benefits
Cons
compensation, all 12 hour shifts, must work every other weekend/holiday, treat nursing staff horrible
Great atmosphere/ poor compensation
Exercise Physiologist (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAApril 6, 2017
The network is amazing to work for in relation to patients and coworkers. The staff and management do support the staff but are often overwhelmed. As for compensation, education is not valued as exercise physiologist with MS degrees are paid the same as those with BS degrees.
Entry level job management was lacking.
Patient Transporter (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAApril 5, 2017
Long hours of constant walking/pushing. Management is less than desirable. They hold certain people to different standards. Less than willing to work with you when in need. People working on the floors are fantastic though.
Pros
Other floor people
OK place to work for
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Pottsville, PAApril 4, 2017
Short Staffed, friendly atmosphere, ok management, fast paced at times, I learned that patient autonomy is most important, lots of OT offered, and its not a bad place to work for
Great experience however often overwhelming.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAApril 4, 2017
Great opportunity for experience in medical surgical nursing. Most of the teams are supportive and genuinely care about the patients. Management was mediocre. Pay was good with great benefits. There are plenty of opportunities for advancement. Overall culture is that you are treated as a number rather than an employee.
Excellent Work Enviorment
Patient Transporter (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAMarch 24, 2017
Management was beyond outstanding. There wasn't really anything difficult about the job. Transporting patients was very interesting and a great workout as well.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lehigh Valley Health Network. Our community is ready to answer.