Leica Microsystems Employee Reviews

typical day at work
Sr Cust Service Representative - Medical Division (Current Employee) –  Buffalo Grove, ILOctober 12, 2015
I work from 8am to 5pm Mon thru Fri as a Senior Cust Service Rep in the Medical Division. We are logged into the 800 line to answer calls from both customers and our sales reps throughout the country. The reps I work with demand quotes for surgical microscopes with different components. I enter 75% of all orders that come in including spare parts and full systems. It is typically fast paced between the call and order volume. I work with an exciting group of people and no day is the same around here.
Pros
activities committee
Cons
Work flow from others piling onto my job.
I loved this job. The travel, troubleshooting, teaching, and loved my customers
Field Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 7, 2012
I would be at the customer's account @ 7:00 AM and stay until the work was completed. I was working at an account and troubleshooting why an antibody was not working. I ended up staying until 3:00 AM. I was able to get a great deal of information to send back to the company. We got the antibody working and the customer was very happy. Another time a customer called me at 11:30 pm to walk her through a situation on the tissue processor. We got them up and going and always put the customers first.
I loved the people I worked with we were definitely a team.
Exciting High Tech Company with great support system
Demonstration Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Buffalo Grove, ILJanuary 2, 2013
Day started with the QDIP meeting with management team to review the day befores productivity,quality, inventory status and the on time delivery of the microscopes that were requested from our customers. Review the current days schedule. Receive the days returns in SAP, then pull the units that are schedule to be shipped and build them and insure they are fully operational. The training was always on going to keep up with the growing technology in the medical and industrial fields. worked with best in these fields. working with the field Reps assist them in there on going training was very satisifying.
The hardest part of this job was leaving
Pros
the great summer cook outs
Productive and fast paced environment
Manager - Financial Reporting and Analysis (Former Employee) –  Buffalo Grove, ILSeptember 6, 2013
Reviewing account details and reconciliations
SAP applications
Management was very supportive
Co-workers were fun and supportive
Responding to constant daily requests from corporate
Getting feedback on your performance
Pros
opportunities to learn cross function responsibilities
Great starting sales career
Immuno Histo Chemistry Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  New york, NYApril 2, 2015
Leica was a great company to work for, afforded the ability to show off my sales talents and move up in the company. Would recommend this to someone
Loaner Pool
Sales Support (Former Employee) –  Orangeburg, NYJanuary 19, 2015
Provided technical support and equipment for trade-shows, conventions and emergency surgeries. i learned a great deal about prioritizing limited resources and time-management.
Postive atmosphere
Temp position through JobGiraffe (Current Employee) –  Buffalo Grove, ILOctober 9, 2012
I hesitate to rate the above as I have only been at Leica since July in a temp role. My co-workers are always polite and helpful. The group I am in is a very positive group and they seem to really enjoy what they do.
Fast paced work envirment high pressure at times but satisfying.
Field Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 17, 2013
You would get dispatched to a job site, greet the customer gather information, fix the machine, test the machine and fill out the service report and ensure the customer is satisfied before leaving. The training was for specimen preparation devices, disease and cancer diagnosis equipment used in hospitals and laboratories all across the world. Management was very supportive, they would try to help you with anything you needed. Co workers were very good, we could always count on a co worker for help or assistance or just to answer questions. The hardest part of the job were some of the awkward spaces the equipment was placed and trying to work on it without interfering with the customers daily activities. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the smile on the customers face when you finished the job and they can use their machine.
Pros
the pay was decent, the work after you learned was not too difficult
Cons
the work enviroments were not very clean at times
Leica Microsystems
Surgical Sales - Clinical Training Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TexasJanuary 2, 2015
Distributor network with channel.
Commission structure only.
A very difficult task.
Pros
nice distributors
Cons
commission only
Lots of travel.
FIELD SERVICE ENGINEER (Current Employee) –  Northern CaliforniaJune 12, 2014
On most days I travel to visit customers in the Bay Area. I learned about tissue processors and tissue stainers.
Great overall
Medical Device Technician & Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAMay 22, 2013
Great overall place to work. Atmosphere and co workers. Management top notch.
Needs Work
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Bannockburn, ILJanuary 8, 2013
Leica is constantly in transition and needs to update management.