Lehman Brothers Employee Reviews

Great experience working for major Investment Bank
Floor Member (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 12, 2017
Grateful for working at one of the great Investment Banks. Proud of the relationships developed at Lehman and the deep knowledge of the business. Taught responsibility and respect to all workers.
Pros
Challenged and supported daily
Fast Pace and Stressful but paid well
Derivatives Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 7, 2017
60 hour weeks were normal. Work was fast pace, time sensitive and stressful. You are exposed to a lot in investment banking and management is willing to mentor. The culture is work hard and dedicate yourself to the job.
Great Job
Records Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 1, 2017
The staff was very helpful in teaching me how to use the various software, improve my MS Office skills and readily answered my questions.

The company is downsizing in preparation for closing.
Great place for an amibitious young person
Backoffice (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJOctober 15, 2017
Great culture. If you worked hard, you advanced. There was a path from back office to front office here for the top performers. You were surrounded by really smart, talented people with a good attitude. No arrogance here. Very diverse workforce.
Pros
Great advancement opportunities
Cons
Bankrupt - no longer exists
Lehman Brothers doesn't exist any longer.
dba Aurora Loan Services (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COOctober 12, 2017
As a result of poor business practices Lehman Brothers doesn't exist any longer. They went bankrupt and dissolved during the 2008 economic downturn due to mortgage issues.
A Gem in my Career
Administrative Coordinator - IB Compliance (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 2, 2017
Although the company is no longer in existence, my time spent there was definitely an important stepping stone in my career. Motivating culture and dynamic, inspiring management team.
Very boring, not recommended for youth
Corporate Tax Intern (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJSeptember 30, 2017
¥ Processing and Filing State and Federal tax returns.
¥ Data entry- Trial Balances and Tax Software.
• Creating and Maintaing excel templates
• Preparing tax extension and estimate vouchers.
• Assisting with tax computations in Excel .
¥ Updating and maintaining tax calendar.
Pros
pay, free pantry
Cons
staff, no communication
Floor Trading
Trading Assistant, Assistant Supervisor (Former Employee) –  NYSE FloorSeptember 8, 2017
Fast Paced , Stressful . Ability to learn . Great Co Workers. Different type of trading and also a different type of economic culture at that time . Would do it again .
Pros
Exciting Atmosphere
Cons
Lehman Brothers crash of 2008
Not the Golden Years
Vice President - Loan Acquisition Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 6, 2017
I arrived at Lehman Brothers just prior to the BK. In my short time there it appeared as though the company was run like 250 separate P&L's as oppose to one, cohesive comapny.
Lehman Brothers culture was tough but effective, until the end
Chief Financial Officer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 29, 2017
Lehman Brothers is now a bankrupt corporation. As an employee its culture fostered the development of young managers into strong managers with a mission.
Pros
Good development for young managers
Cons
Leadership let us all down
Team builder and good work ethic
Data Security Project Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 29, 2017
helped to ensure that deadlines were met. Compensation was very fail and everyone received a just portion. There was an annual picnic and great christmas party. You got to meet and work with staff at all levels
loved it
Shipping/Receiving Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJAugust 24, 2017
I loved working at this company. I was able to move around and not just stay in one place and I also had different type of work to do daily. It wasn't a daily routine. Since I was knowledgeable in all areas of the mailroom I was able to fill in someone else's position if they were out for the day.
Out of Business and not unexpected
Senior Server Engineer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 14, 2017
Out of Business and not unexpected. Always the most aggressive bank on the street and one day it just caught up with them..They took my stock award with them..so not happy
Buy side analyst
Associate Intern- Technology Sector (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 7, 2017
• Launched coverage and presented compelling investment thesis for three major companies (ARW, AVT and FISV) in the technology sector.
• Developed detailed financial models for these firms by analyzing competitive positioning , conducting independent industry research and speaking with target company investor relations and sell-side industry contacts
one day
Assistant Vice President, Operations (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 26, 2017
hello this is for one day in operations or actual operations for me to complete this submission in at least 150 characters to move to next stage and final submission
Derivative Settlements Trade Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJuly 25, 2017
Team is very experienced and motivated. there's a lot of work to be done and people are working hard to achieve it. you are working at the biggest investment firm in the world.
Was a great Invesment Bank
Equities Middle Office Lehman Brothers Unwind Team (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 28, 2017
Lehman Brothers Holdings Inc was a great bank. They had amazing benefits. Medical/Dental/Vision was very affordable. The pantry room was stacked with many refreshments. One of the best banks I've worked for.
Awesome!
Vice President (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 26, 2017
The best place to work. We had excellent team with amazing skills. The corporate provided sufficient protections to have perfect work/life balance. The unfortunate incident of Financial collapse in 2008 ruined it all.
Pros
Work/life balance
Cons
Financial collapse of 2008
company was good to work for
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 9, 2017
Company was good to work at. but the company was closed after the melt down of 2008. there was no saving the company from the melt down that happened
Lehman Brothers
Sr. Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COJune 2, 2017
Outside Sales Rep so I was very organized and hands on. Constantly cold called to acquire new business, enjoyed working with my clients and I enjoyed training my clients.
Pros
Great job & Manager
Cons
Just a typical day in sales