Lehigh Valley Health Network

Lehigh Valley Health Network Employer Reviews

A wonderfully supportive community!
Technical Partner (Former Employee), Allentown, PAMarch 27, 2015
Pros: Great education provided, fantastic benefits, and lots of great people to work with.
Cons: All cons I found were a by-product of working in any hospital environment. Stress, deadlines, tension with co-workers, etc.
I worked with anywhere between 8-13 patients. I worked alongside doctors and nurses to provide essential care needs and procedures like: blood cultures, vital signs, I/O documenting, telemetry, etc.

The pay was great, the benefits were awesome, but more importantly I was attending school full-time. What I thought was going to be a very difficult time in my life turned out not being so bad at all, as LVHN worked with me to ensure my schedule never got in the way of my education. They also provided incentives for schooling, like reimbursement programs. I didn't really have regular co-workers, as I worked in the Float Pool, so I got to see new faces everyday.

All-in-all, it was a great place to work and I'm thankful for all the skills I acquired there!
diverse. growth and oppurtunities
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Allentown, PAMarch 19, 2015
very large network with a diverse background. so many resources for education and support. teamwork of nurses and CNAs is wonderful.
daily tasks
Data Processing Specialist (Current Employee), Allentown, PAMarch 18, 2015
I have been with Lehigh Valley Health Network now for 11 years. I currently am employed at LehighValley Physician's Practice, which is a PCP and Specialty practice. I started out working in medical records, which I did for 7 years, and now I currently work completing the daily encounter charges, reviewing them from work queues and entering them in the system. This is all done electronically in our new Epic system. I also do all the outgoing referrals for all our patients that need to see any type of specialists. This is either done through the Navinet system for all insurances except for Gateway. Gateway is done through the Diva phone system. I also do the daily deposits for all the copays for the office visits. I am a very detailed oriented, reliable, trusting, hard working employee.
very qualified staff members
Technical Partner (Former Employee), Allentown, PAMarch 15, 2015
Pros: great benifits
Cons: under staffed
The staff at Lehigh Valley are very knowledgeable and qualified. I felt honored to work next to such caring and compassionate professionals. I hope LVHN continues to grow to great lengths.
Everyone was very focused
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Muhlenburge PaMarch 14, 2015
Pros: very good environment
Cons: only part time
This was a very focused group of people. Everyone worked together to achieve the same goal. which to make sure we had the patients safety and care first and formost.
Lehigh Valley
Epic Consultant/Trainer (Current Employee), Allentown, PAFebruary 24, 2015
Good healthcare system, providing services to the Lehigh Valley, which includes Allentown and Bethlehem. Downtown Allentown is currently in revival and is a great place to work.
terrible
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Allentown, PAFebruary 16, 2015
Practiced as Level IV RN and charge RN on a fourteen bed Surgical Trauma ICU. Patient population included patients with traumatic injuries, patients with multi-system organ dysfunction, liver transplant patients and various general surgical populations.
boxed in
Medical Assistant/ Medical Interpreter (Former Employee), Allentown, PAJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: safe within your comfort zone
Cons: no new challenges
If you like being at the same place for a long time with no new challenges then this is the place for you.
Overall a great place to work
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee), Bethlehem, PAJanuary 12, 2015
I love my occupation, I love working with patients. This facility was based off of teamwork in all areas. People were fun to work with and management did there best to provide for our needs.
Decent company
Patient Acct. Representative (Former Employee), Allentown, PAJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: work/life balance, friendly environment
Cons: disorganized procedures
Training could have been a lot better. Systems were somewhat disorganized but that is being fixed with the going live of a unified program thats going to replace 4 other programs come summer 2015. Health benefits were fantastic, pay was reasonable. Colleagues were friendly and helpful which was a major boon as the training was lacking.
Helping the patients was very rewarding.
Certified Nursing Assistant/Tech Partner (Former Employee), Allentown, PAJanuary 2, 2015
Pros: doing what i loved as a patient care/phlebotomist.
A typical work day was calm yet busy. Management was fantastic and the co-workers were great. The hardest part for me was adjusting to the late hours and still having to do my errands but I enjoyed being able to draw blood and assist patient with their needs and daily living.
security
security (Former Employee), All sitesDecember 21, 2014
Pros: get to help people in need
Cons: see a lot of deaths and family sorrow
They get an abundance of great service for dirt cheap, they favor relatives and friends for higher starting wages from $1.00 to $4.00 per hour more, rather than education and experience. They give the max sanction for diciplinary actions instead of verbal or written warning. They discipline people for thier disabllities at the same time saying they are here to help you. Very double stanard. They make it fearful totake your sick time then they take your earned sick time back.
Enjoy working around children
Certified Nursing Assistant/Tech Partner (Former Employee), Allentown, PADecember 18, 2014
Pros: being able to work with children
Cons: the stress that it can sometimes bring when dealing with certain parents
My day at work was always pleasant and the staff were great. I enjoyed being involved one on one with the children and parents. It was a different experience everyday with every personality the children had. The most enjoyable part of the day is being able to be a part of the developmental growth of each child.
Diverse patient population and many experienced clinicians.
Full Time Student Physical (Former Employee), Bethlehem, PANovember 18, 2014
This was a challenging work environment due to the complex patient population. Clinicians in this clinic are very knowledge and are willing to work together to find the best plan of care for each patient. The entire staff work well together as a team which promotes positive outcomes for patients.
great place to work if your in the medical profession
Cardiology Technichian (Current Employee), Bethlehem, PANovember 16, 2014
good place to work, enjoyable and friendly, great co workers. state of the art equipment and practices
Family Friendly
Medicare Team Leader (Current Employee), Allentown, PANovember 11, 2014
Great company to work for. The department I am in is very understanding with family commitments, so children aren't an issue.
Fast pace and one your toes job
CNA/Technical Partner (Current Employee), Allentown, PANovember 11, 2014
Pros: great staff, good teamwork
Cons: no breaks and always short staffed
I work on a Neurscience floor so we deal with a large amount of patients with back surgery, brain surgery, stroke patients, patients with dementia and confusion.
great hospital
Technical Partner (Former Employee), allentown, PaOctober 24, 2014
Pros: close
Cons: shift work
worked with ortho patients from surgery, helped get them back on their feet, bathing, or showering. (normal daily activities ). took blood work, blood pressures, & bladder ultra sounds. meet alot of great people there.
fun excite and hardworking
Supervisor of Food Services (Former Employee), Allentown, PAOctober 21, 2014
food service. love working around the patientI liked the fast paced work day. Taking care of patients was the best part. I made very close friends with my co workers. very excited there and everyone was nice and friendly.
Fulfilling work in sensative situations
Technical Partner, CNA (Former Employee), Allentown, PAOctober 7, 2014