Lehigh Valley Health Network

Lehigh Valley Health Network Employee Reviews

Financial Analyst Intern (Former Employee), Hazleton, PAMay 12, 2015
Employees are friendly and management is good.
The technology they use on a day-to-day basis is slow and slows down your productivity.
Good place to work at
Perioperative Technical Assistant (Current Employee), Allentown, PAMay 5, 2015
Pros: Co-workers
Cons: Sometimes the hours
I work with a good group of people. We work together and help each other. Some of our days can get very busy and stressful. But, we can still laugh , have a good time and get through the day.

The management is very helpful. Jumps in and helps. Great at problem solving.

Most enjoyable is when we all bring something in for birthdays or just for the fun. Thats when we all have a great time.
Student
Student (Former Employee), Allentown, PAApril 28, 2015
I was very pleased with my experience at Lehigh Valley Hospital - Cedar Crest. The radiological technologists were helpful and I learned from them.
Private Golf Club
Front Desk Coordinator (Current Employee), Allentown, PAApril 22, 2015
Private gold club that went out of business a few years ago. Not very good management and was not steady hours. No benefits and no organization within the company.
Great Job
Technical Partner (Former Employee), Allentown, PAApril 21, 2015
Pros: Employee where asked for their Opinons.
Cons: That I had to go on Maternity leave
I loved working at LVHN it was the best Health care experience I have ever had. This was a Company that was there for both their Employee's and their patient. I learned a lot from a lot of Educated Doctor's and Nurses.
Always busy, ever changing workplace
Technical Partner (Current Employee), Allentown, PAApril 10, 2015
Management is wonderful and very supportive of staff. Co-workers are positive and helpful. All in all, a teamwork attitude makes the day go as fast as possible.
Good hospital
Technical Partner (Former Employee), Allentown, PAApril 10, 2015
Great learning experience here. There is a large group of healthcar workers working together for the patients optimal care.
Great benefits and job security
Perioperative Technical Assistant, Operating Room (Former Employee), Bethlehem, PAMarch 30, 2015
Fast-paced atmosphere
Supportive management
Many resources available
Peer committees in every department
Amazing benefits
A wonderfully supportive community!
Technical Partner (Former Employee), Allentown, PAMarch 27, 2015
Pros: Great education provided, fantastic benefits, and lots of great people to work with.
Cons: All cons I found were a by-product of working in any hospital environment. Stress, deadlines, tension with co-workers, etc.
I worked with anywhere between 8-13 patients. I worked alongside doctors and nurses to provide essential care needs and procedures like: blood cultures, vital signs, I/O documenting, telemetry, etc.

The pay was great, the benefits were awesome, but more importantly I was attending school full-time. What I thought was going to be a very difficult time in my life turned out not being so bad at all, as LVHN worked with me to ensure my schedule never got in the way of my education. They also provided incentives for schooling, like reimbursement programs. I didn't really have regular co-workers, as I worked in the Float Pool, so I got to see new faces everyday.

All-in-all, it was a great place to work and I'm thankful for all the skills I acquired there!
diverse. growth and oppurtunities
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Allentown, PAMarch 19, 2015
very large network with a diverse background. so many resources for education and support. teamwork of nurses and CNAs is wonderful.
daily tasks
Data Processing Specialist (Current Employee), Allentown, PAMarch 18, 2015
I have been with Lehigh Valley Health Network now for 11 years. I currently am employed at LehighValley Physician's Practice, which is a PCP and Specialty practice. I started out working in medical records, which I did for 7 years, and now I currently work completing the daily encounter charges, reviewing them from work queues and entering them in the system. This is all done electronically in our new Epic system. I also do all the outgoing referrals for all our patients that need to see any type of specialists. This is either done through the Navinet system for all insurances except for Gateway. Gateway is done through the Diva phone system. I also do the daily deposits for all the copays for the office visits. I am a very detailed oriented, reliable, trusting, hard working employee.
very qualified staff members
Technical Partner (Former Employee), Allentown, PAMarch 15, 2015
Pros: great benifits
Cons: under staffed
The staff at Lehigh Valley are very knowledgeable and qualified. I felt honored to work next to such caring and compassionate professionals. I hope LVHN continues to grow to great lengths.
Everyone was very focused
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Muhlenburge PaMarch 14, 2015
Pros: very good environment
Cons: only part time
This was a very focused group of people. Everyone worked together to achieve the same goal. which to make sure we had the patients safety and care first and formost.
Lehigh Valley
Epic Consultant/Trainer (Current Employee), Allentown, PAFebruary 24, 2015
Good healthcare system, providing services to the Lehigh Valley, which includes Allentown and Bethlehem. Downtown Allentown is currently in revival and is a great place to work.
terrible
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Allentown, PAFebruary 16, 2015
Practiced as Level IV RN and charge RN on a fourteen bed Surgical Trauma ICU. Patient population included patients with traumatic injuries, patients with multi-system organ dysfunction, liver transplant patients and various general surgical populations.
boxed in
Medical Assistant/ Medical Interpreter (Former Employee), Allentown, PAJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: safe within your comfort zone
Cons: no new challenges
If you like being at the same place for a long time with no new challenges then this is the place for you.
Overall a great place to work
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee), Bethlehem, PAJanuary 12, 2015
I love my occupation, I love working with patients. This facility was based off of teamwork in all areas. People were fun to work with and management did there best to provide for our needs.
Decent company
Patient Acct. Representative (Former Employee), Allentown, PAJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: work/life balance, friendly environment
Cons: disorganized procedures
Training could have been a lot better. Systems were somewhat disorganized but that is being fixed with the going live of a unified program thats going to replace 4 other programs come summer 2015. Health benefits were fantastic, pay was reasonable. Colleagues were friendly and helpful which was a major boon as the training was lacking.
Helping the patients was very rewarding.
Certified Nursing Assistant/Tech Partner (Former Employee), Allentown, PAJanuary 2, 2015
Pros: doing what i loved as a patient care/phlebotomist.
A typical work day was calm yet busy. Management was fantastic and the co-workers were great. The hardest part for me was adjusting to the late hours and still having to do my errands but I enjoyed being able to draw blood and assist patient with their needs and daily living.
security
security (Former Employee), All sitesDecember 21, 2014
Pros: get to help people in need
Cons: see a lot of deaths and family sorrow
They get an abundance of great service for dirt cheap, they favor relatives and friends for higher starting wages from $1.00 to $4.00 per hour more, rather than education and experience. They give the max sanction for diciplinary actions instead of verbal or written warning. They discipline people for thier disabllities at the same time saying they are here to help you. Very double stanard. They make it fearful totake your sick time then they take your earned sick time back.

1 2 3 4 5

Registered Nurse
$28.00 per hour
$55,000 per year

Lehigh Valley Health Network Photos

LVHN Colleagues receiving free flu shots
LVHN Colleague