Leica Geosystems Employee Reviews

Post editing
Post editing (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 6, 2017
The job consisted of post editing 300+ product photographs. Essentially it was a mask and removal of the background. nothing terribly complicated. The exception to that statement is the odd ball and/or low resolution photographs.
Educational and challanging at times
Purchasing/Sales and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAAugust 10, 2017
My day would start by going through all emails checking for orders, or confirmations to orders I placed. Check voice mail look for any customers that required a call back or reply back to any e-mail's. I would then walk the warehouse checking inventory and doing spot counts making any corrections or changes to inventory if needed.

Print out new orders, take care of walk in's and answer phones. Customers come in to either pick up material, instruments, rentals or to pick up their repairs. I would pull their orders or repairs and check them out. For those orders that were going to be shipped I would check all information making sure nothing that was needed was missing and send it back to my shipping department.

I was in charge of doing the Purchasing for three locations; Costa Mesa, Burlingame and Houston. I would check their inventory then run a sales reports. I would send them the report so they could add or take off anything that they may or may not need. I would also watch for trends, what was selling or what has not moved for a while. We then would come up with ideas to get stock rotating and in front of the customer, for those impulse buys.

I was responsible for my showroom. Making sure it was clean and well stocked. If needed I would also do demonstrations on our Disto, Lino's and Rugbys. I would help customers with returns and or trade in's for those instruments as well. Run invoices and credit cards. Count the cash drawer then lock up.
Pros
My Customers, 401k and Insurance
Cons
Working with one of my best friends and never getting time off together
Strong European Company
Southeast Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 23, 2017
Strong in what they do. Not enough training and guidance and actually too much "hands off" so that salespeople can flounder at the time. It may have changed.
Geospatial aquisition and processing
Business Applications (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAApril 25, 2016
The acquisition of ERDAS by Leica Geosystems helped the ERDAS Software Portfolio to continue to survive. Leica brought in a benefits package that was the best ever seen by all employees basically equivalent to a raise for every employee. They also enabled the office to be moved from an old building inside the Atlanta perimeter to a larger one in the Norcross Technology park. This actually improved the work life balance since a workout room and a large break room were added to the new location.
Fun workplace with good group of people
Senior Mechanical Engineer (Current Employee) –  Westford, MAApril 6, 2016
Small group in R&D a big plus to create a "startup" feel with large company benefits. The technical team is very knowledgeable. Customer interaction involved test flights in small aircraft which was always thrilling.
Leica Geosystems
Executive Assistant to Vice President (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 6, 2015
Very interesting company with a diverse group of people from all around the globe. I assisted with expense reports and organizing sales meetings. Sales meetings were centrally located in Atlanta, GA and all sales representatives were scheduled to attend. I assisted the VP of Sales & Marketing. Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point. Was encouraged to continue my education.
Pros
Free lunches, my own office
Cons
long hours due to various time zones
An excellent, interesting place to work with a collaborative, team oriented, can do atmosphere
MANAGER FINANCIAL PLANNING & ANALYSIS (Former Employee) –  San Ramon, CAMarch 18, 2015
The Cyra division of Leica was an excellent place to work. Leica develops, makes and sells high tech, measurement and survey equipment for a variety of industries. As such the core products are pretty interesting and high margin. This permeates throughout the company as in many positions you will get stimulating work that can make a difference. The team there is also exactly that, a forward looking, lets do this team environment. Because Cyra was owned by a Swiss Company, Leica, the benefits were also excellent.

Negatives include that the matrixed team environment can both sometimes be slow to make decisions and make the most satisfactory decision for the VP of the various functions (Sales, Manufacturing, HR, R&D, etc.) instead of the best overall decision for the company. HR has an inordinate amount of power at this company, sometimes to the detriment of getting the job done. Hours can sometimes be long depending on the position.
Fun...from all over the world
Front Office Administrative Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAFebruary 5, 2015
I had the best co-workers (engineers) they were tensed but I made it fun for them. How? well am glad you asked? In the mornings before start time I would get on the PA system and say "Good Morning Leica Geo Systems!!! and they would have a blast with just acknowledging. Always fresh coffee in the break room.
We were a family we had each others backs.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Vacation, 401 and they would match with a $1
Fun place to work
Student Programmer (Current Employee) –  Odense, D83January 24, 2015
Challenging and interesting problems. Co-workers are great and my boss is the best boss in the world.
Exciting and positive atmosphere to work in. Great people
Learning and Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 6, 2013
The work is exciting, since we are a high tech company. All the workers are professional and very intelligent.
Pros
Good pay. Good benefits. Good co-workers.
Cons
Insesure. Constant changes in management.

Want to know more about Leica Geosystems?

Ask a question
Great company
Software Quality Assurance Engineer (Co-op) (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 24, 2013
I only worked in Leica Geosystems based in Atlanta, GA for three month as intern and I liked it.
There was not enough time to get familiar with the company.
RF Engineering Manager (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAMay 23, 2012
My employment terminated and I was laid off because of the economic issues forced the company to move the research and development to Switzerland where the head quarter was. The management were very helpful, however one of the engineers had a culture conflict with the project manager and I had to resolve that issue first. Even with all of these, the RF project under my supervision doing well on time and target.
IT group was terrific
CRM Subject Matter Expert (Former Employee) –  Heerbrugg, SwitzerlandFebruary 25, 2012
I enjoyed working in the multi-cultural environment within the IT group in the Swiss Headquarters. Lived in Switzerland for 1 year and loved it. All my coworkers were knowledgeable and friendly.
Pros
multi-cultural
Cons
promotion difficult unless fluent in swiss-german